This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    I only have one more thing to say about this Spoiler and that is that AT had to go and mention .

"Carter is unabashadly set to continue her romance with Detective Pete Shanahan, played by the delectable David DeLuise. “Pete is a pretty good guy,” says Tapping. “He’s open and he is honest. He’s warm, friendly and very sexy. Pete is one of the good guys and a very good guy for Sam.” curteousy of Stargate Sg-1 Solutions.

Why does everything with Jack have to be either in a dream, in her head or AU while everything with is in the real universe, not a dream and not in her head.

Somebody is all mixed up.

Yea, we are probably gonna get Sam/Jack ship but it is never in the context that we want it. And then TPTB feel like we should be happy and grateful.

Well, guess what?! I'm not and I won't be until we see our REAL SHIP come in!!!

It is time for another covert Shipper Cookie Switch!!!!!!
    Absolutely right Shipnana, and I REALLY had a problem with the adjectives used to describe that stalking, post sex Sam-dissing, spying, distrustful, cheap, goober faced buttinsky !!!

breathe Di, remember to breathe...Ohmmm, Ohmmm,

D#$%it, just WHO moved my shipper cookies....

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Yeah I know I do the same too .BUT I watch the video with it.,..and it's a pretty new song....I saw him on the video channel last saturday .... wrote the song down and got it....then I listened to it many times and thought if I could do something for Sam and Jack ....and then I thought about hundred days my version .....Did you like the video too?!!

Caty aka ShipDiva
      Oh yes very much soooo!!! I especially liked the way you put the scenes together to tell the story of the song!! You are soooooo good at that!
      Ship Nana

Comment

I just got the chance to read the excerpt from the Dreamwatch article. Jeesh just won't fade into the background, will he? It seems that every article I've read recently concerning Stargate SG-1 mentions him. I don't believe that I've ever seen a supporting character, except for the bad guys, get as much publicity as has been getting. TPTB are either trying to cover their butts with regard to 's characterization flaws (or AT has taken it upon herself to do so for them) or they are intentionally wanting to keep the pot broiling.

"...open and honest..." Ya gotta be kidding!

"...very sexy..." Sorrrry. Jack is sexy. Teal'c and Daniel are sexy. ,no comparison. Nothing personal against the actor here - I just don't think that came across as a very sexy man. I'm afraid that no matter what anyone says or no matter how they portray him in the future, I will never be able to like the character. As the saying goes, first impressions...

Just my little afternoon rant.
        Munchmunchmunch. Can't seem to get enough of those shipper cookies.

Comment

He's cute in a puppy sort of way, maybe, but sexy?? No.... I started watching Stargate when it first came on years ago and then it got lost in TV land somewhere so I only picked it back up this season - (made up for lost time and watched ALL DVD sets in a month. ) The first ep I saw was Chimera and I kept asking my husband - didn't she like Jack? I just can't picture P as the love of her life. I mean come one. He just doesn't click. Although I'm pretty sure I'm prejudiced about it.

I keep trying to read between the lines on all of the articles and just wind up frustrated. I think AT, bless her heart, is just so super nice that she feels she needs to defend P. Unfortunately, it's a losing battle...

Love the

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
            Absolutely right Shipnana, and I REALLY had a problem with the adjectives used to describe that stalking, post sex Sam-dissing, spying, distrustful, cheap, goober faced buttinsky !!!

breathe Di, remember to breathe...Ohmmm, Ohmmm,

D#$%it, just WHO moved my shipper cookies....

Di

(((((((((((((((((((((((DI)))))))))))))))))))))

THAT is what was missing from my day.....That you for that great laugh Di and I am sorry that someone moved your cookies!!!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              I'm sorry but doesn't even deserve clone Sam!!!!!

This crashing board really getting on my nerve I'm losing my patience.

Anyway i 'll ty again.....second try for that post.

If Clone sam is deranged, a clone is never perfect, then she'll be a good match for He is far from perfect....a match made in Hell

On the other hand.sam and Jack are a match made in Heaven

Caty

Comment

Just a little waxing philosophic here,
                OK, I should know better at this point, but I was checking out other threads. Why?? you might well ask...initially I was interested in searching out other viewpoints, ideas, and discussions on SG1. Then, as always, I was drawn back to my fav topic, the wonderful world of Ship (specifically, Sam and Jack's). Now, I hesitate to disparage anyone elses' opinions, but I truly don't understand how anyone can NOT see the chemistry AT and RDA have with each other. For example, I recently read several posts that referred to their LACK of chemistry. FCOL, what do they need, a 2 megaton hygrogen bomb explosion?? If the chemistry was any more palpable, our tv screens would start to drip perspiration. .

Tell me, my shipper family, are we delusional? Have we watched too many music vids, read too many fanfics? Or is ship REALLY in the eye of the beholder?

bemusedly, Di

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                  I am really getting so tired of the Error message I keep getting. I have even tried to post sometimes when I do get in and for some reason I go back to the error message. Our old home is looking better and better.
                  Yes, I think we're ALL getting tired of the error messages/site being down! Wonder what's up with that? Wish they'd tell us something!

Originally posted by Nickatell
                  I can not wait until July 9, there had better be some warm, fuzzy Jack and Sam moments or else. I have missed you guys, I feel like the door to the house is locked and I can only peek inside the windows with the stupid error message. I better tell you guys everything because heaven only knows when I can get back on again. What is the problem?????????? Tame I am so glad you are back and totally understand the reason for the break. Marimba and Caty your videos describe the relationship that Jack and Sam should have. You guys are fabulous. Ship Nana what can I say, I can smell those delicious cookies all the way over here.
                  ((((((((((((((((((Lynn)))))))))))))))))) We've missed you too! Thanks about the vids--glad you enjoyed them!

Originally posted by nickatell
                  I have to say I also agree with you guys about the commercials for season 8 they are completely untelling. They describe nothing of season 8 only that there will be one. Very frustrating and yet mysterious.
                  Yes, I'm hoping that we're going to get something big since we're getting basically NOTHING right now! I guess we'll all have to wait and see though! I'm willing to not be spoiled if we can get some GOOD ship!

Us shippers are the best people, we always see a light at the end of a tunnel, the glass is always half full, and we may wabble but we will not fall down. Enough????????? We have gone through 7 seasons with very subtle ship (some episodes none at all) and here we are excited and hopeful about season 8. Why would anyone not want to be a shipper??????????????
                  YES!!! WHY wouldn't they? We are a generally happy and optimistic bunch!

Just remember even if I can't get the door unlocked, I am always here with you guys in spirit.

Lynn
                  Hopefully whatever it is will get fixed soon! Lots of our lovely shippers seem to be getting lost! Hope we see you again soon!
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                    He's cute in a puppy sort of way, maybe, but sexy?? No.... I started watching Stargate when it first came on years ago and then it got lost in TV land somewhere so I only picked it back up this season - (made up for lost time and watched ALL DVD sets in a month. ) The first ep I saw was Chimera and I kept asking my husband - didn't she like Jack? I just can't picture P as the love of her life. I mean come one. He just doesn't click. Although I'm pretty sure I'm prejudiced about it.

I keep trying to read between the lines on all of the articles and just wind up frustrated. I think AT, bless her heart, is just so super nice that she feels she needs to defend P. Unfortunately, it's a losing battle...

Love the

I think TPTb realized that they were only giving bad spoilers and I do think somebody reads our posts ..they have to know what the fans want and react to such episode and so..Somebody is paid to read the boards and make reports ..well I would love to do that ....if they want to employ me..I can make good reports .

Anyway ,,,this is why they asked Amanda to give some shippy spoilers cuz most fans were upset with the Pete Spoilers

It looks like she was told to say something like that the Jack dream torture sequence...and the double carter ..she didn't have to say too much ..that's enough and means a lot..why a jack vision? because they want to put the 2 characters in close contact and they cna't do it in real cuz of the regs...Why a double CARTER ? Same ..because the clone Carter can kiss jack without consequences ..and we have materials for our videos by the way.

When Jack finds another Job at the end of season 8 ..then we'll have both the real Jack and the real Sam...That will be a real treat

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      I think you're on to something here, Elfinwood. Jack doesn't want to smother her. He doesn't want to stifle her creaitivity. He doesn't want to own her. That, to me, is the KEY difference between him and her other suitors. Most of them seem to want to possess her and mold her into something she can't be.

Jack just accepts her for who she is, he doesn't demand that she change. I think this is the ONLY type of relationship that can succeed for Sam. She isn't compiant and I think she would chafe if she were with a man who expected that.
                      <snip>
                      ....I think he's the only one capable of feelings that would match the level of her feelings. They are BOTH very dedicated to the things they care about and wholly commit themselves (I think this would apply to a relationship too). Neither of them do things without that all-encompassing dedication that we love about BOTH of them. I think Jack tries to deflect attention from that trait through sarcasm but it comes through just the same.

<whispers "look.......the avatars are little red x's, but.....I got on with only one failed attempt"..... won't say it too loud.......that jinxing it thing you know....... >

I agree Marimba, IMHO, all the male characters paraded up to & attached ever-so-temporarily to Sam to date ('cept Jack) were/would have been/are the type to expect Sam to give up her dreams & aspirations & to do their bidding their way on their time schedules & screw hers......... No 50/50, no honey I'm there for you, or honey, I'm following your lead....
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                        Hi everyone, this is my first post so hopefully I can get it right. I am so glad that there are others out there who are just as crazy about Sam and Jack as I am. My husband is seriously looking at me funny these days when I go on and on about them. I am so looking forward to the new season and hope they are able to continue the tension - although not too much - get together already!!!!

I also wanted to mention that I'm very impressed with all the videos that Caty has made. I absolutely love "My Confession" and I had to run out and buy the cd so I could listen to it over and over. Kudos to you!! You've done a fantastic job!
                        Welcome GetCarter !

Please join us in our posting and cookie indulgences! The shipper kitchen is open 24/7!
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                          Sal,
                          That part's good, but I was VERY disappointed to see her comments about the "delectable"(blech) Det. , and that she was going to continue her romance with him.

excuse me while I go barf.

I can assure her that THIS fan will not like that particular future.

Di
                          Yes, I read that too and *I* ALMOST BARFED (and believe me, my kids have made sure I have a STRONG stomach)! I was like, "Would you quit riding the fence?!!!!!" I'm DDL is very nice and all that but PTUI is NOT!!!!! I'm hoping that bit that Sally posted means what we all hope! She *DID* say that *A LOT* of people would be happy, I'm hoping that means the majority of her fans who are SHIPPERS! I'm kind of hoping that she's not just saying it to yank our chains though, b/c if that's the case I'd rather have SILENCE!

Comment

Do you think that the Asgard are going to make a mini Carter for mini Jack and show the real ones what they are missing

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              [snip]
                              ....and then the real Sam barge in a la MULDER in the episode "Small potatoe" when scully was just about to kiss Mulder impersonator....and Jack says "HUHHH,wHAT 's happening"....and SAM SAYS "I'm the real one" and Jack stands up all confused and tries to figure out who is the real Sam ...
                              [snip]
                              Yes, that would be interesting! What would be more interesting though would be for the REAL Sam pretends to be the fake one--so she can be with Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                                I wish though that AT would make up her mind-I get a severe case of whiplash when i read or hear her comments
                                NO DOUBT!!!!!!! You'd think those fence pickets would get to hurt after a while!

Comment

Working...
                                X