This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    I'm sorry but I was really hoping that it wouldn't be Jack himself who promotes Sam. I just don't want to have to hear about the inevitable "favoritism" posts that are bound to pop up. It's not as if she's not an excellent officer with tons of field experience or anything. She couldn't possibly deserve the promotion. Gawd, I can see it now.

that's a given.

of course, you have to realize, many of the folks that will be going off about favoritism and the such are the same folks that will not be happy unless sam is killed off and leaves the show.

In reality, from what i've heard from folks, sam's promotion to lt. col is right in line with where it should be happening. Major is just a stopping point to lt col and col....then a person can plateau for a while...like jack who's been a colonel for 8 years now

as to the pining thing - i'm not saying that ship isn't coming from both sides, i'm just saying that all i ever seem to hear is how horrible sam is to be pining after jack, totally ignoring the fact that jack is pining after her too. However, jack seems to be exempt from criticism for 'pining' after sam while sam gets creamed for being the 'piney little girly girl'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      To Ship Daddy:
      Happy Father's Day
      from all your little Shiplets!!
      LOL!

Thank you!
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        since Ship Daddy has made it VERY CLEAR I am his *Problem Child*, his *Black Sheep*, His *Child of no love*
        well here is my Father's Day offering

That is now on the side of our little Shipper Home
        On the side of the house!?!?! You're decreasing the value of the house, get it off!! The neighbors are going to complain!
        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Season 8's New Order spoilers

Don't you know why he's promoting her? He's been forcing her to sleep with him for years, so he's *finally* rewarding her for it all. *ponders begging sgcdarkfic group to write meanie-jack and victim-sam fic*

Sally
          sally, that fic has already been written. and its pretty damn dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            that's a given.

of course, you have to realize, many of the folks that will be going off about favoritism and the such are the same folks that will not be happy unless sam is killed off and leaves the show.

In reality, from what i've heard from folks, sam's promotion to lt. col is right in line with where it should be happening. Major is just a stopping point to lt col and col....then a person can plateau for a while...like jack who's been a colonel for 8 years now

as to the pining thing - i'm not saying that ship isn't coming from both sides, i'm just saying that all i ever seem to hear is how horrible sam is to be pining after jack, totally ignoring the fact that jack is pining after her too. However, jack seems to be exempt from criticism for 'pining' after sam while sam gets creamed for being the 'piney little girly girl'
            ya know i can't help but notice that this year its all about sam pining after jack for the last seven years.
            last year, and most years before that, if i recall correctly, a lot of people were talking about how jack was pining after sam, when she CLEARLY doesn't return his feelings, and he's acting like a dirty old man, and so on.
            in fact, almost the exact opposite to whats being said now. (not by all, just by some, and not neccessarily here. i'm not taking a shot at anyone!)

Comment

I'm so with you on this. To me up until season 7 it seemed to me that Jack was way more overt with his feelings than Sam was. The fishing invites and so on and so forth. And the phrase "doe eyes of death" really drives me nuts. I'm not completely happy with the way that some things were handled last season, but I certainly don't see Sam as any less competent in her job. I think she deserves a promotion. Especially if she's going to be leading SG-1.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                That's so weird. I'm right now watching the X-files and noticing what a good actress Gillian Anderson is. She's so good with subtle movements and such. But, man, so is Amanda. I was also thinking what a great job Amanda would do with the Scully character, and then in the next breath I read you saying about Gillian and Amanda's acting. Too freaky.

Sally

ps - Amanda would have rocked as Scully!!!
                She would have rocked, wouldn't she? I was watching um....gosh, can't think of it...oh Smoke and Mirrors today and she was acting very Scullyish while she was working with the NID guy. Even down to the black & white outfit. Really funny to me. I think the world of both actresses anyway so I am constantly comparing the two. Amanda wins in my book though....

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Diver
                  Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  To me up until season 7 it seemed to me that Jack was way more overt with his feelings than Sam was. The fishing invites and so on and so forth. And the phrase "doe eyes of death" really drives me nuts. I'm not completely happy with the way that some things were handled last season, but I certainly don't see Sam as any less competent in her job. I think she deserves a promotion. Especially if she's going to be leading SG-1.
                  I too can get behind both of these statements.
                  When I first heard about Sam's promotion I just groaned, for the very reason you state here.
                  But I too have felt that Jack has been *exempt* from the pining tag. When in fact I feel he has done his share. I believe that Sam was able to finally articulate a bit only to be shut down in LC 2

Ship Mum, I to am driven nuts by THAT particualr phrase because I have NEVER seen it. I have seen Sam look at Jack a couple of times with *love* in her eyes but hey what is this...Jack was Looking right back at her the SAME WAY. So I was very confused by that phrase.
                  It is too bad that Sam's ability to have done her job isn't enough to stave off the inevitible naysayers about the motivation behind her promotion. But regardless I am glad for the character she deserves it.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    I don't ever remember reading a fic like that. What was it called?
                    ~BCM =)

Comment

Great point Skydiver.Pining and the Black Widow Curse drive me up the wall.It is just an excuse get get Sam a Boyfriend.The Fishing invite has been ruined.I do not want Jack to ask Sam.I wished Jack asked Janet to go fishing as a friend.I would have loved to see that Invite after Chimera and Sam's reaction.I really hope Sam and Jack end up together but I do not like the fact that Jack cannot have a girlfriend and has to just hope Sam comes to her senses regarding Pete.Jack should never be made to look hopeless.The bad thing about Pete is he not only makes Sam look bad but he also makes Jack look bad as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        What love? There's no love! Not for you anyway.

ShipDaddy, stop it!

*pats sweetie Tame's head*

ShipDaddy, if you don't play nice, NO SamClone for you! *nods* There.

Don't worry, Tame, many of us love you. Many, I say, dammit!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

quote by beautiful and extremely intelligent majorsal

Don't you know why he's promoting her? He's been forcing her to sleep with him for years, so he's *finally* rewarding her for it all. *ponders begging sgcdarkfic group to write meanie-jack and victim-sam fic*

Ooh, what fic?! Name and author please. And where to find it of course. Luv those badJack fics ya know. *evil smile*

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

bcm and sally, i think the name of the fic was "lessons" and it should be on helio2. its very graphic and not for the kiddies or shiplets who don't like that kind of thing though. but i know you're both sick soo.....

Comment

ya know i can't help but notice that this year its all about sam pining after jack for the last seven years.
                              last year, and most years before that, if i recall correctly, a lot of people were talking about how jack was pining after sam, when she CLEARLY doesn't return his feelings, and he's acting like a dirty old man, and so on.
                              in fact, almost the exact opposite to whats being said now. (not by all, just by some, and not neccessarily here. i'm not taking a shot at anyone!)
                              i haven't seen that. doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just being said in a place i'm not. what i have seen is sam bashed from here to eternity for being weak, winey, pining, jack's girl, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, while totally ignoring Jack's part in this or even feeling sympathy for him for having to put up wiht Sam mooning after him.

i know i tend to be sensitive about sam, but there are times when i feel like she's being held up to unattainable standards
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i haven't seen that. doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just being said in a place i'm not. what i have seen is sam bashed from here to eternity for being weak, winey, pining, jack's girl, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, while totally ignoring Jack's part in this or even feeling sympathy for him for having to put up wiht Sam mooning after him.

i know i tend to be sensitive about sam, but there are times when i feel like she's being held up to unattainable standards
                                these are things i read over a year ago. when season seven arrived it then turned into open season on sam. but i don't remember it being anywhere near as wide spread as the attacks on sam have been.

i hate that sam gets bashed for being perfect and when they intorduce more humanity and imperfections into her character, she gets bashed for being weak. jack kisses sam (or a version of her) twice, its not shippy at all, he's just having fun. sam imagines that she imagines that she kisses him once and she's the worst in the world.

i think that (with the exception of chimera, which doesn't count because i don't want it to ) sam has been one of the best written female characters on television, especially in the sci fi genre. she's written as a person, not just as a woman. i have always found her character (and her actress) to be one of the best role models on television, and not neccessarily just for females.

Comment

Working...
                                X