X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1

HI EVERYBODY ....MISSED ME!!!!!

What's up on the shipper side ??!!!! any good news or links so that I can catch up on the gossip?!

A very belated birthday to Mala and Marimba for your video "master of the house" ....it 's a good one for a good laugh.

Also Welcome to all the new shippers in the thread.

Caty aka ShipDiva
    Hi, Caty! Welcome back! I was just thinking of you last night. (That sounds a bit, well, scary, doesn't it?) I knew I would be bored at work today and I was trying to remember your website so I could download some videos and then I thought, "Darn it! She's on vacation so she won't be posting." But, hey, you're back! And...whew! So, anyway, yeah, welcome back...
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

(((((((((((((((ShipDiva)))))))))))))))
      Welcome Back! We missed you!!

How was your vacation??

(Unfortunately it looks like you came back when GateWorld is going down. )

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        I think you and Darkquee have both hit the nail on the head. I think they *didn't* realize just how large this part of the fandom is and I think they should be grateful that we haven't walked. I'm glad they've done this show and I've enjoyed all but a very few episodes. HOWEVER, I am not going to ignore it when TPTB tell me that I'm an idiot for embracing a very *valid* point of view (that they started).

I think their reaction to our ire has been over the top, to put it mildly. I used to look forward to every interview/article that came out. Now I run the other way if I see that AT is participating. The bad thing is that I REALLY liked her until VERY recently. I'd like to believe she's spouting the party line, etc, but I'm beginning to wonder. I WANT to believe that all this PR is hype meant to keep us talking and get us excited about the new season (there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?). I WANT to believe that TPTB are deflecting our attention because we're going to get something really good. Those are the things I WANT to believe. As for the reality, I'm not so sure. I think the only thing that's keeping me hopeful is the phrase that someone mentioned here earlier, I think--Nothing is ever as good as you hope or as bad as you fear.
        Yep. Got it in one you guys! Hopefully TPTB realize that they could now lose a large part of their fan base and wise up!

Joseph

Comment

Welcome to the shipper club mad_Gater.

May be Sam and Jack will go and meet the president soon ..They can all talk shippy stuff.LOL

Caty aka ShipDiva
          Yeah! Hayes seems to be a stright shooter. He can't be all bad if he hates Kinsey as much as the rest of the SGC does. So I think Hayes will be nice enough to give them that reward.

Joseph

Comment

Ok Shipper Family, here is the Official Ship Nana's Shipper Cookie Countdown until the start of Season 8

11 days; 12 hours; 3 minutes; 27 seconds
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
              Hi, Caty! Welcome back! I was just thinking of you last night. (That sounds a bit, well, scary, doesn't it?) I knew I would be bored at work today and I was trying to remember your website so I could download some videos and then I thought, "Darn it! She's on vacation so she won't be posting." But, hey, you're back! And...whew! So, anyway, yeah, welcome back...
              YES!!!! Welcome back!!!! I think we've been missing you and your videos!!!! LOL!!!!
              Joseph

Comment

Um...I've been gone for about 10 days and not only are you guys onto a new thread (#5 woohoo!) but 44 pages into it? Wow--I feel like I've gone through some time dilation. :-)

I used to look forward to every interview/article that came out. Now I run the other way if I see that AT is participating. The bad thing is that I REALLY liked her until VERY recently. I'd like to believe she's spouting the party line, etc, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Why? (Sorry I don't think I put that quote in there correctly.)
                I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

It's difficult to break habit when you've found a comfortable way to live around particular people. In the case of Jack and Sam, when they're working it's easy for them to offer the occasional glance or the O'Neill-patent joke for the Carter-patent smile. Near death experiences have really been the only conduit that has brought either one even close to expressing their deeper feelings for each other. It's obvious Carter still loves him very much; i.e. the tender moments in season 7, especially at the end of The Lost City II. The whole idea of Pete disgusts me, as I'm sure it does many of you, b/c Sam's settling for less and she's never seemed like the type to fit that mold. He might have some admirable qualities but he's not Jack. I don't think she's going to simply get over him. I think Jack's gonna have to figure out what he really wants and then do something about it. And if it's a bachelor retirement in the moutains, I say we start an uprising.
                  "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Originally posted by madfrenchie
                    It's difficult to break habit when you've found a comfortable way to live around particular people. In the case of Jack and Sam, when they're working it's easy for them to offer the occasional glance or the O'Neill-patent joke for the Carter-patent smile. Near death experiences have really been the only conduit that has brought either one even close to expressing their deeper feelings for each other. It's obvious Carter still loves him very much; i.e. the tender moments in season 7, especially at the end of The Lost City II. The whole idea of Pete disgusts me, as I'm sure it does many of you, b/c Sam's settling for less and she's never seemed like the type to fit that mold. He might have some admirable qualities but he's not Jack. I don't think she's going to simply get over him. I think Jack's gonna have to figure out what he really wants and then do something about it. And if it's a bachelor retirement in the moutains, I say we start an uprising.

Count me in!
                    I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Hey Caty!!!

*WAVES*

Welcome Back~!! We missed you! I hope you had fun!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        This is just based on what I've been reading and is just a hypothesis and in no way a fact, but it seems as though the anti-shippers and noromos have become much more vocal in their discontent since the second half of season 7. And by vocal I mean letter writing. I'm in no way saying anything negative about that group of the fandom, I'm just saying that the more overt ship in season 7 has really bugged a lot of people. Many were o.k. with the subtle UST as long as they could choose not to see it but season 7 sort of took away that choice. I'm wondering if the flood of letters TPTB have received in that vein have had anything to do with the way they seem to be straddling the fence on the subject of ship.

I'm interested in who are the anti-shippers. I'm supposing they fall into different categories. Sci-fi fans who don't like any type of ship in Sci-fi(maybe mainly young males[who don't mind sexy outfits though])? Fans who feel the team aspect will be slighted or the Jack-Daniel friendship angle? Slash fans? Non-Sam fans? Sam fans who are afraid her strong role will be diminished? I haven't been around Stargate long enough to get a handle on this, or which of these types (or any others) would be most likely to write letters. And I don't have the time to get on other threads to find out much (though I did once read a bit where one fan said s(he) liked Stargate for the explosions. Hope that was a joke. What an overreaction to say they'll keep ship out of Atlantis!

Comment

Welcome to the shipper club mad_Gater.

May be Sam and Jack will go and meet the president soon ..They can all talk shippy stuff.LOL

Caty aka ShipDiva
                          Can I just say how much I LOVE your pics at the bottom of your sig? Point of View is my favorite Stargate episode and Sam and Jack so need to do that!
                          sigpic

Comment

HI EVERYBODY ....MISSED ME!!!!!

Welcome back, Caty!!!!!!!!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                              I knew I would be bored at work today and I was trying to remember your website so I could download some videos
                              Tasha no; you bored at work and watching Jack/Sam videos. Say it isn't so. I know while you are doing this you look like you are diligently working.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madfrenchie
                                Hi, madfrenchie. I like and agree with your views. This whole Sam having a bf... while it doesn't disgust me, it bothers me -understatement- on *so* many levels. First off, it wasn't needed. There was already one huge, honkin' obstacle to Sam and Jack getting together; the regs. While in theory having Sam go through this self evaluation and mini mid-life crisis is interesting, it's the delivery that leaves something to be desired. But with me, the NUMBER ONE thing that bothers me about Sam having a bf -doesn't matter who he was- is that I'm stinkin' jealous of the whole thing. No matter what's told to us by fans or actors or ptb, this storyline could have been done with Sam and Jack instead of Sam with PS. Being creative -like writers do- could have found a way for them to be together without losing the AF support. But no, we're left this Sam wanting/loving Jack, but shacking up with another guy. Throw in that Sam's not sure of hers and Jack's feelings 'does' support Sam's bf journey, but that still leaves the shippers feeling 'I'M NOT ENJOYING THIS JOURNEY!!!'.

*going to happy place where Sam and Jack talked and decided to wait for one another till the time came that that they could be together*

* I know that Sam loves Jack.
                                * I know that Jack loves Sam.
                                * I know that I'd be happier if Sam used her imagination like the rest of us lonely women do. (get it?)
                                * I know that Jack is waiting for Sam to get hit upside the head again.
                                * I know that Sam and Jack will eventually end up together. I know that I don't want to see Sam making time with another guy till then.
                                * I know that I make too much of a deal about all this, but I have issues and it's tough that I can't handle it. Right???

*switches off snarky mode and goes to happy S/J mode*

I can't wait for the season premier! Being a Sam fan, I'm *really* looking forward to New Order! Then, being an S/J shipper, and after reading the spoilers for upcoming eps, I have... uh... I have these eps to look forward to.... uh.... uh............ K, no ship-centric spoilers have been released, but ship will be there! I'm trying, I'm really, really, really trying!

Sally

ps - after reading through this post, I sound schizophrenic!
                                Last edited by majorsal; 28 June 2004, 03:56 PM.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X