This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    Yes Tame! GO to the happy place! THis bottle of 200 proof hooch oughta get you there!
    I've lost control of my keyboard eh??? Well, then that explains *my* behaviour across on the thunk thread..... (it wasn't me.... realllllly it wasn't ).

OK, I'm all jazzed up for this party!
    I think I'll whip this 200 proof alcohol (wwoooaaaahhh baby!) into a yummy strawberry daquiri.
    I hope Ship Mum left enough NEAR cookies to feed us all (and I'm dead keen to try this shipper BBQ sauce ).

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      I would say that I would try to stop reading articles and spoilers for the upcoming season but it's kind of hard not to what with being a mod. It's just that everything I've read lately has been so confusing and contradictory. Love to DDL but I'm just not enjoying the Pete storyline. I've read part of the most recent interview and I guess I kind of understand where AT is coming from. She wants to stretch her acting legs and make Sam something other than just the Air Force scientist and I respect that but I can't make myself like it. My husband revels in telling me what I geek I am for caring so much about a storyline in a t.v. show but I think that's the sign of good t.v., when you get involved in a story arc.

They introduce a cetain aspect of the story and something just clicks with you. And then you follow it over the years and you like it more and more and then something comes along and throws a wrench in it. It seems like it's t.v. Formula 101. They have to throw as many obstacles in the path of love as possible. I guess I was just hoping that that wouldn't be the case this time. After all it is a sci-fi show and the love story isn't the main focus of the show. And it's sounding more and more likely that even if there is some sort of S/J resolution that it will be something extremely subtle, like a fishing invite. And if it's like AT wants then we won't even see them go fishing. I don't expect an episode completely devoted to Jack and Sam but it would be nice to see just a kiss. A real life, non AU, non dream, honest to goondess kiss. I don't think that's too much to expect.

Yes, a real kiss!! I have thought some about how the show should end, assuming this is the last year. It really should end with the team doing something together, maybe like the team talking together in New Order, a scene I loved. Like the team is disbanded for reasons yet unknown, will scatter(Teal'c to Chulak, Daniel?, Jack retired, Sam ? ). Then
      they talk about their adventures, Daniel and Teal'c leave saying "see you at the gate"--yeah, they'll be recognized) and then we have Sam/Jack and it includes some definitive words and a kiss like Grace, but REAL and longer. Yes, they're probably at Cheyenne, but that can be worked out. Then a scene of the 4 walking up to be recognized--The END!! If there's a movie after that, it can show them being reunited because something is threatening.. I've seen movies beginning like that, a reunion of old teammates. Sorry I'm so long.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
        I've lost control of my keyboard eh??? Well, then that explains *my* behaviour across on the thunk thread..... (it wasn't me.... realllllly it wasn't ).

OK, I'm all jazzed up for this party!
        I think I'll whip this 200 proof alcohol (wwoooaaaahhh baby!) into a yummy strawberry daquiri.
        I hope Ship Mum left enough NEAR cookies to feed us all (and I'm dead keen to try this shipper BBQ sauce ).
        The 200 proof hooch oughta make a mean choc. rum shake too!!!!

Comment

We have lots of drink choices to choose from! And mad_gater you just keep coming up with more and more! LOL

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
          MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            LOL...you are not wrong my friend... I too don't believe I could live with JUST a fishing invite either. TPTB raised the stakes to high for that. BUT it MAY be all we get. And that too will be a deciding factor in whether or not I will spend the money on DVDs. I may purchase S7 because there is only the episode with in it and it isn't a very good episode so I really don't mind missing it. The majority of S7 was good and there is a lot of ship to add as a bonus. But S8 unless there is a FULLOUT S & J in this reality we are together moment AND talk AND kiss. Well 4-5 episodes with and the rest RDA lite....just no incentive there for me. DDL may be a fine actor and a wonderful man BUT he is NOT RDA and he can not replace him in SG in my eyes...so if my choice is to buy S8 with more DDL on the screen then RDA furgetaboutit
            Season 7 was the catalyst that got me hooked into Stargate fandom. More specifically it was "Grace". That kiss was extremely powerful! Since then, I have purchased Season 1-6 on DVD, and individual DVDs of Season 7 from the UK. I live in the US so I even had to buy special software to watch the DVDs on my computer. Other than the P/S storyline of "Chimera", Season 7 was excellent Stargate. I had been debating on Season 8; but since you put things into perspective, I don't see myself putting out the expense. If DDL has more screen time than RDA, they aren't getting my money.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              As a start, why don't we post as many shippy pics as we have (like the Thunk thread).
              I like this idea, but we may have to clear it with the mods.

Mods, do you think for just one day, July 28, we could post our shippy pics?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                Season 7 was the catalyst that got me hooked into Stargate fandom. More specifically it was "Grace". That kiss was extremely powerful! Since then, I have purchased Season 1-6 on DVD, and individual DVDs of Season 7 from the UK. I live in the US so I even had to buy special software to watch the DVDs on my computer. Other than the P/S storyline of "Chimera", Season 7 was excellent Stargate. I had been debating on Season 8; but since you put things into perspective, I don't see myself putting out the expense. If DDL has more screen time than RDA, they aren't getting my money.
                LOL.. now see I am gonna get a personal letter from TPTB telling me to stop talking because I am hindering sales

So PTB I suggest RDA lay some BIG SMOOCHES on AT this season in oooohhhh 5 episodes
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

SPOILER SPACE
                  "Good Grief," said Charlie Brown.

I leave the threads alone for a few days to try and put in some quality time on my new fanfic and what do you people do? A new thread, major controversy and a gazillion posts to catch up on!

I was informed about Mallozzi's post. After reading it, I had an entirely different take on it and was asked to post my opinion.

Hopefully, I won't stir up a hornet's nest by quoting the, eh, gentleman.

JMallozzi's post said:

All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang.

My take is that the small conclusion would be that Pete asks. You can jump to that one. The big conclusion would be that Sam says yes. Don't go there, that would be like jumping off a bridge. Looking at the pictures of the ep Affinity, I see Pete offering her a ring in the park. I see her talking to him in the park. I don't see her taking the ring or even with an expression that would indicate that the ring was in any way pleasing. The kiss pic is after that in an entirely different scene and does not look like a "I'm so happy to be engaged" passionate kiss. To me it almost looks like a "it was fun, but...." kiss.

Of course I may be jumping to my own conclusions. I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Especially ones that interfere in my belief that Sam and Jack are meant for each other. (And, yes, any PTB that read this, I realize they are TV characters. But if fans did not believe in your characters, you wouldn't have a show!)

I will watch until the end, which I sincerely hope is not bitter. I will reserve judgement on the ep until I see it. Maybe I am a cock-eyed optimist and maybe I will be disappointed in the end. But as much as I love the idea of J/S as a couple, I started watching SG because it is a good show.

I do in some way find Mr. Mallozzi's comment about selling our worldy possessions and moving to commune offensive. We are fans of a show that we dearly love. SG would not be on the air without us. We are not rabid fanatics that would drop our real lives over disappointment in a TV show.

The only difference between us posting to a thread and us having a conversation on the phone is that our words here are typed and not verbal. Sometimes it is difficult to convey sarcasm, humor or irony in a short post. We are normal people with an affection for well written characters.

I think I have ranted enough and hopefully put a lighter take on at least part of Mr. Mallozzi's post.

Shiaw Mei Mei
                  Last edited by Guest; 13 July 2004, 07:58 PM. Reason: Forgot my spoiler space...D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                    Wow 9 threads!!!! to all of us shippers!!!! I wonder what the thread day count was for thread 8?!
                    I pulled these stats from Thread VIII:

Thread VIII began on July 11, 2004 at 12:04am Central US time and closed July 13, 2004 at 8:04pm Central US time. That would average around 500 posts per day. I think GoneShippin' usually does the stats for us.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      LOL.. now see I am gonna get a personal letter from TPTB telling me to stop talking because I am hindering sales

So PTB I suggest RDA lay some BIG SMOOCHES on AT this season in oooohhhh 5 episodes
                      (((((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))))

Jack Sam

Token ~

Comment

spoiler space

Originally posted by meimei
                        "Good Grief," said Charlie Brown.

I leave the threads alone for a few days to try and put in some quality time on my new fanfic and what do you people do? A new thread, major controversy and a gazillion posts to catch up on!

I was informed about Mallozzi's post. After reading it, I had an entirely different take on it and was asked to post my opinion.

Hopefully, I won't stir up a hornet's nest by quoting the, eh, gentleman.

JMallozzi's post said:

All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang.

My take is that the small conclusion would be that Pete asks. You can jump to that one. The big conclusion would be that Sam says yes. Don't go there, that would be like jumping off a bridge. Looking at the pictures of the ep Affinity, I see Pete offering her a ring in the park. I see her talking to him in the park. I don't see her taking the ring or even with an expression that would indicate that the ring was in any way pleasing. The kiss pic is after that in an entirely different scene and does not look like a "I'm so happy to be engaged" passionate kiss. To me it almost looks like a "it was fun, but...." kiss.

Of course I may be jumping to my own conclusions. I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Especially ones that interfere in my belief that Sam and Jack are meant for each other. (And, yes, any PTB that read this, I realize they are TV characters. But if fans did not believe in your characters, you wouldn't have a show!)

I will watch until the end, which I sincerely hope is not bitter. I will reserve judgement on the ep until I see it. Maybe I am a cock-eyed optimist and maybe I will be disappointed in the end. But as much as I love the idea of J/S as a couple, I started watching SG because it is a good show.

I do in some way find Mr. Mallozzi's comment about selling our worldy possessions and moving to commune offensive. We are fans of a show that we dearly love. SG would not be on the air without us. We are not rabid fanatics that would drop our real lives over disappointment in a TV show.

The only difference between us posting to a thread and us having a conversation on the phone is that our words here are typed and not verbal. Sometimes it is difficult to convey sarcasm, humor or irony in a short post. We are normal people with an affection for well written characters.

I think I have ranted enough and hopefully put a lighter take on at least part of Mr. Mallozzi's post.

Shiaw Mei Mei
                        Wonderful NEW outlook on the words of JM. We TOTALLY overlooked the fact that PS ASKS is a SMALL conclusion we can jump to and her answer is the BIG conclusion we should NOT JUMP to......

See another voice of calm and reason.......

I can slowly feel my groove trying to work its way back into my hips

Its a coming back

soon it will be all back I hope
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

personally i found no offense in that comment. although i'd prefer to move to canada, a commune in southern california would do me just fine, so long as i had my shipper family with me.
                          c'mon guys, nothin' but season 4 on dvd, cookies, bbq food, and all the alcohol in the world.
                          yes i know, i don't actually drink alcohol (and i'm irish, huh, go figure), but the way the pete storyline and s/j story arc is shaping up, i could be convinced.

it does sound like pete is going to end up with enough screen time to rival RDA's. not a happy shiplet. (slight exageration, i know)

Comment

Spoiler Space Season 8 "Affinity"
                            Meimei, you have very good points. I considered that option as well; however, since I would rather be surprised than disappointed, I'm willing to take his comments in the negative way. (Sam saying yes)

Unfortunately, Mr. Mallozzi's comments can be taken any way you want them to be. That is what is so infurating about the Sam/Jack issue. It's the vagueness of any comments on a positive outcome. For me, it is less painful to assume the worst and be surprised.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              personally i found no offense in that comment. although i'd prefer to move to canada, a commune in southern california would do me just fine, so long as i had my shipper family with me.
                              c'mon guys, nothin' but season 4 on dvd, cookies, bbq food, and all the alcohol in the world.
                              yes i know, i don't actually drink alcohol (and i'm irish, huh, go figure), but the way the pete storyline and s/j story arc is shaping up, i could be convinced.

it does sound like pete is going to end up with enough screen time to rival RDA's. not a happy shiplet. (slight exageration, i know)
                              Well, it's RDA choice for reduced screen time. There area a lot of people who could end up with more screen time than RDA. If the eps are good I will buy the DVD's. If the eps are not quality, I won't. I don't have to watch the one or two that Ptui is in...

Okay, 4 or 4 eps, I am informed...
                              Last edited by Guest; 13 July 2004, 08:13 PM. Reason: MeiMei can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Spoiler Space Season 8 "Affinity"
                                Meimei, you have very good points. I considered that option as well; however, since I would rather be surprised than disappointed, I'm willing to take his comments in the negative way. (Sam saying yes)

Unfortunately, Mr. Mallozzi's comments can be taken any way you want them to be. That is what is so infurating about the Sam/Jack issue. It's the vagueness of any comments on a positive outcome. For me, it is less painful to assume the worst and be surprised.
                                well Dag Nab It I was trying to get POSITIVE HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X