X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    Speaking of Danny in suit, am I the only one who wondered
    Spoiler:
    why Jack and Sam weren't at Catherine's funeral? I mean, the way they both reacted to her when she came to the mountain in season 1's Torment of Tantalus, I definitely got the impression that they were more than just vague acquaintences. Both officers exchanged pretty big hugs from the woman.

Which leads me to wonder when she got to be so close to Jack. She could have been working with Sam at the pentagon long before the series began, but it doesn't seem like there was an opportunity for she and Jack to become close. Of course, I don't remember the movie all that well, either, so maybe that explains it.

Any thoughts? I just imagined
    Spoiler:
    Jack and Sam, standing near each other for support, during her funeral and Daniel's speech.
    Yeah, that bugs me too!!
    Spoiler:
    I know why RDA and therefore Jack wasn't there. But with AT/Sam I'm convicing myself it was a production schedule thing. There is no excuse for the characters of Jack and Sam not to be there.

Token ~

Comment

Hey, I just thought I'd delurk for a minute to congratulate everyone here on 500 pages!! (Seems like a big deal to me, anyways!)

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Hi Gals, Did I see this or not in M1
        Spoiler:
        It is so, so subtle. I swear I am not imagining it. I promise that I did not have my first glass of wine for the evening before watching this scene again and again. Here goes! When Daniel and Sam go to see Jack at his boat, Daniel introduces Sam to Jack. Here's the part---ta da---Jack gives her a look up and down and then asks "are you a couple?" Watch it, watch his eyes, and let me know what you see!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Ya thanks for delurking Alaskah! I didn't notice it but it is a big deal Shipper Family Thread Rocks! Congrats to you on your 22 post

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
            hard question...

Honestly I think it was because of RDA's tight schedule and the TPTB didn't think it was necessary. I could imagine that too! would have been a sweet seen
            Well, I knew why they weren't in it, actor-wise. LOL I meant how would they explain it in the script? <g>
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              I'm not sure where you are, Sally, but Minnesota is nowhere near New England - over half way across the country, to be more specific - so I kind of doubt that there's a similarity. The Minnesota accent we've heard him use the first season of MacGyver is similar to what we heard in Mobius, I think, but I don't know how naturally it comes to RDA, meaning whether the "non-accent" voice is put on, or the accent is put on after having lost it over many years.
              Uh... *looks and feels embarrassed* I'm not really from this planet, so I got a bit confused on where the states and such were. *does she believe it?* I just thought RDA was using his Minnesota accent.

Sally, going off to look at Minnesota, next to those big lakie things over east
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Moebius I was quite a disappointment, but I did manage to pick up something interesting ...
                Spoiler:
                ... when AU Daniel and AU Sam showed up on AU Jack's dock. Daniel introduced himself, then Sam. Jack greeted Daniel with nonchalance but then lingered on Sam. Pause. Then "are you a couple?"
                Subtle he is not, heee!
                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

WELCOME LOL4Jack!!! luv the name
                  Thanks to all of you that love LOL4Jack, I was suprised that it was available!

I'm becoming adicted to this thread, I can't believe that I can freely express myself as a S/J shipper.

I have to say that I can not stop watching threads, over and over again, and I do have to say that SPOILER (Highlight to read)

I'm the happiest shipper ever, it's a fact that Jack and Sam are together, when they are fishing and Sam says that she can't believe they have not done that before she didn't end the phrase with "SIR" like she ALWAYS does.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Okay guys have my own question for M1
                    Spoiler:
                    did any one else notice this shippy moment when AU Sam was gonna take of her life jacket Jack didn't let her. He wanted her to be safe. I know that's sometimes common sense but he seemed worried about her anyone???

Comment

Okay guys have my own question for M1
                      Spoiler:
                      did any one else notice this shippy moment when AU Sam was gonna take of her life jacket Jack didn't let her. He wanted her to be safe. I know that's sometimes common sense but he seemed worried about her anyone???

well, i saw it more as jack teasing/razzing her but that's just me
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        Yeah, that bugs me too!!
                        Spoiler:
                        I know why RDA and therefore Jack wasn't there. But with AT/Sam I'm convicing myself it was a production schedule thing. There is no excuse for the characters of Jack and Sam not to be there.
                        At the funeral you can see a blond head in the background, and somehow I convinced myself it was Sam. It's too blury to be sure, but like so many other things on Stargate I just want to believe it is so

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume
                          Moebius I was quite a disappointment, but I did manage to pick up something interesting ...
                          Spoiler:
                          ... when AU Daniel and AU Sam showed up on AU Jack's dock. Daniel introduced himself, then Sam. Jack greeted Daniel with nonchalance but then lingered on Sam. Pause. Then "are you a couple?"
                          Subtle he is not, heee!
                          I can't wait to watch this ep again! Thanks for sharing.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                            Thanks to all of you that love LOL4Jack, I was suprised that it was available!

I'm becoming adicted to this thread, I can't believe that I can freely express myself as a S/J shipper.

I have to say that I can not stop watching threads, over and over again, and I do have to say that SPOILER (Highlight to read)

I'm the happiest shipper ever, it's a fact that Jack and Sam are together, when they are fishing and Sam says that she can't believe they have not done that before she didn't end the phrase with "SIR" like she ALWAYS does.

Isn't that wonderful.

On a side note, there's an easier way of making spoiler tags. When you want to hide something, do this:

[ship] quote you want to hide [/ship]

But take out the words 'ship' and replace them with the words spoiler. Do it just this way and you'll be wrapping your quote within these spoiler tags and you won't have to white it out. Hope this helps.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              I would love it to be submitted to be published as one of the new Stargate novels. There is alot of depth to that story for a creative author. *hint* *hint* If you find a fanfic, PLEASE let your Family know!! Or forget about them and just let me know!

ahhh, Token, modest and not at *all* self-serving, i like it! lol. *sarcasm*

And if anyone *does* find some fantastical-metabulous-ficerrific creations, please let me know
                              Last edited by Elkeli; 19 March 2005, 07:35 PM.

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                              -Stargate Theme

Comment

C'mon guys the thread is soooooo close to being bumped off the front page!

Here's a topic starter if anyone is around......

Has anyone noticed an nuances that Sam and Jack have toward each other and ONLY each other....the obvious one being the way they smile at each other etc, but do we see moments between them that we have never seen reciprocated between these two and another character....

bit of a mind bender but I was just trying to write a cultural studies essay.....all i've got is genre, intertextuality and signifiers floating around in my head...

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                                -Stargate Theme

Comment

Working...
                                X