Originally posted by sueKay
    Hey folks!!

I found a great story based on Threads.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1995162/1/

It's quite short, but it's good!
    Thanks for sharing, that was great!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Ah, nothing like the bard to speak so eloquently of love... Maybe I should drag out the poetry next time for inspiration
      *huggles the Bard* Nothing like Shakespeare to soothe the soul.

Poetry is always fun for inspiration, though I can't write it to save my life. And I'm an English major, so I do get to read it a lot.

If love should count you worthy, and should deign
      One day to seek your door and be your guest,
      Pause! ere you draw the bolt and bid him rest,
      If in your old content you would remain,
      For not alone he enters; in his train
      are angels of the mist, the lonely quest
      Dreams of the unfulfilled and unpossessed,
      And sorry, and life's immemorial pain.
      He wakes desires you never may forget,
      He shows you stars you never saw before,
      He makes you share with him, for evermore,
      The burden of the world's divine regret.
      How wise you were to open not — and yet,
      How poor if you should turn him from the door!

~Sidney Royse Lysaught, "The Penalty of Love"
      Just thought this might give Jack and Sam a nudge — take the plunge! We know you can do it! It'll be worth it!
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        What do you mean by early? They're supposed to start filming on this ep on Aug 12th. That's next week, so I'm not sure what you mean by early.

Sally
        I know ...but the episode itself won't be airing until late in the year or next....so I was wondering why they let the cat out of the bag....BUT I am happy that we have the *heads Up* prior to filming....DON'T GET ME WRONG

This way we do have time to let our thoughts be known...

I was just telling Marimba - I am to the point that I DON'T CARE HOW I WANT SAM & JACK TOGETHER BY THE END OF SEASON 8 !!!!!

So maybe I need to stop bellyaching that it seems like a Soap Opera and just be happy that it may happen period.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

spoilers for s8's Threads

I'm seeing this as great news! Issues are going to be addressed.

*Sam's having huge doubts about her engagement to PS.

*Jack's relationship is going nowhere because of his FEELINGS for Sam.

*Sam goes to Jack's house to discuss her issues/feelings.

*Jack's gf gets out of the relationship because of Jack's issues with Sam.

*Jack's gf gives Jack the 'way out' to have a relationship with Sam.

*Sam is NOT happy. Someone's getting married, has a beautiful house to move into with future hubby, and she's NOT happy.

*Sam finds out Jack's got a gf... that's gotta hurt.

I know we don't know how this is going to turn out yet, but Joe told us not to jump to the marriage conclusion.

I'm not going blindly into this -never. ever. again- but I see this as SOMETHING that's being done. The ship's not being ignored. The ship is *NOT* being ignored. After Affinity, I really feel this is the beginning of S/J and the end of S/P... I really feel this my shipper family.

Sally
          See If I won't listen to myself...I am gonna listen to my Aunt Sally
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            It's late, I just re-read "Future Imperfect" and it made me feel pretty shippy good. But, please, you misinterpreted what I said. I DONT care what the AF thinks, EXCEPT that it's possible what they think MIGHT affect a ship resolution. I said much earlier that I wish they would get out of the show. And their generals getting bit parts. Naturally I put in that I have respect for the rank and file members--because I do and don't want to be misinterpreted that way.
            oh, sorry...that turned into a general rant, not just related to your comment I saw the words 'AF consultant' ands well....<blushes> (((Gatetrixer))) hope you didn't think I was chewing your head off...just ranting....

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

LOL!.... LOL!... Thanks for making me laugh, hon... even if it makes sense in some twisted, dorky kinda way.

Sally
              twisted? my sense of humor? ;~)

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Hey folks!!

I found a great story based on Threads.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1995162/1/

It's quite short, but it's good!
                Wow!.......... wow
                Gosh I enjoyed that!!! Now if only TPTB could do Threads like THIS!!!

*wanders off in happy shipper daze*

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  Side by side plots! That's up there with the 50th Wedding Anniversary date!
                  isn't that just what every woman wants? I mean, I know I do...

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    I answered this in one of the older threads, but it's being asked enough I guess I should answer again here. What info I have comes from script pages called casting sides released for auditioning purposes. It's the same place everybody else who's gotten info on this episode right about now got it. The nice folks at Gateworld generally try to keep their spoilers more teasers and don't give away things that happen in the later parts of episodes. I only seem to have more info because I am spilling those things, mostly in an attempt to reduce panic and because it's really not the end of the story arc. You can find much (if not all) of the same info I gave coming from other sources such as solutions and on their message board on Delphi.

And no insult taken at questioning my info. I've been burned by false spoilers before and would do the same in your shoes. We don't even know for sure if this info is pre-changes for season 9 or not. Significant elements could be altered if this is one of the episodes that is still getting rewrites. Re-writes happen, scenes get dropped entirely for time, RDA ad-libs... there are so many reasons it might not be exactly as reported. As with all spoilers, it is wise to take them with an appropriate grain of salt until you see it on screen. What I know is just a snapshot of a small portion of the script as it was when they were casting the guest stars.
                    Thanks Auralan for answering that again...I had a couple asking me in IM *How does she know all that.?? and I remembered that you had answered it way back when

Also you brought my MOJO back to proper Shipper level so I can eat my Shipper Cookies with glee once again and be a *PollyAnna* and spread the Shipper Joy worldwide.

I will write to let TPTB KNOW that I am HAPPY with this type of ending SAM & JACK together in the end.. A REAL realtionship type ending!!! not just a "Gone Fishing" ending

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      (((((((((((((((((ses110))))))))))))))))))

I totally understand where you're coming from, just remember that we are ALL entitled to our opinions, even the antis. So we must be nice to everyone no matter what they think! Okay, enough sunshine now, I think!

I just think it's gonna be okay. I can imagine that this could lead to a beautiful and satisfying resolution for Sam and Jack. I can imagine that they will finally BOTH come to terms with their love for each other and stop waiting! I think it could spur them to action--a VERY good thing I think! Now, I am just speculating and I think we're still in for one heck of a ride but I think it could be beautiful and loving and the culmination of everything we love about the ship!

I think I'm going to print this out and tape it to my computer.
                      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Thanks Auralan for answering that again...I had a couple asking me in IM *How does she know all that.?? and I remembered that you had answered it way back when

Also you brought my MOJO back to proper Shipper level so I can eat my Shipper Cookies with glee once again and be a *PollyAnna* and spread the Shipper Joy worldwide.

You're welcome. Glad it helped. I just really hope I'm not raising people's expectations only for TPTB to change direction due to season 9. That's my biggest fear in sharing the info. Fingers crossed.
                        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          Wow!.......... wow
                          Gosh I enjoyed that!!! Now if only TPTB could do Threads like THIS!!!

*wanders off in happy shipper daze*
                          Hee hee

You'll find lot's of great storys at http://www.fanfiction.net

It's also where I archive my own stuff. (Yes I'm shamelessly plugging my stories.)

Speaking of plugging my stories, I'll be updating 'The General's hell' within the hour!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

that fic was great! Now if TPTB do something like THAT...

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                              You're welcome. Glad it helped. I just really hope I'm not raising people's expectations only for TPTB to change direction due to season 9. That's my biggest fear in sharing the info. Fingers crossed.
                              well the worse thing that will happen is I won't buy their DVDs and they will be out of a job... no biggie

ok that really is a joke folks

Comment

I'm not going blindly into this -never. ever. again- but I see this as SOMETHING that's being done. The ship's not being ignored. The ship is *NOT* being ignored. After Affinity, I really feel this is the beginning of S/J and the end of S/P... I really feel this my shipper family.

Sally
                                I think you're right, Sally. We shouldn't go into this blindly at all but I'm hopeful about this too. I think it will finally be the end of Pete and I, for one, am happy about that!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X