This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    That is just too funny!!!! ... I would have to say that the leaving *The problem with Pete is...* would at least leave it open to whatever the person thinks...... So if they go Un-PG well they have no one to blame but themselves
    I agree with Tame on this one Zats....if they think it, well.....
    Desperate Thunker

Comment

LOL...I know you do Sally (((((((((Sally)))))))) that is why I was very clear to say I was NOT speaking for everyone

I still want to have them doing *some* stuff with that Big Round Spinning Thing so I can handle sam & Jack being a back story.

What follows is TOTALLY MADE UP FROM MY OWN BRAIN WITH THE HELP OF READING TO MUCH FANFICTION

That is the reason that I think that having Jack become The alpha site commander is the VERY best option. WHY?? well a number of reasons..

1- It would be a VERY plausible reason for NOT always seeing RDA on the screen BUT we could have radio or video transmissions (those are quick filming moments)

2-Sam DOES NOT LOSE her rank or ALL that she has worked for her WHOLE life.
      I have a real problem with Sam being the one who would give up her commission. She worked to damn hard to get it and Jack would never ask her to do that. One of the MANY reasons HE is the best man for her. I realize she could stay at the SGC as a scientist BUT she worked her A$$ off to be a pilot & an Officer and she deserves to keep EVERYTHING. One of the many reasons so many female fans look up to this character is BECAUSE she has not had to give up being a female in a man's world or because of a man. I would hate to see TPTB go so blatantly stereotypical NOW.

3- There are MANY reasons for there to be Gate travel on a continous basis to and from the Alpha site. Supplies and personnel and the like. Sam is only a minute away if she basically lived there with Jack on her off time.

4- The Alpha site is also a plausible reason for Sam to be unavailible for a few episodes - if the Gate is down for some reason and Sam has to work from THAT side of the Gate - again radio or video transmissions would be the way to go YET AT would be accomadated if she needs time. Sam & Jack were Honeymooning OR just settling Jack in...whatever BUT they are together.

Basically I want ALL of the Team to be there BUT I am realistic and I KNOW this is not going to happen so I am trying to think of REALISTIC ways that MAYBE TPTB can do this and I will still enjoy the show.

What it will boil down to is what they ACTUALLY put up on the screen and if I like it I will be there EVERY FRIDAY ...and if I don't .......well I guess Enterprise will be getting a new viewer on Fridays instead of on those repeats on Sunday

and if you read all the way down to here YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Thank you for reading my LONG SOAP BOX POST!!!!! ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
      ((((((((((((Tame))))))))))) I love it when you get on your soapbox! I like this scenario very much!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
        Hello Campers!

I thought I'd share my latest creation . . . dunno if the false gods of the forum will approve but I thought it was good fun!

http://webpages.charter.net/mactagert/sig3.jpg

I might keep it, not sure . . .
        ROFLMAO!!!! I always suspected this!!!
        sigpic

Comment

What if I were to leave, "The problem with Pete is . . ." and just leave it at that. That way if anyone is offended then . . . well frankly I don't really care if they get offended but it won't be because I spelled anything out for them, it'll be because of their own mind . . . cause she could be talking about his bank account being small, his back hair, his toenails, whatever
          Here is Pete's future, without Sam:

Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called 'Yam.' Of course, they wanted the best for her.

When it was time, they told Yam about the facts of life. They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

Yam said not to worry, no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her! But on the other hand, she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either. She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her Shoestring cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland and the greasy guys from France called the French Fries. And when she went out west, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say 'Frito Lay.'

Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University) so that when she graduated ! she'd really be in the Chips. But in spite of all they did for her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

"Tom Brokaw!?"

Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset. They told Yam she couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just ...........

A COMMON TATER !

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            ((((((((((((Tame))))))))))) I love it when you get on your soapbox! I like this scenario very much!
            ((((((((BEV)))))))) Now if you can just find a GREAT Shippy moment of the day to go with it ... We will be set... I love it when you are happy !!!!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
              Here is Pete's future, without Sam:

Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called 'Yam.' Of course, they wanted the best for her.

When it was time, they told Yam about the facts of life. They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

Yam said not to worry, no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her! But on the other hand, she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either. She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her Shoestring cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland and the greasy guys from France called the French Fries. And when she went out west, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say 'Frito Lay.'

Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University) so that when she graduated ! she'd really be in the Chips. But in spite of all they did for her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

"Tom Brokaw!?"

Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset. They told Yam she couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just ...........

A COMMON TATER !
              Oh Kri THAT is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Thank you for making my day!!!!!
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                See, to me, sam made her decision in grace. Then we don't see pete until chimera and it's sort of a 'whammo' moment. Pete comes out of the blue.

Now, if they had mentioned him between grace and chimera, then he would be a bit more established and less of a surprise

that's part of what i mean. We don't need indepth scenes, just a mention tokeep things fresh. Such as sam mentioning to daniel about cassie's situation...which, BTW, the show NEVER established.

Little things like this enrich the show as a whole. They're a reward for all the loyal viewers, while not slowing down the plot for the casual viewer. A throw away line here and there wouldn't confuse folks.
                Just as I think the large cast of minor characters give a certain depth to the show, talking about people who aren't present would as well. We would see the team as real people. It would have been better if as an aside Sam mentioned her brother was always trying to fix her up. Could have gotten some good Jack reactions and made the advent of the spud not such a bolt out of the blue.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

((((((((BEV)))))))) Now if you can just find a GREAT Shippy moment of the day to go with it ... We will be set... I love it when you are happy !!!!
                  I'm perusing my piccies as we speak. Watch this space...
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh Kri THAT is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Thank you for making my day!!!!!
                    Well thank YOU for the little scenario you typed out. I had never thought about Jack going to the Alpha site. It would work perfectly! I just don't want them to be apart too terribly often, but it would explain his absense from the show. I do believe tho, that even WHEN TPTB make the shippers happy by putting Sam and Jack permanently together, the absense of RDA next season is going to be the death of the show.

My personal opinion is that the show was and is at its best when all four team members are working together, and when they go OFF WORLD. I love the occasional Earth based episodes, but without the entire team dynamic, the show is seriously lacking. jmho!!

Comment

Hello Campers!

I thought I'd share my latest creation . . . dunno if the false gods of the forum will approve but I thought it was good fun!

I might keep it, not sure . . .
                      hahahahahahahahaha I'm a royal guard now
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        Tame

The Alpha site is a good idea but it seems to me that Jack likes to relax at home or in his cabin when off work ..I can perhaps see him do just that ...and may be be on call if they really need him as a civilian for a dirty job. I think he can't wait to retire or at least will be happy with that.

Or maybe they'll build a cabin on the alpha site ..Hope there is a lake there too (I remember a river where sam got some water to drink from in Deathknell)...and they can move all his personnal belongings too and Sam with him when needs be....hehehehe and he can still be a civilian taking care of that matter and He 'll need Sam too because of her scientific expertise .

Caty
                        I'm not crazy about the Alpha site cause now we have half the galaxy between Sam and Jack - you know how expensive it is to run the RST. I'd rather keep them on the same planet, same house, same bed! Now Both at the Alpha site would be okay - we probably should start a colony.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Oh goodness, first picture from Threads has been posted in the Season 8 thread, I'll see if this link works:
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6219
                          Everyone go see, it's an eye-opener!

Spoilers

There are supposed to be more pictures to come. If I wasn't pretty sure how this episode was going to turn out I would be upset

Damn, that man is beautiful, I just wish the woman in his arms was SAM! They'll save that scene for the end of the season...they had better since we have already gotten a bed scene with Sam and Pete, and now Jack and Kerry! They OWE us!
                          Last edited by Goshengirl; 24 November 2004, 10:31 AM.

Comment

did any of people see this pic from threads yet?

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...showtopic=1257

Comment

LOL..I can TOTALLY see Jack *retiring* to his cabin

BUT What I am trying to figure out is a way to KEEP BOTH in their present jobs that would be a *plausible* explanation for WHY Jack would be involved in anything AND Sam would be able to KEEP everything AND See Jack on a regular basis.

Also as much as I would love to *think* of Jack as a *House Husband* and taking care of the *babies*..WHO will watch them if Jack needs to be called in???

So I am just trying to think of ways that BOTH Sam & Jack MIGHT be able to BOTH still be part of the SGC and BE together.

In the *Real World* one of them would have already done something to fix this situation and they would be living happily ever after BUT they have the added bonus of being fictional AND having to live down some VERY BAD WRITING already...........so I am just throwing out ideas that might seem MORE REALISTIC for a Sci-Fi show

For me as a fan...To know that Jack is just sitting on his butt at his cabin in Minnisota while the rest are working away at the SGC...well it kind of ruins the character for me. HE DESERVES IT !!!! BUT This is a TV show and I want to know that the Jack character is active in the program.

So if he is even just hanging out at home in Colorado it still is a boring thing to do to the character. Now that we have seen Jack as a General we know what he would be dealing with if he went to Command somewhere close by. It does NOT have to be the Alpha site........THAT was just an idea.

Mainly I just want BOTH characters still active in the SGC program AND together. I don't want to think that because they got together One of them had to give up anything that was important to each.

yeah ..I know Tame ..retirement could be a bit boring for Jack ...I mean ..he has got both his legs ..I know his knee is a bit weak ...but he is still very fit and yummy so I suppose he'll be up on his legs all the time wondering if Sam is OK ...He was retired before Children of gods but I suppose he had no strings attached anymore back then ...His ex wife decided to move on with her life and I suppose he probably won't leave Sam out of his sight too much once he has her ..Fair enough .

Left shift them both to Alpha site with Sam going back to Earth slightly more often than Jack ..and let make sure the president allows them to have a cabin up there or a nice house with a pool too.

Caty

Comment

I think I have 'ship block'

I can't think of anything shippy.

That's why I haven't been posting much.

*rocks back and forth, hugging herself*

Someone post a shippy scene or speculation or anything REEEEEEEEELLY REEEEEELLY shippy!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X