X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    I'm sorry, honey.

*nods*

I know. And interesting you'd bring that up because I've thought about this before. I LOVED Troi and Riker together, but when they introduced the Troi/Worf ship, I wasn't nearly as upset as I am with S/P. And I think the main reason is that we were able to like/love/know Work before he became a rival in our preferred ship. So when it came to taking Troi's affections away from Riker, I wasn't wanting to rip his head off. I already knew and loved Worf. Not the same with out-of-nowhere-unwanted-bf.

How long I'd waited for Troi and Riker to unite, and by the time they did it, I didn't really care. They had a post-wedding scene, a bed scene, loving and caring... and I was semi excited and happy. BECAUSE THEY'D WAITED TOO LONG. *blinks*

Oh, honey....

((((((((((((((((((((((((ship sistah))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't even fool myself anymore. I did for so long, taking even one word and hanging onto it like a life preserver. No longer. But I envy you, hon. And I'm sure I'll get my ship mojo back, but not for a while. The ring pic was the proverbial straw the broke the shippers back, so to speak.... but this too shall pass.

Sally, who cherishes her shipper family like you can't believe....
    oh man..everyone is so down today....(((((Big Huge Shipper family group hug)))) This family WILL stay together through out this insanity

the Riker/Troi thing...I'm shipped for them, but I didn't really watch the show much. A lot of times there'd be an episode (or a bunch) with NOTHING. So the movies didn't fall AS flat for me...I actually liked the First Contact bar scene...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Oh my god, I LOVED that book! That's the book that started my love affair with reading tv-based novels. My fave moment in the book was when Will was staring at this universe mural/painting, and when Troi called him and he turned to her... he still saw some of the mural, but he also saw Deanna... the mural was superimposed over Deanna's face... and she was the center of his universe.... wow, couldn't get any shippier than that...

DS9 was *way* better in book! One of the best books I'd read, besides Imzadi, was a DS9 novel called 'Fallen Heroes'. If you ever get the chance to read it, do it. *Very* powerful. Oh, and I've only seen the Next Gen movie once too. What a shame, eh?

... I love you guys SO much.

(((((((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))))))))))
      Sally

Imzadi is a GREAT book...I loved Troi's little monlogue about soul mates...thats exactly what I think (and now someones going to ask me what was said, which is incidently releveant to Sam and Jack IMO, and I can't remember, will try and find it after I catch up here).

If you guys really hated the end of the series that much, read Imzadi II...it deals with the Worf/Troi thing...not as good as Imzadi, but still good

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
        Just went and watched it. Much better than my imagination! Still feeling kinda stupid though....

Oh and I have to ask, in "My Confession" (yes, I'm on that AGAIN) there is a clip near the beginning where they are standing together and she's talking and he's smiling at her when she turns around and walks off. What is that from? It's driving me nuts. Obviously it's post season 4 because of the hair but I can't fiind it.

Well don't worry ..you are not the only one who feels stupid sometimes( although I don't think you are..I have so many vids ..it' problably difficult to see them all ....)..I did yestersday

Well ..glad you enjoyed it ..and check the others you haven't seen ...cuz I think there won't be many new S/J videos of mine for a while.

Caty

Comment

Elmindreda, you rant was right on...btw, I take it you like Wheel of Time? Loved New Spring! Now own half the books...

mad gater, let us know what happens with this girl :~)

where's my sigpic?

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Hey is anyone going to Wolf SG1 Scotland in November

It's in Glasgow, and it's only a one day thing, but it's only the second SG1 event in Scotland.
            I live near Glasgow SueKay. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Madeleine, everyone is welcome here. Grab a cookie, choose your beverage of choice..... and let's party!!
              agreed...you're welcome here...and we DID ask a question...

(((zabbugh))) keep in touch!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Well don't worry ..you are not the only one who feels stupid sometimes( although I don't think you are..I have so many vids ..it' problably difficult to see them all ....)..I did yestersday

Well ..glad you enjoyed it ..and check the others you haven't seen ...cuz I think there won't be many new S/J videos of mine for a while.

Caty
                Thanks....

Don't say that!!! I'm sure there will be PLENTY of new material for you to use. Don't give up!

Comment

//Oy! Kel'sha! You're brother has a dirty, dirty mind//

don't they all? <innocent smile>

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    I haven't checked the "My confession" video but according to what you described...it's "the light"..at the beginning ...when Jack made a bet with Daniel about Sam ....going off world or staying at the SGC. ..I think

Caty
                    Ok, I'm gonna go check it out then. Thanks! It was driving me INSANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      OOHH that is a good trilogy!! All of her woman are strong!! AND the men treat the woman with the upmost respect. YEP JUST like Sam & Jack

Good ness if A REAL woman writer got to be involved ALL THE TIME Sam would be so Kick A$$ it would be unbelievable!!!

I think even AT said in an interview once that the *guys* wrote Sam to hard and too much like a wimp so she finally told them to write her like the other guys and SHE would bring the *Woman* to her. LOL and THAT was back in the earlier seasons and AT did an EXCELLENT JOB!!!!

So I think what we are seeing now is what happens when the *Guy* writers *try* to write Sam as a woman.....well It is true ..You can't write what you DON'T KNOW

PTBs ...HURRY call Nora Roberts..call ANY WOMAN we can tell you!!!!!!
                      Robert Jordan is the only guy I know who can (that i can think of at least)...I mean, he's got me shipping for the main guy getting together with TWO girls...esh, how'd that happen? And theres a third, but I don't like her as much (with the guy at least)\

//I would have hoped that they'd wanted the show to go out with a bang, not a whimper.//

me too...Angel went out with a strangled choke and almost ruined the whole show AND Buffy (which it spun off from) for me...

~Imzadi

Comment

ok, I'm caught up

yay!

if someone can find me that Imzadi quote, I'll be soo grateful...its the one about soul mates, about meeting someone and feeling like you've known them forever and that you just fit and nothing can pull you apart unless you let go...I love that quote! (its a bit long...)

~Imzadi

Comment

So for the Shippy epidose poll I figure BtS, D&C, and WoO go without saying. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong so that's 3 for sure. Then nominated I've got

The Broca Divide
                          Paradise Lost
                          Evolution 1 & 2
                          100 Days
                          Small Victories
                          Nemesis
                          Grace
                          Out of Mind
                          Solitudes
                          Point of View

Let me know if I've forgotten anyone's pick. My personal addition to this list is

Entity

I want to wittle this down to no more than 7 episodes because I believe that that is the limit. So far we have (including D&C, BtS, and WoO) 14 nominations.

Do we need a poll for the poll?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I agree that Entity should be in the poll!!!! Absolutly LOVED that episode!!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                            MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

You know somethin'? I can actually think of some male characters who haven't fallen for Sam (surprising eh?):

There's Warrick (wonder how he and La'el are doing. some potential for shippage there I think! )

Major Paul Davis hasn't (that I know of anyway)

Kinsey hasn't (wouldn't want him too either! , must eat dark red shipper cookies before I start puking!)

Hammond hasn't (nice guy but waaaaay too old )

There's also Daniel and Teal'c

Can anybody think of any other male characters who haven't fallen for Sam?

Comment

Siler and Cheveron Guy haven't.

Comment

Working...
                                X