Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately the rabid/crazed/psychotic shippers are the ones that most often get heard by TPTB. I guess they're the only ones that people like RCC hear.

Not that there's anything wrong with being rabid/crazed/psychotic or otherwise when it comes to ship Sometimes its fun to just obsess about your love for something.

Since I'm new to this forum, I just wanted to drop by and say hello to all the great shippers here ^^

My parents and I watch Stargate every night, and both my mum and I are such shippers. My dad thinks we're both nuts that we actually care about whether or not two fictional characters in some show get together, but what can I say? ^^ It's fun to get all shippy with your family, XD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen12
      Hi everyone! Thought I would delurk for a bit and try out my new sig. This technological stuff is so far over my head...

Nothing much to add to the current convo except to say I too am nervous and excited about Threads and dreading Affinity. ( All the more so because I just realized my in-laws will be in town, staying at my house that weekend . At the very least I won't be able to be vocal about with them here. Come to think of it, I think they were here when Chimera aired. Nasty coincidence, don't you think? Es. since they are not SG fans!)

I dared post on the anti-ship thread a while back and am very glad to be able to run back over here, to the happy place. No matter what this is a nice place to visit.

Edited to ask: (Am I the only one who can't see my pic in my sig? And if I have done it wrong can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?)

Hi Kathleen!!!! So glad you decided to join us.

About your in-laws being present during episodes, coincidence? I think NOT!!!! Poor you, your inlaws and Affinity all in one weekend.

Hmmmm, sounds like you better make a reservation at the The Shipper Commune Rehab Center. Your sure gonna need that padded room after that weekend. But don't worry, you'll probably see us all there as well.
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        Same here. If too much "stuff" ends up at the Shipper Town Trash Dump, it will send an aroma over Shipper Town that will cause an evacuation!

I am to the point of "whatever". I'm no longer excited about the future of Sam and Jack. I'll watch unless more bad news is heading for the Dump. I'll still talk, chat, and have fun with the family. However, when I heard of Sam's "acceptance", I lost the "good" feeling about Sam and Jack. I want them to be together, but it was too high a price for me to pay emotionally. What is done is done. If I had a choice knowing what I know, I would want the subtle UST back and never ask for more then I could imagine what I want.

I'm still having fun with you guys; otherwise, I would be outta here!
        Token, I am so upset over Affinity that I really am going to tape it and save it until the end of Season 8. If we get a great ending then I will go back and watch it. Right now it would just be toooooooooo painful to watch and I know this is hard to believe, especially since I am a S/J Shipper, I am not a masochist.

I think if I watched it my heart would shatter into small little pieces and would never recover. Watching her say "yes" and watching Jack's reaction would just be to much.

So, I'm gonna play pretend. I am just gonna pretend it didn't happen.

And now, Ship Nana will go to the shipper happy place.
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          ok better so not me I am too flaky with raisins I might add

OOOHHH don't let this bunch fool you that much..think about it we live in a make believe city drinkiing make believe drinks, eating make believe cookies. We have to people that think that are ....<whispers> Tok'ra and we are constantly grabbing drinks that aren't really there...... Also we all mumble and grumble and sometimes sing to ourselves ON THREAD and we ride in a Roller Coaster that is in all of our imaginations and SOME OF US REALLY GET SICK

so I think saying that 99% of them were all Tames was actually pretty close and very nice

What BLASPHEME you speak Tame!!!! No shipper cookies?!!!!!!!!!!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            Hi Kathleen!!!! So glad you decided to join us.

About your in-laws being present during episodes, coincidence? I think NOT!!!! Poor you, your inlaws and Affinity all in one weekend.

Hmmmm, sounds like you better make a reservation at the The Shipper Commune Rehab Center. Your sure gonna need that padded room after that weekend. But don't worry, you'll probably see us all there as well.
            I am thinking that there has to be a connection there, an evil one at that! Two episodes is not a coinkidink. And while they ( in-laws) are lovely people after them AND Affinity... Well, I may as well make the reservation now!

And, just for the sake of truth in advertising, I am not newly delurked. I was here a while back and RL has conspired to keep me away. Totally missed Ship Day and have been trying to catch up ever since!

"Pete Who?"

Even my DOG is a shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              ACK ...forgot to let everyone know...

Momma Kitty was trapped last night...took her to the vet this morning .. so when I pick her tonight she will no longer be able to have babies in my shed WOO HOO!!!!!

Part of the Feral program is I do all the transportation and such and I promise to make sure she has food and water to have a nice life in her *neighborhood* and I will gladly do this in exchange for NO MORE BABIES!!!!
              YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So THAT'S where you were last night!! That's wonderful!!!!!!!! And back on topic...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                Well, it'll be good therapy if we're allowed to beat the crap outta Mackenzie. Better yet, stick Kinsey in the room with him. then we get even more therapy when we've got 2 a$$holes to beat the crap out of.
                ROFL!!!!!!!!!
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by MireiyuNoir
                  Unfortunately the rabid/crazed/psychotic shippers are the ones that most often get heard by TPTB. I guess they're the only ones that people like RCC hear.

Not that there's anything wrong with being rabid/crazed/psychotic or otherwise when it comes to ship Sometimes its fun to just obsess about your love for something.

Since I'm new to this forum, I just wanted to drop by and say hello to all the great shippers here ^^

My parents and I watch Stargate every night, and both my mum and I are such shippers. My dad thinks we're both nuts that we actually care about whether or not two fictional characters in some show get together, but what can I say? ^^ It's fun to get all shippy with your family, XD.

Hello to you tooooooo! Glad you decided to stop by. Kudos to your mom as well. I love your name! Hope you plan to stay around a while and ask your mom to stop by as well.
                  Ship Nana

Comment

I am thinking that there has to be a connection there, an evil one at that! Two episodes is not a coinkidink. And while they ( in-laws) are lovely people after them AND Affinity... Well, I may as well make the reservation now!

And, just for the sake of truth in advertising, I am not newly delurked. I was here a while back and RL has conspired to keep me away. Totally missed Ship Day and have been trying to catch up ever since!

Oh by the way, I meant to tell you before that you have a really, really, smart dog!!!!!!!!!!! Of course he's cute tooooo!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                      Oh by the way, I meant to tell you before that you have a really, really, smart dog!!!!!!!!!!! Of course he's cute tooooo!

Simon is smart and cute, but I have this sneaking suspicion that he is a SG fan merely because he gets to sit on my lap whenever I sit down to watch it! (Hence the term lap dog)

He is smart enough to know that has to go though. And if my dog can see that... Well need I say more?

"Pete Who?"

Even my DOG is a shipper!

Comment

Simon is smart and cute, but I have this sneaking suspicion that he is a SG fan merely because he gets to sit on my lap whenever I sit down to watch it! (Hence the term lap dog)

He is smart enough to know that has to go though. And if my dog can see that... Well need I say more?
                        Nope! That makes him tops in my book! The fact that he knows that needs to go makes him a whole lot smarter than Sam right now. And we all know how smart that is!!!!!!!!!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

//Yep, it's like smelling cookies baking but when you go in the kitchen all that's there is dry, 2 week old stale white bread. //

lol

//that part was lovely -- she'd kiddin herself, we all knew who she was referring to//

which was all that kept me from being violently ill....

and MG? you should run and hide when I rant! its scary!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Raggedy11, sweet sig pic of Jack!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              It makes perfect sense, hon.

I remember the first time I tried to read an nc17 fic after Chimera... and all I could see was Sam and PS....

The heart and soul of this show for ME is Sam and Sam/Jack. Without it, it's just a really good show with great storylines... but no emotional draw and no urge to 'see it at all costs!'

Bring on Affinity NOW.... so we can get it over with.

Sally
                              (((Aunt Sally)))...<shudders> thats horrible

marimba, at least Syd and Vaughn are together....AGAIN! and that show ignores stupid real life regs (c'mon....you really think the CIA lets people in their situation be involved? or go on missions with their complex wacky history? puh-lease...)

nickatell, Ptui should've been gone before the end of season SEVEN...no way should he STILL be around as close to the end of S8 as he's getting...I;'m scared for S9...I don't think I want it cause they might keep him. No S9 with Pete!

welcome Jameison!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi

Comment

Mala, you're a genius

ship sistah, thanks for the report!

back to catching up...internet went down last night and then I was busy all day writing...hope ship daddy showed up at some point...

~Imzadi

Comment

Working...
                                X