This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sacme, it may have been hell thread, but we had a PTB stop by <g>

mad gater...she was ENGAGED...doesn't that count as experience? It was a serious relationship...far more serious than any I've ever had (I am only 21 though...)

oh, ok...thanks Token..I thought you meant like shippy pic postcards or something...

Caty thanks for the info! thats awesome...really wish I could go to cons...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Thanks for the convention report, Caty. Sounds like the message about Pete wasn't real hard to interpret.

I'm really not worried in the long run. This too shall pass.

If they're really that determined to use the actor again, local law enforcement can always be included in the earth-based episodes. He doesn't have to be in a relationship with Sam to come back. I could actually be amused by having him return as a bitter ex who is involved in some kind of investigation. That dynamic could be all kinds of fun.
      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        If she keeps running up and kissing RDA when off set or during breaks she's gonna give the poor guy a heart attack! LOL! And send her husband into a jealous rage at the same time. Of course we don't really know who her husband is, do we? Maybe she's married to Rick, but still using her maiden last name to throw us! LOL!

No I've seen her husband ..he has black hair ...a moustache and a beard...it's not RDA ....but he looks tall too.

I like the comment about all the fans booiyng at the Pete mention ...and somebody shouted Jack ...and everybody clapped.....this makes me feel really happy.....Don't know 'bout Amanda though...Hummm .. .what do you think?!!!

caty

Comment

If she keeps running up and kissing RDA when off set or during breaks she's gonna give the poor guy a heart attack! LOL! And send her husband into a jealous rage at the same time. Of course we don't really know who her husband is, do we? Maybe she's married to Rick, but still using her maiden last name to throw us! LOL!
          Lol!

Her RL husband is just a regular guy. He was on the show like one time that I can think of, as an extra. The Changling, he was one of the firemen going down the firepole

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Here is a message from one of my friends about the convention in Burbank:

Quote:

"Okaye, here's a bit of the lowdown he he... from the convention in Burbank.
            Amanda was up on the stage answering questions and someone asked about the whole Pete thing. Now, of course, she does not know what the writers are planning, but when Petes name was mentioned everyone totally booed!!! LOL and someone then said Jack and everyone screamed and hollered and clapped, so believe me I think Amanda got the message LOL. Also, when I went up to get her autograph I had them all sign the same picture. It's the one where Amanda is holding hands with Rick and leaning her head on his shoulder, Michael is squatting down next to Amanda and Chris is standing next to Michael. Anyway, I told her I understood what she says about Pete, how its supposed to be giving Sam a look at what a relationship would be like and how she would deal with said "adult" relationship ect., but then I pointed to her and Rick in the picture and said It's been seven years and I can't give them up and she looked at me and said I know I know LOL. She also said again that she has no idea how they are going to end the show and I told her that I had written an ending if they wanted it and she said Oh really? LOL. I didn't get to tell her what it was, but again, I think she got the message loud and clear.....Pete bad...Jack good. LOL

This little girl also asked a question about whether her relationship was the same with Jack on and off the set (I think her parents set her up to ask it LOL) and Amanda said it's actually better off screen cause she can run up to Rick and hug and kiss him anytime she wants and no one can stop her LOL. Of course she threw in the fact that she is happily married in real life .

After the convention on Sunday when Michael, Christopher and Amanda left we got to have a screening of the Season Premiere because some of us in the audience hadn't gotten a chance to see it on Friday night. It was totally cool because we got to watch it on the big screen. Well when the scenes with Sam and the whole Pete on the farm thing came on I was cringing and moaning and I kept saying this is wrong!!! The girl next to me kept saying its okaye LOL. It got to the part where they went into the house for breakfast and it paused a bit where the commercial would have been and I just said really loud...Man that was a nightmare...and everyone in the audience just cracked up laughing. It was hysterical.

So anyway I just thought I'd let you guys know a little of what happened there. Amanda, Michael and Christopher were totally funny during their Q and A sessions. At one point during Michaels, Amanda and Chris wandered out on the stage and it just went out of control LOL.

Hey, did I mention I got to rub Christopher Judges newly covered head? The new hair is very soft!!! He says he uses Pert Shampoo. Hugged Amanda a couple of times and she flashed me her belly button ring, cause I asked LOL. Held hands with Michael Shanks, okaye, it was a handshake but it lasted longer than a normal one. Also, Peter Williams who played Apophis, man is that guy sexy!!! We had a bit of a moment when he walked by my chair and i looked up at him and he reached out and touched my arm so I did the same to him. I think he wants to marry me now bahhhaaa kidding!!!

I also told Carmen A. (Jacob) that I wanted to be Sam so he could be my Dad and he was like awwwwww LOL. He's so great and he went on and on about Amanda it was so adorable. Amanda says that they really do have a kind of father./daughter relationship in real life because they get together with their families and stuff away from the set. Someone mentioned to him that Sam is dating Pete on the show and he's like Pete who?~!! and starts acting all annoyed because he hasn't met him LOL. Then someone asked about Jack and he gets in Jacob mode and starts shaking his head no and said I don't trust him!!! Of course then he smiled right after that so he totally knows that we want Sam and Jack together."

She told me I could post that here ...so here you go Guys...this may make you a little happier ....She surely had a great time

Caty
            First: ((((((((((((((((((((Caty)))))))))))))))))) Don't let people get to you because you made a mistake. Your intentions were from the heart! People now days are too easily irritated. Life's too short to worry about spam. ( the can kind, right? ) We love you, Caty!

Second: Squeeze, kiss (send money ) to your friend. That is the most uplifting news I have read in a loooong time. I would love to go to a convention, but people might think I was weird. Just kidding! I don't know of one near me. Tell your friend, "THANK YOU!!" from me, and "Thank you" for posting it here.

Third: If some Shipper gets the opportunity to ask Carmen A. (Jacob) a question, how about, "Why is Jacob AND Selmak letting Pete treat Sam with disrespect?" LOL Was there an episode that Jacob scared the crap outta someone for dissing Sam or was that a fanfic? LOL. Now I can't keep up with RL Stargate and Stargate fanfic.

*sigh* Happy Place! Where the only thing that matters is Ship.

Token ~

Comment

Aside from my interest in the S/J storyline, one of the things I don't like about the S/P subplot is the fact that it wastes a ton of valuable screen time. This is largely due to the fact that Pete has absolutely nothing to do with Stargate... and as a result they are constantly having to take time away from the Central theme in order to play the story out (which also seems to amplify the effect that the plot is having on Sam's character.) This wouldn't be so much of an issue if it weren't SG-1's last season... but with only 20 or so episodes left in the entire series there really isn't that much time to throw away.

The S/J story arc alone never really would have had this problem, simply because both characters are essential to the show's theme. By sticking to S/J I think they'd have had a lot more freedom to establish and explore the sub-plot without having to stray so far from the central storyline, making it easier to focus on tying up some of the loose ends before the final episode.

On a sidenote...even if they had decided to go ahead get Sam and Jack together a few years ago, I doubt it would have ever reached the magnitude of S/P-- which is steadily approaching overkill status in my opinion.

For now I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens... Hope for the best and expect the worst.

Comment

If she keeps running up and kissing RDA when off set or during breaks she's gonna give the poor guy a heart attack! LOL! <snip>
                It is pretty sad because there is more ship going on behind the scenes that on screen. The behind the scenes stuff from Death Knell is a good example. There were two separate occasions that Amanda was kissing RDA. Of course, it's just friendship, but it's fun to watch.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  First: ((((((((((((((((((((Caty)))))))))))))))))) Don't let people get to you because you made a mistake. Your intentions were from the heart! People now days are too easily irritated. Life's too short to worry about spam. ( the can kind, right? ) We love you, Caty!

Second: Squeeze, kiss (send money ) to your friend. That is the most uplifting news I have read in a loooong time. I would love to go to a convention, but people might think I was weird. Just kidding! I don't know of one near me. Tell your friend, "THANK YOU!!" from me, and "Thank you" for posting it here.

Third: If some Shipper gets the opportunity to ask Carmen A. (Jacob) a question, how about, "Why is Jacob AND Selmak letting Pete treat Sam with disrespect?" LOL Was there an episode that Jacob scared the crap outta someone for dissing Sam or was that a fanfic? LOL. Now I can't keep up with RL Stargate and Stargate fanfic.

*sigh* Happy Place! Where the only thing that matters is Ship.

Yeah big mistake ...I never understood how that yahoo forum worked ..and I went head first...but Let's forget 'bout it

yes ...I was so happy to read this little report about the con...very good ...and at least we know ....there are shippers everywhere...big audience .

Thank you Token

caty

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    <snip>
                    If they're really that determined to use the actor again, local law enforcement can always be included in the earth-based episodes. He doesn't have to be in a relationship with Sam to come back. I could actually be amused by having him return as a bitter ex who is involved in some kind of investigation. That dynamic could be all kinds of fun.
                    I REALLY like this idea! It has so many possibilities.

Token ~

Comment

Hi Elfinwood:

You said "I get the feeling that even AT didn't expect this boyfriend arc to develop into something so big and controversial. I think that it was just something she wanted to touch upon and she certainly did not intend it to belittle her character in any way."

I agree and I have posted elsewhere about this but will briefly restate for this group: I do not think that anyone involved in the show expected the uproar they have received about pete. I think they wildly miscalculated how fans would react. They probably thought they would give the shippers something to be anxious and worry about as a threat to Jack and they thought they would give the anti-shippers something to grab on to as the end of the J/S ship and that would be that.

What they did not count on was another portion of the fan base also getting invovled, those who just don't like pete because he treated Carter so disrespectfully and dishonestly. (I know many of the J/S shippers also fall into this group.) I also think they did not anticipate so many people being upset with Carter for having allowed pete to get away with what he did to her without even a word to him about it. His behaviour from the moment he lied to her that morning about going back to Denver (we all know he did not leave Colorado Springs) to the moment he left her in his little hissy fit, right through to the moment he showed up at the stakeout and interrupted it getting himself shot in the process. It is troubling to me that TPTB, Ms. Tapping and others involved in the show choose to ignore the fans who have legitimate, even-handed concerns about pete's behaviour and what it says about the treatment of women in general. Thus far, from all of the PR I have seen they choose to focus on only certain portions of the fans who disliked pete and whenever they do reference the pete issue they almost always seem to bring Mr. DeLuise's personal character into the equeation as if to say just because Mr. DeLuise is a nice, sweet, funny guy pete must be too. That just does not work for me - as has been said many times - keep the character separate from the actor, but the same must hold true to keep the actor separate from the character.

IMO, pete was not good for Carter because of his overall disrespectful behaviour in the second half of the episode and TPTB and others were clueless as to what they would bring down upon themselves and the Carter character with this arc and the way it was written so badly. (BTW - I think they continue to dig an even deeper hole for themselves with the way they are currently handling the pete issue in the PR for S8.)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        Yeah big mistake ...I never understood how that yahoo forum worked ..and I went head first...but Let's forget 'bout it

yes ...I was so happy to read this little report about the con...very good ...and at least we know ....there are shippers everywhere...big audience .

Thank you Token

caty
                        Your welcome!!! Forget about what??

Yes, shippers are everywhere, and we need to make our voices heard! Let's hope Marimba comes back with as good of a report.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                          don't be sorry! OT stuff like that is cool...my Grandpa died while I was in high school and I was really close to him, so I only have my Grandmother left (never met the grandparents on Mom's side). Kel'sha agrees with Kel'dor...happier talk...

and good luck with your friend...been there before...
                          I suppose my friend and I are kinda like Sam and Jack in a way! LOL!

Of course the issues keeping me from dating her are financial in nature! No regs, just constantly short on finances!

And the fact that I have no license (or a car for that matter) even though I'm 23 doesn't help either. And as she's handicapped, I do kinda need a car to be able to take her off campus.

Although unlike Sam, my friend seems to have a lack of offers in the guy department. Which I find strange since she's very pretty. Maybe her being handicapped is putting off most guys.

But like Sam, she's very smart in her field. Makes me look like a dumba$$. Of course she's kind of a dunce in the computer world, so that's one thing I'm smarter than her in.

She's going for a doctorate in Chemistry. Doctorates! Oy! I'd shoot myself before going for one of those! But that's why I admire her so much. She puts up with the fact that doctorates are stressful enough for able-bodied people, let alone for handicapped people, but she's going through with the program anyway! What's not to love about her when you see all that? I'm half tempted to slap the rest of the guys on campus here upside the head and say: "What's wrong with you?!?! Can't you see that you'd be lucky to have a girl like her?!?!?! She's going through a doctorate that's stressful enough for the non-handicapped, let alone her! And she still has time to give of herself to others! What's not to love?!?!?!"

Oy! Long-winded OT rantings about the friend I'd like to be more than friends with! Ignore me!

Comment

OMG, thread 9, that's unbelievable! I can't keep up!
                            I feel quite sorry for DdL after reading the con report...he's such a nice guy!!

Love the idea of posting lots & lots of shippy pics for ship day!!

Comment

Can you please stop spamming in here, I can never get my little gate unactive:>

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                                Can you please stop spamming in here, I can never get my little gate unactive:>
                                LOL I was thinking the same thing.. I can barely keep up

Comment

Working...
                                X