This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
    ShipNana, I was JUST thinking that the background check HAD to be illegal when I read your post above...let's get fired!!

Di

Sounds good to me. Isn't there an 800 phone number that we could call or something to report him?! We could disguise our voices and he would never know it was us.
    Ship Nana

Comment

G'Night Y'all.... (Nana, Di, Sal, Brian, GetCarter& everyone else).
      Had to stay up & on to be part of the end of a Thread for the first time....
      It was a nice experience .
      And tomorrow.........a new Thread! Yes!
      See ya in the new one!

<now I'll go take off the exercise clothes I put on 3+ hours ago w/every intention of walking an hour on the treadmill.... oh well... there's always tomorrow! >
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Here, Tame, here's a glass (yes, I KNOW it can hold a gallon, but hush and drink up)....
        feel better??
        Now, repeat after me ...He's a PLOT DEVICE, JUST A PLOT DEVICE.

I truly have to hold on to what little optimism I can scrape up....even IF there is a S9, I really think TPTB will slowly move our couple towards a positive reconciliation. Why, you ask??

Chemistry, Shipper Cookies, blind faith, slips of the lip in interviews, the S/J ship post in S7, fear of really ticking off the multitudes of fans.....pick one, take a good drink and keep the faith.

Di
        Can I dip my Shipper Cookies in that bucket also?

Because if TPTB drag this relationship with Sam and out to Season 9, well TPTB will be kissing alot of very loyal fans GOODBYE!!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

Here, Tame, here's a glass (yes, I KNOW it can hold a gallon, but hush and drink up)....
          feel better??
          Now, repeat after me ...He's a PLOT DEVICE, JUST A PLOT DEVICE.

I truly have to hold on to what little optimism I can scrape up....even IF there is a S9, I really think TPTB will slowly move our couple towards a positive reconciliation. Why, you ask??

Chemistry, Shipper Cookies, blind faith, slips of the lip in interviews, the S/J ship post in S7, fear of really ticking off the multitudes of fans.....pick one, take a good drink and keep the faith.

Di
          Thank you Di !

But I think my rant was a bit misunderstood.... I REALLY believe that TPTB are going to get Sam & Jack together....... But I am VERY UPSET that the promotion dollar is being spent on weird commercials and the INTERVIEWS are so DDL/ ridden

That is what has my dander in such an uproar. This is ALL EVERYONE seems to be talking about....the other episodes don't seem to be getting any of the same press that the DDL episode is.

So with all that in my head I just needed to vent in the only place I thought would understand

So I will take my *Gallon* and go quietly
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            Yes, a there was a heck of alot more ship & skin than any of of us who like SG ever needed or wanted in that episode. I have to admit I was surprised too w/the amount that was in it.

And there's that rubbing it in our faces feeling again, even though I know it's not meant to be felt that way. The writers aren't like that. Period.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              I knew what the episode was going to be about, but I was shocked when Sam's half of the episode was all about them kissing and 'shipping. I was NOT expecting that and it was just so hard to watch. And the fact that they had them in bed together, well, lets just say even in my 'shippiest dreams I wasn't expecting anything like that on Stargate SG-1, the fact that they used "The Obsticle" as the only time in 7 years to show a bedroom scene just made it all the harder to watch.

You've expressed my feelings exactly.

In fact when the second half of the episode started I think I sighed with relief because I knew that Sam wouldn't put up with the crap that he was doing.
              Yep.

I knew that Independant!Sam wouldn't put up with a guy following her, and I knew that Sam would give him what-for for interferring in her work.
              Yep.

The ep sucked.

End of story.

We wish.

K, done venting (for THIS post).

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                Spoilers for S7's Chimera

That's THE moment isn't it? Trying to be fair, I can see PS feeling hurt that Sam didn't share her life with him. He'd just told her big stuff, and she didn't follow the same. So, he's hurt and leaves her. Now, for ME, that bothered me. And it bothered Sam. Maybe it's a female thing, but when you share your body with someone, the last thing you want is to be rejected afterwards. And PS walking out on her, whether he was hurt or not, was a form of rejection. Okay, he's hurt and immediately uses his cop connections to find out what Sam's hinding. I can still go with him here a 'bit', because he's running on hurt feelings. BUT -and here's where he lost me- when he found out that Sam did, in fact, work BIG time high security, he not only didn't drop it, he continued to spy on her. And what else could you could it? I can't really call PS a stalker because his intents were not to hurt or harm Sam, but his actions were borderline stalker because he did stalker-like things. But in reality, he just spied on her. When he got the call back from his FBI buddy, 'that's' when he should have dropped it. He could have went back to Sam and said he's having probs handling this secrecy thing between them. And he should tell her the truth about doing the background check on her. And then drop it. Sam will now know how hard this is for him. Yes, I'd still be mad at him for leaving me that morning, and I'd be even more mad for the background check, but I'd appreciate him telling me the truth. And I'd forgive him. This isn't the way the ep went, instead ignoring his actions and having Sam seemingly accept them. The writers can't erase the damage, but having PS appologize to Sam -whether it's on screen or not- will not only make PS's character look better, it'll make Sam's as well. If PS is 'supposed' to be a good guy, and a good guy for Sam, then fix this mistake and move on. Treat Sam, PS, and the viewers with the respect deserved.

Sally

Sally I agree with everything you have said here.
                My hope is that TPTB will see that we as fans just want Sam to get the respect she deserves and then we can all move on to bigger and better things
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  I have to laugh! One of the reasons I took a break was because I was tired of all the discussion. But you know what...TPTB have spent the majority of THEIR TIME on the discussion as well. Which has just flat out PIS&%#D ME OFF! ( ok I am ok now)
                  Oh, Tame...

(((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))))

I've never been accused of this to my face, but I'm sure there are some ppl that think I obsess on this ep too much. And if they said it to me, I'd say back that the ep has obsessed on me. I'd love to leave it behind me, but how can I if it's always brought up with PS's return? Amanda speaks of him in every interview now. He's going to be in at least two eps. How can I NOT obsess on it? Maybe the Grace alien has taken up residence in Sam's head, and HE'S really PS. I can live with that. As long as figment boy leaves Sam's brain and the show.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by TameFarrar
                    I am worried that one of the reasons that TPTB are working so hard to get our opinion of turned around is because they plan on a S9 and to be a bigger part of the show.
                    If that happens -something I 'don't' think is going to happen- then I'd be gone loooong before season 9 ever started. I can't subject myself to that much misery.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                      Wow, that was.....do you really think she is in love with him? I saw it more as an "I can't have the one man I truly love so I'm just gonna roll around in they hay with you for a few minutes". Seriously though I think that she has put up such walls around her heart and maybe this experience will open her up a bit so she could realize what she is missing. Even though I don't support the relationship with (gag!) I do think that this will make her realize that she is only using him as a substitute for the real deal - at least that's what I hope she's gonna do.

I feel so sorry for AT because i just adore her and I hate that she feels the need to defend the relationship with . At least she is conscious of the fact that the fans want Jack and Sam together - it's inevitable. If it wasn't, they never should have even hinted at any attraction between them. TBTB couldn't be that cruel - could they??

There's a quotation (Shakespeare I think). "Methinks (s)he does protest too much." There's something about these remarks of AT that makes me think she is overdoing it in praising PS for a reason. Either on her own because she has the idea that dislike of PS is dislike of DDL, or she's following the party line to throw fans off track. Using the phrase "protest too much" is usually used the opposite way, when someone acts like she really dislikes someone (a man often) as a way to disguise a budding attraction. Have to add that this often true fact is so ingrained in male-female relations that some male clods can't believe really they are disliked. But my wandering point is that even if PS were not a clod, AT is way overdoing it.

Second idea--just suppose the original spoiler was wrong--it never was PS at the Montana farm, but Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        Of course IMO if one of them hadn't been in the military after a couple of months they would have been dating
                        Oh, I have no doubt that they'd have gotten together pretty quickly!

As for the situations, I can't undersand why they would put them into all those "compromising" situations if they weren't planing on it going somewhere.
                        Which gives me hope, especially that it's NOT been dropped after the bf made his presence known. Yay!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          Sneaks up quietly behind Sal (remember Fred Flintstone's tippytoeing on his 1st 2 toes??) & slides purple cookie into Sal's limp hand. Slowly lifts her hand to her mouth. Mashes cookie in. Pushes her jaw a couple times & grabs Di's wine glass to wash it all down hr throat. Stands back the leans forward & peers into Sal's eyes. Pupils are beginning to dilate. A slight blush is growing.....

I think she'll make it. More purple cookies stat!

Wow, I feel *great!

*waves*

Hi, Stimmeringshar! Hi fellow spippers!

*hiccup*

I love you guys!

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                            Wow, that was.....do you really think she is in love with him? I saw it more as an "I can't have the one man I truly love so I'm just gonna roll around in they hay with you for a few minutes".
                            Seriously, no I don't. But AT kinda acted it like that in the end scene to me, which hurt. I don't think she was in love, just quite smitten with him. But that alone left me wondering 'are we looking at the same guy?'<g>

Seriously though I think that she has put up such walls around her heart and maybe this experience will open her up a bit so she could realize what she is missing. Even though I don't support the relationship with (gag!) I do think that this will make her realize that she is only using him as a substitute for the real deal - at least that's what I hope she's gonna do.
                            I like the way this sounds. I can go with this.

I feel so sorry for AT because i just adore her and I hate that she feels the need to defend the relationship with .
                            I've said this before, but I think Amanda's defending DDL and the desire to play out this bf scenario more than defending PS. Just my opinion, though.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              Instead of humming in the elevator Sam should have told Jack her reasons for seeing Pete.That was the moment to finally have the adult conversation.
                              That moment had to have hurt Jack, and I think it showed. RDA played it great when he was leaving the elevator.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                That is what has my dander in such an uproar. This is ALL EVERYONE seems to be talking about....the other episodes don't seem to be getting any of the same press that the DDL episode is.

So with all that in my head I just needed to vent in the only place I thought would understand

So I will take my *Gallon* and go quietly

A gallon, Tame? Only over-indulge in shipper cookies, hon!

I think the powers and Amanda are getting a lot of anti-bf/Chimera letters, so maybe all the press and talk about him is because of that.

Sally

ps - I keep expecting a new thread to start???
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X