This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    This is a really nice letter and I will send the first CD on Monday..and My confession will be in there ..I watched it again today ..and yes it's a great video and song.....I will write a little pocket inside the CD for Amanda ..so that she doesn't miss it as well ...and that would be all they ( Sam and Jack) have to do next ...CONFESS.

Caty

Yeah!! Thank you Caty! I was just about to fuss that it wasn't in the letter. Oh and Token, my name has slipped off with the rewrite.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      One more minor tweak if it's alright?

"Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans."

Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

Sally
      Aunty Sally, I made your suggested change in the letter in the post above yours. It was easier than reposting it.

Oh and I added the suggested smiley on it also at the "Jack's cabin" sentence. Anyone with a better smiley please feel free to change it out. I think it does make it a little more light hearted.
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
        Yeah!! Thank you Caty! I was just about to fuss that it wasn't in the letter. Oh and Token, my name has slipped off with the rewrite.
        I just checked and you are definitely on there now. Thanks for catching that.
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          I just checked and you are definitely on there now. Thanks for catching that.
          Yeah, I see it now in the later post. Just panicked for a second!

I think the letter is absolutely wonderful. I think that she will be very pleased with our efforts. It is just amazing that so many people can come together and become friends all because of one show. She (and ok TPTB) should be very proud of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Is a gatecon better than a convention?or a convention better to give stuff to the actors ...ect...What is the difference between a gatecon and a convention.?!!!!.....I thought a convention was on a bigger scale ..let's say more important .. is it true or no?

Can't we give individual letters for the gatecon and the treasure book at the convention?

Caty
            Is there anyway of mailing everything to her all at one time? I think we need to get as much to her as soon as possible if we want in anyway to influence the last half of the season.

I agree also that it would be better for AT to get the Shipper Treasure Book, CD and letter all at one time. Much better presentation that way. Don't know if she opens her mail or not. Always safer if it is handed to her but we may not have that kind of time. Is it a sure bet that someone can close enough to AT to hand her the book?

What does everyone else think. Either way we need a specific plan.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
              Hi, all!

I just wanted everyone to know that I will be leaving tonight for vacation and will be gone for a week. If anyone needs to get ahold of me about the letter or cd's, you can e-mail me or post a message and hopefully I'll see it when I get home.

I'll be thinking of everyone all week, especially on Friday. I won't be able to watch New Order until the following Sunday.
              Hopefully, we'll get some wonderful shippy moments this season.

Talk to you soon!
              Tasha!.... I miss you already. Come back soon to your shipper family.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                Yeah, I see it now in the later post. Just panicked for a second!

I think the letter is absolutely wonderful. I think that she will be very pleased with our efforts. It is just amazing that so many people can come together and become friends all because of one show. She (and ok TPTB) should be very proud of themselves.
                Ya know I think it is amazing also. None of us really knows the others and we come from different backgrounds, cultures and countries but we respect and care about each other. Sorta gives ya hope in these days and times.

Come to think about it, if the World's leaders were only Shippers....
                Ship Nana

Comment

I haven't been able to get on for a few days and I haven't read the interim posts, so I apologize if I am repeating something that has already been suggested. May I suggest, if we are still giving her the song vids, that we include some that are just Sam? To show her that we don't just like Sam because we like the ship, but that we like Sam for being Sam, and that we see her as an individual apart from Jack?

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                    I'm wondering if you guys would mind slightly changing the beginning of the letter a bit? Just asking, coz there are a lot of GateWorld regulars who don't hold the same views as those in the letter. Would it be possible to make it clear that it is just a part of the GateWorld family that feels this way? My suggestion would be

The Shipper Family, who belong to the Sam/Jack shipper thread on Gateworld, is collectively putting this letter together in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam.

It is just a minor change, but one that would help make it clear who the supporters of this letter are.
                    One change coming up, GateGipsy!

Shippers that change things; please change the thing that needs to be changed so it's changed. (great sentence, eh?)

Sally

ps - I'm counting down till the season opener!

Days: Whatever makes up a week???
                    Hours: many.
                    Minutes: lots more.
                    Seconds: lots more of those too.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                      I haven't been able to get on for a few days and I haven't read the interim posts, so I apologize if I am repeating something that has already been suggested. May I suggest, if we are still giving her the song vids, that we include some that are just Sam? To show her that we don't just like Sam because we like the ship, but that we like Sam for being Sam, and that we see her as an individual apart from Jack?

J.
                      I think that is a great idea. "Miss Independent" would be a great one to include. I really love that one. Strong, intelligent, "I can take care of myself", Sam.
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        Gatecon is just the name of the convention. This will be my first one so I have no idea about the scale or size. As for individual letters I think it would depend on everyone here. But Tasha suggested it so she should get to do the honors. I'll just deliver the group letter since it's sooner. That way everyone will have time to collect their thoughts. Gatecon is so close, I'd hate for things to be rushed.
                        Gatecon seems pretty big since it is held in Vancouver. People even have the opportunity to attend a studio tour.

Marimba, have an awesome time! It seems you will be seeing most of the people involved with the show. I'll hold out hope that RDA will make a surprise visit. I'm jealous, but I know you will give us a FULL report and maybe pictures?

I agree that the individual letters should go in the notebook along with a copy of the group letter and CDs. Marimba, if you are not giving Amanda a CD with the letter then, of course, take out the last paragraph. The letter with the notebook will include the last paragraph.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          See, now look what all those different shipper cookies have done! You've gone and make me stop lurking......
                          Great letter, sign me up
                          Yay, another lurker! Welcome, welcome! Thanks for signing.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1

J.
                            In the "Lowdown" for Season 7, Amanda said Sam never gets to be funny so I recommend "Wonder Woman".

Token ~

Comment

I agree with giving her the letter sooner, but I also think it would have more of an impact with all the other letters and CD's. But if we are including the letter again in the scrapbook or whatever is done, then I think it would be fine.

This is slightly off topic but has anyone read "Overtime" on the fanfic site? It was sooooo good - no S/J romance really but a great Sam story.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                One more minor tweak if it's alright?

"Thank you for your dedication to your craft and giving of yourself to your fans."

Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

Sally
                                Much better! Thanks.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X