X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Tame, gave us an update last night. Post # 512

(((((((((((((((jafacakes)))))))))))))))
    Thanks TOKEN!!!!!!!! I was looking for that post cause Caty was asking if we had heard from Marimba and I was going to direct her to the update....

HEY CATY!!! Post 512
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      That would be cool! I know the Gutter Gals had someone organize a T-shirt. Anyone out there up for the job? The shipper cookie list would be GREAT! Along with a slogan like "Which cookie is for you?" or "A cookie, a beverage, and a rollercoaster. What more could a Shipper want?" *I already know the answer to that*
      They decided to scrub the T-Shirt idea due to *copyright* thingys...The actors have the *rights* to their own likeness and MGM/et al have the rights to whatever and so not to cause any problems they decided NOT to do the T-shirts for the Con (they didn't want anyone to think they were selling anything and have a problem or be kicked out)....however they still might do them *just* for personal wear so there is no issue.
      If you make it for TOTAL personal use there is no issue
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
        nope, sorry. U of Florida Gators. Just curious
        I'm a gator!!! I graduate next year...Go Gators!!!!

ummm...red gater though?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          You guys just want to make more work for me don't you? What have I ever done to you? It's because I cracked down on the Sam and Jack pics isn't it? It's payback time now isn't it? Poor overworked and underappreciated Ship Mum. Sigh.

If everyone has decided that they want to leave out the Holy Trinity of ship episodes (aka D&C, WoO, and BtS) then everyone who has voted for them needs to change their top 7 lists and I'll start from scratch. The nominations without the Trinity are as follows:

Broca Divide
          Paradise Lost
          Evolution 1 & 2
          100 Days
          Small Victories
          Nemesis
          Grace
          Out of Mind
          Solitudes
          Point of View
          Heroes Part 2
          In the Line of Duty
          Entity
          Losty City 1 & 2
          Metamorphosis
          Singularity
          Emancipation
          Desperate Measures

And if your top 7 includes something that is not on this list that's fine. Just throw it in there.
          AAWWWW ((((((((((Ship Mum))))))) You know we Luv and Appreciate you!!! that sounded sincere right...you thought so right??

Ok since one of mine is in the Holy Trinity (love that little moniker there)
          Evolution 1 & 2
          Entity
          Metamorphosis
          Losty City 1 & 2
          Grace
          Paradise Lost
          Desperate Measures

Seriously We really do appreciate you

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            Thanks TOKEN!!!!!!!! I was looking for that post cause Caty was asking if we had heard from Marimba and I was going to direct her to the update....

HEY CATY!!! Post 512
            Oh she has you in spirit too... like me!!

You Barbie girl and me ..well ...CD girl I suppose ...hahahaha The difference is ..me I won't come back ..I'll stay at Amanda's place for the rest of my life

Do you think she's gonna take you everywhere even in front of Amanda ???!!!..

Too bad RDA ...is not there ..he could have signed his name on your barbie boobs

Thank you for the update Tame ..She is staying a really long time over there.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
              Hey kiwigater! Same question for you....are you a red gator?
              *confused face* ummm, no??

nope, sorry. U of Florida Gators. Just curious
              ahhhh! Nope, I'm not one..... However, I do plan to go do some diving the Florida Keys in the next month or so (does that make me a submerged gator ??)

I might know of a couple people going to the Chicago con. They post at rdanderson.com, so if you have two seconds to pop over there, you can ask! I am excited for you!!!!
              Yaaay! I'm excited for me too *quakes with nerves* You mean go seek out another forum??? But, but,but this is my first one, and I'm only just comfy here! *stiffens backbone* I mean, they can't be all bad huh (not like that Token.... I wuuuuuuvvv you Token!!!

As for the t-shirts...... if we don't put any of the actors pictures on them, and stick to something like "GW Shipper Family" on the front, and the cookie list (with appropriate thanks to Ship Nana!) on the back, would we be infringing anyones copyright??? Possibly the Happy Place too?
              *shrugs* I have no real concept of how this sort of thing works!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

You Barbie girl and me ..well ...CD girl I suppose ...hahahaha The difference is ..me I won't come back ..I'll stay at Amanda's place for the rest of my life

Too bad RDA ...is not there ..he could have signed his name on your barbie boobs
                <snip>
                Caty

LOL! I'm not sure she'd ever recover.......

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater

ahhhh! Nope, I'm not one..... However, I do plan to go do some diving the Florida Keys in the next month or so (does that make me a submerged gator ??)

Yaaay! I'm excited for me too *quakes with nerves* You mean go seek out another forum??? But, but,but this is my first one, and I'm only just comfy here! *stiffens backbone* I mean, they can't be all bad huh (not like that Token.... I wuuuuuuvvv you Token!!!

As for the t-shirts...... if we don't put any of the actors pictures on them, and stick to something like "GW Shipper Family" on the front, and the cookie list (with appropriate thanks to Ship Nana!) on the back, would we be infringing anyones copyright??? Possibly the Happy Place too?
                  you should come through Gainesville! come through Friday night and watch Stargate with me! (I'm back for Affinity...great one to return on huh?). The Keys are awesome though...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi
                  describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                  Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Gosh darn it! There goes all that planning out the window OK, I'll give up the wig, but only if I can keep that dodgy bustier thing *kiwigater winces at the vision this produces* uh, on second thoughts maybe I'll just wear a sack
                    I think we need an official shipper family T-shirt, one that I can wear with pride at the con (and not get bailed up in some dark corner defending myself against the antishippers ). Are there any amongst us who excel at this sort of thing??? (a list of ship nana's cookies might be cool.....)
                    If Kel'dor and I were going with you to this con, this is what we would do to any anti-shippers that even THINK about hurting you:

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      you should come through Gainesville! come through Friday night and watch Stargate with me! (I'm back for Affinity...great one to return on huh?). The Keys are awesome though...
                      *kiwigater runs off to find map of Florida*
                      Ahhh, yes, Gainesville! (knew where it was all along, honest! ).
                      Sounds like a plan to me! OF course, so far I haven't done any real planning (haven't even decided if I'll drive or fly - 21 hrs each way vs price of plane ticket + rental car - hmmmmmm). A good friend of mine in grad school wants to go lie on a beach once she defends, and I want to go dive the Keys, so we figured we should go together.
                      eeek! I hadn't thought of the whole new eps thing. Well, I guess I can go a week or so without Stargate if I get to go laze about a beach and dive lots (I'm a beach bum , and here I am landlocked in the continental US du'oh!).

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        Thank you for the update Tame ..She is staying a really long time over there.
                        Caty
                        ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG Caty I never even would have thought to ask THAT!!!! but no as far as the *Picture and Autograph* time *My Stand In* will be peeking out of her handbag (ala Peeping Tame yet again LOL)
                        They have to pay for those pictures with the stars so while I would LOVE to have my *Stand In* be in a picture I don't want to ruin any of those for her.

She said she would tell them about *Me* though for the *laugh* factor. She is just having a GREAT time and I am already planning on saving up for next years Gate Con. Even if all goes haywire (with Star Gate) the Gate Con is run by fans and the proceeds go to Charities so it is a a lot of fun and for a good cause. I may not get to meet as many cool stars but I hope so and I will save up anyway

Comment

LOL....I have NEVER found a better forum than here....but I am BIAS!!!!

KG I really think that as long as you make your own T-shirt then you should be ok...it was the *mass* production thing and a *group* wearing them that made them nervous about being pin-pointed. They did not want to be questioned or accused (sp) of anything. I am sorry if I made you too nervous...I just didn't want you to think they had went ahead with the plan when they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            If Kel'dor and I were going with you to this con, this is what we would do to any anti-shippers that even THINK about hurting you:

why thank you mad_gator!
                            I don't think a beating will be necessary tho! I plan to turn them all into ardent shippers (didn't I mention hypnosis a while back....)
                            (and when I said "bailed up in a corner" I meant in the non-violent way. ie. them trying to argue me into being an anti-shipper....*shudder*)

I only wish I had Shadow's sneakiness and subversiveness....(the things she plots!! LOL ).

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                              Is Gainesville anywhere near Melbourne? Geography is not one of my strong points!!

Cuz was thinking about visiting relatives that live near Melbourne one of these days. It will probably wait until a while after I find a full-time job!!

Comment

LOL! I'm not sure she'd ever recover.......
                                If anyone is getting RDA's autograph for ME THERE it is GONNE BE ME
                                not no stinkin' Barbie

Comment

Working...
                                X