This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
    "The breakthrough manifested in several recent TV series is to let women be audacious too. To let women be dark and spontaneous. To let women have mixed motives and gray areas and shady pasts and shaky futures. To let their souls breathe -- even if the result is a rattling cough. "

This got me thinking..even put down the mimosa glass for a minute....

[sniped for lenght]

Now don't get me wrong, we all know EXACTLY what kind of shippy ending this fan requires, even demands, I'm just sayin, maybe TPTB actually are a step ahead of us........
    Have to say that's an interesting thought, not sure I'd say TPTB are ahead of us just on a differnet page

I also have to say that this arc has definately given Sam a "rattling cough" and I wish she could just cough up the iky stuff and get on with the show. (Did I say that out loud? O:-)
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Have to say that's an interesting thought, not sure I'd say TPTB are ahead of us just on a differnet page

I also have to say that this arc has definately given Sam a "rattling cough" and I wish she could just cough up the iky stuff and get on with the show. (Did I say that out loud? O:-)
      I was thinking of being the hairball that Sam was trying to cough up...how's that for a mental image?
      Di

Comment

I was thinking of being the hairball that Sam was trying to cough up...how's that for a mental image?
        Di

This is a good one ..just a little blob and then we could call him Mr blobby

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
          The really sad part about "Chimera" is that Daniel finally saves one (Sarah)from the Goa'uld and it is all but forgotten because of .
          Poor Daniel, the ONLY reason why he is still in the SGC is because of what happened to Sha're, and then it happened to Sarah.
          He saves Sarah and it is overshadowed by some idiot.
          I think you're right, that the Daniel/Sarah/Osiris storyline got the shafts a bit. It really should have been it's own storyline, but I think the writers felt the two stories went together because they were both ship-related in intent. But Daniel's side deserved it's own ep. And I want it to be followed through too. I don't really care if it's Daniel/Sarah shippy, as long as we see what's happened to Sarah and that Daniel can at least rest easy that she's alive and surviving.

I think if they edited out Sam and , it would have been a really good ep.
          I think I agree a small bit.... NOT! Without the bf in the ep and on the show, the entire series would be better!!!

I think that TPTB should follow up on the Daniel and Sarah storyline because it at least has something to do with Stargate.
          And Daniel's peace of mind. And speaking of Daniel, I'd love to see more done with his post-ascension experience. If I remember right, Amanda said they would address it.

I'm hoping that whomever said "I hope season 8 really blows us away" is right!
          Because as far as the "Jack" character goes, being a General and buried under paperwork *and* having Sam with someone else, I can't think of anything more like hell for him.
          He deserves some happiness for all his hard work and sacrafice.
          Both Sam and Jack deserve to be together for all they have done for the planet and the universe.
          Weak substitutes for the real thing just don't cut it.(I'm talking about )
          *nods* Yeppers!

I want a happy ending, dammit!
          LOL! Me too!

I am also a "no" on a season 9, I want this resolved.
          In trying to not sound a like a broken record -too late- the only way I'd handle a season 9 is if the S/J ship issue was resolved in season 8. Get them together, let Jack retire, and then season 9 could be moments of Sam mentioning Jack, and the show focusing on missions and such. Maybe RDA/Jack could make a brief appearance -in his briefs<g>- but the whole agony of 'will they, won't they' and 'when will they and why won't they' will be done with. The S/J ship will be very much in the background, but at least the shippers will know they're together. Happiness all around, and dogs and cats will be living together in harmony!

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
            Wow pretty active forum for a Sunday! I agree that most of the interviews AT has been giving are not really all that positive news for us S/J shippers!

AT said that RDA was shooting in the dream torture sequence ..and it should be idyllic...(the scene with jack ..I mean ....I thought this comment was positive ..have you heard anything else since that?!!!

I really think they(TPTB) should give us a pic with Sam and Jack to calm us down

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Di
              Oh my gosh, my daughter just jumped up and asked me what was wrong because I was laughing so hard at that. I love it!

I spent most of yesterday watching my fav episodes on DVD's since it was stormy, then rounded out the evening with a bunch of fan fic and so I'm so ridiculously sappy about their relationship today. I can't wait to see what the reaction is going to be after the premiere. Just can't wait!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not anything specific, just here and there interviews about her likeing the new bf and that the ending she'd want for Sam and Jack would be for her to finally say yes to jack about fishing thats it... I am looking foward to this season no matter what but i was hoping for more S/J this time around. *Needs some CG cookies and ice cream to cheer me up*

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                  Oh my gosh, my daughter just jumped up and asked me what was wrong because I was laughing so hard at that. I love it!

I spent most of yesterday watching my fav episodes on DVD's since it was stormy, then rounded out the evening with a bunch of fan fic and so I'm so ridiculously sappy about their relationship today. I can't wait to see what the reaction is going to be after the premiere. Just can't wait!!!!!!!!

I bet I know which episodes you watched I hope "New order" will be excellent ..I think it will be ..Jack's return should be "grand" and I have hope for that

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                    Not anything specific, just here and there interviews about her likeing the new bf and that the ending shed want would be for her to finally say yes to jack about fishing... I am looking foward to this season no matter what but i was hoping for more S/J this time around. *Needs some CG cookies and ice cream to cheer me up*

Oh yeah THAT. .....but I think she is being told to talk about but she'd rather talk about Jack ..I just know. cuz she seems to know for a fact that Sam and Jack will end up together .....and I agree it 's bad if they carry on with too much specially on the lovey dovey scenes..but I don't think we'll see that aymore ...I think will be used now to make a comparison between Him and Jack...and who is the best one for Sam..In the dream sequence ..I think we'll se that ..There are so many fans against over the net ..They 'll never put in the dream sequence as the idyllic scene ...They'll do it with Jack cuz for Sam , Jack is the one who supported her all thoses years...and she knows him better too....except on the intimate side ..but then ..she can fantasize in her dream sequence with Jack.

Hope you feel better Don't worry ..it's Jack who has the good role in New order dream sequence ...I'm sure ..it's obvious.

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      Will Sam only be with Pete until mid-season. I get the impression that AT wants Sam and Pete married at the end of the season. Okay-so maybe I am a pessimist and in dire need of an optimistic shipper cookie-so if anyone has one those-send them over. But the articles and the quotes and etc all seem to point in a direction that makes me most unhappy.

You know, I really don't know what Amanda wants, but I *do* know that Amanda's said she'd like Sam and Jack to go fishing at the end. We know what fishing means. Amanda knows what fishing means. Yummy.

In all seriousness, I really, really, really think that Sam and PS will break up and that Sam and Jack will end up together. In what way -overt or a mere fishing invite- I don't know. I have my weak moments, but I truly feel that the powers are leading us towards a Sam/Jack shippy resolution. It's not always easy to look at the big picture when you're being bombarded with PS stuff in articles and on Gateworld itself, but my logical mind swings back in and sees the entire landscape before me. As of next season, 8 years of a subtle romantic storyline will have been played out. And it *will* contine to be played out next season - RDA, Robert Cooper, and Amanda have said so. So logic tells you, why would they continue to show S/J ship if it wasn't meant to be? If Sam were just trying to move on, they wouldn't be showing SHIP between them, just Sam growing closer to PS while fallling further away from Jack. So, fellow shippers, it's not over till the fat lady sings, and the fat lady is singing 'Love Will Keep Us Together!'

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        well How is everyone holding up?
                        Oh, we're fine, honey! We shippers always fall on our feet. We're quite used to this, even though adding 'the other' has been liking going ten rounds with Ali.<g> We prob seem schizophrenic, because it one breath we're ranting about PS and the evils of bfs, and in the next we're rejoicing in Sam and Jack's love. We're nuts, but the powers made us that way! But I quite like that we can go to extremes and recover so easily. It shows we're capable of handling this if we can still find the light in the darkness.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                          I am so glad I had the song and that sending it you worked .
                          And wouldn't we all love it if Sam were really expecting Jacks child .

I have watched 'story of my life' and I love it . I love the song and now I love it even more. I loved how you used 100 days as the centre of it. I have played it over and over again!

~Tracey~

Oh YEAH This song is absolutely smashing and ShipNana loves it too..I love his voice...and I knew that Jack was thinking about Sam all the time in hundred days.

In the video"C'est pour toi" Sam is really expecting Jack's child and he 's very happy about it. They both have such a bond with kids that it can only make them happy ....

Caty aka ShipDiva

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

I hope you're right Catysg1. For now I will just have to keep watching your videos and keep my fingers crossed!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                            MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              I bet I know which episodes you watched I hope "New order" will be excellent ..I think it will be ..Jack's return should be "grand" and I have hope for that

Caty aka ShipDiva
                              I think I can find ship in ANY episode anymore. Of course my all time fav is "Divide and Conquer" - can't imagine why.... but I absolutely love that look she gives him in the end of "The Other Side". I know it wasn't a "ship" scene per se, but it just rips my heart out every time. The first time I saw it, I was like WHOAH! What was that look for??? I rewind it over and over just to see them standing there. YIKES - sorry, big lightning gotta get off the computer now. Happy chatting everyone!

Christy

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                                Spoiler Space s8 "New Order"

A very nice and thoughtful person PM'ed me today and had me looking in the Atlantis folder (a place I've been avoiding, though I have read all the spoilers thus far ).

The following link will take you straigh to "important" post. (Be careful there are Atlantis spoilers and New Order spoilers.)
                                SPOILER -- Comments on advance review copies?

Relevant quote:

And no, no Jack in Carter's induced vision, just Pete and his chin.

So it seems that there will be no Jack-hallucinations in New Order. Honestly I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, I'm just going to wait and see.

(Thanks for the heads up, Kes! )

Yeah, but Amanda said there 'was' a Jack moment in New Order 2, so who's to be believed? She obviously filmed it. I'm going with Amanda's version.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X