X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smed
    thanks very much for taking the time.

And yes, you could put me strongly in the Pro Sam/Jack Ship category. I understood the basics thoughts.. but thought I would ask the question.

Thanks again

WELCOME!!!!!

GRAB SOME PIZZA AND YOUR FAVORITE STIFF DRINK (OR POP IF YOU'RE NOT OF LEGAL AGE FOR MY STIFF DRINKS ) AND RELAX.

Comment

(((((((Shipper Family)))))))) Thanks so much for cheering me up! I feel alittle better today after reading all the posts from yesterday and today. Also I'm starting to slowly rebuild my happy place... (watching marimba's RDA/Jack videos has been a HUGE help, now if only I could find a decent MS/Daniel video *hint hint* any suggestions?)

WELCOME Goshengirl, Smed, and anyone I happen to miss!!! Make sure you post lots and lots and eat TONS of shipper cookies (they're the best around)! <-- Jack 'getting rid' of

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        Then I would say, "Pathetic!! End the show now!"
        I know :/

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          I don't disagree with what you have said about RL relationships. But....I think Sam has literally talked herself into believing that is what she really wants. She really and truly believes what she is doing is right because she has made herself believe.

I have known people who say something so much to themselves that they start believing what they say, even if it isn't the truth. This belief, though wrong, can be very strong.

Fortunately, something either inside or outside Sam wakes her up before it is to late. Maybe it's that little something in the back of one's mind that just won't rest because it knows you are going down the wrong path.

Try not to be to hard on Sam. Afterall, she is only human and makes mistakes even one's that hurt the people she cares about. Maybe that is the point!!!!! She's not perfect! Close to perfect maybe, but not perfect!
          Ship Nana, you know I love you! And your cookies! However, Sam is NOT human! She is a TV character. Each week we suspend our beliefs to see SG1 save the earth! If SG1 was human, they would have been dead long ago! That's my problem...if they can be super-human in their jobs, why is it so hard to write them as having "a lick of sense" in a relationship. JMHO

Token ~

Comment

HIYA GUYS,

I HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL NOT GET UPSET ABOUT 'THREADS' I HAVE DECIDED THAT JM HAS DEDICATED THIS EPISODE TO US SHIPPERS HENCE THE TITLE.

I WILL HONOUR MY DUTY TO SAM AND JACK AND CARRY ON OUR GOOD WORK HERE IN THIS TREAD

ALSO LETS HAVE FUN ON THIS THREAD AS YOU GUYS DONE WELL ON SHIP DAY FOR THIS SPOILER TO RUIN ALL THAT YOU HAD, SO GRAB PIZZA AND BEER EAT DRINK BE MERRY AND ENJOY WHAT COMES.

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Starfury
              OK, I gave up trying to "catch up" and read/skim all the posts. And I gave up trying to avoid some spoilers, too. My take on the "Threads" SPOILERS is....
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER
              SPOILER

I think it's is a subtle and sinister plot contrived by the TPTB to influence the upcoming US Presidential Election, by subconsciously influencing voters to respond negatively to the name "Kerry". OK, so the episode won't air till AFTER the election. We can't let reality get in the way of a good theory...besides, the spoilers are here now...

"I was FOR the ship before I was against it!"
              --If John Kerry were a Stargate fan...
              ROTFLMAO!!!! I love your quote!! Could I use it?

Token ~

Comment

I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING BEER AND PIZZA AND HAPPY THOUGHTS

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  I agree — I adore Puccini, though not as much as I adore Mozart. But Jack would be into Puccini for the sheer emotional quality.

(You're reminding me of a scene I intend to write eventually — Jack and Sam have found out they're expecting, and that night Sam wakes up to find Jack gone from bed. She finds him elsewhere in the house listening to Barber's "Adagio for Strings", looking through an album filled with pictures of Charlie. The music in the scene has always been the most dominant thing in my mind. And since I'm already mildly off-topic, a snippet from my friend Sache8's Season 6 fic:

Mel
                  I soooooooooo want Jack to get to be a father again. He deserves another chance at it.
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    Ship Nana, you know I love you! And your cookies! However, Sam is NOT human! She is a TV character. Each week we suspend our beliefs to see SG1 save the earth! If SG1 was human, they would have been dead long ago! That's my problem...if they can be super-human in their jobs, why is it so hard to write them as having "a lick of sense" in a relationship. JMHO
                    They are human! They have died as a matter of fact. The only reason they're not dead yet is because some nifty pice of alien tech keep bringing them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Smed
                      Ok. So I'm new to this forum but I'm a huge SG-1 fan. Can someone please tell me what "Ship" or "Shipper" means? sorry if I'm dense.

Smed
                      Welcome Smed!!!! Glad you decided to join us!!!

Help yourself to some Shipper Cookies but remember to take it slow until you adjust to them. They can be disorienting to say the least. You don't want to know what happened to the newby who overindulged on them. It wasn't a pretty site. Hehehehe
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        Hi Smed!!!
                        (hmmm, pretty colours, just like Ship Nana's cookies.... ).

So, Ship refers to a relationship, and Shippers are people who are FOR a particular relationship.
                        In this case the people (nutcases ) in this thread (asylum ), are FOR the Sam-Jack relationship.

So, if you are for Sam and Jack, jump right in (if you're not then there are a couple of other threads you should go visit )

There's also a very handy FAQ section around here that can help you with other basic info

Always glad to have another Stargate fan around. Enjoy!!
                        I prefer the term RESIDENT of the asylum, I mean thread, to "nutcases" if you don't mind!!!!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Hiya Guys,

Only Me Again I Was Reading Over Posts As I'm Not Saying The T****d Word Again And Ship Nana You Are Right We Uk Fans Will Get To See The Episode Before You Or Do We See It At Nearly The Same Time?oh Well If It Goes Pear Shaped Or If It Goes Our Way At Least We Have Our Shipper Family To Support Each Other Or Rejoice And Celebrate With Each Other

Wynterx

Comment

I prefer the term RESIDENT of the asylum, I mean thread, to "nutcases" if you don't mind!!!!
                            I bow to your superior nuttiness...... oops, I mean residentness

Comment

Welcome Smed!!!! Glad you decided to join us!!!

Help yourself to some Shipper Cookies but remember to take it slow until you adjust to them. They can be disorienting to say the least. You don't want to know what happened to the newby who overindulged on them. It wasn't a pretty site. Hehehehe
                              Yep. I overindulged so much the first time I posted that even Kel'dor (my Tok'ra symbiote) struggled to heal me. I was all fuzz-brained for a week, like I was in a week-long acid trip.

Comment

That's what I think is gonna happen! TPTB are definitely gonna have Sam drop and Jack be dropped by Kerry. Their eyes will be opened and Jack will start working on a plan but I don't think that TPTB are gonna give us our cake and let us eat it too all in one episode.

As long as the other's are dropped and the ship makes real progress in "Threads", I will be happy.

Besides the obvious reference to our Thread, maybe it also means that Sam and Jack will pick up the lost threads of their relationship and with them start to weave a new life together. Wow, that is so beautiful if I do say so myself.
                                Well, my romantic self was thinking it might be a classical reference to the fates and the threads of life and how they are woven into a great fabric--how cheesy is that?
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X