This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    Trust me I hear you. This is currently the only series TV show I watch.
    This is the first fandom I've been in it's the first TV show I've bought DVDs for. It was a good experience up until recently now I'm begining to think I've invested too much time and money in this show.
    Ditto. Ditto again (boy, you were really making some good points last night Brian ).
    Heck, I even bought a new computer just so I could join this forum, specifically the Shipper Thread. Bought a new DVD player so I could watch SG1 in my bedroom and not fight the kids for the tv. Bought into the series....the ship....the fandom....at this point, right now, today, the only good part about it has been meeting and chatting with all of you, the Shipper Family, cause I'm getting a bit irked with the show. Again, no I DON't need the Sam and Jack hour, but I also REALLY don't need the Sam and hour. Or even 5 minutes.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
      Okay, I have been gone on vacation for over a week and was really looking forward to beginning season 8. I was seeing businesses with Jack in their names, streets named Jackson, Chevron gas stations, O'Neill on people's clothing, and while waiting in line at Universal, the Stargate Atlantis banner. Then I come home and watch the Lowdown (became somewhat depressed ) and then watched New Order (lightened my mood a little )...then I saw the pictures. I literally had tears in my eyes...I don't know if I need sleep or I'm just extremely upset.

I have been reading everyone's "somewhat" positive comments and they have helped a little, so thank you, but I think I need a little recovery time before I can be positive again...give me a couple of days.
      ((((((((((((((Tasha)))))))))))))))

How horrible is that? To come back from a week in the happiest place on earth to THIS!!!!! Well, we're here for you when you need us.
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
        But is Affinity episode 8? Didn't someone post that is still around as of ep 8? If so, maybe she DOES dump the runt. Honestly, just thought again of the pics with them "working" and thought he's nothing but a Jack wannabe.

Hummmmph.
        Di
        spoiler space for Affinity A major one for Teal'c so Stop now if you do NOT want to know

Ok in this Episode Teal'c moves out and eventually ends up accused of murder. SO I think what we are seeing of and Sam *working* together is in response to that. I don't think it is an SGC *mission* BUT I don't understand why a cop from Denver would be working up by Chyenne Mountain Then I don't think they put the pictures in order just to throw us once more. However I will keep saying....Sam DID NOT look like a woman saying yes in those pictures. Technically this is episode 7 it is labeled 807 have no idea if that helps anyone....but I am taking every little bit I can
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

But is Affinity episode 8? Didn't someone post that is still around as of ep 8? If so, maybe she DOES dump the runt. Honestly, just thought again of the pics with them "working" and thought he's nothing but a Jack wannabe.

Hummmmph.
          Di
          I just went back and counted and "Affinity" is episode 7 with "Covenant" as #8.
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            I'm posting for the first time gang! Be kind, cause I'm not quite sure what I'm doing! Oy! Thanks, Anakin, for some positive spin right about now. Of course, there will be tension and conflict as the Season 8 characters develop. The usual hooks to keep us tuning in each week. However, I hope that there is some positive resolution before the season ends. IOW, Sam and Jack have to talk about this relationship thingie.
            Welcome to our version of He.....Happiness Nell!!!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              yes sadly woman can not live on RDA alone
              quite right, one also needs wine. but those 2 items pretty much cover it.

Comment

Ditto. Ditto again (boy, you were really making some good points last night Brian ).
                Heck, I even bought a new computer just so I could join this forum, specifically the Shipper Thread. Bought a new DVD player so I could watch SG1 in my bedroom and not fight the kids for the tv. Bought into the series....the ship....the fandom....at this point, right now, today, the only good part about it has been meeting and chatting with all of you, the Shipper Family, cause I'm getting a bit irked with the show. Again, no I DON't need the Sam and Jack hour, but I also REALLY don't need the Sam and hour. Or even 5 minutes.

Di
                Sounds like what you really need right this minute is a BIG

Shipper Hug

((((((((((((((((((((((((((GoneShippin')))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Feel better now!!!!
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

sigh...sigh...this is Jack and Sam's happy place.......

Di

Comment

Don’t
                    Read
                    If
                    You
                    Don’t
                    W
                    A
                    N
                    T
                    S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    D
                    From S/J Thread VII,
                    Originally posted by Sacme
                    Post#655: In general, I thought the tension could have been kicked up a notch. The torture by 5th could have been scarier-- and he wimped out pretty quick.
                    Post#716: AT did an EXCELLENT job in the torture scenes...wish they would have given her more time there. AT did a good job. She was just getting into the groove of it I felt, when they had Fifth *wimp* out. I think AT had a great opportunity THERE to do some EXCELLENT acting and TPTB cut it short.
                    Originally posted by SG1Happy
                    Post#727: I too, thought that the torture scene should have gone on longer or been more intense. I actually thought Sam broke down a little too quickly. Maybe I was looking for an Abyss type intensity.
                    Originally posted by Token
                    Post#730: The potential was there. I didn't think the torture scences were that scary (and I don't watch scary movies). Unless you were afraid of spiders or eyeballs, there wasn't much there. AT did an excellent job to the reactions.
                    The torture scenes….as I noted a couple posts ago, IMHO Sam seemed to recover awfully quick after the Replicator ship spat her out. A little too quick? Maybe Replicator torture isn’t as bad as Gou’ald torture? I read Morjana’s blow-by-blow of the torture images we saw in a blink of an eye…. while they brought up things that may have hurt Sam, we couldn’t immediately determine what significance they had to her like the writers/PTB knew the images had & guess that’s why some of us think it wasn’t as intense/long/scary as we expected it to be. I know I agree w/everyone I quoted above.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                      um...ship sista? I love you (no, not THAT way ). We all needed these reminders. Badly.

thanks.
                      Di

Comment

spoiler space for Affinity A major one for Teal'c so Stop now if you do NOT want to know

Ok in this Episode Teal'c moves out and eventually ends up accused of murder. SO I think what we are seeing of and Sam *working* together is in response to that. I don't think it is an SGC *mission* BUT I don't understand why a cop from Denver would be working up by Chyenne Mountain Then I don't think they put the pictures in order just to throw us once more. However I will keep saying....Sam DID NOT look like a woman saying yes in those pictures. Technically this is episode 7 it is labeled 807 have no idea if that helps anyone....but I am taking every little bit I can
                        good point...maybe has to stick around since the dumba$$ is in the know about the SGC and its obviously SGC related. And that was the only comfort I took out of those pictures...post puking of course (I really did get physically nauseous, not just metaphorically, when I saw those). If she does end up with him...uuggghhh...I guess I'll watch just in case, but the show will be ruined for me. I'll never again watch ANY episode that has ANY involvement in (or I'll fast forward those parts). I will NOT, EVER spend $$...and seeing as I'm yet to buy anything and probably would've (or asked the parents for Hanukah...) thats a LOT of $$ TPTB are losing from me. And it may be enough to turn me off of Atlantis (unless its sooo good that I'm hooked when S8 ends)...then they lose a viewer and more $$

ok, done ranting ((((shipper family))))

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                        ~Imzadi
                        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                          There's an idea!! Let me listen and see if I can do anything with it!
                          its very snarky...my fav song to listen to when men are annoying me...(never ship daddy or the other shipper guys of course <g>)

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I think that was DK, and I agree I just don't see chemistry. Every time I look into his eyes when he's playing off AT all I see is... nothing... no spark, no emotion, nothing. And I'm very greatful for that because it would really bother me if I did see something there
                            Right, she so obviously enjoyed his kiss in New Order

That ain't no stinking chemistry!

Di

Comment

AH CRAP!!!! I just logged on to Gateworld and saw there were new pics posted. Being the optimistic idiot I am I peeked and I SO DID NOT NEED TO SEE THAT!!!!!! Which leads me to say WTF!!!! which is a big one for me because I'm a good little girl (mostly) . Haven't gone back to read any posts yet so I'm sure I'm in good company here but - CRAP!!! What the.......????

Comment

Hi, it is the first time that i post a message but i come to this forum for years. i am a big fan of sam and jack and i hope it is not to late to put my name on the letter to amanda.
                                thanks
                                carter_oneill

Comment

Working...
                                X