Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter and O'Neill, PULEEEZE, for the love of Asgard and all that is good and holy, DON'T BE A PAIR OF "MULDER AND SCULLY"'S!

oh yeah, I wanna see Thor read the matrimonial rites. Either him or Yu (after Carter and O'Neill save HIS ass too).
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      Here is Sam's engagement ring from Jack!!!!

Oh you're just teasing me again!
      I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Sally--I love your picture (at home with the O'Neills) how did you get it so big?

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          I honestly and truely believe that Pete was supposed to be a nice guy. However, IMO by fitting their relationship into one episode, and making it be approx. 2 weeks old and having a big huge PLOT HOLE that shows Pete in a bad light, effected my initial reation to him. I couldn't help but find his character flawed, both by writing and the editing.

So yeah, he looks bad now, but I do believe that he was intended to be a nice guy. And considering she'll end up with Jack in the end, I'd rather believe he's a nice guy, or at least not a 'bad' guy because then when she chooses Jack over Pete it has more meaning then just picking the 'good guy' over the 'bad guy'. It becomes sort of symbolic, her choosing the right guy for her over all the other guys out there, no matter how nice.
          i think he's right about that.
          spoilers for season 7, chimera... again

i think he was supposed to be a nice guy who made a mistake that served as the plot device to allow him to be in on the big secret, hence eliminating any of the big problems that one could argue that the relationship might have broken up over. unfortunately for them they didn't deal with the huge issue of him walking out on her like that (and then following her). but perhaps the fact that he walked out on her was the only way they could find to lead to all the other things that happened in that episode and those things were the only way they could see to eliminate the problem of him not knowing about the sgc.
          any guesses on why they didn't just get her a bf who had clearance in the first place? cos for once i'd like to see one of her friends or admirers not die.

Comment

*opens mouth to speak* hmmm... I probably shouldn't say that on a PG forum...

Brian!

*opens mouth again* ... probably shouldn't say that either...

Uh, Brian....

*opens mouth yet again* ... nope can't say that one either.

Wait... *gets dreamy smile*

Well I got nothin', but pretend like I responded because I'm thinking it

You dirty old (young) man!

*waggles brows*

I'll be right over!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              3 - Let the getting together be satisfying! Please, let all our waiting and hoping and fantasizing be worth 8 YEARS! Like I've said before, if they can show satisfying relationship scenes for a guy that was in an ep no more than 20 minutes, what does a guy that's been in 8 years deserve?

I talked about this with a friend of mine that's been so disillusioned with this bf storyline that she's pulled back a LOT from fandom and the show. In fact, she won't be watching the eps until I tell her it's manageable. She won't be hurt again like she was with Chimera. I think in our fanfiction-induced fantasies, Sam's *so* in love with Jack that she'd never even want to be with another man, let alone doing it. And that's our downfall I think. Do we expect too much? Want too much? All I know is that I want, I *need* a satisfying ending to this love story that's been playing out in front of me since the moment Sam Carter stepped into the briefing room and engaged Jack O'Neill with her wit and an arm wrestle bid. Sparks flew and shippers we born. I love this show, but I LOVE this ship as though it were me that was experiencing it. Not necessarily a good place to be, but I'm in too deep to pull myself out now. Please powers, please let that happy ending happen.

Sally

Oh my God! You are reading my mind.. I've felt exactly this way all through season 7 and now especially with season 8 coming up! I may be too deep into this for my own good but..I'm there! (My husband does not believe that I MUST have the SciFi channel to remain sane!) How did I get in so deep? The fanfic really pushed me over the edge I think. It just gets my hopes up so much and maybe that's not such a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                I haven't eaten my pink shipper cookie yet, but here goes...

Jack: "Carter, wanna get hitched?"

Sam: "What?"

Jack: "Wanna tie the knot?"

Sam: "What!"

Jack: "Ya know, get the ol' ball and chain ready and subject yourself to the hell of matrimony?"

Sam: " "

Jack: "What?"

Sam: "How romantic!"

Jack: "Okay.... Hey, Sam, will you spend the rest of your life with me? Will you be there when it's bad? Will you be there for me when *I'm* bad? Will you love me as much as I love you?"

Sam: *sighs*

Jack: *grins* "Can I take that as a yes?"

Sam: "Yes, Jack."

Jack: "Cool."

Sam: *rolls eyes*

Jack: "Love you, baby."

Sam: *sighs*

Sally

Cute!

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                  Oh my God! You are reading my mind.. I've felt exactly this way all through season 7 and now especially with season 8 coming up! I may be too deep into this for my own good but..I'm there! (My husband does not believe that I MUST have the SciFi channel to remain sane!) How did I get in so deep? The fanfic really pushed me over the edge I think. It just gets my hopes up so much and maybe that's not such a good thing?
                  Two words, Four syllables... 'Goodness Gracious'.
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Them (TPTB) showing that they are not afraid to include something a little more steamy has got me wanting at least one-real-non-AU-etc-etc kiss. I definately don't want it to take over the show, but if they're willing to do "steamy" with Pete "I'm The Obsticle" Shanahan then I'd like to see AT LEAST "foggy" between the two character who have had deep feelings for eachother for years and years.
                    DITTO! I love "foggy"--great metaphor!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

i think he was supposed to be a nice guy who made a mistake that served as the plot device to allow him to be in on the big secret, hence eliminating any of the big problems that one could argue that the relationship might have broken up over. unfortunately for them they didn't deal with the huge issue of him walking out on her like that (and then following her). but perhaps the fact that he walked out on her was the only way they could find to lead to all the other things that happened in that episode and those things were the only way they could see to eliminate the problem of him not knowing about the sgc.
                      any guesses on why they didn't just get her a bf who had clearance in the first place? cos for once i'd like to see one of her friends or admirers not die.

Oh not dieing (tooo bad)! He just keeps coming back and back and back. Sorta like the energizer bunny...just keeps going and going and ....

I guess I'm glad the other's did die if the way is hanging on is any indication of what TPTB would have done with the other admirers/friends of Sam's.

No really, I'm glad they are not gonna kill off ole . Ship Daddy said it best when he said
                      because then when she chooses Jack over Pete it has more meaning .... It becomes sort of symbolic, her choosing the right guy for her over all the other guys out there
                      Ship Nana

Comment

DITTO! I love "foggy"--great metaphor!
                        I love the metaphor, now thats going to be stuck in my head for a whie...
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

Honestly I think they this is just a case of the writers being lazy. Someone else suggested that he could have found some files laying around, and then he could have found out by mistake. Or he could have been an old friend of Daniel's and then he would have had a reason to be at Daniel's house that morning, and he wouldn't have had to follow Sam. Or both and it would have made him an actual nice guy. For the sake of what TPTB were trying to accomplish I'm willing to give Pete another chance, but frankly if I have to give a character another chance because he didn't come off the 'right way' it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I honestly and truely believe that Pete was supposed to be a nice guy. However, IMO by fitting their relationship into one episode, and making it be approx. 2 weeks old and having a big huge PLOT HOLE that shows Pete in a bad light, effected my initial reation to him. I couldn't help but find his character flawed, both by writing and the editing.

So yeah, he looks bad now, but I do believe that he was intended to be a nice guy. And considering she'll end up with Jack in the end, I'd rather believe he's a nice guy, or at least not a 'bad' guy because then when she chooses Jack over Pete it has more meaning then just picking the 'good guy' over the 'bad guy'. It becomes sort of symbolic, her choosing the right guy for her over all the other guys out there, no matter how nice.

Making sense... who'd have thunk a guy could do that?

*ducks*

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Got it!!!!

Okay, I'm stupid! HMWS?

BTW--I just got promoted to Jaffa Fodder! Woo-hoo! Or is that a bad thing? Sounds like something they eat!

Comment

Sally--I love your picture (at home with the O'Neills) how did you get it so big?

It grew.

I had to find another hosting site because the one I got the original (smaller) from is having probs. Btw, if the pic is 'too' big, please someone let me know so I can fix it (not). Seriously, I can't fix it, so I'll just have to find another hosting site with smaller pics.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X