This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilios
    I liked Orlin also, he was very calm and mysterious and you could tell that he cared for Sam!
    Generally, I don't read or watch "other" pairings (hence the denial of Chimera), but I didn't mind Orlin. I guess because, I never saw him as a threat - more along the lines of the little boy next door with the crush on her - and while he may have taken a few liberties that were stalker-ish, because he was alien and pretty innocent, he didn't realize what he was doing was wrong.

For me, it's all in the intent. Orlin didn't want to control her. He just wanted her to love him.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      That's ok! I'm willing to go with whatever the majority wants. I understand your reasoning behind nominating Tame. She is a very qaulified candidate and more experienced that me.
      Well, I know you'll do a good job as mayor of Shippertown.

And Thor says he will also install some security measures in their floating house. He says all the doors will be automatic. The front door will open upon retinal scanning and verification of either Jack's or Sam's identities. The rest of the doors in the house will open by either Sam's or Jack's handprints. When the intruder alarm is activated, an Asgard transporter will beam the intruder to the nearest brig in Shippertown. Yep. Sam and Jack will be living large in their Asgard technology enhanced home.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        Generally, I don't read or watch "other" pairings (hence the denial of Chimera), but I didn't mind Orlin. I guess because, I never saw him as a threat - more along the lines of the little boy next door with the crush on her - and while he may have taken a few liberties that were stalker-ish, because he was alien and pretty innocent, he didn't realize what he was doing was wrong.

For me, it's all in the intent. Orlin didn't want to control her. He just wanted her to love him.
        Very well said. He kinda creeped me out the first time I watched it but then after seeing it again I felt kinda sorry for him. He couldn't help himself.

What I can not understand for the life of me is why I have such an aversion to . I didn't have any problems with Narim or Joe, or even Martouf for that matter. Maybe it's because he is a real threat - oh...wait...I'm sorry, OBVIOUSLY HE'S NO THREAT TO O'NEILL. Sorry, just don't know what I was thinking. He just doesn't mesh with her the way jack does. Man, I'm sleepy and getting really mushy now.

Comment

Originally posted by raggedy11
          Newbie Shipper coming out of lurkdom to say hello and jump on board
          Hey shipper ! Are you going to the Stargate convention August 7th?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

*kiwigater stumbles in door and throws self at computer...*

Yaaay! I made it on tonight!!
            Dinner at best friends was lovely - have done "Aunty Sarah" duty -tickling, cajoling, scolding, cuddling, watching Beauty and the beast(above and beyond the call of duty I think!) with 2 kids, put children to bed, clean up, admire best friends new electronic toy, graciously let best friends husband torture me with bits of Steve Irwin Crocodile movie..... sneakily wait till best friend is snoozing on floor (well, 2 kids does wear you out ) and then pull a switch to Stargate!!!!
            S
            P
            O
            I
            L
            E
            R
            S
            (I really have no idea how many of those I'm supposed to include.... )
            Anway, I'm with the consensus here, (except for the posts where I have to confess I didn't mind Orlin either - mostly cos he was never a serious threat to Jack!). I MISS JANET!!! I'm not sure if we're supposed to like the new Doc, but I found her pretty...... blah!
            Quite enjoyed the Jack out of water stuff, Sam jumping up when he entered the room, Jack shooting Daniel (!!! ), all that good stuff.
            Only one shippy moment popped out at me, when Jack said Thank you to Sam.... must rewatch for more.....

BTW, WTF have they done to Dr Weir's hair on Atlantis???! Was it that curly last time??? Yes, I also figured McKay was the solution pretty quick, but I still enjoyed getting there....

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
              S
              P
              O
              I
              L
              E
              R
              S
              (I really have no idea how many of those I'm supposed to include.... )
              Anway, I'm with the consensus here, (except for the posts where I have to confess I didn't mind Orlin either - mostly cos he was never a serious threat to Jack!). I MISS JANET!!! I'm not sure if we're supposed to like the new Doc, but I found her pretty...... blah!

I think we all miss Janet, we've known her for so long that it just doesn't seem like anybody should replace her

Comment

Originally posted by raggedy11
                Thank you these cookies are great. Been lurking cause I nearly got my head chopped off on another forum... the name of which I will say. *LOL* so now I tread very carefully.
                Your home, sweets! Your safe and sound here.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  Spoiler Space Lockdown

I didn't think the new Doc made much of an impression in the personality department either. I miss Janet as well. Janet and Daniel's "ship" got cut rather short. I think something could've developed if they hadn't killed her off.
                  I felt that the dialogue sounded as if it was written for Janet, but was being delivered by a mannequin. I missed Janet every word of it.
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                    Very well said. He kinda creeped me out the first time I watched it but then after seeing it again I felt kinda sorry for him. He couldn't help himself.

What I can not understand for the life of me is why I have such an aversion to . I didn't have any problems with Narim or Joe, or even Martouf for that matter. Maybe it's because he is a real threat - oh...wait...I'm sorry, OBVIOUSLY HE'S NO THREAT TO O'NEILL. Sorry, just don't know what I was thinking. He just doesn't mesh with her the way jack does. Man, I'm sleepy and getting really mushy now.
                    ME EITHER!!! I mostly quite liked all the guys you mentioned.... What struck me was that in that ep about the Goa'uld hybrid girl I really liked the way Sam clicked with Barrett, I was yelling at the screen "If you have to pick someone, for gods sake PICK HIM!!"... and that was after the Pete fiasco! I know not everyone will agree (OK, understatement of the thread ), but I really felt Sam had better chemistry with Barrett than with Pete..... (OK, let's hear the dissents.... )
                    I'm a Sam-Jack shipper till the bitter(sweet?!) end, but if she HAS to have a relationship with someone else, I'd prefer it be essentially ANYONE else!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                      I felt that the dialogue sounded as if it was written for Janet, but was being delivered by a mannequin. I missed Janet every word of it.
                      YES! Very well put....
                      Funny that the biggest thing we think about this ep is how much we miss Janet...

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                        I missed the post that told me what day Ship Day is.....when is ship day?

S'Claire

P.S. Also, I'd like to create a sig...can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?
                        The section that gives you tips on how to do most things is called the Forum Play Zone which is in the Off-World Grouping on the Forum start page. Just scroll all the way down.

Ship Day is Wednesday!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          ME EITHER!!! I mostly quite liked all the guys you mentioned.... What struck me was that in that ep about the Goa'uld hybrid girl I really liked the way Sam clicked with Barrett, I was yelling at the screen "If you have to pick someone, for gods sake PICK HIM!!"... and that was after the Pete fiasco! I know not everyone will agree (OK, understatement of the thread ), but I really felt Sam had better chemistry with Barrett than with Pete..... (OK, let's hear the dissents.... )
                          I'm a Sam-Jack shipper till the bitter(sweet?!) end, but if she HAS to have a relationship with someone else, I'd prefer it be essentially ANYONE else!
                          Exactly! I did like Barrett too. I want her to be with Jack so badly but couldn't they have at least given her a MAN to be with in the meantime? But we all know the BEST MAN will win so why bother?

*sigh* I still miss Janet though....

Comment

Exactly! I did like Barrett too. I want her to be with Jack so badly but couldn't they have at least given her a MAN to be with in the meantime? But we all know the BEST MAN will win so why bother?

I liked Barret as well. I liked the fact that he was not a sleazebag like the rest of the NID agents they've come into contact with.

Comment

I forgot all about Barrett...b

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

<snip>

The one we do not name will NOT be making an appearance tonight. Thank you! But you never know when there will be a stu-Pit reference. So proper precautions must still be followed! Keep these items close-- they are essential to shipper health:

4. shipper helmet
                                in case you do this (or -- if we're lucky-- this , if we get some good ship )

6. shipper cookies!
                                remember the axiom: when stuPit makes you SAD (seasonal affective disorder) have cookies NEAR (Naquedah Enhanced Anti-Ranting)
                                Failure to use Pit deflective gear can result in serious injury. Learn from their mistake!

Have a great show everyone!!! See ya back here for the discussion afterwards.

ship sistah

God you're funny! And yes, PS was NOT mentioned tonight... I could pretend he didn't exist!

As for Lockdown...

Spoiler space for S8's Lockdown

It was alright. The only time I got excited, though, was when Sam was affected. (it was fun seeing Sam bad)

Some projectable ship moments: When Jack shot Sam/bad guy. When Sam was helping Jack up off the floor after being hurt (they almost touched hands!). Cute moment when Jack told Sam to be at ease. I like how Jack thanked Sam for suggesting the three-man team idea. Just little moments that we shippers love to play with, but nothing big.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 5.

Sally
                                Last edited by majorsal; 23 July 2004, 09:37 PM.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X