This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSDT
    (((((((((((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yeah, the regs...almost forgot about those in the shadow of . Well, this is the first show that I have invested myself at this level both emotionally and monetarily. I have never been so involved in a show or caught up in the characters' lives until Stargate. This is also the first time I have ever been a part of an on-line fandom. I guess I'm just trying to remain hopeful that TPTB WON'T screw us over in the end. If they do though, I will also be disillusioned and probably won't commit myself to another series like I have this one.

Here's hoping for a brighter tomorrow! (Did that sound incredibly sappy or is it just me?)
    You are not alone....As much as I enjoy *Ship* in most of the shows I watch..Star Gate was the first one I too invested in emotionally and monetarily. It is also the first one that I got into *Fandom*.

So this one *means* a bit more all the way around if they screw it up. I am glad that JM took a moment, but I am still going to write and I am still going to reserve the right to turn the channel if my chain is being yanked WAY TO HARD.
    One crypitic post does not wipe away the massive *Pete Publicity* compaign. Nor does it change what will be on the TV screen that they have already filmed. But hopefully hearing (reading) our voices may make a difference.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      You are not alone....As much as I enjoy *Ship* in most of the shows I watch..Star Gate was the first one I too invested in emotionally and monetarily. It is also the first one that I got into *Fandom*.

So this one *means* a bit more all the way around if they screw it up. I am glad that JM took a moment, but I am still going to write and I am still going to reserve the right to turn the channel if my chain is being yanked WAY TO HARD.
      One crypitic post does not wipe away the massive *Pete Publicity* compaign. Nor does it change what will be on the TV screen that they have already filmed. But hopefully hearing (reading) our voices may make a difference.
      This is my first (and Keldor's as well) foray into online fandom as well. So when I watch the yucky season 8 eps in my special armor. The news I have for the family will also hurt me as well cuz I'll hurt the family with whatever info. I get.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        This is my first (and Keldor's as well) foray into online fandom as well. So when I watch the yucky season 8 eps in my special armor. The news I have for the family will also hurt me as well cuz I'll hurt the family with whatever info. I get.
        I know...This is very frustrating ....it should be a joy to add spoiler space for our overseas family members.....Kind of like OMG I have such wonderful news but ....wait for it....
        now I feel like we will have to add spoiler space just so they can run and get a barf bag......
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          IS That Joe Mallozi the real one or just a screen name ???

caty
          Someone has probably already answered this for you but I haven't had the time to read through all of the new posts yet so I'll just go ahead. Yes that is in fact THE Joe Mallozi. He's known to pop in from time to time and leave us with little tidbits. I don't know where he finds the time, what with SG-1 and Atlantis, but the fact that he still posts just makes me love him more. In a completely platonic, non-obsessive, normal sort of way as I've said before.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            Someone has probably already answered this for you but I haven't had the time to read through all of the new posts yet so I'll just go ahead. Yes that is in fact THE Joe Mallozi. He's known to pop in from time to time and leave us with little tidbits. I don't know where he finds the time, what with SG-1 and Atlantis, but the fact that he still posts just makes me love him more. In a completely platonic, non-obsessive, normal sort of way as I've said before.
            Both Keldor and I are wondering why you're turning redder than a beet if you supposedly love him so platonically!

Just teasin' ya ShipMum!

Comment

Well, My first letter is off to MGM...I am on a roll

Comment

Both Keldor and I are wondering why you're turning redder than a beet if you supposedly love him so platonically!

Just teasin' ya ShipMum!
                Shhhhh! You'll scare him off.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Well, My first letter is off to MGM...I am on a roll
                  Quite possibly rolling uphill!

Comment

Quite possibly rolling uphill!
                    And this means???? what exactly

Comment

wait a sec...JMallozzi was posting here and I had to work?!? hope he's back. I'm calmer now, done ranting and spewing Goa'uld (Kel'sha says I can call it Tok'ra...). so, tell the other powers that be that we really really love the show, but is just making us crazy is all!

and hey, whoa-hoo!!! TPTB DO swing by here and listen...

PS- I was REALLY crazy yesterday <sheepish grin> still wnat gone and it'll make me not like the show as much if he marries Sam...but calm...blame it on my recent blending

Kel'sha says she'll keep my adreneline in better check from now on...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
                        Okay, I don't post here regularly but I enjoy reading everyones posts in here, anyways here's my take on what's going on.

I think that Sam probably will unfortunately say yes to Pete's proposal if that is what will happen in Affinity, but I also think that later in the season she will have doubts about it & probably give the ring back because of you know who . I have this strange feeling that he is going to want her to give up the Stargate Program and she won't be ready for that. I know some have said that they're worried that the wedding in Sacrifices is S/P but I just don't see that because I don't think that Chris would write the wedding for those 2 it would be something related to Teal'c and his family on Chulak. All of Chris's episodes have been related to Teal'c & the Jaffa. Also, I think it would be better for everyone involved if Sam actually broke it off with Pete rather than have him die.

Also, I appreciate what Mr. Mallozzi said, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule.
                        I have to agree with you here...I don't think there are to many of us here that want Pete to Die....that is just a whole 'nother can of worms for Sam to have to deal with and THAT is not what anyone wants.

It does seem that every tidbit of information we are getting is causing a furor of Argh and then right when we seem to be getting things clamed down....something else comes out that has *just* enough ambiguity to it that you are grabbing at straws yet again..

It was nice of JM to pop in and be a *Drive By poster * ..I think Marimba coined that phrase......it took the edge off for a lot of people and I am sure that was his intent.

So rather than hope that Pete dies anyone (regardless of what DDL said in his interview) lets just stick with Sam dumping the fella

Comment

And this means???? what exactly
                          That protesting all of this may be an uphill battle!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally
                            Originally Posted by majorsal
                            Thanks, hon.

<snip>
                            So, how does everyone like my new sigpic? Fits, eh?

Sally
                            Originally posted by Token
                            All I see is an 'X'.
                            All I see is a red X too

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                              wait a sec...JMallozzi was posting here and I had to work?!? hope he's back. I'm calmer now, done ranting and spewing Goa'uld (Kel'sha says I can call it Tok'ra...). so, tell the other powers that be that we really really love the show, but is just making us crazy is all!

and hey, whoa-hoo!!! TPTB DO swing by here and listen...

PS- I was REALLY crazy yesterday <sheepish grin> still wnat gone and it'll make me not like the show as much if he marries Sam...but calm...blame it on my recent blending

Kel'sha says she'll keep my adreneline in better check from now on...
                              Keldor: Ah. Brother Kel'sha. LtLisa. You have returned. How was your day in the Tau'ri work force? Have I told you how useful Celtic warriors can be as allies?

mg (host): Can it, K-dawg! Your brother watches way too much Braveheart! God help us if he starts watchin' Kung Fu movies next. Of course if he actually learns the martial arts put forth in the movies, it could become a useful skill in battle.

Comment

It was nice of JM to pop in and be a *Drive By poster * ..I think Marimba coined that phrase......it took the edge off for a lot of people and I am sure that was his intent.
                                Since I'm not a regular I hope I'm not "out-of-line" but don't you think that was a deliberate plan?

Certainly seems standard procedure, when some element of a show's on-line fandom is talking revolt, send in a friendly face to pour some oil on the waters, say some smoothing words so the group will think they have a friend in TPTB, utter some vague reassurances and leave with everyone expressing gratitude that TPTB "care about us and understand our us." But it also seems like the underlying message is "stick around" because by the time the fans realize that they've been used, it's too late

Comment

Working...
                                X