X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    What do you think that means?!!!

Caty
    Well, I guessed that it meant teaming up with someone. Maybe she has to go undercover and is paired up with someone. Just a guess.

I did not think it meant Ship in any way, shape or form.

What do you think?
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      I really think that you are on to something here.
      AT has almost admitted to same as stated below in a quote.

Spoiler Season 8
      "A far more sinister and unexpected liaison is on the cards for Carter. It really would spoil a whole lot to reveal her accomplice, but let’s just say we get to see a very bad side of the colonel very early on in the season. Tapping reveals that we’ll be seeing a lot more..."Carter has to slide through a tube nekkid...in quite a dark and sinister episode. It has the potential to have consequences for everyone in general, but Carter in particular." (Extract from "We Love Amanda In Uniform" By Thomasina Gibson, Cult Times Special #30, “Feisty Females”, June 2004)

This certainly reveals that TPTB are taking Carter to a gray if not dark area of her character. Maybe they were just tired of her being sooo good.

Doesn't matter to Jack because he will love her flaws and all!
      I just love when one of my theories are confirmed!!!!

I told my managers that the drinking just makes me more creative
      Di

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I understand what you're saying, Brian, and I appreciate that you're trying to protect us -forewarned is forearmed is my motto- but I *truly* believe this 'Jack vision' *will* be used. They might have filmed it at a different time, and it didn't make it into the version this guy has. (I read that thread and I think he's giving away *way* too much.) Or, this 'Jack vision' was suddenly decided upon because of running time -or the shippers suffering- so it's an add-on, like the jello eating scene in Proving Ground. I can't help but believe that if Amanda mentioned it -and she knows the controversy of this issue- it would definitely be something shown. I'm a glass in half full kinda gal, but I'm also a realist, and this realist says that Amanda knew just what she was doing. If I'm wrong, I'll cry and thank you again for looking out for us.

Sally <g>
        I agree that AT knows what was filmed and with RDA being so short on the amount of time he is available to film, I seriously doubt that they would waste one second of footage with him in it.

In addition, as I recall last season, we had someone who spread all kinds of spoiler information saying that they knew this or that and none of it, I repeat, none of it was true. So, I will stick with AT as my reliable source for now.
        Ship Nana

Comment

Oh, I haven't been getting that at all! Yes, she's saying 'lovely Pete' things, BUT she's also saying wonderful S/J things too! And you don't even have to read between the lines. Amanda wants this bf storyline, but she's also aware of the shippers losing their minds, so she's saying positive S/J stuff too. She's said Sam loves Jack, that her feelings for him are not only still there, but will be *shown*. She also wants Sam to accept Jack's fishing invite at the end. Would she accept his invite if she were still shackled to the cop? I don't think so.<g> So you see, Amanda's saying good S/J things, we're just barely seeing them because of her 'also' saying good S/P things too. She's not playing us, just covering all the bases. But she 'does' give this poor old shipper whiplash too.<g> But, Nikkirose, the pro S/J things are there, just wipe the tears from your eyes and you'll see 'em, sweetie.

Sally
          Nikkirose, baby, it's time....you just go ahead and dip those Purple Shipper Cookies in a nice Pinot Grigio. Not only will you start to feel better STAT, but the wine turns a pretty pinkish color..........
          Di

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            I know this has been quoted before but it is worth repeating.

Spoilers For Seaon 8

“O'Neill was back for a brief shining moment last week wherein it was a bit of a dream torture sequence we were filming.” [New Order]. “The dream sequence was actually quite idyllic and it was interesting to see what actually goes on inside Carter’s head. What her ideal future is.” Tapping grins that a lot of the fans are going to like it." (Extract from "We Love Amanda In Uniform" By Thomasina Gibson, Cult Times Special #30, “Feisty Females”, June 2004)

From this quote it looks like we will see what Sam really wants for her future. And since she says that the fans are gonna like it, I doubt it is gonna be with .

I think that this is where Jack comes in. Sam thinks deep down that her ideal future will be with Jack. This certainly opens up the whole Sam/Jack Ship can of worms. Maybe this will just be the starting point for them and gradually over time Sam will work everything out in her head and realize that no matter what IT IS JACK!

All right, all right, so I have been dipping my shipper cookies. Either way I think I am on to something here.
            I'm with you!! They're gonna get their SHIP ON!!!

Di
            Another convert to Shipper Dippin (Cookies dipped in Wine)!!!
            ...hmmm, now if only we can get ice cream in the mix somehow...

Comment

Hehe nice idea but I think i'm gonna stick to eating my ice cream and daydreaming! Wow this thread is very good at cheering people up
              Last edited by Nikkirose; 13 June 2004, 04:00 PM.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
              MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                Yes, we do! Now all we need to do is round up Ewokmonster and Token and we'll have a regular shipper party!

Count me in!!

I already have plans for hubs and kidos on July 9 so I will have the TV to myself. hehehee

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Count me in!!

I already have plans for hubs and kidos on July 9 so I will have the TV to myself. hehehee
                  See you look like you are all cheered up now!!!! Good for you!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

sometimes i wonder if amanda isn't getting David confused with Pete.

david is, from what i've heard, a lovely man. funny, kind, really great to work with.

and if AT hasn't sat down and watched Chimera (she's said that she has a hard time watching herself and has only seen the early seasons) she may not realize just how pete comes across to some.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but Amanda said there 'was' a Jack moment in New Order 2, so who's to be believed? She obviously filmed it. I'm going with Amanda's version.Sally
                      I hate to play the pessimist, but I have to go with someone who saw the filmed episode. We all know that they film things (in addition to "Heroes", I believe there was another scene with Jack filmed in "Space Race" that they didn't use) that don't end up in the final ep, so until I see otherwise--and as much as I would prefer it to be otherwise--have to accept the information from someone who actually saw the episode.

J.
                      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                        I hate to play the pessimist, but I have to go with someone who saw the filmed episode. We all know that they film things (in addition to "Heroes", I believe there was another scene with Jack filmed in "Space Race" that they didn't use) that don't end up in the final ep, so until I see otherwise--and as much as I would prefer it to be otherwise--have to accept the information from someone who actually saw the episode.

J.
                        I have read ALL the spoilers out there and Shippers STILL can hold their heads up and hope...... even what I have read didn't give away every second of the episode nor even every minute.

BCM has the best advice Fellow Shippers....low expections bring Wonderful moments !!!!!
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          sometimes i wonder if amanda isn't getting David confused with Pete.

david is, from what i've heard, a lovely man. funny, kind, really great to work with.

and if AT hasn't sat down and watched Chimera (she's said that she has a hard time watching herself and has only seen the early seasons) she may not realize just how pete comes across to some.

I've really thought the same things, Denise. I know Amanda really likes David, so hearing that he was a bit upset about his character not being liked and accepted, I think she wanted to protect him and is promoting David more than PS. I also wonder if she's watched Chimera. No matter how much I don't want this bf on the scene, I can look at it as a Sam fan and know that I still don't like what he did against her. I think if Sam would have called PS on his antics, I would have mellowed a bit on him. And I say a bit, because I'll *never* want him around. He's 'the other', and my heart will never come to peace with him. Sorry, David, but I can't love the boyfriend. You, on the other hand, are a DeLuise, and that alone makes you a great guy.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1

J.

I understand, but this person got the stripped down version if I understand correctly - the version without the special effects and such. And we know they film things out of order. I feel the odds are in our favor because I don't feel Amanda would mention it, and knowing the shippers would grab onto this as a holy message, without the knowledge that it would be used. So, I feel it'll be used way before it wouldn't. The realist in me says they'll use it.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Well I hope they do use that bit of dream sequence with Jack...because it really would not be fair on the thousands of shippers all over the world who make Stargate such a successfull show ....and if we only see in the dream sequence, I will probably stop to be a fan and concentrate on "Alias" and" True calling"

They 'd better be careful about how they handle it ..because in a dream sequence and not Jack considering that we know that Jack is Sam's only true love will upset so many fans that I reckon they will loose out..cuz nobody will get the DVD's ....and I think the anti-shippers had their fair share in season 5 and 6 ...No ship and Daniel came back for the slash with Jack ...for for them .....and NOW it's the shippers turn ..if somebdoy from TPTB is reading ...that ....the Sam and Jack shippers are nice people ...and all they want is reasolution between Sam and Jack ..Don't ignore them please cuz .....the ship sould have been stopped in season 6 and not be revived in season 7 ...in that case..and bringing a boyfriend for Sam so late in the series is absolutely wrong ....You TPTB should have done it in season 5...and she could have had a relationship with somebdy else for 2 seasons ...and then realize in season 7 that it's Jack she really loves .....

Please TPTB don't cut any Sam and Jack scenes out for the anti-shippers sake ....they can focuss on Daniel and Jack while us Shippers can focuss on Sam and Jack...and there are other forums I go to and nearly everybody is a sam and Jack shipper ..also you just need to look at all the website created for Sam and jack ..all the hard work through sam and Jack collages ..and the romantic videos and fanfics dedicated to Sam and Jack ....it's nearly all for them .....and it's big.They are a fab couple and us shippers want many nice scenes between them so that we can also carry on our labor of love once the show is over ..

Thank you.

Caty

Comment

I don't mean to be negative either but I do recall that AT said she filmed a touching scene with Daniel I believe in Full Circle and yet it was dropped in the final version. Anyway, I for one am going to be a bit more cautious with the spoilers like Shipdaddy said I would rather be surprised with more than with less.

What amazes me is that TPTB can write a whole new spinoff series, but they can't write a way that Jack and Sam can be together, go figure.

Also, I am not so sure that TPTB intended to bring Pete back, that is until all the response they have been getting about him. Remember positive or negative publicity is still publicity and I think they are just capitalizing on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X