X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    hee hee hee

What cookies you been eatin' Nana?

Ahhh Cookies? What cookies? *wipes Yellow Shipper Cookie crumbs quickly off of chin*
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
      the Asgard are going to make a mini Carter for mini Jack
      That along with two other ideas have been floating around my head off and on, and I've been thinking about writting them into a fanfic just to make them go away...

Only problem is I'm a terrible writer, and I like to do things well if I'm going to do them at all.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

That smiley is so totally me........With the back of the head-ache/neckache I've had since midday yesterday (Advil's only cutting it a bit) (& no it's not related to problems w/this site! ) I can identify w/that smiley in a big way today.
        Thank you so much for it. I'll just sit here & zone in on it for a while......
        (And I must really take smiley lessons from the masters one of these days!)

Sounds like you need a BIG Shipper Hug!!! So here goes

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ShimmeringStar))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Feeling a little better now?
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
          Do you think that the Asgard are going to make a mini Carter for mini Jack and show the real ones what they are missing
          There's a good fanfic using exactly that premise but I can't remember where I read it. I'll think about it some, maybe have a purple shipper cookie to jog the ol' memory...
          Di

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            It is rather disconcerting just how much Pete has been mentioned in all the articles and interviews. But I honestly believe that's a good thing.

I think they wanted him to be a good guy. I think they wanted him to be a really nice guy, but I think the writers screwed it up, they left plot hole after plot hole that made him look like a jerk. If he was supposed to be a jerk I don't think they would have made a big deal out of it.

Basically I think they are trying to convince us that he's a nice guy because they need him to be a nice guy.

IMO they need Pete to be a nice guy because they want Pete to keep Sam and Jack apart until TPTB are ready to get them together.

My guess is that they don't want to introduce another bf since they already have Pete, and since he was supposed to be a nice guy they figure they can just tell us he's a nice guy and then play him as a nice guy and everything will be okay. I think they are just going to push ahead and keep him, because in the long run, he's just a Plot Device and doesn't matter.

Unfortunately they aren't considering what it looks like for the character of Sam and how bad it makes her look, by putting up with his behavior. Not to mention the fact that this whole arc has both sides of the fence complaining that she's not the character she once was

Ok, Ok is a, gag me, nice guy. Now can we get on with getting Sam and Jack together?
            Ship Nana

Comment

I have been working 2 jobs lately
              (it really cuts in on my Stargate time,dammit!)
              and at the second job today, I was walking around saying "I'm too old for this s*&t" like Danny Glover's character in the "Lethal Weapon" series, which while on a break I was thinking that TPTB are really big on "homages" to other movies.(see? I even think about Stargate at work!)
              Anyhoo I was thinking it would be cool to see Sam and Jack act like Mel Gibson's and Renee Russo's characters in "Lethal Weapon 3" they could
              "show each other their scars" and if you've seen the movies , you know what *that* lead to!!
              Then while Sam's beating up 4 Jaffa, Jack can sit there and say "Honey, do you need some help?" and she answers "No, I got it" while she kicks one of them in the face and procedes to mop the floor with the other ones while Jack proudly says "That's my girlfriend" to some innocent bystander.
              hehehe

Then like in "Lethal Weapon 4" Ry'ac gets married and so do Sam and Jack and Sam and Ry'ac's wife are pregnant and they both go into labor at the same time.Teal'c's gonna be a grandpa and Jack's gonna be a father again and they can both be nervous together (I would love to see Teal'c nervous!) and Sam is screaming and yelling at Jack 'cause she's in pain and then they have the kids and they all stand around cooing at the babies!
              hehehe! Wouldn't that be great??
              I'll file that under "Stargate homage scenes I'd like to see!"

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                Yes, I read that too and *I* ALMOST BARFED (and believe me, my kids have made sure I have a STRONG stomach)! I was like, "Would you quit riding the fence?!!!!!" I'm DDL is very nice and all that but PTUI is NOT!!!!! I'm hoping that bit that Sally posted means what we all hope! She *DID* say that *A LOT* of people would be happy, I'm hoping that means the majority of her fans who are SHIPPERS! I'm kind of hoping that she's not just saying it to yank our chains though, b/c if that's the case I'd rather have SILENCE!
                Yep, don't try to fool me into watching another disaster...I usually watch SG1 reruns no matter what, but I've found myself quite strong lately regarding Chernobyl...it's on right now (AGAIN, yeesh) and I'm down in my home office talking to you folks. Never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, NEVER watching that one again.
                Never.
                Since SG1 is my favorite show, it's saying a lot for me to miss it....hope there are no other episodes that will hang on the same TV SCREEN OF SHAME.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  Feel free to rant away!

I don't think even the NASTIEST of bad guys have gotten this much publicity!!!!!!!!!! It's like they REFUSE to admit what a CREEP he is--so they're cramming him down out throats!!!! In fact--I'm not sure DANIEL got this much publicity when he came back at the beginning of S7!! They seem to be putting out a DELUGE of biblical proportions to get us to accept him!! Well, NO WAY! NO HOW!! NOT GONNA DO IT!!

Oh, Oh, I've got an idea.....we have to get that guy from Conan to do another armchair rage/rant thing, like he did about not liking Daniel Jackson returning...I bet HE could get TPTB's attention!!

since they apparently aren't paying any attention to us shippers
                  Di

Comment

I'm watching it right now but it's more out of duty than anything. I do love the elevator scene though. But I swear when P got up out of that bed and walked out on her I wanted to scream! What a jerk!! Shoulda been Jack in that bed anyway!!! Oh well, guess I'll go watch the My Confession video again.....it'll calm my nerves....

Comment

That smiley is so totally me........With the back of the head-ache/neckache I've had since midday yesterday (Advil's only cutting it a bit) (& no it's not related to problems w/this site! ) I can identify w/that smiley in a big way today.
                      Thank you so much for it. I'll just sit here & zone in on it for a while......
                      (And I must really take smiley lessons from the masters one of these days!)
                      Oh ((((((((((((ShimmeringStar))))))))))))
                      take some X-Strength Tylenol, honey...take 2.....then some Blue Shipper cookies...then a glass of wine....do NOT dip the cookies in wine, that's for another type of pain relief....

I've also had some problems with getting on this site, and I even have broadband connection (VERY fast), but I empathize. I tend to jump to some fanfic or music vids and/or pop in a couple of DVDs...helps with the withdrawal shakes

Di

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                        and at the second job today, I was walking around saying "I'm too old for this s*&t" like Danny Glover's character in the "Lethal Weapon" series, which while on a break I was thinking that TPTB are really big on "homages" to other movies.(see? I even think about Stargate at work!)
                        Anyhoo I was thinking it would be cool to see Sam and Jack act like Mel Gibson's and Renee Russo's characters in "Lethal Weapon 3" they could
                        "show each other their scars" and if you've seen the movies , you know what *that* lead to!!
                        Then while Sam's beating up 4 Jaffa, Jack can sit there and say "Honey, do you need some help?" and she answers "No, I got it" while she kicks one of them in the face and procedes to mop the floor with the other ones while Jack proudly says "That's my girlfriend" to some innocent bystander.
                        hehehe

Then like in "Lethal Weapon 4" Ry'ac gets married and so do Sam and Jack and Sam and Ry'ac's wife are pregnant and they both go into labor at the same time.Teal'c's gonna be a grandpa and Jack's gonna be a father again and they can both be nervous together (I would love to see Teal'c nervous!) and Sam is screaming and yelling at Jack 'cause she's in pain and then they have the kids and they all stand around cooing at the babies!

waterfall
                        LMAO!!!I could TOTALLY see Jack and Sam in those scenes...especially the ones comparing scars and wounds. It could start with Jack groaning about his knee or something and Sam telling him not to be a big baby, she's had a lot worse happen...and then the stripping...er...comparisons commence!!
                        hehhehheh

Di

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                          hehehe

waterfall
                          I love this idea!!! You should be a paid writer for the show!!!

One thing for sure, the Shippers would be alot happier if you were!!!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                            Oh Sally, for ME????

Yep!

You're forgiven for the original omission

Thank you! pushy broad

Feelin the love again (esp with 2 JackClones on the way!)
                            Two JackClones? Wow, we might never see you again!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              It is rather disconcerting just how much Pete has been mentioned in all the articles and interviews. But I honestly believe that's a good thing.

I think they wanted him to be a good guy. I think they wanted him to be a really nice guy, but I think the writers screwed it up, they left plot hole after plot hole that made him look like a jerk. If he was supposed to be a jerk I don't think they would have made a big deal out of it.

Basically I think they are trying to convince us that he's a nice guy because they need him to be a nice guy.

IMO they need Pete to be a nice guy because they want Pete to keep Sam and Jack apart until TPTB are ready to get them together.

My guess is that they don't want to introduce another bf since they already have Pete, and since he was supposed to be a nice guy they figure they can just tell us he's a nice guy and then play him as a nice guy and everything will be okay. I think they are just going to push ahead and keep him, because in the long run, he's just a Plot Device and doesn't matter.

<snip>
                              I can't seem to brush this off with a Plot Device broom. If quality is important then it does matter how is viewed by the fans. If TPTB want to keep then all they have to do is address the problem. He could just apologize, and Sam could forgive him then the writers could get on with the Plot Device. It can't be that complicated. could still be portrayed as a nice guy who made a mistake. Glossing over what did shows no respect for me, a humble fan, who enjoys Stargate SG1 for its quality and entertainment value. I believe in the talent of the writers and know they could fix this problem. IMHO, it is a problem.

Token ~

Comment

Spoiler Space s8 Sacrifice

Okay People some of you were worried about the wedding that is going to be occuring this season, well I have news for you. It IS going to be Ry'ac who get's married.

S8 Update Sacrifice

Relevant quote:
                                It seems the Big Guy is less than thrilled to discover son Ryac's wedding plans!
                                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Working...
                                X