A
    C
    E
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I didn't notice any ship, either. There wasn't even much team interaction. Sam certainly handled herself well as team leader. Jack was more comfortable with command. Daniel was Daniel. Teal'c was ... um, maybe we'll see him in another episode.

I really thought the boredom issue had more to do with the lack of chemistry between Daniel and any of the guest stars. The sections of the episode with Daniel and the natives just dragged because I wasn't buying his connection to those people. I blame a combination of writing and casting for it. Casting guest stars by video taped auditions really doesn't allow room for the intangibles like chemistry. The actors were trying, but sometimes it's just not there no matter the talent involved.

I'm afraid that this is the price we have to pay due to RDA's schedule and the fact that they have to film more than one episode at a time.

Overall, I think they are doing a better job of handling this situation than they did last year. The episodes, so far, don't feel quite so Jack light.

I think taking everything into consideration, it's a fair trade as long as we start to see some ship soon.
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      I PM'd the link to Kri.

Edited to say: And yes, it was Heliopolis 2.
      Um....I need a cigarette. And I don't smoke!

Comment

What I like best with Mei Mei's stories (sorry, don't mean to talk like you're not there, Mei Mei) is that they are tasteful not raunchy. I like to read about the romance and story along with it. I'm a romantic at heart and some stories make me cringe. I found out what a slasher was by accident. Imagine MY surprise!! Yeah......so......anyway.....

I am so glad that Affinity is going to be on in two weeks so we can get the dang thing over with!! Who'd like to volunteer to cover my eyes??

Comment

Originally posted by Kri

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Told ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            I'm afraid that this is the price we have to pay due to RDA's schedule and the fact that they have to film more than one episode at a time.

Overall, I think they are doing a better job of handling this situation than they did last year. The episodes, so far, don't feel quite so Jack light.

I think taking everything into consideration, it's a fair trade as long as we start to see some ship soon.
            SPOILER SPACE

I have to agree with you. Last nights ep didn't feel Jack lite though it was. But I didn't like the ep. It was confusing in the time line and I didn't see any chemistry between Daniel and Leda - definately not enough for Daniel to be playing patty cakes with a married woman! I thought the ep was kind of boring.

I liked the interaction with Jack and Sam when she was telling him (or trying to) about finding Daniel. I thought the look on Jack's face was funny when Daniel was using Goa'uld to tell them what he needed!

I didn't like it when Jack snapped at Sam, evidently, she didn't either! LOL!

Comment

Righto Folks!

I'm going to bed now. I'm working in the morning (deep joy! )

See you all later!!!

Suz
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Righto Folks!

I'm going to bed now. I'm working in the morning (deep joy! )

See you all later!!!

Suz

Night sueKay! Your stories are next on my list!!

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                  What I like best with Mei Mei's stories (sorry, don't mean to talk like you're not there, Mei Mei) is that they are tasteful not raunchy. I like to read about the romance and story along with it. I'm a romantic at heart and some stories make me cringe. I found out what a slasher was by accident. Imagine MY surprise!! Yeah......so......anyway.....

I am so glad that Affinity is going to be on in two weeks so we can get the dang thing over with!! Who'd like to volunteer to cover my eyes??
                  Just the idea of slash makes me want to hurl. I refuse to go to sites that promote that crap.

As for Affinity...

s
                  p
                  o
                  i
                  l
                  e
                  r
                  s

f
                  o
                  r

A
                  f
                  f
                  i
                  n
                  i
                  t
                  y

I haven't read the spoilers for that one, but I am gonna assume is the main part of this ep. Is this the engagement episode? Dang, if so, we need some immediate ship afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter

LOL! No offense taken!! And you can't say the one on Helio2 is tasteful!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Affinity/Threads Spoilers

I am almost anxious to see Affinity now that the spoilers are out for Threads. I want to see how enthusiastic the acceptance is... I mean if in a few weeks (their time line) she is having doubts, how happy is she really going to be when she actually accepts. How quick can those doubts happen if they have been dating for at least, what, six-eight months in the shows time? I mean last night's ep was three months long!

Comment

Yep, that's the episode. I just wanna get it over with and move on!! I've already forwarned my husband that he better be REALLY nice and supportive during that one! He is now taking pleasure in taunting me with Pete. He told me the other night that he thought Pete was good for Sam. I told him that he couldn't be married to me with that attitude. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        Uh, I smoke, want me to throw you one!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                          LOL! No offense taken!! And you can't say the one on Helio2 is tasteful!!! ROTFLMAO!!!
                          ROFL!!! Yeah, um...I was speaking of the others....that one was....yeah, I'm gonna have to take up smoking along with Kri on that one....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            Yep. I think Jacob/Selmak is everybody's favorite Tok'ra. Selmak is the only one who tries to be frank with SG-1 and tells it like it is. Selmak is also the Tok'ra everybody seems to trust. Selmak intentions point to a more "open door" policy regarding information whereas the rest of the Tok'ra seem more close-mouthed. So I'd like to see both of them pull through. Of course I don't know why they haven't had Jake hook up with a Tok'ra babe by now, like say Garshaw (). I'd hate to see the poor guy continuing to be written as a celibate monk. I could picture it now. Jacob comes in for a visit. He's standing right in front of Sam who's drinking a glass of water. He makes the marriage announcement just as Sam takes a drink. Yep. Sam sprays water all over her dad at this statement.

Hey and they could have a double wedding with Sam and Jack. Or is that a 3 way wedding including the symbiotes!!!!!!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Yea! A ship episode is on! Metamorphosis is on syndication right now for me Here comes Nirrti and her "treatments"!

I don't know why I find these kind of episodes intriguing, but I'd really like to see a near death episode where Sam is by Jack's bedside 24/7, telling him how much she loves him, that he needs to fight his way back to her, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                                I'm here!!!
                                Just been catching up with new posts!!

But I am going to have to leave you all again in a minute cause I got to go watch SG and Atlantis..they are still downloading at the moment

Hope you are all having a good, shippy day
                                Does anyone have a magic machine that will make me 18 right now? Then turn me back to my normal age afterwards? I'm dying to read the next part in Mei Mei's 'Things for Love' series!!! (Not trying to rush you Mei Mei I know you said you would work on the PG-15 version..its just that the series has been so good so far and I really want to know how it carries on!!)
                                Maybe I should check with the ancients...

*Grabs a handful of shipper cookies and goes to sit in the shipper park*

Trust me on this one, DON'T RUSH THINGS! Enjoy every age as you don't get a second chance. Time kinda takes care of itself and then all of a sudden you wonder how fast it has gone by.
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X