This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getcarter
    There's a sequel to the sequel that we haven't read? Oh boy....... Can't wait!
    Yeah, boy that gets confusing...

The Things We Demand From Love is the first and posted.
    The Things We Ask From Love is the sequel that Tame is working on.
    The Things We Do For Love is the next that I am working on.

Gotta have ship!!

Comment

Definitely gotta have ship!! Can't wait to read the sequels. Well, I'm gonna go finish this one story I've been reading and head off to bed.

It's been great chatting with you, Meime. Hope you find your focus on your other story. *Go to your happy place - or better yet, you should see mine! hee....*

Comment

Hi Again,

Thank you ALL for all your kind welcomes and hugs and smiley face advices.
        I am really glad I was able to bring some relief regarding our concerns with Amanda as well sharing her desire for a "fishing" episode!
        Shippers certainly deserve a little good news when we can get it.

Ship Nana said I had some red cookie crumbs on my nose. That explains all the sneezing! Oh Oh! Went to the doc yesterday and had to list any medication I was taking. I forgot to list the red pills. NUTS!

Between the cookies, pizza & beer, I think I'm in trouble.

I'll try to check in when I can, but I am having trouble just keeping up reading the posts here & on the Sam&Jack list. Don't know if I'll ever get any sleep, but I'll try.

Oh by the way, I think if you set up an apartment building for shippers, there should be some kind of nice green grounds surrounding the building where we can just throw down a blanket, close our eyes, and dream all those nice shippy dreams. All concrete is not a good thing.

Just want to add that I did have a great time at the convention except for experiencing my first earthquake! The con ended on Sunday, and on Sunday nite, I was sitting in my bed in the hotel at around 1:35 a.m. with my cousin reading this thread on my pc. Suddenly the window (16th floor) rattled, and my cousin asked if I shook the bed. I said no and asked her the same question. My sister came in from the next room (yes it was a family affair) and said we'd had an earthquake. Apparently they had around a 6.2 quake on Vancouver Island which we felt in Vancouver. It was a bit unsettling to say the least. There are a couple of conclusions though that I came to from this happening. 1. God was stamping his foot because the con was over or
        2. GATECON & THIS THREAD ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye, Shippers!

Toni (who should have gone to sleep 4 hours ago!)

Comment

Oops, I guess I thought that you wanted to go back to where you were reading. I see you got the REAL answer to your question. Oh well![/QUOTE]

Thanks Ship Nana. Any information is very welcome. This is all new to me. I'm a REAL Newbie.
          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            With Narim, Martouf, and even Joe, we didn't have to see all our ship fantasies played out in front of our eyes like we did with Sam and PS... he's not just a threat, he shows us what we're missing and wanting badly.

*subliminal message - sam and jack will be together... sam and jack will be together... sam and jack will be together... sam and jack will be together... sam and jack will be together... *

Sally
            I think another, if not the main reason that has us all in a dither, besides the obvious Sam/Jack issue, is the way they threw him at us. Like we started watching the middle of a movie and missed the whole beginning.
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Spoiler lockdown
              ''
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '
              '

So ...It looks like last night episode was fab...Anubis is back

I'll watching it soon today and will tell you as well what I thought about it and will look for the Sam and Jack ship whatever it is : looks, touches and so one ....must be careful...don't want to miss a clip I could use for a video

Shame that we have to be extra concentrated to pick up the ship ... I'm getting slightly bored about that to be honest but I'll see when I see the episode ...other than that it seemed that it was a good team episode but I could do with the absence of Slash Jack Daniel in an episode..I don't really like it

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Generally, I don't read or watch "other" pairings (hence the denial of Chimera), but I didn't mind Orlin. I guess because, I never saw him as a threat - more along the lines of the little boy next door with the crush on her - and while he may have taken a few liberties that were stalker-ish, because he was alien and pretty innocent, he didn't realize what he was doing was wrong.

For me, it's all in the intent. Orlin didn't want to control her. He just wanted her to love him.

Wonder if Sam had to pay that credit card bill or if the Gov't came through. The more human he became, the less innocent his liberties were becoming, IMO.

Comment

It's becoming impossible for me to get on this forum in the evenings and then when I get here in the am, I'm waaay behind!

A belated welcome back to Marimba and a very big thank you to Kri for her insights as well and the very lovely pics.

Much progress on the shipper cookie t-shirt and mug, I see. I think that I like the shipper cookie diet saying best. I think that it is #7?

Shipper Town is growing ! Welcome to all of the delurkers and newbies.

Now about New Order:
                  I really enjoyed it. Loved all of the team moments. Loved the banter. Laughed alot. This is the Daniel I love. I find Diplomat Daniel a tad boring.
                  Jack was great. RDA might be playing him a little over the top in some spots, but when Jack needs to be serious, RDA plays it that way. I didn't really see any obvious ship, just great friendship and caring between the team. Loved Jack calling Sam on the matter when she jumped to attention when he entered the room and her subsequent slight embarrassment. Loved Sam's eye rolling and slight head tilt toward Jack when Daniel asked who shot him. Priceless. This is what I was hoping for in season 8. (+ the ship which I know will be coming. ) Even with RDA's reduced schedule, it will make the lack of Jack less glaring, if there are personal team moments like Lockdown had. Lockdown did seem to have a lot of RDA though. I'm sure we will be seeing him less in future episodes. Still, the team moments bring them all together not just physically but emotionally as well and those scenes override any of the predictability that the storylines may have. I hope the rest of the season plays out like Lockdown. It will be an enjoyable ride. Rollercoaster or not.

Added thought: I, too, miss Janet. A lot. Miss the warmth and concern mixed with the professionalism. New doc has a long way to go to fill those shoes.
                  Last edited by Elfinwood; 24 July 2004, 06:19 AM. Reason: added some stuff

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                    Definitely gotta have ship!! Can't wait to read the sequels. Well, I'm gonna go finish this one story I've been reading and head off to bed.

It's been great chatting with you, Meime. Hope you find your focus on your other story. *Go to your happy place - or better yet, you should see mine! hee....*
                    LOL! Shipper terms have invaded my RL. Had an especially bad week at work and every time I would get on a rant, I would say I have to get back to my "happy place". Almost asked for some Naquadah Enhanced Anti-ranting Cookies!!

The happy place comment engendered enough stares. I think the cookies comment might have brought in the men in white coats!

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                      It's becoming impossible for me to get on this forum in the evenings and then when I get here in the am, I'm waaay behind!

A belated welcome back to Marimba and a very big thank you to Kri for her insights as well and the very lovely pics.

Much progress on the shipper cookie t-shirt and mug, I see. I think that I like the shipper cookie diet saying best. I think that it is #7?

Shipper Town is growing ! Welcome to all of the delurkers and newbies.

Now about New Order:
                      I really enjoyed it. Loved all of the team moments. Loved the banter. Laughed alot. This is the Daniel I love. I find Diplomat Daniel a tad boring.
                      Jack was great. RDA might be playing him a little over the top in some spots, but when Jack needs to be serious, RDA plays it that way. I didn't really see any ship, just great friendship and caring between the team. Loved Jack calling Sam on the matter when she jumped to attention when he entered the room. Loved Sam's eye rolling toward Jack when Daniel asked who shot him. Priceless. This is what I was hoping for in season 8. (+ the ship which I know will be coming. ) Even with RDA's reduced schedule, it will make the lack of Jack less glaring, if there are personal team moments like Lockdown had. Lockdown did seem to have a lot of RDA though. I'm sure we will be seeing him less in future episodes. Still, the team moments bring them all together not just physically but emotionally as well and those scenes override any of the predictability that the storylines may have. I hope the rest of the season plays out like Lockdown. It will be an enjoyable ride. Rollercoaster or not.

Added thought: I, too, miss Janet. A lot. Miss the warmth and concern mixed with the professionalism. New doc has a long way to go to fill those shoes.
                      I really wish that they had not replaced Janet with another woman. I think it would be easier to accept if they had a male doc. I think I will always be comparing the new doc to Janet. Not fair to the character. And I will always compare Teryl to the new actress. Not fair to new actress either!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                        I really wish that they had not replaced Janet with another woman. I think it would be easier to accept if they had a male doc. I think I will always be comparing the new doc to Janet. Not fair to the character. And I will always compare Teryl to the new actress. Not fair to new actress either!

They must have a lot of remorse since they killed janet

..it was not necessary ....if she would not have been shot in the head ..then they could have found another sarcophage to put her in it ..to ressucitate her ...Why didn't they do just that ?!!!!!

I'm puzzled ...they may have thought it was the end of the series but I think caution is always a necessity.....and they could have had her died in heroe 2 but because it's a sci-fi show ...bring her back later ,like they did with Jack from lost city to new order ...

I don't think it's that hard to do that in a sci-fi show .....

Hopefully I'd love to see her in flashback or even coming back as a ghost to the team and say hello...would love terryl to have a chance to play again in Stargate ...

She could become their guardian angel and turn up from time to time ..why not!!! ...it's a good plotline ...much better than the plotline...and she could warn them about the danger to come .

Let's stay Sci-fi all the way...let's bring Janet back ..if not for real ......as a guardian angel at least ..They(TPTB) can do it . the x-files did it with Mulder's mum

Caty
                        Last edited by Catysg1; 24 July 2004, 06:37 AM.

Comment

From one of the quieter members of ShipperTown who mostly sits on her porch watching all the excitement:

I liked "Lockdown," loved the team scene--great interaction among the four. Loved when Jack told Sam "I'm only going to say this once. At ease!" and when he looked over at her after she supported him on a three person team. I saw that it was Sam who ran over to O'Neill at the end, but missed the thigh touch. So that's two for two on thigh touches? O'Neil to Carter in "New Order" and Carter to O'Neill in "Lockdown"?

The story was... okay. It did feel like I'd seen it before. Actually, in some ways it reminded me of the first season show, "Broca Divide" (NO! not for that!) because we had something taking over the personnel causing a, well, lockdown. Jack was pretty much doing what Hammond did.

[And it made "Atlantis" just a bit repetitive to be telling the same story in the next hour. Bad timing and planning. Right now "Atlantis" is too similar to "Stargate;" maybe it should be on a different night.]

And, of course, the Substitute Female Doctor was a let down especially remembering "Broca Divide." Teryl Rothery was a standout in that ep, but Alison Downs, was--just there. On the other hand If we can't have Janet, then I'm glad the replacement is being played flatter. For one thing, I'd expect the characters in the show to miss Ol' Doc Fraiser. Someone so unlike her would be easier to take than another vibrant personality. Actually, I wish TPTB had gone with a male doctor for CMO--ie someone COMPLETELY different from Janet.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                            Spoiler Space: Season 7 Heroes II:

You're right. Dr. Warner would have been my choice. TPTB most likely felt that they needed a female character though. Other than AT, there is no majorly recurring female character on Stargate. Shame on them.
                            Last edited by Elfinwood; 24 July 2004, 06:44 AM. Reason: Spoiler space

Comment

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

Thanks Ship -nana . I was really really needing them, unfortunatly I'm now several pounds heavier
                              On a serious note , is it still just me who can't get into this site or forums? It's been almost a week of trying constantly. God nows when It will let me in again, so besides a huge reserve of Chocolate Shipper Cookies that I'm taking with me can anyone sugest another shippy forum I can visit to make up for the loss? I'm tired of bumpping into anti-ship ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Spoiler lockdown
                                ''
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '
                                '

So ...It looks like last night episode was fab...Anubis is back

I'll watching it soon today and will tell you as well what I thought about it and will look for the Sam and Jack ship whatever it is : looks, touches and so one ....must be careful...don't want to miss a clip I could use for a video

Shame that we have to be extra concentrated to pick up the ship ... I'm getting slightly bored about that to be honest but I'll see when I see the episode ...other than that it seemed that it was a good team episode but I could do with the absence of Slash Jack Daniel in an episode..I don't really like it

Caty
                                Good ol' Anubis! Yep! I didn't believe he was dead either. It couldn't be that easy to kill an energy-based being.

Comment

Working...
                                X