X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCM
    Originally Posted by Tame
    all I can do is say I am really really sorry!!
    Yes, Tame you are one of the most Sorry people I know
    WOW you don't know ANYONE than do you hon...I hadn't realized, ... its ok Ship Daddy I am truly your friend
    Originally posted by BCM
    Just like a man.....ALWAYS remembers it wrong!!!!!
    Just like a woman making it up as she goes along
    Just like a man to be jealous of the quick thinking of a woman when he once AGAIN can't remember what *really* happened
    Originally posted by BCM
    Hey I just got here!!!!! Its their fault!!
    Yes, but we were doing fine until you came back, so that makes it your fault
    *sigh* ok I feel better
    on with the ship
    OH you think THAT exonerates YOU!! ROFL
    You just are sssoooo tickled to have someone to pick on again that poor Sally snapped and I swooped
    and if you'll look I HAVE been writing the majority of MY posts ABOUT ship thank you very much
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Personally I think a it has less to do with the individual writers and more to do with the people above them. Sure some of the writters are more predisposed to write ship or and nice little scenes, but IMO it falls on the "head writer" and director etc, to make it come across as shippy etc.

If they want to have a consistent level of ship it's up to some one namely the top writer to make sure there are beats written into the script. At the same time if the director decides not to film it in a shippy way then it really doesn't matter what the writer writes.

Of course then there is also the editing room. If a show is too long, or if a scene doesn't seem to fit right it might be edited out. So there is a whole lot of room were it could change.

Also if a show is too short they might add a scene... I'm turely greatful that "Proving Ground" was 30-whatever seconds too short, because it gave us one of the vary few shippy scenes in all of s5.

However in general I agree, I've been surprised at how inconsistent they've been, especially of late.
      Well you too are correct, I am laying the blame solely on the writers and it really does go higher up.
      But my overall quandry really doesn't change, the fluctuation at times is a bit unnerving to say the least.

I hadn't re-watched Proving Ground as on of my *Ship Selections* only because it is one of the very very very very...did I mention very subtle ship episodes.

But I too have always been happy that the actors natural chemistry does seem to come through at times that even the directors don't realize. Those moments are very rare but also very memorable.
      Desperate Measures is a prime example, the hand at the end, just a little touch and the look. It was natural. I don't think the script said Jack reaches up to help Sam off the platform and his hand lingers. The look on his face will be one of concern and love. I really believe it was just the genuine caring of these two people that came across. (Now I am not implying anything weird here, I am meaning the actors as friends).
      I really wish I was explaining this a bit better but hey its late
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        WOW you don't know ANYONE than do you hon...I hadn't realized, ... its ok Ship Daddy I am truly your friend
        With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Just like a man to be jealous of the quick thinking of a woman when he once AGAIN can't remember what *really* happened
        Just like a woman to side track the argument when the simple truth would prove her wrong
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

With friends like you, who needs enemies?
          well I definitely would NEVER wish enemies for you.... and since I am apparently one of your few friends ....... I am not sure who I should name for you here. Do YOU actually KNOW anyone who needs enemies
          Just like a woman to side track the argument when the simple truth would prove her wrong
          Was it Plato who said...."There is truth and then there is..........what a man thinks."
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 June 2004, 12:03 AM. Reason: for absolutely no reason

Comment

I have been re-watching S6 through syndication as well as DVDs and all the Eps on Sci-Fi. And One thing I noticed was that the *subtle* ship was back with a vengence in S6. And this brought to mind a question.

I am confused by TPTB that they don't demand that the writers at least be consistent. I realize that they have different writers for a lot of the episodes but They seem to be able to keep everything else fairly straight, so why is the relationship between Jack and Sam the only thing that seems to be on such a HUGE roller coaster??
            That to me has caused more problems than the relationship itsself. One writer has them *showing* some feelings. Another has them acting like "Jack Who??" or "Sam Who??" and yet a third has them playfully bantering in a wonderful way that makes the show overall just fun.

Anyway, it has just really struck me as strange, especially after S7 and now watching some really good writing in S6.
            I think it adds to the realism of the "ship" because emotionally they are on a HUGE rollercoaster.

Does he/she love me or love me not???????

My last post on this board was not a positive one,I was beating the "dead horse" again. Sorry folks, I was just depressed.
            So I watched a bunch of vids and came to this conclusion:
            Sam may want a "normal relationship" which represents but I think she is more in love with the relationship than she is the man.
            As for the ship in the latter half of season 7 after "Chernobyl" especially on Sam's part, even though she may want and what he represents,emotionally she "needs" Jack.
            And Jack "needs" her.
            I'm just gonna wait and watch untill they both realize it.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Oh yes ..my friend Steffi ..Here she is called "Send Pete to Edora"..is very happy ..about that video

I'll still with Sam and Jack but Mulder and Scully video should not be too long ,probably next month though .

Caty aka ShipDiva
              Oh yes, I have seen her around so I know who you mean . If I were her I would be very happy too .

that would be so cool. Can't wait to see what songs you have picked and what scenes you will use. As I said in the x-files thread, I have been missing the old Mulder and Scully days so it will be cool to see a nice shippy video .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I have returned...renewed and refreshed!!!
                I don't think I have actually posted to you (I don't post much in here anyway...I just like to read what the rest of you say ) but just thought I would say 'welcome back'!

It’s nice to know that you have re-found your shipperness .

~Tracey~
                Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 07 June 2004, 05:23 AM.

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Hello everybody ..today I put lots of my video clips to enter a competition ...and there are some votings to do ...So as soon as they are there ..it could take 24 hours!! ..I 'll post the link to where they are ..I hope you'll support me on that but feel free to watch the other competitors too..I put lot's in Sam and Jack section (not all though but if you think I missed one out which is stunning ..let me know )....also Humor section , Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and action for the team video.

PS ...You will have to e-mail me if you want the link ..I'll tell you why in the e-mail.

[email protected]

Caty aka ShipDiva ..and I'm glad the board is back up.
                  Last edited by Catysg1; 07 June 2004, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I'll be voting Caty. I'm on my way to send that email
                    __

__

Comment

hmmmmm.... towel or XXL t-shirt... towel or t-shirt...

what a hard choice
                      TANK TOP ala Broca Divide!! Yes?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                        OK, here's the next part of the LIST of SHIPPY EPISODES!

apologies for a lengthy post
                        POTENTIAL SPOILERS, SEASON 3 AND 4

“The Serpents Venom” – when the bomb is getting really close to Carter, Jack pulls Sam out, helps her up and they hug the wall so the bomb doesn’t get set off…it looks like her arm goes around him.

That’s all for now, folks. Hope I haven’t missed any good shippy parts, but I’m sure you sharp eyed shippers will catch them…Good, it gives me more reason to watch

Di, who made her deadline of getting this list done by Sunday, but now has to work overtime on RL stuff that pays the bills
                        I deleted lots of this because it was just too extensive. But don't forget the bit where Jack is looking under the bomb with Sam and Daniel. He's got all that floor space to lie on but instead puts his head almost *in* Carter's lap and gets a great view 'up the valley and between the peaks'!!

Sorry! I've been spending far too much time on the RDA Thunk thread and reading fanfic today that my eyes really hurt. I'm off to give them a rest now and watch a few of my favourite shippy episodes, starting with 'Entity' I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          TANK TOP ala Broca Divide!! Yes?
                          No. More like a really large button down shirt, that screams the deed was done
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

No. More like a really large button down shirt, that screams the deed was done
                            Yes, much better.

Well, we have the scene all written just have to let the PTB know.

Token ~

Comment

[snip]
                              Also if a show is too short they might add a scene... I'm turely greatful that "Proving Ground" was 30-whatever seconds too short, because it gave us one of the vary few shippy scenes in all of s5.

However in general I agree, I've been surprised at how inconsistent they've been, especially of late.
                              I SOOOOOO agree with you and Tame! I've been rewatching S6 and it's got LOTS of nice subtle ship in it! From the very beginning with Redemption (IMHO a lovely ep with lots of looks and angst)! Then Descent, Frozen, and Abyss (YES, I think Abyss is shippy--Canaan goes back b/c he is forced to judge himself by JACK who would go back for the woman he loves)! Not to mention Proving Ground and that lovely bit at the end of Full Circle!

Then we have Season 7--pure shippy confusion! First it's totally ignored, then we get lots (not that I minded)! They HAVE been very inconsistent! Here's hoping for lots of ship *and* consistency in S8! After all, 4 times 2 is eight--hopefully that will mean we'll get twice the ship of season 4! Just a hopeful shippy thought!
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                                I think it adds to the realism of the "ship" because emotionally they are on a HUGE rollercoaster.

Does he/she love me or love me not???????

My last post on this board was not a positive one,I was beating the "dead horse" again. Sorry folks, I was just depressed.
                                So I watched a bunch of vids and came to this conclusion:
                                Sam may want a "normal relationship" which represents but I think she is more in love with the relationship than she is the man.
                                As for the ship in the latter half of season 7 after "Chernobyl" especially on Sam's part, even though she may want and what he represents,emotionally she "needs" Jack.
                                And Jack "needs" her.
                                I'm just gonna wait and watch untill they both realize it.

waterfall
                                (((((((((((waterfall))))))))))) I'm with you here! I'm hoping they're going to realize it soon though--I'm just not sure how much more Ptui I can take!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X