This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    It is totally understandable! I knew was coming; I just didn't want to know , if you what I mean. "Affinity" is so far away, and I have waited sooo long for the new season. I wanted to enjoy some episodes before having to deal with issues. This is going to be a loooong season!

We are family so all is forgiven. But now that I've been spoiled, I need help plugging all the holes in my shipper boat.
    I'll help ya! I also wanted to enjoy some of the new season. I did like New Order, it left me feeling a bit more positive.

Chris

Comment

Mala, welcome back!!! Hope your vacation was relaxing!

If you haven't read by now, our shipper hopes are in the dumper. Maybe one of your lovely potato pics is in order. (please...purdy please...with sugar on top )

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
        Oy! The GW boards! Too much to read after 2 weeks away....2 new threads per topic (the Shippers & RDA/Jack Thunkers) = 4,000 posts? not sure if that's right, but then I am jetlagged...

Clearly I haven't read every single word that's been written here, so I'm probably repeating much of what's been said already:

OK, Lowdown was a big disappointment - too much Mr. P! Why address something ("STALKER PETE") that TPTB want to avoid? They didn't do a very good job of convincing anti-P's to like him (uh, DK: chemistry between Sam and Mr. P??? WHAT?) and they probably just confused the hell out of everyone else.

Not enough SG-1. Not enough RDA, although I liked his comment about P not being a threat...

Have to say that Atlantis looks sort of interesting, though.

Re New Order 1&2:

SPOILER SPACE
        - started out with nice, subtle ship - that Sam would risk her life to save Jack
        - liked Teal'c's evil zinging of Sam with his question: "How's PS?" (yay! what a shipper!)

and was happy to see Sam's lukewarm response...
        - found the Goa'ulds part rather boring
        - thought that Jessica Steen was better than TH as Dr. Weir
        - Montana scene: it clearly showed that Sam doesn't want THAT as her future; also it was good to see P used as an instrument of torture; hopefully Sam's nightmares of her time with Fifth will be filled with images of P....
        - Jack's thawing was rather anticlimactic; although the scene was funny the reunion overall with T and DJ was dull
        - liked Sam's smile for Jack (and his hand on her leg) but expected a hug at least! after that look and touch at the end of Lost City2....
        - loved Teal'c's shippy look at Sam and Jack
        - once Jack was back, the show really came alive - just goes to show how important RDA's energy is to SG1 (despite the claims by the others that they can carry the show)
        - the Team discussion of the pros and cons of Jack's promotion was very nice
        - promotion ceremony - would rather have seen a more public extolling of Jack's heroism/role in saving the world and not just a private conversation between him and Weir; thought that in a way, Sam's promotion overshadowed Jack's
        - loved the looks and closeness between Jack and Sam during the ceremony; can only hope that there's more to come...
        WELCOME BACK MALA!!!!!!!!! Lots happened while you were away!

- Tame and I teased BCM mercilessly (so what else is new, right? )
        - we started a new thread
        - We had a meltdown over Affinity
        - I became host to a Tok'ra shipper, Keldor of Ra'maklan. As a matter of fact, in the previous thread Keldor actually zinged one at BCM.
        - LtLisa says she wants to become host to Keldor's brother, Kel'sha, so that she doesn't get as queazy over all these negative anti-shipper thoughts. Kel'sha is currently in stasis awaiting LtLisa's return.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          Hi back at ya NG.1!!!

Welcome!!!

Wow, we have so many newbies!!! Isn't it great family?!

If one thing good has come out of having in our lives it's that it has brought alot of people into the family who I don't think would have come out to play unless they had been so frustrated by this new turn of events!!!

Trying to put a positive spin on things!! How am I doing?!
          yes, it went from to in just a few days. I guess that's why we're on our way to breaking another record.

the more the merrier!

ship sistah

shippers rule!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

It is totally understandable! I knew was coming; I just didn't want to know , if you what I mean. "Affinity" is so far away, and I have waited sooo long for the new season. I wanted to enjoy some episodes before having to deal with issues. This is going to be a loooong season!

We are family so all is forgiven. But now that I've been spoiled, I need help plugging all the holes in my shipper boat.
            mad_gater (Keldor mode): I bring good news from the Asgard High Command! They have decided to install Asgard designed shields on our shipper boat. This should give us some protection against TPTB and their chain-yanking.

Comment

MALA!!! Glad you are Home!!!!!! Well As you can see there are MANY that agree with you but we will wait and see because UNLIKE TPTB we know the DEFINITION of LOYALTY and are FANS

You pics as ALWAYS are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! and just what I needed
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Mala, welcome back!!! Hope your vacation was relaxing!

If you haven't read by now, our shipper hopes are in the dumper. Maybe one of your lovely potato pics is in order. (please...purdy please...with sugar on top )
                THANKS for the warm welcome!
                OK,I haven't put up any new Potatohead pix lately, but thought the first one was still appropriate:

and the last:

oh, and everything in between from The POTATOHEAD COLLECTION
                sigpic

Comment

Re AT's Chicago Tribune comments and Affinity and all those vomit-inducing pix:

I really do believe that Jack and Sam will be together in the end (unless SG1 goes to Season 9 and RDA retires...) but I am really SICK AND TIRED of TPTB/AT, their attitudes towards fans' criticisms and the way that Sam's been portrayed since Grace...

And frankly, if they want Mr. P, they'll just keep cramming him down our throats whether we like it or not. So I won't be spending another dime on the show either if they pair Sam with Mr. P.

But I'll still watch because I love RDA/Jack. So all I can say is, if TPTB/AT really want Sam to be with Mr. P that badly, then give Jack someone else! It makes me sick to think of Jack becoming a "piney boy" for Sam!
                  I agree with you. I wouldn't like it, but I would have more respect for TPTB if they would just kill the S/J ship than keep fence sitting. You are so right about Jack deserving more! And I LOVE the pic!!

Token ~

Comment

THANKS for the warm welcome!
                    OK,I haven't put up any new Potatohead pix lately, but thought the first one was still appropriate:

and the last:

oh, and everything in between from The POTATOHEAD COLLECTION
                    Ah man!

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

The potato head thing is brilliant! Keep up the good work.

And that certainly is an awe inspiring quote from Joe Mallozi, the PTB who's been a shipper since the beginning, just like the rest of us.

An ARRRRRR!-filled and Pirate-y filled salute to you.

Sam and Jack Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

and

The Potatoheaded One Must Die!!!!!!!!

Happy Shipping!

Ar.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                      hello guys, it's been way too long since i logged in.On another thread you guys are amazing.I have just read that you guys sent AT a letter very nice indeed if i was her i would be very proud.
                      Thanks to you guys who gave me support when i was going through a tough time,esp caty,ship nana and the rest of my family here.
                      By now you guys across the water have seen the new series so while i go green with envy i hope it was worth the wait,we have to wait till september.
                      I am so sorry i missed the letter to AT i would have loved to sign it.
                      Caty and marimba please keep up the good work and now i am finally home again i can't wait to catch up on all the things i've missed.
                      lots of love
                      (((((wynter))))) so glad you're back home with us! so sorry about what kept you away. my heart, and that of so many others here, were with you. I so understand, as my own RL drama kept me away for awhile. I'm glad you're feeling better. Take it day by day.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

*reads the DDL interview...*

I can't help but feel really crappy now

If anyone has encouragement, post it now

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
                          *reads the DDL interview...*

I can't help but feel really crappy now

If anyone has encouragement, post it now
                          You are post #500!!! We're half-way to Thread IX!!

How was that? If that didn't work, eat a rosy cookie quick!!

Token ~

Comment

You are post #500!!! We're half-way to Thread IX!!

How was that? If that didn't work, eat a rosy cookie quick!!

I guess that works for me lol

Comment

Not trying to start another meltdown, but has anyone read the latest interview with DDL in GW? Aaaargh! He's going to shoot another episode in September!! And he wants to be in Atlantis, fine, go.

Comment

Marimba,

I just saw "I Will Survive," and I think I actually like it more than "Master Of The House," which up 'till now I didn't think was possible.

And 'Good Riddance' indeed, in the immortal words (word?) of Teal'c.

Thanks for helping us through the StuPit!

Sam and Jack Forever!

and

He The Shall Not Be Named Must Die!!!!!!

and, on a finally note.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Take THAT, RCC!
                                (mine is an evil laugh).

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everyone!

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                                X