X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtLisa
    and I love your new sig Aunt Sally

Thanks! The credit really goes to Tame, though, because she's not only the person that gave me the idea, but choose the pic. I told her I wanted to choose my own, but her choice kept popping in the head. (it hurts to have something pop in your head ) BUT, Tame will NOT give me anymore ideas! Right Tame? I want to choose the next in the series.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Oh yeah ..and ..and ...and ..the clone Sam can have Pete

Caty

God, YES!!!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        <snip>

I want to choose the next in the series.

Sally
        Hmmm.....what else could the O'Neill's be doing?!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          I can't seem to brush this off with a Plot Device broom. If quality is important then it does matter how is viewed by the fans. If TPTB want to keep then all they have to do is address the problem. He could just apologize, and Sam could forgive him then the writers could get on with the Plot Device. It can't be that complicated. could still be portrayed as a nice guy who made a mistake. Glossing over what did shows no respect for me, a humble fan, who enjoys Stargate SG1 for its quality and entertainment value. I believe in the talent of the writers and know they could fix this problem. IMHO, it is a problem.
          IF they address the issue it will probably be along the lines of them having a spat, and Pete saying something like "I've already apologized for that."

However I highly doubt they will address the issue which is why, for me, it's easier to attempt to accept what I'm being told, despite my misgivings, so that I can hopefully enjoy season 8. However somehow I have a feeling I'll still need to come here and vent from time to time
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
            Have you seen the convention conversation with at and ms? A fan asked at if was appearing and when are her and jack gonna get it on. Answer AT with, yes he will be appearing but i would like jack to ask sam for the final time lets go fishing and she says yes!!!!!!!!

I've heard it and I LOVE it! If that happens like that, I can't wait to see Sam's face when he asks her, and Jack's face when she says yes!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              IF they address the issue it will probably be along the lines of them having a spat, and Pete saying something like "I've already apologized for that."

However I highly doubt they will address the issue which is why, for me, it's easier to attempt to accept what I'm being told, despite my misgivings, so that I can hopefully enjoy season 8.

I can't see how one teeny, tiny admission could ruin TPTB's plans. It would be a way of saying to me, a fan, "You're not crazy. We see your point. Now let's get on with getting Sam and Jack together. " I hope Season 8 doesn't not depend on me enjoying in any way except Sam dumping him.

Originally posted by bcmilco
              However somehow I have a feeling I'll still need to come here and vent from time to time
              Unfortunately, venting will be needed. I hope Ship Nana has some extra, super-powerful cookies ready.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                I only have one more thing to say about this Spoiler and that is that AT had to go and mention .

"Carter is unabashadly set to continue her romance with Detective Pete Shanahan, played by the delectable David DeLuise. “Pete is a pretty good guy,” says Tapping. “He’s open and he is honest. He’s warm, friendly and very sexy. Pete is one of the good guys and a very good guy for Sam.” curteousy of Stargate Sg-1 Solutions.

I didn't post this part because it's been there/done that now. It's *so* nice to have some PRO Sam/Jack stuff written to even out the misery. <g>

Why does everything with Jack have to be either in a dream, in her head or AU while everything with is in the real universe, not a dream and not in her head.

Those pesky regs! *sticks tongue out at ol' meanie regs*

Yea, we are probably gonna get Sam/Jack ship but it is never in the context that we want it. And then TPTB feel like we should be happy and grateful.

Never say never my shipper friend. Right 'now' it'll be done as to not offend the regs, but when bf and the circumstances for keeping them apart are gone... LOOK OUT!

Well, guess what?! I'm not and I won't be until we see our REAL SHIP come in!!!

I believe we will! Might have to surf some stormy seas (regs), incur a hurricane (bf), and ride out a dead calm (the writers anal need to stretch out scenarios till your ears bleed), but I think we'll get our shippy ending. PLEASE!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Aunty Sally your clones have escaped!!!!!!!!

Oh, man!....

*glares at ShipDaddy for not taking care of them*

Well, let's hope that SamClone number three isn't the one in the ep... Jack'll never walk again.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but doesn't even deserve clone Sam!!!!!

... I think he deserves Anise/Freya! Both don't mean what they say, and say what they mean. Ha!

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

<snip>

Those pesky regs! *sticks tongue out at ol' meanie regs*

Yea, we are probably gonna get Sam/Jack ship but it is never in the context that we want it. And then TPTB feel like we should be happy and grateful.
                      Never say never my shipper friend. Right 'now' it'll be done as to not offend the regs, but when bf and the circumstances for keeping them apart are gone... LOOK OUT!

Yeah, ya know, I gotta get me some of those regs!! They are stronger than duct tape.

I believe we will! Might have to surf some stormy seas (regs), incur a hurricane (bf), and ride out a dead calm (the writers anal need to stretch out scenarios till your ears bleed), but I think we'll get our shippy ending. PLEASE!

Sally
                      It's a good thing I know how to prepare for hurricanes and stormy seas.

*checks list: bottled water and Shipper cookies* Yep, I'm set.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

If Clone sam is deranged, a clone is never perfect, then she'll be a good match for He is far from perfect....a match made in Hell

Caty

Maybe Sam clone's the one that's been with PS all along!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't see how one teeny, tiny admission could ruin TPTB's plans. It would be a way of saying to me, a fan, "You're not crazy. We see your point. Now let's get on with getting Sam and Jack together. " I hope Season 8 doesn't not depend on me enjoying in any way except Sam dumping him.

Okay now you're just twisting my words!

I never Said that I would enjoy Pete or that you should or anyone for that matter. What I was saying is that if he's supposed to be a nice/good guy and if I try to think of him that way then his actions in season 8 will probably make more sense (ie his not apologizing, assuming he doesn't), and thus I won't be as bothered by him and thus I'll enjoy the show more. That doesn't mean I don't want him gone as of three months ago. It just means I'll try and see their way no matter how wrong I may think they are.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                            Just a little waxing philosophic here,
                            OK, I should know better at this point, but I was checking out other threads. Why?? you might well ask...initially I was interested in searching out other viewpoints, ideas, and discussions on SG1. Then, as always, I was drawn back to my fav topic, the wonderful world of Ship (specifically, Sam and Jack's). Now, I hesitate to disparage anyone elses' opinions, but I truly don't understand how anyone can NOT see the chemistry AT and RDA have with each other. For example, I recently read several posts that referred to their LACK of chemistry. FCOL, what do they need, a 2 megaton hygrogen bomb explosion?? If the chemistry was any more palpable, our tv screens would start to drip perspiration. .

Tell me, my shipper family, are we delusional? Have we watched too many music vids, read too many fanfics? Or is ship REALLY in the eye of the beholder?

bemusedly, Di

I think this is a very interesting topic. I think it's in the eye of the beholder. Amanda and DDL have said that they have chemistry together, but I don't feel it. And I use the word 'feel' on purpose. Warren Beatty and Annette Benning are married, so they obviously have chemistry together. And I don't feel it between them. I've seen them together in a movie and was left cold. The moment I saw Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger together, I felt their chemistry lept off the screen. I found out that they started having an affair during the shoot and later ended up marrying. Now, they're divorced now <g>, but that chemistry was there! For me. So it really doesn't bother me when ppl say they don't see the S/J or A/R chemistry, because it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

We need all the family together as we await the glorious new season of Stargate SG1 when Sam and Jack will finally commit their hearts and lives to one another.

We are *so* mushy! And I mean WE. This Sam/Jack thing haunts us. It's taken over our dreams and desires. This gentle and powerful love story has played out in front of us for 7 years, and played into our hearts like it's a part of our own souls. I think I can speak of ALL fans of this show -not just S/J shippers- when I say that these wonderful characters will forever be our friends. And on what melodramatic note, I'm done.<g>

Sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 11 June 2004, 09:01 PM. Reason: well... you see... it's all about details
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                                I have definitely been reading too much fanfic tonight cause I feel like the lines are starting to blur on their relationship. How much longer are we gonna have to wait??

I think fanfic's done that to me too. I LOVE fics, but it's like I've already seen what they're like together, in *every* way, so I want to see it on the show too. And letting us see Sam in a relationship with her bf has only hightened our 'need' to see S/J like this now. I wouldn't trade my wonderful fanfics for anything, but it's upped my desire to see it played out on the screen. Well, that's 'part' of what upped it... *grumbles about the b the won't f off*.... can I say that?

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X