This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    Okay, so, you're looking for what would they do once they GET together?

I think they both value their peace and quiet. I think they both think of home as a place to rest and relax. I could see him fishing while she read a book. Or them just enjoying a quiet evening in front of the fireplace. And I think once kids came along, they would be very devoted parents. Just a thought! After all, they've gotten over the getting to know each other thing--they know each other implicitly already. The only thing left for them to learn about each other in a relationship would be becoming lovers, which I think would be absolutely explosive. Just MHO
    I agree. I think they both come over as very passionate people already, therefore when they actually "get it together"....well...I'm coming out in hot flushes just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

spoiler

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...4579#post34579
      I just read this post in another thread (season 8 ) and I just wanted to let you see that it's not just here in our shipper thread that they talk about
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        judging by the fact that all or most of these articles seem to be written by the same person here. and apparently this person does not appear to be a shipper. does anyone else think that a lot of these comments that are bugging us, have been taken completely out of context?
        i really don't think that any of TPTB would be insulting to any of the fans like that, be it deliberate or not. they should have enough experience in dealing with the fans and the public in general even, to know how to word things and how to express various opinions.
        i mean from anything i've ever read about fans actually talking to and asking questions, especially at conventions, i have never gotten the impression that those who work on SG-1 are anything other than, friendly, respectful and grateful to all of their fans. am i wrong on this?
        I've gotten that impression before as well which I think is what galls me so much about this. He tried to make light of the whole thing by talking about a "fun discussion" and all that lot but his meaning came through LOUD AND CLEAR and I REFUSE to be insulted by someone whose advertising dollar depends on the viewership of folks just like me. I once read somewhere that a negative comment from a customer could affect the opinions of an average of thirteen people. I have been known to grumble about things from time to time but I am generally optimistic and I always tell folks what a great show I think this is but I'm wondering if I should rethink that position in light of the fact that a major PTB doesn't seem to give a crap what I or anyone like me thinks!

You're right about the comments being taken out of context though. That *could* be the case but you're also right that they would have figured out by now how to carefully word things and I just can't imagine they would not have taken that into consideration. Just MHO. I'm still feeling a bit snarky about this, can you tell?

as for ship. i'm still worried. and i definitely don't want to start seeing the sam and jack hour (although it was pretty funny when he said that part) but i really didn't want to see the sam and pete hour, which is pretty much what we got. pete has no place on stargate, as i've stated before. he had (and has) nothing to do with the sgc or the stargate or anything like that, so why did we have to see his relationship with one of the characters that does? at least laira had something to do with the theme of the show. at least joe faxon and orlin had something to do with it. when they introduced sara(h) (either one of them), it was for the purpose of giving them some story that had a useful purpose in terms of the show. same goes for any of teal'cs love interests (so far).
        the entire pete storyline is what bugs me.
        they say they wont ever turn it into the sam and jack hour, and yet they appear to have no problems spitting out the sam and new guy who has nothing to do with anything - sorry, i mean, pete hour! POURQUE!?!

i am currently a very disgruntled shipper. and i think i am the only one currently who can't see the glass as half full. i'm a worried little shiplet guys. i really hope they don't screw this up.
        I'm getting kind of worried too. I think I was better when they weren't giving us anything. I'd MUCH prefer nothing to this negative junk!
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          I think he just doesnt' quite have a handle on sam's character. I mean, heck, i have the darndest time writing daniel, which is why i hardly do. some people just can't get into the heads of others. He seems to see sam differently than the others and it seems to show in the writing.
          So why don't they get the other writers to write for her?

Seriously If she comes out so different you'd think they'd give those scripts to other people, or at least have someone else check them over

Honestly I don't care if you're the best in the world at what you do it never hurts to have someone double check what you've done and give you back suggestions or corrections. In fact I love having someone to look over my work. If I make a mistake hopefully they'll catch it and if I don't they can complement me on what a wonderful job I did
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

what i meant was, that in context, i have my doubts as to whether the comments would have come across as insulting. i don't think i've ever felt as though they, including coop, were insulting me or the fans in general.

i've heard of interviewers just taking interviews entirely out of context to the point that the interviewee was commenting on something completely different, and the comment was put into a different question. usually in very bad publications with atrocious editors though. i've also heard of interviewers goading someone into saying something the wrong way or saying something they don't even mean. certain interviews even publish completely false or inaccurate information.

HOWEVER!!!!! has anyone else noticed the complete lack of interviews from joe mallozzi? suspicious no?

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              Okay, so, you're looking for what would they do once they GET together?

I think they both value their peace and quiet. I think they both think of home as a place to rest and relax. I could see him fishing while she read a book. Or them just enjoying a quiet evening in front of the fireplace. And I think once kids came along, they would be very devoted parents. Just a thought! After all, they've gotten over the getting to know each other thing--they know each other implicitly already. The only thing left for them to learn about each other in a relationship would be becoming lovers, which I think would be absolutely explosive. Just MHO
              They'd also spend time stargazing and they're both pilots, I could see them going to airshows.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                Issues? Oh yeah, I have issues......

Yeah!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

HOWEVER!!!!! has anyone else noticed the complete lack of interviews from joe mallozzi? suspicious no?
                  He's currently writting for two shows at the same time! He's a very busy guy Plus all his other responsibilities.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    I think because of comments from Rob Cooper and AT I have always felt we will never really get to enjoy seeing Sam and Jack get together.I think they will still end up together but it may only take place in the last 5 to 10 minutes of the last episode.Most of TPTB and the actors just do not care enough about the Sam and Jack relationship.They talk about ship like it is a burden to the show.We will get some Sam and Jack ship in season 8 but it will be pretty much a tease like always.I really hope I end up wrong.

And this is why I'm sorry I ever joined fandom. And I'm including reading articles as fandom. I don't want to know that AT doesn't like this or that. I don't want to know that MS wanted to leave the show and why. I don't want to know that one of the writers take my views in such disregard. When Stargate ends, so does my fandom experience. That way, I don't have to suffer through an actors, writers, directors, or whatever's opinion when it slaps my own or my enthusiasm. 'They're' ruining it, not my reacting to them.

Sally :/
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      (((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))
                      Love You Aunt Sally

Sally *nods head in slightly deranged manner*
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        And this is why I'm sorry I ever joined fandom. And I'm including reading articles as fandom. I don't want to know that AT doesn't like this or that. I don't want to know that MS wanted to leave the show and why. I don't want to know that one of the writers take my views in such disregard. When Stargate ends, so does my fandom experience. That way, I don't have to suffer through an actors, writers, directors, or whatever's opinion when it slaps my own or my enthusiasm. 'They're' ruining it, not my reacting to them.

Sally :/
                        All I can say here is:

You GO girl!!

Snaps to Sally!

Seriously though, I'm with you--I think these interviews are WORSE than nothing. I'd rather have NOTHING than listen to these folks go on and on about how they think that the fans THEY DEPEND ON are wrong!
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          Hi everyone *waves*. I'm sitting here in my Hazmat suit eating Naquadah enhanced cookies and reading over all the posts that I've missed due to the forum being down.

LOL! We are such a wacky group of ppl, aren't we? We might be nuts -thanks ptb- but we're also fun and funny.

Sally

ps - To 'the powers that be'... please stop stressing us, because we have enough real life probs to deal with. Stargate's supposed to be our escape, not escape from. *sorry for that, but I'm watching the news and seeing such grim stuff*
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            He's currently writting for two shows at the same time! He's a very busy guy Plus all his other responsibilities.
                            ah yes, but so is rob cooper. he is also an executive producer is he not? and yet find time for interviews he does, hhmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              Hello Shiplets!

Haven't been around much lately due to RL rearing it's ugly head. Just thought that I would pop in to prove that I'm still alive.

(((((((((((((((Shipperahoy)))))))))))))))

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                someone else did some research, which i don't have to c/p even if i could but

coop has a long standing habit of being able to write good team eps, redemption, un sel, etc

good daniel eps
                                need and some others

good jack eps - paradise lost

and sucky sam eps. he wrote ascension along with first commandment

personally, he can't write sam when sam is the focus. he wrote another eps with a stalkerish character, orlin. wrote sam with the dysfunctional ex fiance, Jonas.....all inall, he just can't write sam. He writes her in a way that makes her look weak or out of the character the others write her in

his sam is rather wishy washy, weak, massively girly (as in the cliched can't make decisions, acts emotionally. she's not the decisive woman she is in other eps.)

it's also been said that while the other writers, once they're done, have a meeting and basically have their scripts beta'd....the other writers read them and point out inconsistencies and plot holes, his aren't.

what we see is pretty much what he wrote.

to me, this explains the perception that he's been short and rudish to fans with his 'issues' comment. he created pete, he wrote pete the way pete is. He wrote the plot holes that exacerbated pete's offensive (to some) actions....and his creation and the behavior of his creation have not been universally accepted and lauded and, i think, he's taking the criticism personally.

Thank you, Denise. You're given me some more to think about. I'd said on the S/J list about RCC writing Ascension, but I didn't realize how lacking his writing was in regards to the Sam character. And he's writing for my fave character! Thanks again for putting it all together. Btw, I'll be back in a few on the list. *god help me*

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X