This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    I've watched SG-1 with my dad. He likes the show but he always has a question and it's very difficult to answer his questions as he didn't watch from the very beginning.
    I watch with my husband all the time and he is constantly asking ?'s...but I do too....or talking to the dogs....I just have one word that solves all problems:

TIVO.

S

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      A newspaper is needed! The Carter/O'Neill engagement and wedding stories and photos should be in a newspaper!
      Here's a headline for you: Floating shipper cottage repels NID attack!!!!

Earlier this morning at around 6:00 AM, the proximity alarm in the floating Shipper Cottage where Sam and Jack live went off, alerting Sam and Jack that a fleet of aircraft were approching. These aircraft were ordinary Apache attack choppers stolen by the NID in a blatant attempt to rid themselves of Sam and Jack once and for all. But the NID did not know about the Asgard shields protecting the cottage. Needless to say, they got a big surprise when they exhausted their ordnance and there was not one scratch on Sam and Jack's cottage. When faced with the hellfire missile platforms located on all sides of their house, plus the Asgard weapons platforms protecting their house, plus the fact that they were out of firepower, the NID retreated. Says Jack, "They will be back with more powerful aircraft, but we will be ready and the attacking NID forces will eat hellfire missiles." Sam said "Ditto."

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        I know this is off-topic, but I just felt the need to post this great quote from this morning's Austin American Statesman--

On the toughest stretch of road, during the toughest stage of what is arguably the toughest sporting event in the world, Lance Armstrong put the hammer down and roared toward the top of L'Alpe d'Huez. It was a move of such breathtaking power that most of his rivals would have had trouble matching it while driving a car, let alone pedaling a bike.
        It was also the stuff of legend.
        It was Muhammad Ali floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee; Tiger Woods devouring Augusta National with his "A" game; Michael Jordan eyeballs-level-with-the-rim at his gravity defying best; Jim brown hauling a scrum of would-be tacklers into the end zone; Babe Ruth calling his shot.--Jim Litke, AP

It sort of reminded me of the perseverence we will need to survive the roller coaster ride. So--

((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad we all have each other to get through this (and all that pesky RL stuff too)

GO LANCE GO!!! SIX IN A ROW!!!!
        That was such a good article (it's on the front page here in San Antonio). My husband is a biker, and I get to hear all about the Tour de France whether I want to or not.

Of course, since Lance is a Texan one can expect this part of the country to get all bubbly over his win, even if most folks here don't know that bike racing is actually a genuine sport.
        Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received. - Lorien

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Lol. That scene was lovely. I'll need to watch that ep again soon.
          I've got a list of eps that I really need to watch again soon..the only problem is a never get the chance to!! I've really got to get the DVD player put into my bedroom so I can watch an ep every night like I used to......

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
            I really like that idea - if they do another clip show this year, that should be it! I mean, they could work in memeories of Daniel & Teal'c too, but with the main focus being Sam & Jack.
            I like this idea...especially if we have to have a clip show in the last season, with only 20 episodes...

in the spirit of the Simpsons: No ship and no HWMS make LtLisa GO CRAZY!!!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
              Phew is right. Very impressive. I even understand and agree with your shipper math. Maybe you can be a math teacher at the school in Shipper Town
              I'm up for that!! Just so long as someone else handles the math theory. Like I said, I don't like math proofs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                LOL! Great idea! Shipper Town News, The Daily Ship, The Shipper Times....
                It would be great to have a newpaper with all the latest shippy news from the New episodes!
                Or maybe The Shipping News. Only it would be a lot more interesting than the newspaper in the movie of the same name!
                Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received. - Lorien

Comment

I've got a list of eps that I really need to watch again soon..the only problem is a never get the chance to!! I've really got to get the DVD player put into my bedroom so I can watch an ep every night like I used to......
                  hubs and i rewatch two episodes a night by laying in bed. it's also nice to fall asleep with the last thing in my head being RDA/JACK.

Comment

Is there a nice,dark peacful spot with a telescope anywhere in Shipper town???
                    I love astronomy and we can't have a town without a telescope and nice dark skies for me to continue my search for abydos

And of course if Jack and Sam ever visit Shipper Town they need a place to go where Jack can teach Sam the constellations and where she can baffle him with science about what stars are made of and how they work
                    I don't think they'd get very far in that department cuz in that kind of setting they may decide to give in to the err......animalistic desires that looking at the stars creates. In other words, they wouldn't be looking at the night sky for very long because the romantic feelings that the night sky will instill in them will cause them to do things I cannot repeat in ths PG thread.

Comment

I'm up for that!! Just so long as someone else handles the math theory. Like I said, I don't like math proofs.
                      I'd like to be the Shipper Town Beach Bum!
                      It's an important role..... lolling around the beach/pool, "testing" MG's drinks to make sure they're safe for mere mortals, handing out sunscreen and eyeglasses (in case of inadvertant exposure... ), checking the water temp a couple of times a day....
                      *land locked kiwigater drifts off into beach fantasy... *

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.siler
                        hubs and i rewatch two episodes a night by laying in bed. it's also nice to fall asleep with the last thing in my head being RDA/JACK.
                        I only own 10 eps, but I'm getting season two soon! (and mishy owns everything except from s7, so I can borrow from her! (if she's forgiven me for calling her aunty pepper (don't ask)))
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Third Floor Relic
                          Or maybe The Shipping News. Only it would be a lot more interesting than the newspaper in the movie of the same name!
                          LOL The Shipping News sounds fine to me.....maybe we should all have a vote or something.
                          Let people put their ideas in then see which one is the most popular.....

OT Question: I've just remembered that there is only going to be 20 episode this season but what if Sci-Fi approves another season of Stargate and we get a season 9?? Will they leave it as 20 and just add on Season 9 or will they extend it to 22?? I can't believe this could actually be the last ever season of Stargate

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I don't think they'd get very far in that department cuz in that kind of setting they may decide to give in to the err......animalistic desires that looking at the stars creates. In other words, they wouldn't be looking at the night sky for very long because the romantic feelings that the night sky will instill in them will cause them to do things I cannot repeat in ths PG thread.
                            Well, in that case, we DEFINITELY need one!!

Comment

Here's a question.. When did this shipment start? from season 1-3 there was not that much shipping going on (solitudes of course). so?

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                                I watch with my husband all the time and he is constantly asking ?'s...but I do too....or talking to the dogs....I just have one word that solves all problems:

TIVO.

S
                                The hardest thing is trying to explain all of the alien races to him since he didn't watch from the very beginning. He'd understand a lot better if he starts at the very beginning, with the pilot movie that started the series. I esp. have problems trying to explain the differences between the Tok'ra and the Goa'uld and the Jaffa.

Comment

Working...
                                X