This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Hey, Marimba, don't apologize for your 'long' post!

Yes Sam and Jack are VERY passionate people.

I think this cap screams passion to me. I don't know what scene in recent years better shows their REAL passion for each other! (being that that 4 second Kiss was really Sam's hallucination...)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/s...roesII_012.jpg
    That picture is so brilliant, and I agree with you that it shows the passion between them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      I think you're on to something here, Elfinwood. Jack doesn't want to smother her. He doesn't want to stifle her creaitivity. He doesn't want to own her. That, to me, is the KEY difference between him and her other suitors. Most of them seem to want to possess her and mold her into something she can't be.

Jack just accepts her for who she is, he doesn't demand that she change. I think this is the ONLY type of relationship that can succeed for Sam. She isn't compiant and I think she would chafe if she were with a man who expected that.

She is very passionate and we see that passion at its height when she thinks she is going to fail. She doesn't accept failure very well at all. Look at her reaction in "Lost City"--her heartbreak shows on her face (just rips my heart out every time). Not to mention "100 Days" and "Paradise Lost" where she had the same reaction IMO.

I think if she were to end up with someone like (insert boyfriend of the week here) who was sweet and clearly adored her but COULDN'T feel the passion that she feels, she'd be unhappy. For all Jack's faults, he IS a very passionate person as well--anyone who would so willingly give up his life for the greater good...well, that says it all IMHO. I think he's the only one capable of feelings that would match the level of her feelings. They are BOTH very dedicated to the things they care about and wholly commit themselves (I think this would apply to a relationship too). Neither of them do things without that all-encompassing dedication that we love about BOTH of them. I think Jack tries to deflect attention from that trait through sarcasm but it comes through just the same.

Okay, now that I've rambled on a while, I think my point is that Sam just won't be happy with someone who is *lukewarm* and I think Jack is the only man who isn't!

Sorry for the long post!
      I wish I had a standing Ovation smilie for this moment!!!!

BRAVO!!!! I so totally agree with everything you have said here!!!!
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

(OK, Tame, now that gif's really kind of scary....)

But of course Stargate's version of the White House would have shipper cookies! Didn't you know that President Hayes is really a 'Shipper'??!
        Hey Mal!!!! Good to see you!!!!

Well BCM our Ship Dad has a new avatar that is Pres Hayes...so we *KNEW* that he (The Prez that is) *really * wanted to let everyone Know he was a SHIPPER. And BCM and The Prez *Could * be the same guy they are both JUST SO COOL

I love you picture !!! way too cool
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I think you're on to something here, Elfinwood. Jack doesn't want to smother her. He doesn't want to stifle her creaitivity. He doesn't want to own her. That, to me, is the KEY difference between him and her other suitors. Most of them seem to want to possess her and mold her into something she can't be.

Jack just accepts her for who she is, he doesn't demand that she change. I think this is the ONLY type of relationship that can succeed for Sam. She isn't compiant and I think she would chafe if she were with a man who expected that.

She is very passionate and we see that passion at its height when she thinks she is going to fail. She doesn't accept failure very well at all. Look at her reaction in "Lost City"--her heartbreak shows on her face (just rips my heart out every time). Not to mention "100 Days" and "Paradise Lost" where she had the same reaction IMO.

I think if she were to end up with someone like (insert boyfriend of the week here) who was sweet and clearly adored her but COULDN'T feel the passion that she feels, she'd be unhappy. For all Jack's faults, he IS a very passionate person as well--anyone who would so willingly give up his life for the greater good...well, that says it all IMHO. I think he's the only one capable of feelings that would match the level of her feelings. They are BOTH very dedicated to the things they care about and wholly commit themselves (I think this would apply to a relationship too). Neither of them do things without that all-encompassing dedication that we love about BOTH of them. I think Jack tries to deflect attention from that trait through sarcasm but it comes through just the same.

Okay, now that I've rambled on a while, I think my point is that Sam just won't be happy with someone who is *lukewarm* and I think Jack is the only man who isn't!

Sorry for the long post!

Of course Jack will never be lukewarm cuz he's always HOT

And I agree 100% with what you just said....and I now clap my hands 1000 times

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

I think I posted this on the last thread but the grand total time of GOOD kissing between them (I don't count all of the Broca Divide kiss btw--it's just too harsh after the first three seconds, so I only count that) is.......

drum roll, please.........

19 seconds, 2 frames (if you assume 30 frames per second, the most common timing). Yes, that's right! 572 frames!!

WOW!!! A whole WHOPPING TWENTY SECONDS!!! In SEVEN years!!!!!!!

The ship is TAKING OVER!!!!!!!!

Sorry , just couldn't resist a little snarkiness there!

I agree with you, I don't see the big deal that a few seem to complain about! I've heard comments elsewhere that the ship is taking over Stargate--yeah, right! I wish! Every time I hear those complaints, I say, "From your lips to TPTB's ears"!

HAHAHAHA YEAH right the ship is really taking over .....We are the ones who are suffering big time because of the lack of it . ..and 19 seconds of kissing in 7 Years ..WHAOOO.....I kiss my husband for that long in one go..

Now I really understand that Sam could be in the locker room with Jack, be herself and jump at him still ...( La broca divide herself with Jack responding posiitv) ..must be hard to wait that long for somebody you really want ..blind me ...How does she do it!!!!!!!! And Jack well ..it's even worse ....he hasn't had anybody since season 4....OMG...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Quick , quick jack defrost , go Sam's house and kick 'S butt real good...tell him you are her only true love ......and she is your only true love ...pack his bag too and throw it through the window......make sure the bag isn't zipped up properly..like that he'll have to pick up all his underwear himself..spread out on Sam's main road.

Caty

Comment

hi all <waves> Gateworld hasn't let me on for a few days...grrr...not a happy shipper. so, mostly lurking since more than 7 new pages have popped up since I started reading like 10 minutes ago...shipper thread V (I mean 11 <g>) here we come! So, is Tame back? (guess I'll see when I finish reading...hope so, hi Tame <waves>) Ship daddy, whats with the Kinsey pic? is it cause of what he says in Inaug.? Cause I might become disrespectful towards you if you remind me of him

[QUOTE=majorsal

Have I mentioned yet how much I HATE this whole bf storyline?

Sally [/QUOTE]

really Aunt Sally? I had no idea

hehe...I'm in a good mood I guess...I finished the first draft of my proposal...yay!

BTW, the ship monkey is doing great here in Virginia...he's chasing cicadas now. (they're EVERYWHERE...I even found one in my laundry...)

and of course:
              <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                I wish I had a standing Ovation smilie for this moment!!!!

BRAVO!!!! I so totally agree with everything you have said here!!!!

Oh I do like the white house with the shipper cookie on top Does it mean that Sam and Jack may go to the white house soon to meet the president and talk shippy stuff with ??!!!!...cuz apparently according to Mala ..He (The president)is a big shipper too I'd love that ...and they can even take their shoes off and taste the moment on the rug

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  Hi, Nikkirose!

*gives heart-shaped balloons to newbie*

Because you're new, you're going to be the first one to try out my NEW and IMPROVED JackClone! Power pack lasts twice as long as before. And this one's head never falls off, no matter what you do to it *glares at Tame*. So, Nikkirose, enjoy!

See you in a few days.

If you can walk.

And have the energy to type.

JackClone has that effect on women.

Sally
                  Hey, Hey HEY!!!

You've never ONCE offered me any JackClone, and certainly not the NEW and IMPROVED version...grumble, and all the work I've done to somewhat pick out shippy eps...grumble...not feeling at all appreciated..grumble...

where are my cookies, cause I'm not feelin' the love
                  sniff, sniff

Di, feelin a little left out

Comment

Hey, Marimba, don't apologize for your 'long' post!

Yes Sam and Jack are VERY passionate people.

I think this cap screams passion to me. I don't know what scene in recent years better shows their REAL passion for each other! (being that that 4 second Kiss was really Sam's hallucination...)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/s...roesII_012.jpg
                    Oh, Mala, you are so right about that cap! That has to be one of my favorite moments between them. It says so much. When she says she's glad he's okay and then he comes to her offering comfort--but his offer is so much more than that IMHO! It's a culmination of all their passion and heartache in one moment!
                    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I'm just playing around with some smileys I've found. This one reminded me of a couple of people. Hmmm...who could that be?

Sam and Jack
                      Forever

Token ~

Comment

But of course Stargate's version of the White House would have shipper cookies! Didn't you know that President Hayes is really a 'Shipper'??!

(ok, so the potatohead well is running dry...but I can't help it - I've got to comment on things my own way...)
                        Mala,
                        as always your creative genius shines ever so brightly! I would LOVE to see Hayes back...granting Jack and Sam a reg-free pardon as a reward for saving the planet (what, 8, 9 times now?).

He'd get my vote for that!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                          Hey, Hey HEY!!!

You've never ONCE offered me any JackClone, and certainly not the NEW and IMPROVED version...grumble, and all the work I've done to somewhat pick out shippy eps...grumble...not feeling at all appreciated..grumble...

where are my cookies, cause I'm not feelin' the love
                          sniff, sniff

Di, feelin a little left out
                          ((((((((((((((((((Di)))))))))))))))))))))

I wouldn't worry TOO much about not being offered a clone--how could clone be even close to the real thing!

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/...t=gorgeous.jpg

How could Sam resist? Don't understand it personally! (See, I CAN be on topic )

Comment

Oh, Mala, you are so right about that cap! That has to be one of my favorite moments between them. It says so much. When she says she's glad he's okay and then he comes to her offering comfort--but his offer is so much more than that IMHO! It's a culmination of all their passion and heartache in one moment!

OF COURSE , HE KISSED HER IN THE NECK ...WONDER IF SHE HAD A LOVE BITE THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!!

Caty

Comment

(ok, so the potatohead well is running dry...but I can't help it - I've got to comment on things my own way...)
                              ROFL--this is great Mala!!! You just keep right on expressing yourself! Good to see you here btw!

Comment

((((((((((((((((((Di)))))))))))))))))))))

I wouldn't worry TOO much about not being offered a clone--how could clone be even close to the real thing!

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/...t=gorgeous.jpg

How could Sam resist? Don't understand it personally! (See, I CAN be on topic )
                                OK, THAT was a surefire way to perk me right up!! Whew! That man is too fine for words...and I agree, Sam must have been injected with some foolish antiJack vaccine on some planet....Fight it Sam, fight it!! What, the regs a problem, Oh forget it, send him on over my way.

heheheheheheh
                                Di

Comment

Working...
                                X