This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lorelei
    I've heard it said that Sam dating someone else is supposed to be good for her, as she's only had failed relationships before this. What about Jack? He was divorced and I'm sure he doesn't consider himself any more relationship savvy than she is!

I don't think we need a girlfriend for him though--the whole love triangle is a bit too much (and cliche) already.
    Well, if he got a girlfriend it wouldn't be a triangle, would it? lol

And as for Jack-my thoughts exactly. It would be interesting to see that aspect of his personality addressed on the show.Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen.
    Last edited by Petra; 22 June 2004, 06:50 AM.
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      ship daddy? what's with the "nanny, nanny boo boo" stuff?
      If you are referring to the silly banter Ship Daddy and I were doing back and forth.. there was nothing to it...just useless drival that had absolutely nothing to do with anything but to be fun and hopefully make a few people laugh as they read it. Thats all

If that is not what you were referring to....please disregard this post
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        .... I, uh..... ... tttake JJackClones?.... ................... *faints*............

I am loving the new *Family Picture* Sally...GREAT Job!!!!!!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          Originally Posted by col aga
          And speaking of jack and other women, can somebody tell me why Laira is so hated?

really, i had no issue with laira, until she kept her mouth shut and almost got teal'c killed. that was the proverbial straw to me

i understand why she's done it, she was lonely, had this gorgous hunk o jack in her lap and didn't want tolet him go and be alone again....but she was, for a bit at least, willing to lie to him to keep him
          I have to agree with you here.
          I probably wouldn't have had such a problem with Laira if she hadn't have had that moment of willingness to let another die. Regardless of the fact that she came around - she considered it.

I could pick this episode apart but I won't, I just don't feel that this late in the show we need ANYMORE obstacles for Sam & Jack to overcome to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Originally Posted by col aga
            And speaking of jack and other women, can somebody tell me why Laira is so hated?

really, i had no issue with laira, until she kept her mouth shut and almost got teal'c killed. that was the proverbial straw to me

i understand why she's done it, she was lonely, had this gorgous hunk o jack in her lap and didn't want tolet him go and be alone again....but she was, for a bit at least, willing to lie to him to keep him

that was my problem with her

and ship daddy, you've convinced me..the BWC is not real! its a chimera too!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial dress blues> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              .... I, uh..... ... tttake JJackClones?.... ................... *faints*............

*fans Sally*

S'okay, Sal! You can always make more--he has no idea where you keep the secret recipe! And these will be even better than the last ones--so this *could* be a good thing!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                *fans Sally*

S'okay, Sal! You can always make more--he has no idea where you keep the secret recipe! And these will be even better than the last ones--so this *could* be a good thing!
                Okay, I know I've been away for awhile, but what exactly was BCM doing with all of the Jack clones, hmmmm???
                Tasha
                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                  Okay, I know I've been away for awhile, but what exactly was BCM doing with all of the Jack clones, hmmmm???
                  ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCM..I could not have thought of a better come back if I tried!!!! Thanks Tasha!!!!!
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 June 2004, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    I have to agree with you here.
                    I probably wouldn't have had such a problem with Laira if she hadn't have had that moment of willingness to let another die. Regardless of the fact that she came around - she considered it.

I could pick this episode apart but I won't, I just don't feel that this late in the show we need ANYMORE obstacles for Sam & Jack to overcome to be together.
                    Been thinking about Laira a lot lately (in light of the return of our nemesis) and I can't say she's that bad. You're right--she *did* consider it but right won out in the end and she told him.

Can't really say that about many of the other obstacles to the ship--

Kynthia--she drugs him and sleeps with him thus nearly killing him.
                    Jonas--maniacal ego-maniac who wants to kill them all, need I say more
                    Martouf--could care less about Sam so long as she can play Jolinar for him (at least that's the way I see it)
                    Joe--sold out the planet for some technology (though he improved a bit in 2001, maybe Ptui will meet the same fate)
                    Orlin--stalker number 1 who runs up Sam's credit cards and gets her a nice psych eval
                    Ptui--stalker number 2 who...well, we've beat that horse to death haven't we?

Laira looks like a real prize compared to some of these folks! Just a thought...
                    Last edited by marimba26; 22 June 2004, 09:36 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                      ROFL!!! Oh, Tasha, that's rich! Yep, single guy like that holed up with all those computers...makes ya wonder...

Comment

Been thinking about Laira a lot lately (in light of the return of our nemesis) and I can't say she's that bad. You're right--she *did* consider it but right won out in the end and she told him.

Martouf--could care less about Sam so long as she can play Jolinar for him (at least that's the way I see it)
                        Joe--sold out the planet for some technology (though he improved a bit in 2001, maybe Ptui will meet the same fate)
                        Orlin--stalker number 1 who runs up Sam's credit cards and gets her a nice psych eval

Laira looks like a real prize compared to some these folks! Just a thought...
                        Well I didn't say she was ALL BAD, and when she is put in *THAT* light.....well she does come out on the top of the GF/BF of the week HEAP

** I still don't have to like her......*** You can't make me...You can't make me*****

Comment

Speaking of obstacles between Jack and Sam, made a new vid--

"China" by Tori Amos

Kind of my take on the damage Ptui has done to both Sam and her relationship with Jack.

Enjoy!
                          Last edited by marimba26; 22 June 2004, 09:28 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Well I didn't say she was ALL BAD, and when she is put in *THAT* light.....well she does come out on the top of the GF/BF of the week HEAP

** I still don't have to like her......*** You can't make me...You can't make me*****
                            ROFL!!! Don't worry, I won't make you!! But when you compare, she comes out smelling like a rose compared to all the other garbage...

Comment

Laira looks like a real prize compared to some these folks! Just a thought...
                              Someone mentioned this on another list I'm on and I have to agree...Laira doesn't irritate me as much as Pete simply because Sam's feelings for Jack were so obvious. It kept the Sam/Jack relationship alive even though Jack was TEMPORARILY with someone else. With Pete, I didn't have that to fall back on for support since Jack tends to keep his emotions close to his chest. So, yeah, I can now watch "A Hundred Days" with no problem (well, a wee little problem) because of Sam's reactions and since I know what happens in wonderful season 4.
                              Tasha
                              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Hey my fellow shippers!!

Am I the only one that is excited for Stargate: Atlantis?!? I guess I'm just digging the promos on SciFi because they look damn good...I mean, compared the lame ass orange juice and garage crap we've been getting for SG1. But who knows, maybe it's a good thing. Like some of you have said, maybe they are trying to keep the promos low-profile so that we may be so surprised when the premiere airs and we'll just be so excited or something like that. But again, I just have to say, the promos for Atlantis rocked!! (And it doesn't hurt to see RDA and MS in them too.) And might I say, looks like there are going to be some very attractive men in Atlantis too.

I haven't seen the promos for the Lowdown yet, but I'll keep my eye out for them.

Oh, and belated HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dad's in here. Especially ShipDaddy's.

Is it JULY YET??

~*~Emilee~*~

p.s. Has anyone seen Caty? I haven't seen her around in awhile, but of course I've been gone the past week.

Comment

Working...
                                X