This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    I know this is really long, but we have a really big town. I've made a few updates and would like everyone to look over it. Tasha is going to put it in the book she is creating, and I want to make sure it is as good as we can make it. That includes content and grammar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Shipper Town" created by Token

• The first stop in Shipper Town "Home of the Replishippers" is the R(ed) C(ookie) Shipper Town Information Center. Each new shipper receives a beginners supply of shipper cookies along with a cookie list and instructions, a map of Shipper Town, and a choice of either a Sam, Jack, Daniel or Teal’c clone with a manual if needed. Jonas and Siler clones available upon special request.
    • We have the Bakery where Ship Nana does her magic. Shipper cookies are a fundamental staple of any shipper’s meal. They can also be used as meal replacements when consumed with caffeinated beverages.
    • The Cineplex is where Caty and Marimba show their videos 24/7. Tissue boxes are conveniently located on each chair. "Master of the House" and "I will survive" are hot requests until "My Confession" is a reality.
    • The Shipper Park is also known as the "Happy Place". At the center of the park is a gorgeous wishing pond complete with a magnificent Waterfall. One of the favorite spots is the Prayer Garden. Shippers come to the Prayer Garden to meditate, pray and use the convenient writing paper to send TPTB constuctive and positive letters on the obviously perfect future of Sam and Jack.
    • The Joe Mallozzi Shipper Commune Rehab where shippers go to get their mojo back. Mr. Mallozzi was the founder of the Shipper Commune, and Shipper Town is immensely grateful for his contributions to our beloved town. Since both Tame and GoneShippin’ are part of the staff, the head administrator Aunt Sally has given each an entire floor to remodel in order to accommodate the noise restrictions. Of course, Tame is permanently scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the "Jack" room.
    • Who could forget the "Blind Faith" roller coaster and "Here We Go Again" Ferris wheel at the Amusement Park. For all those shippers who enjoy getting wet, there is the "Wet & Wild" water slide.
    • The Shipper Sipper Bar is where mad_gater brews and serves his concoctions. Mad_gater also cooks a mean BBQ. The secret is in the sauce. Beware the Shipper hooch as it tends to dissolve metal!
    • The Shipper Marina is where the Shipper Ship resides along with many houseboats for Shipper Town residents.
    • For the tourists, Sam and Jack’s floating house is a sight to behold. The house is a wedding present from the Asgard. It uses anti-gravitational generators to have the house "float" over Shipper Lake. There is an outdoor area for the dogs to do their business. The security systems that Thor installed include: an eye scanner for the front door, hand print scanning for the rest of the doors, and a system wherein when the intruder alert is activated, the intruder will be beamed to the nearest brig in Shipper Town. Mad_gater ensures that all security systems are operational and there is no unwanted paparazzi. However, Sam and Jack’s cozy cottage is available for those quite moments alone. It is already constructed and awaiting their arrival. The heart shaped bed was the last bit to arrive.
    • Just down from the Shipper Marina is the PlayShipper Mansion. Shippers are encouraged to partake of the many Shipper activities Tame has planned or just enjoy a Jackowacko cocktail by the pool. The Sandy Ship Beach is adjacent to PlayShipper Mansion; and on most days, Kiwigater can be found lazing under an umbrella enjoying a cold beverage of choice.
    • The Conservatory encourages Shippers to embrace their creativity. Home to fanfic authors, poets, song writers, and graphic artists.
    • The City Hall is where Ship Nana holds the title of "Mayor of Shipper Town", and where Sam and Jack will eventually apply for their marriage license.
    • Across from City Hall is the Shipper Town Post Office. The post office is responsible for all love letters, notes and packages. A secondary function of the post office is to handle all wedding presents and cards for Sam and Jack.
    • At the center of Shipper Town Square is an exquisite bronze sculpture dedicated to the founder of the GateWorld Shipper Family, the benevolent Shipperhoy affectionately known as Ship Mum.
    • The Shipper Radio Station "69.9 SJLUV" is where Kri and Token play all the Sam and Jack favorites like "I'll Wait for You Forever" and "When's This War Gonna End".
    • Ship Sistah runs the local smiley and gift shop. I hear the T-shirt and mugs are a popular item.
    • Mala owns Mala’s Photo Madness, the Shipper photography studio. She scrubs and cleans all our thunkable pictures, creates the best potato head designs, and is the official photographer of Sam and Jack's wedding.
    • The Shipper Dump is where all the bad spoilers, interviews and PTB fertilizer end up making quite a good compost.
    • The Shipper Zoo. LtLisa takes care of the animals especially the most popular exhibit, the monkeys whose favorite treat is Ship Nana’s yellow cookies.
    • Shipper Kinks is the local chiropractic office. The cases of whiplash and tension headaches are on the rise.
    • The Sam and Jack Wedding Chapel and Reception Hall is always open and prepared. At a moments notice, the Chapel bells will ring; and all shippers will be called to their Sam and Jack wedding stations. Flowers, cakes, decorations, catering, photography....everything will be in order for Sam and Jack's special day.
    • The favorite nite spot in Shipper Town is the "Groovy Gutter". (Although, I have seen a few residents slipping in during the day.) The Groovy Gutter’s furniture is padded with Italian leather so no one is injured during the perpetual thunking. It is also equipped with private rooms for private fantasies and cool down rooms for the overheated. Luxurious Egyptian towels are available for drool spillage, and emergency personnel are prepared for any over excitement.
    • Located at the end of Main Street is the Janet Frasier Memorial Hospital. All the doctors and nurses are experts at treating broken and lonely hearts, cupid arrow injuries, and the occasional thunking mishap. A few cases of cookie and beverage over indulgences have been reported. Nonetheless, the highly-trained staff is ready for any emergency with a state-of-the-art Automatic External Defibrillator and Ship Nana's Pale Green Shipper Cookies.
    • The Shipper Town Library has an archive of all Sam and Jack fanfic and houses an extensive DVD collection. Sugarshaker, the head librarian, is eager to assist each shipper find just the right S/J story or episode to fit the shipper’s mood. Computers are available to access the best online forum in Stargate fandom, GateWorld’s Sam and Jack Shipper Thread.
    • The little Shipletts of Shipper Town are not forgotten. Critter manages the daycare. An extensive regime is followed so that each little shipper receives careful instruction on the ways of a true Shipper. What would a education be without the Shipper Academy for Higher Shipping. JSDT is Headmistress. Mad_gater is the Dean of Math; LtLisa is Head of Biological Sciences; and aeromathlete teaches Astrophysics. Some members of the Conservatory Meimei, SueKay, and Getcarter teach language arts. Marimba excels at handling any snarkiness from our up-and-coming Shippers.
    • SG1 Happy is the local optician at the Rosy Optical Shop. Each shipper is encouraged to receive an annual exam to ensure that "ship" is clearly in focus.
    • Sam_o_Neill oversees the Shipper Telescope Tower. Most nights shippers enjoy seeing the evening stars and hearing Sam_o_Neill’s presentations of Sam and Jack’s Stargate travels. Sam and Jack have a special spot on the tower so Jack can teach Sam the constellations and where Sam can baffle Jack with the science of what materials stars are made and how wormholes are formed.
    Token, the Town Directory and Map are nothing less than sheer genius!! You and Mala deserve major kudos..thank goodness you two are on the side of right (Sam and Jack Shippiness), otherwise I shudder to think what could come of your talents if employed in the bad (antiship) direction. I have GOT to stop lurking on antiship thread
    Feel the love (((((((Token and Mala)))))))

Di

Comment

I know this is really long, but we have a really big town. I've made a few updates and would like everyone to look over it. Tasha is going to put it in the book she is creating, and I want to make sure it is as good as we can make it. That includes content and grammar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shipper Town" created by Token

• The first stop in Shipper Town "Home of the Replishippers" is the R(ed) C(ookie) Shipper Town Information Center. Each new shipper receives a beginner's supply of shipper cookies along with a cookie list and instructions, a map of Shipper Town, and a choice of either a Sam, Jack, Daniel or Teal’c clone with a manual if needed. Jonas and Siler clones available upon special request.
      • We have the Bakery where Ship Nana does her magic. Shipper cookies are a fundamental staple of any shipper’s meal. They can also be used as meal replacements when consumed with caffeinated beverages.
      • The Cineplex is where Caty and Marimba show their videos 24/7. Tissue boxes are conveniently located on each chair. "Master of the House" and "I will survive" are hot requests until "My Confession" is a reality.
      • The Shipper Park is also known as the "Happy Place". At the center of the park is a gorgeous wishing pond complete with a magnificent Waterfall. One of the favorite spots is the Prayer Garden. Shippers come to the Prayer Garden to meditate, pray and use the convenient writing paper to send TPTB constructive and positive letters on the obviously perfect future of Sam and Jack.
      • The Joe Mallozzi Shipper Commune Rehab where shippers go to get their "mojo" back. Mr. Mallozzi was the founder of the Shipper Commune, and Shipper Town is immensely grateful for his contributions to our beloved town. Since both Tame and GoneShippin’ are part of the staff, the head administrator Aunt Sally has given each an entire floor to remodel in order to accommodate the noise restrictions. Of course, Tame is permanently scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the "Jack" room.
      • Who could forget the "Blind Faith" roller coaster and "Here We Go Again" Ferris wheel at the Amusement Park? For all those shippers who enjoy getting wet, there is the "Wet & Wild" water slide.
      • The Shipper Sipper Bar is where mad_gater brews and serves his concoctions. Mad_gater also cooks a mean BBQ. The secret is in the sauce. Beware the Shipper hooch, as it tends to dissolve metal!
      • The Shipper Marina is where the Shipper Ship resides along with many houseboats for Shipper Town residents.
      • For the tourists, Sam and Jack’s floating house is a sight to behold. The house is a wedding present from the Asgard. It uses anti-gravitational generators to have the house "float" over Shipper Lake. There is an outdoor area for the dogs to do their business. The security systems that Thor installed include: an eye scanner for the front door, hand print scanning for the rest of the doors, and a system wherein when the intruder alert is activated, the intruder will be beamed to the nearest brig in Shipper Town. Mad_gater ensures that all security systems are operational and there are no unwanted paparazzi. However, Sam and Jack’s cozy cottage is available for those quite moments alone. It is already constructed and awaiting their arrival. The heart shaped bed was the last bit to arrive.
      • Just down from the Shipper Marina is the PlayShipper Mansion. Shippers are encouraged to partake of the many Shipper activities Tame has planned or just enjoy a Jackowacko cocktail by the pool. The Sandy Ship Beach is adjacent to PlayShipper Mansion; and on most days, Kiwigater can be found lazing under an umbrella enjoying a cold beverage of choice.
      • The Conservatory encourages Shippers to embrace their creativity. Home to fanfic authors, poets, songwriters, and graphic artists.
      • The City Hall is where Ship Nana holds the title of "Mayor of Shipper Town", and where Sam and Jack will eventually apply for their marriage license.
      • Across from City Hall is the Shipper Town Post Office. The post office is responsible for all love letters, notes and packages. A secondary function of the post office is to handle all wedding presents and cards for Sam and Jack.
      • At the center of Shipper Town Square is an exquisite bronze sculpture dedicated to the founder of the GateWorld Shipper Family, the benevolent Shipperahoy, affectionately known as Ship Mum.
      • The Shipper Radio Station "69.9 SJLUV" is where Kri and Token play all the Sam and Jack favorites like "I'll Wait for You Forever" and "When's This War Gonna End".
      • Ship Sistah runs the local smiley and gift shop. I hear the T-shirts and mugs are popular items.
      • Mala owns Mala’s Photo Madness, the Shipper photography studio. She scrubs and cleans all our thunkable pictures, creates the best potato head designs, and is the official photographer of Sam and Jack's wedding.
      • The Shipper Dump is where all the bad spoilers, interviews and PTB fertilizer end up making quite a good compost. this line may not be good to send to JM , but it's perfect for our personal use
      • The Shipper Zoo. LtLisa takes care of the animals especially the most popular exhibit, the monkeys whose favorite treat is Ship Nana’s yellow cookies.
      • Shipper Kinks is the local chiropractic office. The cases of whiplash and tension headaches are on the rise.
      • The Sam and Jack Wedding Chapel and Reception Hall is always open and prepared. At a moments notice, the Chapel bells will ring; and all shippers will be called to their Sam and Jack wedding stations. Flowers, cakes, decorations, catering, photography....everything will be in order for Sam and Jack's special day.
      • The favorite night spot in Shipper Town is the "Groovy Gutter". (Although, I have seen a few residents slipping in during the day.) The Groovy Gutter’s furniture is padded with Italian leather so no one is injured during the perpetual thunking. It is also equipped with private rooms for private fantasies and cool down rooms for the overheated. Luxurious Egyptian towels are available for drool spillage, and emergency personnel are prepared for any over excitement.
      • Located at the end of Main Street is the Janet Frasier Memorial Hospital. All the doctors and nurses are experts at treating broken and lonely hearts, cupid arrow injuries, and the occasional thunking mishap. A few cases of cookie and beverage over indulgences have been reported. Nonetheless, the highly trained staff is ready for any emergency with a state-of-the-art Automatic External Defibrillator and Ship Nana's Pale Green Shipper Cookies.
      • The Shipper Town Library has an archive of all Sam and Jack fanfic and houses an extensive DVD collection. Sugarshaker, the head librarian, is eager to assist each shipper find just the right S/J story or episode to fit the shipper’s mood. Computers are available to access the best online forum in Stargate fandom, GateWorld’s Sam and Jack Shipper Thread.
      • The little Shiplets of Shipper Town are not forgotten. Critter manages the daycare. An extensive regime is followed so that each little shipper receives careful instruction on the ways of a true Shipper. What would an education be without the Shipper Academy for Higher Shipping? JSDT is Headmistress. Mad_gater is the Dean of Math; LtLisa is Head of Biological Sciences; and aeromathlete teaches Astrophysics. Some members of the Conservatory, Meimei, SueKay, and Getcarter teach language arts. Marimba excels at handling any snarkiness from our up-and-coming Shippers.
      • SG1 Happy is the local optician at the Rosy Optical Shop. Each shipper is encouraged to receive an annual exam to ensure that "ship" is clearly in focus.
      • Sam_o_Neill oversees the Shipper Telescope Tower. Most nights, shippers enjoy seeing the evening stars and hearing Sam_o_Neill’s presentations of Sam and Jack’s Stargate travels. Sam and Jack have a special spot on the tower so Jack can teach Sam the constellations and where Sam can baffle Jack with the science of what materials stars are made and how wormholes are formed.
      I put it in Word and here are some things it spit out in terms of grammer and spelling.

Thanks for all your work on this!!!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

In honor of my 900th post and because I can't believe I talk that much, I made a little gif. It isn't very good quality because I couldn't store something that big, but you get the general idea. It is a little treat for those who haven't got their Season 7 DVDs.

Spoilers for Beyond the Gate: Richard Dean Anderson
        you are a goddess!!!

congrats on 900!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
          I put it in Word and here are some things it spit out in terms of grammer and spelling.

ship sistah
          Some of these look rather odd to have been caught by Word, but I can tell you that "highly trained" should be hyphenated. Highly-trained staff.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

It turns out that the value tee that was $9 only lets you have an image on the front of the tee. It's $5 more for the tees that will have an image on the front and back. I can upload images to as many types of tees as I want, so I'm going to choose a bunch and you guys can pick the one that you want. I'm so p!$$#d that they don't offer a black tee. Some of the images would have really looked cool on a dark background. The mug's base price is $15.

What do you all think of adding $3 to the price, so we can send stuff to Vancouver? Do we still want to do this?

ship sistah
            I'm all for it...even though they regularly get stuff from fans, these items might stand out.

I know we originally were thinking of the Cookies on the shirt, but I actually was thinking that Mala's ship town map and Token's directory would also be adorable..wonder how many shippers we could "out" while wearing THAT?!?! Anyway, I will probably print those out to an extra large Avery label and iron it on myself, just for fun...still want the cookie one, though, so sittin here with my checkbook open...

Di

you are the best for taking on this project(((((((ship sista)))))))

Comment

What can I tell you? Word said "highly trained" didn't need to be hyphenated. But we can keep it if we want.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                Hey,you were there in spirit because we talked about you!!
                We said it was too bad that you couldn't come.

We should have our very own "ship con" perhaps in Orlando!!
                Anyone wanna come to Orlando?? (hint: it's nice in the winter here in FL!!)

waterfall

(((waterfall)))

I found it quite ironic that the first con in Florida (ie: that I could possibly go to) was there when i couldn't go :~(

But I'm glad I was there in spirit thanks to my shipper family!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                  I'm all for it...even though they regularly get stuff from fans, these items might stand out.

I know we originally were thinking of the Cookies on the shirt, but I actually was thinking that Mala's ship town map and Token's directory would also be adorable..wonder how many shippers we could "out" while wearing THAT?!?! Anyway, I will probably print those out to an extra large Avery label and iron it on myself, just for fun...still want the cookie one, though, so sittin here with my checkbook open...

Di

you are the best for taking on this project(((((((ship sista)))))))
                  I was thinking about that too, but allowing the map and history on a tee is up to Mala and Token. If they give permission, I'll do it.

ship sistah

Comment

Token, I love the town and the history...one little addition: Kiwigater can teach chemistry!

and I want a Daniel clone!!!!!!!!! can I have a Jack clone too? And a Jonas one? ;~)

whats up with Gateworld tonight? its being wierd...I can't use smilies or quick response...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                    ~Imzadi
                    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

ship sistah
                      Thank you!!!! I have made the changes! How's this for a toned down version?

The Shipper Dump is where all the bad spoilers, contradicting interviews, and PTB "Pete" fertilizer end up making quite a good compost.

Token ~

Comment

However, Sam and Jack’s cozy cottage is available for those quite moments alone. It is already constructed and awaiting their arrival. The heart shaped bed was the last bit to arrive.
                        Hey sweetie, reread this (cause it's so FUN) and I think you meant 'quiet moments alone', not 'quite'..although I'm sure those moments will be quite exciting!! wandering off to go read some fanfic

Di

Comment

What can I tell you? Word said "highly trained" didn't need to be hyphenated. But we can keep it if we want.

ship sistah
                          maybe it's hyphenated when it is an adjective.

Token is highly trained. She has a highly-trained staff.

?

ship sistah

Comment

In honor of my 900th post and because I can't believe I talk that much, I made a little gif. It isn't very good quality because I couldn't store something that big, but you get the general idea. It is a little treat for those who haven't got their Season 7 DVDs.

Spoilers for Beyond the Gate: Richard Dean Anderson

OMG, this was wonderful!!! only watched it 30 times, didn't really count...did ya notice how his left arm comes up to her right shoulder/face...missed that on the actual viewing, but that was a closeup shot, so not really surprising..happy shipper sigh.....

Di

and congrats on 900!!

going to bed now!!
                            Last edited by GoneShippin'; 01 August 2004, 07:47 PM. Reason: congrats, good nites, usual ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                              Token, I love the town and the history...one little addition: Kiwigater can teach chemistry!
                              Does she know you're signing her up? *quickly adds Kiwigater to the teaching staff before she realizes the low pay and hard work*

and I want a Daniel clone!!!!!!!!! can I have a Jack clone too? And a Jonas one? ;~)
                              What no Siler?? Well, if you're gonna get greedy, we might have to start charging.
                              whats up with Gateworld tonight? its being wierd...I can't use smilies or quick response...
                              No problem here. Is that why it seems quite?

Token ~

Comment

Thank you!!!! I have made the changes! How's this for a toned down version?

The Shipper Dump is where all the bad spoilers, contradicting interviews, and PTB "Pete" fertilizer end up making quite a good compost.

I don't know, it still seems kind of snarky (which I like). I think we should keep the dump to ourselves. Or send JM a concise version that says that's where we put the bad spoilers.

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X