This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!
    I was on here until around 3 am my time yesterday(Arizona) and already we are almost to 400 posts?!
    I know it was not a very pleasant thing to wake up to this morning and see those pics.
    I really think that TPTB have been trying too hard to sell this storyline.
    I don't get it. Why now, so late in the series? What do they have up their sleeves?
    If they do lurk among these threads they would see or at least know the reaction.
    Another comment about some fans having 'issues', if the fans have issues then why get sooo defensive about this storyline?
    Mmmmmmm.....I still think something odd is going on. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
      Could we start a boycott?
      Do you think TPTB are yanking our chain?
      We may have to yank back.
      Jack said the unmentionable one was no threath.
      I choose to believe Jack.
      Maybe our next letter should be to the PTB at MGM who, as I understand it, are SERIOUSLY concerned about the bottom line to save their studio. Read in the Tribune that DVD sales of SG-1 have been a big contributor to that. Maybe we should tell them that if she says yes, we will boycott the releases of future seasons. Hit em where it hurts--in the pocketbook! Or it could be a petition. I think I could host that if needs be. Just a thought but I'm hopping mad!! Gonna take a good bit of ship from TPTB to shut me up, I think...
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Or you could do like me and sneak away and let the rest of the family pack and drag the stuff over to our new home!!! Hehehehe
        I THOUGHT my bags seem heavier........

Comment

Foul spoilers are abroad:

Whence is that anti-shipperness?

How is it with me that every
          related thing appals me?

What pics are these?

Ha! They pluck out mine eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Still recovering from Skakespeare, and that horrid, horrid pic brought on a spasm of SP-speak, suited to fit the situation.

Must think happy thoughts and eat cookies dipped in grog.

Arrrr, that hits the spot.

Sam and Jack Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            Thank you - you keep hope alive!
            Welcome Zoser!! Ya picked a GREAT post to reply to!!
            Di

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Thank you!!! yay! more S/J fic to read!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. I doubt that TPTB would come right out and say "Hey, guess what? Sam and Jack are finally gonna hook up this season!". I kind of get the feeling sometimes that this whole Pete thing is sort of a "Hey look over there!" tactic. At least that's what I'm hoping. But, hey, what do I know? Apparently I've got issues.

But TPTB are, I think, being purposefully confusing. You've got some people who refer to Pete as "Stalker Pete" and then somebody says he was just a cop doing his job then you've got someone saying that Pete is no threat to O'Neill and another saying that Pete is here to stay and then you've got someone refering to Pete as "cloying" and another waxing poetic about what great chemistry David and Amanda had and some people saying how they want Sam and Jack to go fishing together and then some people saying how they show isn't about Jack and Sam and their "relationship". Really, it's enough to give a girl whiplash.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

does anyone know roughly what time (irish/brittish) that those evil picture were posted on GW? because one of my dogs vomited at around 7ish

Comment

Originally posted by N8iveTexan
                    Yeah, now if I can only get him to agree that recording the 2am rebroadcast of Enterprise once the new season starts up won't be so bad... He knows by now that Friday night is my sacred Gate Night!
                    Yep! Gotta get him trained now! Can't have him thinking the TV will be tuned to anything else on Fridays, now can we? Unless of course she says yes *shudders*...

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      You've got some people who refer to Pete as "Stalker Pete" and then somebody says he was just a cop doing his job then you've got someone saying that Pete is no threat to O'Neill and another saying that Pete is here to stay and then you've got someone refering to Pete as "cloying" and another waxing poetic about what great chemistry David and Amanda had and some people saying how they want Sam and Jack to go fishing together and then some people saying how they show isn't about Jack and Sam and their "relationship". Really, it's enough to give a girl whiplash.

Well, when you put it THAT way, it makes perfect sense......NOT
                      Di

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT

<snip>

...then I saw the pictures. I literally had tears in my eyes...

Me too.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. I doubt that TPTB would come right out and say "Hey, guess what? Sam and Jack are finally gonna hook up this season!". I kind of get the feeling sometimes that this whole Pete thing is sort of a "Hey look over there!" tactic. At least that's what I'm hoping. But, hey, what do I know? Apparently I've got issues.

But TPTB are, I think, being purposefully confusing. You've got some people who refer to Pete as "Stalker Pete" and then somebody says he was just a cop doing his job then you've got someone saying that Pete is no threat to O'Neill and another saying that Pete is here to stay and then you've got someone refering to Pete as "cloying" and another waxing poetic about what great chemistry David and Amanda had and some people saying how they want Sam and Jack to go fishing together and then some people saying how they show isn't about Jack and Sam and their "relationship". Really, it's enough to give a girl whiplash.
                          I couldn't agree more.
                          Who said the nameless one is here to stay? I seriously missed that one.
                          Well, I am with the majority, if this turns into Pitgate I am not watching or buying a da&*#$ thing from this franchise.
                          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            Maybe our next letter should be to the PTB at MGM who, as I understand it, are SERIOUSLY concerned about the bottom line to save their studio. Read in the Tribune that DVD sales of SG-1 have been a big contributor to that. Maybe we should tell them that if she says yes, we will boycott the releases of future seasons. Hit em where it hurts--in the pocketbook! Or it could be a petition. I think I could host that if needs be. Just a thought but I'm hopping mad!! Gonna take a good bit of ship from TPTB to shut me up, I think...
                            Now this is a great idea! If they realise just how many $$$ and £££ they will NEVER see, maybe this will do the trick. Let's start the letter now!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              Marimba: Did you even get any sleep last night!!?? LOL. Tell hubs thanks for the information. I asked a retired Air Force Captain today at church, and he couldn't think of a reason they would swear her in. Maybe we will get clarification later, then again it could have just been a way for TPTB to have them stand there together (a bone to shipper, but I can think of a better one).
                              Nope, not a whole lot...Went to bed at 4, only to be woken up by dog at six (after she had gone out at 2). I'm surprised actually that you didn't hear the string of curses at said dog...

To all: If Season 8 is our last season AND the S/J resolution seems forthcoming THEN I say we throw Shipper Parties as we can gather for the series finale.
                              There ya go! Well, if I survive affinity, I'll think about it then...

Comment

(((Aunt Sally)))

(((everyone)))

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X