This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    I'm glad I didn't stay with ST after TNG. I could never connect with any of the DS9, Voyager, or even Enterprise characters or plots, but I did love TNG. Picard was my fave! And they ruined the that ship.

But, alas, Jack and Sam's ship will happen!!!
    I wish I'd done the same!!

Ah well. At least Voyagergave me an appreciation for Sci fi. If I hadn't, I'd never have started to watch SG1, or discovered Shipperdom!!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper
      I can't believe it! I finally read all of a thread!!! WooHoo...Sally are you proud of me??
      Congratulations!!! We slowed down just for you! Hope you stay with us.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        (((((((((((((Di))))))))))))) Glad you're back! Take a load off and have fun with us when you can.

Tasha, LOVE your sig!

ship sistah
        Thank you!

When I read yours, it made me giggle. Go, Teal'c, go!!!
        Tasha
        JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
          Hmmmm, to hyphenate or not? Now that IS a good question. I think they have several options...

Jack O'Neill and Sam Carter (she could keep her name)
          Jack O'Neill and Sam Carter-O'Neill (hyphenated)
          Jack and Sam O'Neill (she takes his name)

or with given names (as on the wedding announcements...or birth announcements for their first child )--

Jonathon O'Neill and Samantha Carter
          Jonathon O'Neill and Samantha Carter-O'Neill
          Jonathon and Samantha O'Neill

Well, call me old-fashioned by I like it when she takes his name. Of course, with Sam you never know. Depends on how badly she wants to keep Carter...

Just a thought, what do you guys think, now that we've explored the possibilities...
          My two cents on the name thing...I'm pretty old fashioned myself (in some ways at least), but the last name thing may be an issue for me. I'm going into a career in research, so if I get married after I'm established (ie: published a bit) then for career reasons I weon't change my last name. I would probably hyphenate it though and the kids would have hubs's last name. IE: Sam Cater-O'Neill, kids just Grace O'Neill, etc. otherwise I'd just take my husbands name and that'd be it...it was never a question for me until the career thing came up.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper
            I can't believe it! I finally read all of a thread!!! WooHoo...Sally are you proud of me??
            hey i haven't seen you post in a shipper thread since we moved to the new forum.
            are you gonna stay with us now? pretty please?

Comment

in the event of a season 9, i think if RDA isn't doing it, then i want sam to dump pete and get together with o'neill at the end of this one. that way they can have a relationship off screen and that'll be funtabulous.

if RDA is doing season 9, then i want sam to dump pete and they can do what they like as long as its good and doesn't kill the ship. and as long as they don't give sam another creepy boyfriend. i'd like them to at least keep the subtle ship with s/j.

i like ship.
              and Tame?
              i like your new sig pic. yours too sally.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                I know this is OT, but:

WHADDYA THINK????

waterfall
                First off, con reports and pictures are never OT! Family members must share or reap the wrath of our whine for days!!!

Secondly, AWESOME!!! Very happy for you!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  Spoiler Space Abyss

I bolded a statement in your quote because one statement that Jack makes to Daniel in Abyss is often overlooked. Ba'al keeps asking Jack why Kalan came back and Jack keeps saying he doesn't know.
                  Then in the cell he tells Daniel that he has gotten to the point where he is going to spill the beans (so to speak) The ONLY REASON Kalan came back was because he LOVED HER. So when Kalan blended with Jack, what was the first thing Kalen encountered in Jack's mind?? Jack was doing the Blending ONLY because Sam had asked him to and he LOVED HER and he would DO ANYTHING for her. This is why I think so many people miss the shippiness of Abyss, because they forget about that part of it.
                  yeah, VERY shippy...hadn't fully thought that through...

can we add a statement to the begining of our thread to say that OT convos about RL amongst the family is ok and officially on topic? Cause they're good too...and we ARE family and should discuss these things <g>

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi

Comment

Congratulations!!! We slowed down just for you! Hope you stay with us.

ship sistah
                    I am going to trying to stay up with y'all!
                    Today I am being lazy (I am supposed to be cleaning house) and taking the time to read all the long threads I have been meaning to read.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      hey i haven't seen you post in a shipper thread since we moved to the new forum.
                      are you gonna stay with us now? pretty please?
                      Now that I have caught up in the reading I am going to be around more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Paramount's just a big money making machine. I love Voyager, but I hate the guys in charge there. We talk about the SG1 PTB ignoring the fan's wishes, but they ain't anyway near as bad as B&B (Berman and Braga).
                        Don't get me started. Star Trek needs to clean house and get some fresh blood (to mix metaphors) in there.

My first pairing I shipped for was Janeway/Chakotay. Anyone who knows the show knows how that particular ship arc ended (Chakotay +Seven = Endshame). TPTB for SG1 will come through for us, if they have any sense!!!
                        I feel for you-- that was ridiculous. I wasn't hugely invested, but I did hope they would end up together. I got whiplash with the whole Seven thing. That came out of nowhere-- well, maybe someone's @$$.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                          Sadly, your dancing banana reminds me of Jonas's obsession with bananas! As for Halloween, I wore my Sam Carter costume last year.

I can't repeat it, so this year I think we are going with a Disney theme since we also went to DW.
                          I want to be a Goa'uld this year! Either Osiris or that new one...me and one of my gater friends are gonna do it! Anyone know where I can get a hand device thats not really expensive?

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                            Happy Shipper Day!

(((Joe))) thanks for stopping in! Have a shipper cookie!

~Imzadi

Comment

Don't get me started. Star Trek needs to clean house and get some fresh blood (to mix metaphors) in there.

I feel for you-- that was ridiculous. I wasn't hugely invested, but I did hope they would end up together. I got whiplash with the whole Seven thing. That came out of nowhere-- well, maybe someone's @$$.

ship sistah
                              Speaking of Seven, Garret Wang who played Harry Kim was also at the con yesterday. He said he felt gipped by the Seven thing too. His character had "moments" with her then out of nowhere, she ends up with Chakote!!

I like cons because you get the actor's views on the roles they play.

To be on-topic, I am watching Lethal Weapon 3 right now (bear with me!)
                              and I just watched the infamous "show me your scars scene " and all I could think while watching it was "gawd, we really need a scene like this with Sam and Jack!"

Edited to say: Sacme!! I LOVE your sig!!!
                              Even though CJ just laughed when I asked him about T being a shipper, I think by other things he said at the con that CJ himself beneath that goofy exterior lies a romantic!

waterfall
                              Last edited by waterfall; 01 August 2004, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                I'm glad I didn't stay with ST after TNG. I could never connect with any of the DS9, Voyager, or even Enterprise characters or plots, but I did love TNG. Picard was my fave! And they ruined the that ship.

But, alas, Jack and Sam's ship will happen!!!
                                Picard/Beverly and Riker/Troi! Oh, the bile. Need a cookie quick... and more women writing sci-fi!

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X