This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    Keldor says Chel'nat. He has obtained a spare hand device from the Tok'ra high council. You may begin your lessons, preferably someplace else. I don't think my apartment can stand too many ribbon device lessons.
    LtLisa and kel'sha both say Shel'noc!

LtLisa wants to go practice on

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      (((((((Tame)))))))
      I'm with you there, girl! Shippers unite!!! I hope TPTB of Stargate, MGM and SCI Fi get a fright when they realise just how much money they are going to lose if they continue this load of s***!!!! This is not a very good way for them to launch a new show....by alienating a large part of their audience!
      Yep they will....even if they PLAN on getting S & J together in the end...then all our letters will do is CONFIRM that they are doing the right thing...SO WRITE SHIPPERS!!!!!! EIther way you are having your say!!!!! AND you are letting them know that YOU are IMPORTANT to them if they want to continue the Star Gate Franchise to be a success
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
        Maybe we should all stop posting until we know.

Otherwise things might get out of hand.
        You know, I was thinking along those lines, everyone take a few days off posting to calm down. It might just help. At the very least it would make it easier to keep up with this thread
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I dont like this Marriage thing either. But that doesnt make me stop watching stargate because there is more to Stargate then Sam's lovelife.

SG-1 Is the best show ever. And if Sam and Pete marry, it will still be the best show ever.

It just hurts me to see that people start talking about: "If they marry, I will burn my Stargate DVD's" and stuff. How can you say that? In the beginning of Stargate there wasn't even ship. Did you watch for a potential ship back then?

Now that Jack is a general I have putten a priority on him being a realistic general, that includes not being involved with an officer under him.

My opinion.

Feel free to kick me out of the family.
          first, never gonna kick you out of the family (((Ice^^^Heat)))

of course the show is about more than Sam and Jack ship...which is part of the problem for me; the show also is about a lot more than ...in fact, its not about him at all. This whole storyline is ruining the rest of the show and my favorite character (Sam) for me; thats why I'm raising my voice so much. I just want gone...thats it. Until him, my ship expectations were rather low...now, I'm just disgusted. And I don't appreciate being told by TPTB that I have 'issues' and other such comments; my watching their show is what keeps it going for crying out loud! I will still watch old episodes, but I don't want to watch anything with in it if this keeps going that way...in my little world, Chimera (Pit part) and any other Pitgate episodes won't exist and I'll just watch the good old episodes

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
            ok, thats good....my votes on samandjacktogether.com

Kel'sha says lets have more than one petition...one like that (for us shippers) and one for anyone who hates Pete, even if they don't particularly want S/J ship.
            That sounds like an idea. But keep in mind that threats galore may do more harm than good. If we keep making threats over something that TPTB think is not an important part of the show, we will most likely be labeled as extremist wackos. And we want them to respect us as fans, right? Keldor and I also think that samandjacktogther.com is a nice name for the online petition.

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
              I'm with you too! I'm still going to watch the show and try to remain positive, but I'm putting off buying anymore dvd's until I see how this all turns out.

I've also been thinking about all the shows I've watched in the past and how they always seem to throw a wrench into the main characters' relationships. Usually it turns out for the best, so I'm going to keep hoping and praying.
              Me too Tasha....but I want to make sure My VOICE is heard before they have written the end of the show. As long as I know I *said something* I know I tried. Then when I do or don't buy anything it is because I *DID* something first. ....... As long as I am being proactive and DOING something and not just sitting on the sidelines THEN I KNOW I TRIED to MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR WHAT I BELIEVED WAS RIGHT. In this case, I know it is nothing more than TV show BUT It is a matter of FANS....spending money based on a *BELIEF* in a story line that TPTB created and are now disrupting with NO EXPLAINATION......

As I said earlier.. IF they do come around to Sam & Jack together in the end GREAT!!!!!! BUT it will be bitter sweet at this point UNLESS it is SOME DAMN GOOD WRITING!!
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That sounds like an idea. But keep in mind that threats galore may do more harm than good. If we keep making threats over something that TPTB think is not an important part of the show, we will most likely be labeled as extremist wackos. And we want them to respect us as fans, right? Keldor and I also think that samandjacktogther.com is a nice name for the online petition.
                Threats ARE NEVER good.......Explainations on the other hand are always interesting!

I would rather spend three sentences saying I will explain my disenchantment rather than threaten my departure.
                No one says you have to be mean or rude or offensive to get your point acroos.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  You know, I was thinking along those lines, everyone take a few days off posting to calm down. It might just help. At the very least it would make it easier to keep up with this thread
                  LOL... now you know why I am up at three AM reading and giving you a hard time it is trying to get through this thread and figure out what I want to do....You all may have the best idea yet...take some time to breathe...

Comment

Maybe we should all stop posting until we know.

Otherwise things might get out of hand.
                    ranting makes me feel better...I'm actually a bit calmer now...

and I'm withholding my decision to quit watching until I have to see a wedding; if there is a and Sam wedding, then I'll have to decide about boycotting. I'll boycott cause I just won't enjoy the show at that point; I've been a shipper since the very first episodes I watched...I immediately noticed and loved Sam and Jack ship
                    But I don't want to wait on a petition; if we wait til the s$@! hots the fan, it'll be too late to do anything about it. If we send a petition now, we might be able to effect a change.

~Imzadi

Comment

I have to disagree with you, mad_gater. It already sounds like TPTB think we are extremist wackos with 'issues'. "Respect us?" They don't respect us right now. If they respected S/J Shippers, all they would have to do is give us one teeny, tiny S/J spoiler, and we would be orbiting Jupiter. (Well, at least Mars. ) That's why we are such GREAT fans! We devour crumbs like it was a full course meal!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                        LtLisa and kel'sha both say Shel'noc!

LtLisa wants to go practice on
                        LOL! Good choice! maybe you can put that ribbon beam thing usually reserved for the forehead (Osiris did it to Daniel with his ribbon device) up his butt rather than his forehead.

: What's that smell? And why is it so warm on my backside all of a sudden?

Comment

I dont like this Marriage thing either. But that doesnt make me stop watching stargate because there is more to Stargate then Sam's lovelife.

SG-1 Is the best show ever. And if Sam and Pete marry, it will still be the best show ever.

It just hurts me to see that people start talking about: "If they marry, I will burn my Stargate DVD's" and stuff. How can you say that? In the beginning of Stargate there wasn't even ship. Did you watch for a potential ship back then?

Now that Jack is a general I have putten a priority on him being a realistic general, that includes not being involved with an officer under him.

My opinion.

Feel free to kick me out of the family.

KG AND Ice Heat you are both STAYING in the (((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))) sheesh...you are all entitled to opinions !!!

and you are right we DON'T want to be labled as extremists!! I know this whole thing has caught us all so off guard that it is unreal.
                          I personally will watch till the end of Season 8 to make my final decision about my future purchases. But the S & J figures prominantly in that decision FOR ME...

But please continue to voice calm and moderation because like any family when one of us is losing our *cool* we need another *Family* member to come in and Say Hey wait ...Look at it this way
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 July 2004, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            I have to disagree with you, mad_gater. It already sounds like TPTB think we are extremist wackos with 'issues'. "Respect us?" They don't respect us right now. If they respected S/J Shippers, all they would have to do is give us one teeny, tiny S/J spoiler, and we would be orbiting Jupiter. (Well, at least Mars. ) That's why we are such GREAT fans! We devour crumbs like it was a full course meal!
                            Point taken! Keldor wants to show TPTB what real "issues" are. He says he wants to give them an issue right up their butts! LOL! I guess a little ranting may be in order for the petition then, if that's what will make you feel better.

Comment

I agree sacme.I have not hearding enough positive Sam and Jack news from any of TPTB or Actors.They are too busy praising Pete.I cannot believe how far the Sam character has fallen since dating Pete.I though Sam folded up like a cheap suit when she first saw Fifth in New Order.I'am surprised Sam do not say it was Jack's fault about betraying Fifty and that fifth should tourture Jack.I also though Sam was too nice and could not make the tough Decisions and Unnatural selection and New Order hammered the points home.I keep hearing AT say Sam loves Jack but she has a funny way of showing it.I still believe Sam and Jack will end up together but it will never be the same after Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                I know that in posts and in the letter that peole have encouraged AT and TPTB to come visit this thread. I have to say though that I don't see that happening. Especially AT. AT has said how much she likes DDL and working with him and somehow I don't see her coming into a thread where the Pete character is called stuPit or a rat b***ard. I completely understand that emotions are running high right now and that people can get emotionally invested in a show but I think some constructive criticism might be the way to go rather than out and out vitrol. I think that people involved with the show may be more inclined to read something that is articulate and has been given some though rather than raging. So many people put so much time, effort, and preparation into making each episode that I tend to keep that in mind when there is an aspect of the show that I don't like because I know how I would feel if I read negative things about something I'd worked so hard on. I certainly understand that the shipper thread is THE place to some and rant about anything ship related so I'm certainly not modding people or telling them what to say I'm just giving my opinion.

Spoilers Season 8

I am most definately not a Pete fan, though I am a DDL fan. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think that if TPTB intended for viewers to take Pete seriously than they shouldn't have continued with the Sam/Jack ship after Chimera. IMO they can't continue with the loving looks and other shippiness between Sam and Jack AND have Pete be considered a serious relationship. I sincerely hope that Sam says no to Pete's proposal in Affinity but I don't see how the answer can be no and for him to then be in another couple of episodes after that. There seems to be a backlash among the actors and TPTB against Sam/Jack ship lately but I think that if they didn't want it to be a consideration then they shouldn't have pushed it in the first place. It seems sort of preposterous to me to push the Sam/Jack ship for 8 years and then to do a complete 180. I love Stargate and not just for the Sam/Jack ship but I will be dispointed beyond words if the Sam/Jack ship is just forgotten as if it was never there.
                                ShipperMom I do agree. The problem is for me is that I'm not interested in Sam's love life; so she has a dilemna about home and family or career. So do many women - there's nothing new in that storyline. Have both, why don't you? We could have at least had a story where Pete thinks about whether he should give up his job to raise the kids... but h£ll no!

I was much happier when we had Sam and Jack with their UST and all the team together, then we could project to our heart's content, read the fanfic, have fun with it a bit.

Someone said it earlier, AT said she didn't want Sam's character to be defined by a man (or something similar). It sounds like most of her character development is about her being with a man, what about the challenges of command? Where did Sam the Astrophysicist go?

Comment

Working...
                                X