This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I have to admit that, as I've seen this episode..

Spoiler:
    I loved the fact they kissed...but you really can't see it properly because of the sparks! Of course, it's also an AT S/J kissing, which brings us back to...
    I want to see our Sam and Jack kiss properly!! Just one wee kiss is all I'm asking for! Is that too much to wish for ?
    I wrote a postcard to the ptb, asking for
    Spoiler:
    a REAL kiss between the REAL Sam and Jack. Maybe more of us could try that??? I think that would be a fun-loving campaign-type thinger to do.

Here's to a REAL Sam/Jack kiss for the REAL Sam and Jack!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      So sorry! How could I forget "fish and chips"??? Oh wait, it's because I don't like FISH!!! heehee
      That's okay, you can share yours with the penguins (I think I'm becoming obsessed with the penguins... )

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Tame, me worried about you??? Nah!! I know you LOVE me!! You said so! This is for you...

You are good!! But I'm going to use spoilers anyway just in case. M2
        Spoiler:
        I think that is why I'm feeling disappointed. RDA and AT played it so well that I feel like I didn't get any resolution. I truly felt the kiss was between two different people. I give them credit for their acting skills! I hope when we do see REAL Sam and Jack kiss it will be a Grace PLUS. My fear is that when we see them together it will already be an established relationship, and we don't get to enjoy the "first fruits" so to speak.
        Oh well, it is something to ponder. (Like I need to obsess some more. ) Hopefully, we will have more discussion after tomorrow night. I have a graph all ready for any confused Shippers.
        I have to agree overall with you.......I DO love you ...hee hee and I do also agree with your assessment of thingsSam & Jack

I think Aunt Sally has a GREAT idea... I have no problem sending in a postcard like that.... We Shippers here at GW HAVE been known as the nicest and the sweetest shippers around... I think TPTB should do us a *solid* in return
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Just an FYI.... July is coming upon folks... Annual Ship Day .........and for those of you that haven't been informed yet there is just 6 months till my birthday
          **** ATTENTION SHIPPERS ****
          The official countdown to Tame's birthday has begun!!

Hooray!! Ship Day is coming!!! I need to start preparing now! I think we should have another poll too. Any ideas on topic??? I know we will probably have to repeat the conversation, but we can toss around ideas. The last poll was for "Shippiest Episodes".

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
            Sally, where did you get that photo of the Team? I've never seen that one before. Thanks Dianne
            WELCOME DMOVIES!!!!!!

((((((dmovies)))))))

Comment

**** ATTENTION SHIPPERS ****
              The official countdown to Tame's birthday has begun!!

Hooray!! Ship Day is coming!!! I need to start preparing now! I think we should have another poll too. Any ideas on topic??? I know we will probably have to repeat the conversation, but we can toss around ideas. The last poll was for "Shippiest Episodes".
              ahhh good sign there Token ..... it IS a monumental occasion

Ya know picking *Shippest Episodes* is a no brainer for most of us here...we need something that is gonna make us think and maybe even dig out all of those DVDs......uuummmmm here are some random thoughts
              1- Episodes that Showed the most angst
              2- Episodes that had the most shippy looks BUT weren't considered *Ship Episodes*
              3-Best moments without any kissing or hugging
              4- Episodes where Sam OR Jack really showed their feelings of longing

I know it is a silly list but it is late and I AM throwing them off the top of my head here
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

MG just made me realize that since I have been away I have not been welcoming to all of our newest family members.... WELCOME ALL OF YOU NEW POSTERS!!!!!! I am Tame and I will be your *Activities Director* .. So you would just pop on up to the Pomanade Deck and MG will mix you a drink and Aunt Sally will will tell you a story about a Beautiful Col and a Hunky General and how they fell in love

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                  Thank you all!
                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUPI!!!!

((((((trupi)))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                    That's okay, you can share yours with the penguins (I think I'm becoming obsessed with the penguins... )
                    There's an idea!! I know Shipper Town has a zoo which means there HAS to be penguins!

Don't worry about being obsessed! We have a nice place for you. It is white, soft, and peaceful kinda like snow, and a nice doc..er..man named MacKenzie will tend to your every need. What?!? After the kissing discussion, I need to make my own reservations!

Token ~

Comment

OH, my very own happy place?! Hmm...sounds good to me, as long as I can bring my laptop with me so I can keep up with the ship fam! Oh, and my dvd's...I'd have to have my dvd's. Where do I sign up?!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        MG just made me realize that since I have been away I have not been welcoming to all of our newest family members.... WELCOME ALL OF YOU NEW POSTERS!!!!!! I am Tame and I will be your *Activities Director* .. So you would just pop on up to the Pomanade Deck and MG will mix you a drink and Aunt Sally will will tell you a story about a Beautiful Col and a Hunky General and how they fell in love
                        Yes, newbies, it is important to follow the instructions of your Activities Director!! She knows all the best spots in Shipper Town!

ROTFLMAO!! Tame, at first I thought you were talking about Jack and Hammond! Season 8 didn't even register! I almost forgot where I was! *chants* Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack!!

I think I need to have some relaxation time....

Token ~

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's threads and moebius'

Since gatebee and Bev are discussing M2
                          Spoiler:
                          the AT Sam and Jack kiss, I thought I would add something that's been pinging around in my head. IMHO, the M2 kiss(es) are "cute". There's no passion. I'm gateful because I would like the passionate kisses with the REAL Sam and Jack. But I've been thinking why it was "cute". Yes, it was in a comical situation, but the kiss itself lacked something. Since I'm not a fanfic author, I'm having a tough time putting my thoughts into words; but, here it goes. The kisses were just two people pressing their lips together. Does that make sense? The Broca Divide scene had physicality and "I want you". The PoV kiss had a bottom lip kiss and a neck stroke. The WoO kiss had dipping and embracing. The Grace kiss was open mouth. The M2 kiss just didn't compare. They didn't know each other very well but still... .

The question is this "Did TPTB mean for the kiss to be that way?", or "Was there some hesistancy on RDA and AT's part to play it heated?", or "Am I losing my mind and should stop analyzing kisses of TV characters???"

Boy, am I setting myself up for this one!
                          I've thought about this too.
                          Spoiler:
                          I think all your examples actually answer it. 'This' Sam and Jack barely knew one another. All the other examples knew each other well and for some time and had/have a lot of issues and history. I think AT and RDA played it this way on purpose (besides being directed to do this) because a- it was played for fun and non-seriousness, b- it was their first kiss(es) and were just getting into it, and c- these we're the exact Sam and Jack. As much as I wanted to see Grace-type passion, if it had been used on these Alts instead of our own Sam and Jack, I'd prob had been ticked. You know how some shippers felt 'cheated', for want of a better term, by the Sam/Pete ship because it was everything we'd wanted to see between Sam and Jack? Well, I'm feeling a bit like that with the Alt Sam & Jack kiss/situation. Just another example of seeing another Sam and Jack doing what our own strangled-by-the-Air Force writers can't do for ours.

You know, if Threads and the Moebius stuff had happend in season six, we'd have been sqeeing to the point of death. Season seven's stuff (shall we call it PETE!?!) really screwed with our heads and hearts, so all we can feel is... a bitter/sweet resolve. Threads and Moebius 2 were *fantastically* shippy, but we can't get over what Chimera/Sam-Pete did to us.

(I'm repeating myself again. )

K, done, bye.

Sally

ps - Watch Alt Sam's eyes when
                          Spoiler:
                          she in between kissing Jack. Her eyes are on Jack's mouth! (I love it when Amanda does that)
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes, newbies, it is important to follow the instructions of your Activities Director!! She knows all the best spots in Shipper Town!

ROTFLMAO!! Tame, at first I thought you were talking about Jack and Hammond! Season 8 didn't even register! I almost forgot where I was! *chants* Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack!!

I think I need to have some relaxation time....
                            ROFLOL!! Yes, you can have the room next to mine...They're so very happy and peaceful, and as shippy as you want! Where to next, oh wise and wonderful Activities Director?

Comment

Heh. Speaking of rep, my rep level says I've now become a well-known threat to the system lords.

*looks around warily for the Ashraks sure to be popping out of the woodwork*

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                                OH, my very own happy place?! Hmm...sounds good to me, as long as I can bring my laptop with me so I can keep up with the ship fam! Oh, and my dvd's...I'd have to have my dvd's. Where do I sign up?!
                                Oh, no. We can't allow any sharp objects in the room! However, we do pipe in the audio of penguins mating...er...Stargate episodes and shove...er...deliver Ship Nana's cookies through the convenient hole in the door. When your in the asylum..er..."happy place", it is best to just focus on the zen of Sam and Jack! See the Activities Director for your room reservations. I know there was some remodeling that was needed after an incident that we shall not discuss.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X