This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    Check your PM's. I sent you the links to episode downloads for SG-1 and Atlantis.
    thanks madgater i will try it out i have to have sleep at the moment but will try asap tomorrow thanks for taking the time to help me

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
      Spoilers for Season 8 episodes, particularly Affinity and Threads:
      If Threads does not get a big re-write and Sam does go to Jack in the ep to discuss her situation with Pete and then tries to tell Jack how she feels about him, there must be some moments coming before that episode which make her see that their feelings are still there for each other, don't you all think? <snip> I'm talking about something significant as opposed to the lovely little moments we've seen so far that are more of the deeply caring friendship variety than angst ridden love.
      Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      I would think so, there should be something leading up to it. Maybe another convo with Teal'c, too?
      It’d have to be a really big something… they’ve been through so many significant things before now & neither budged an inch…
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
        Just speculating a bit, while I wait to leave the office for the day....

If Threads does not get a big re-write and Sam does go to Jack in the ep to discuss her situation with Pete and then tries to tell Jack how she feels about him, there must be some moments coming before that episode which make her see that their feelings are still there for each other, don't you all think? I don't think this desire to tell him would come out of the blue for her, especially since she has committed so much to her relationship with Pete. There is the perfect opportunity for something in the Maybourne episode, according to the spoilers. Sam and Jack off alone together. I wonder where else we might see it. Gemini, perhaps? I'm talking about something significant as opposed to the lovely little moments we've seen so far that are more of the deeply caring friendship variety than angst ridden love.

So loving the ride thus far this year, even if Affinity may make me a bit nauseous.
        Now this is some interesting speculation! You're probably on to something--it wouldn't be very natural if it came out of nowhere. So maybe we'll get a good shippy moment or two. Also, if we are going to get those moments the PTB would probably be clams about them so the antis won't squawk before it's aired. And we haven't heard anything, so maybe it's a good thing we haven't heard anything shippy...
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
          Hiya Guys,

Just Wanted To Say That In All The Time Here I Feel So Happy Being Part Of My Shipper Family Esp To Diposfjazz ,suekay,CATY AND MADGATER(also Ship Nana,tame And Token) I Have Had A Few Emotional Problems Lately That Some Know Of And You Guys Have Helped Me (i Forgot Marimba) I Have Had Nice Glasses Of Wine Tonight And You Guys Are Special I Have You There For Personal Reasons And I Have You There For My Fav Subject Sam & Jack,so Again Thank-you And I Hope All The Shipper Family Old And New Continue To Make Our Lives A Happy One. :d

Wynterxx
          ((((((((((((((((wynter)))))))))))))))))

Glad to be able to help even if it was only a little bit
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan

I think it's likely we'll get to see a bit of how the seriousness of her relationship with Pete is affecting Jack. I get the impression he is hurting, but trying to cover as best he can. Sam may not be sure how to interpret his reactions, but it should be enough coupled with her doubts to send her into the tailspin we see in Threads. I'm nearly certain we'll see some of his reaction in Affinity and very likely in a couple following episodes as well. However, I'm not expecting significant. I'm expecting angsty little moments in about equal quantity and intensity to the lovely little moments we got in the latter half of last season.

And for some reason you really got me thinking, so into wild speculation land we go.

I really think Sam's going to take seeing Kerry the wrong way. The obvious assumption from her POV is that he's moved on. It should logically push her back to Pete. And Jack has to know that's how she's interpreted it and there's no real chance she's gonna take the initiative anymore. She tried and got stung.

A lot of the point of Threads really seems to be forcing Jack into a situation where has to act or tattoo loser on his forehead. There's no conflict if Sam's already ditched Pete when Jack gets all the answers. Her doubts are just enough to let Jack know she is not happy with Pete, still cares for Jack, and could be convinced to call off the engagement. It's a pretty textbook back the character into a corner move. Jack has all the information (including that she thinks he's moved on), a limited timeframe to act, and even a solid plan handed to him on a silver platter. You really think he's gonna go for the loser tattoo option? No drama there, either. Also, not very Jack. He'd stand back if it was going to make her happy, but knowing she's not entirely happy and she might prefer him? No way. Now, he has to sort out the whole retire and get appointed thing, then talk to Sam before the wedding. Now, there's some dramatic conflict.

And, here's the sick thought that starts pulling these threads together and really press the time crunch: Jacob mentions he'd really hoped he could be there for Sam's wedding, but doesn't think he'll make it that long. Reeling from seeing Kerry with Jack and dad's dying wish, that could easily push Sam to move up the wedding so her father can be there. That could create extra drama and tension as it turns into a beat the clock situation for Jack.

While I can now see a potential point to why Jacob's dying in this episode, I really, really don't want to actually lose the guy. Somebody better sweep in at the last minute and figure out a way to help him.

I'm not clear on how much Jack knows about Sam's unhappiness with her engagement. She goes to his house to tell him she loves him, but doesn't get to say that (Kerry comes). But how much does she say before that though.? I mean, she says enough to let him know that she's having second thoughts about Pete, right? Also read somewhere that she is devastated when Kerry comes. Would you say that? I thank you so much for all you have told us.

Comment

Meimei: one other comment about your fic: I liked how simply the regs issued was resolved? see PTB? its not that complex...

Suekay: will review your fics, love em and had only mentioned it here...ummm...I have to login? huh...let me try and figure that out since I don't want to register on another site...

edited to add: can't think of anything to help your writers block...I read fanfic, but am not a writer...

wish I was watching Icon now...

reading Suekay's fics instead
              Last edited by LtLisa; 06 August 2004, 05:20 PM.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                I think it's likely we'll get to see a bit of how the seriousness of her relationship with Pete is affecting Jack. I get the impression he is hurting, but trying to cover as best he can. Sam may not be sure how to interpret his reactions, but it should be enough coupled with her doubts to send her into the tailspin we see in Threads. I'm nearly certain we'll see some of his reaction in Affinity and very likely in a couple following episodes as well. However, I'm not expecting significant. I'm expecting angsty little moments in about equal quantity and intensity to the lovely little moments we got in the latter half of last season.
                I agree about Jack hurting… especially when Sam announces the engagement. Then PS becomes way more serious than just the flavor of the month. Wonder if Jack will start making comments to or having convos w/Sam that get her to thinking/doubting her ‘ship w/PS?
                And for some reason you really got me thinking, so into wild speculation land we go.

I really think Sam's going to take seeing Kerry the wrong way. The obvious assumption from her POV is that he's moved on. It should logically push her back to Pete. And Jack has to know that's how she's interpreted it and there's no real chance she's gonna take the initiative anymore. She tried and got stung.
                Oh yeah... when you first shared the spoiler w/us that was my first thought. Sam walks in & automatically assumes ‘Oh bugger… he’s in a relationship… Why didn’t he say something to me? D*^* how do I get out of here w/some shred of composure left?’
                A lot of the point of Threads really seems to be forcing Jack into a situation where has to act or tattoo loser on his forehead. There's no conflict if Sam's already ditched Pete when Jack gets all the answers. Her doubts are just enough to let Jack know she is not happy with Pete, still cares for Jack, and could be convinced to call off the engagement. It's a pretty textbook back the character into a corner move. Jack has all the information (including that she thinks he's moved on), a limited timeframe to act, and even a solid plan handed to him on a silver platter. You really think he's gonna go for the loser tattoo option? No drama there, either. Also, not very Jack. He'd stand back if it was going to make her happy, but knowing she's not entirely happy and she might prefer him? No way. Now, he has to sort out the whole retire and get appointed thing, then talk to Sam before the wedding. Now, there's some dramatic conflict.
                Yeah… but will he take action? He’s acted in the ‘if you love someone set them free’ mode for so long… will it really be enough to get him to act this time??
                And, here's the sick thought that starts pulling these threads together and really press the time crunch: Jacob mentions he'd really hoped he could be there for Sam's wedding, but doesn't think he'll make it that long. Reeling from seeing Kerry with Jack and dad's dying wish, that could easily push Sam to move up the wedding so her father can be there. That could create extra drama and tension as it turns into a beat the clock situation for Jack.

While I can now see a potential point to why Jacob's dying in this episode, I really, really don't want to actually lose the guy. Somebody better sweep in at the last minute and figure out a way to help him.
                No… I love Jacob too & would hate to see SG lose him. I wonder if it is such a good time for Jack to act w/Sam’s Dad possibly dying? I know we want to see S/J together, but under better circumstances maybe?
                Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 06 August 2004, 06:24 PM. Reason: deleted a word, changed another
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

MeiMei:
                  Just finished reading Things We Do For Love
                  Bravo!

Any other S/J fic in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    MeiMei:
                    Just finished reading Things We Do For Love
                    Bravo!

Any other S/J fic in the works?
                    Yes, my most wonderful beta in the world is currently (maybe) working on another fic but not a continuation of the current series. It's a S8 fic. Thanks for the applause!

And thanks to LtLisa and Nikkirose and anyone else I've missed that have said nice things!

I have to have ship if the only way I can get is to make it up myself!!

Comment

Affinity & Threads Spoiled below
                      H
                      A
                      P
                      P
                      Y
                      F
                      U
                      N
                      S
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      S
                      P
                      A
                      C
                      E

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      I'm not clear on how much Jack knows about Sam's unhappiness with her engagement. She goes to his house to tell him she loves him, but doesn't get to say that (Kerry comes). But how much does she say before that though.? I mean, she says enough to let him know that she's having second thoughts about Pete, right? Also read somewhere that she is devastated when Kerry comes. Would you say that? I thank you so much for all you have told us.
                      You're very welcome.

Sam tells Jack about the house and he can tell she's not happy about it. She flat out says she's having second thoughts. She basically admits she's not happy. She says she feels like she might be making a mistake. Then she babbles a bit making it very clear there's a solid reason she's bringing this mess to him. And before she can get anything out about her feelings for him, Kerry shows up. She's, at the very least, stunned and very uncomfortable. I'd bet on shocked more than devestated, but it all depends on how Amanda plays it. She could easily go father than shock with it.
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

well, I was wondering where everyone was then I realized that Atlantis is still on <g>

So, I had an OT question: anybody know any good programs that would let me work/volunteer and travel...particularly interested in Ireland, but anythings cool (this is what I've been up to all night...looking to go somewhere next summer). PM me if you know anything fun

guess I'll come back in 20 mins when Atlantis is over...and guess there wasn't much ship in Icon or there would've been a million posts...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                        ~Imzadi
                        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Affinity & Threads spoilers below:
                          M
                          O
                          R
                          E

S
                          P
                          O
                          I
                          L
                          E
                          R

S
                          P
                          A
                          C
                          E
                          Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          Yeah… but will he take action? He’s acted in the ‘if you love someone set them free’ mode for so long… will it really be enough to get him to act this time??
                          If he thought Pete was making her happy, I think he'd step back and let her go. However, she makes it clear that she's not so happy and she's having massive doubts -- some related to him. That's a whole other ball of wax.
                          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose

Anyway back to the thread....
                            -Sally, LOVE your new sig!!
                            Thanks!

K, here's the next sigs. There's six in this package, though.

J - "I've heard it said that if you're married, God makes sure you spend eternity in heaven with your spouse."

S - "Jack... "

J - "Marry me, Sam. Spend eternity with me."

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

J - "Carter, want to go fishing with me?"
                              S - "Colonel, why do you keep asking me that when Teal'c told you I don't like fishing?"
                              J - "... Okay, want to come up to my cabin and have wild monkey sex?"
                              S - "Why didn't you just say that in the first place! Yes!"

Sally

ps - mods, please excuse the WMS reference, but that was my original sigline.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

He stared.
                                She stared.
                                They smiled.
                                They said it all.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...