X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110

<snipped>

I think the Sam and Jack relationship has added a critical element to the show. It shows the struggle of fighting the Goa'uld and the personal sacrafices that are made by two people in Love

I like the way you put that, ses.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      Aunt Sally! I'm not in prison ...internship...I'll be on AT LEAST once a week, probably more...just not a couple times a day like usual...and I love your imagination!!! hehe...
      Internship, prison... same thing.<g> Does it keep you away from us? Uh, yeah! See, prison.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        SEE? I knew you could do it! I knew I passed the mantle to the right person!
        Thanks, Marimba!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          see i think that she's still in love with him and has just convinced herself that she's not so sure about that, or maybe she's convinced herself that she's over it or something like that. i think she thinks that he's not in love with her. i'm hoping she'll just realise that he's still in love with her and that she never got over him, and she loves him just as much as ever, maybe more.
          I agree. I said in an earlier post about loving that 'fall in love with him all over again' -great imagery came to mind- but I knew she was 'still' in love with him. She's confused, but I think by the time of Lost City 2, she knew. He's not just the safe bet, he's THE bet to her heart. I really believe Jack's her soul mate. I also believe that the way Sam imagined Jack in Grace is the way she really sees him. He was loving, understanding, and had total faith in her. I also agree that Sam doesn't know if Jack's in love with her. That's got to be driving her nuts. I just can't wait to see who's going to be making THE move to get this relationship in gear! I could see Jack saying "Do you care about Pete?", and Sam replying "Do you care about me?". I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by mjj1993
            Huh? What ring? What did I miss?

Originally posted by Token
            What!! You missed the marriage proposal?!!! It was INCREDIBLE!!! Aunt Sally, tell mjj1993 all about it! Wait 'till you hear the story you won't believe it.

*all little shiplets eating their cookies sit at Aunt Sally's feet as she tells the wonderful story once again*
            *blinks*

What? Are you talking about the 'boytoy' convo that Sam and Jack had?

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Quite frankly, it'd shock me if they got married by the time the series ended. But they deserve happiness after all they've been through... I hope it doesn't get botched a la Mulder and Scully -- that was, quite frankly, unsettling and unsatisfying... like eating a prime rib roast in a landfill and the flies come to share it with you
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                I hope it doesn't get botched a la Mulder and Scully -- that was, quite frankly, unsettling and unsatisfying... like eating a prime rib roast in a landfill and the flies come to share it with you
                LOL! I like your graffic, if not honest description of the Scully/Mulder ship murder scene.<g>

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Why thank you graciously, Sally
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    I vote for number 6: Jack has grin aka Emancipation and says, "I just be outside unless you need any help."

What?...Blame the monkey!
                    I vote for 6 too.
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      I LOVE the way you put that! 'See Sam fall in love with Jack all over again.'.... *sighs*
                      I missed that the first time... I need to pay more attention I like the way that sounds too
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Just so you know...

There are some shippers who used to post in this thread and don't any more. There are some shippers who have stopped lurking here.

Some people - I am talking about some shippers - find the references to Hot Monkey Sex or to all Sam's clothes falling off rather offputting. This being a family friendly forum there are people who come here not expecting such risque stuff.

It would definitely be appreciated by many posters if you could tone it down.
                        Can we have a hot thread and a cool thread? KIDDING! I think because we haven't had a new ep in a while, our imagination has gotten the better of us and we're creating more of our own stories instead of discussing old ones. Just look at all the cookies we created in the last month! We had a cookie explosion! I guess we'll have to go back to UST posting and hopefully we'll bring back whoever we lost.

ship sistah

P.S. Less yellow cookie consumption, folks!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

hi! I know that we try not to talk about "Chernobyl" and P*** but there is one more thing that bothers me and I don't remember if this was covered. I only watched this ep once -intend to do it again when I get a chance- so I may be mistaken but it seemed to me that P*** himself wasn't sure about background check. I mean I thought that he knew it was terrible and considered it for a while. I guess that means that he was supposed to be really nice in the intention of the writers. Just a thought.

I'd love Tame's theory that HE doesn't exist but unfortunately I don't think that's the case. If he was Sam's imagination she wouldn't talk about him with her friends ( Affinity) Sorry shippers.I have a bad day.

On the brighter side I watched yesterday "Double jeopardy" and thought it was very shippy, esp. The looks Sam gave Jack after Hammond opened iris for Harlan and then during debriefing.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            i'd like to see moments between all of the team, including teal'c. i do understand where the antis are coming from, but i often find that while i'm reading posts about people wanting more s/j moments or more j/d moments, i'm thinking, what about poor teal'c? nobody seems to be saying i want more <insert character name here>/teal'c moments. i want moments between s/d, s/j, s/t, j/d, j/t, d/t , did i leave anyone out? and i want all this, without having to sacrifice any of the bits they already give us. i want our sam/jack moments to have a shippy element to them, and all others to show the deep friendship and working relationships that all of these people have together.
                            thats not to say that i don't want the s/j bits to show their friendship and good working relationship too, because i do. i just think that they could accomplish all of these things.

that probably doesn't make much sense. but hey, leave me alone its 4:30 am FCOL!

IMHO it makes perfect sense. And AMEN to that.
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              I understand your feelings, but this ep didn't/doesn't give me those depressed feelings. Here's why:

1 - When a person gets a bf/gf, the relationship they're dropping isn't highlighted/increased. Sam and Jack *were*.

2 - If the S/J relationship was dropped, we wouldn't have gotten the shoulder lean in Death Knell, the hug in Heroes 2, and the 'I can't lose this man' ship from Sam in Lost City(s). The flavor of those scenes were definitely ship-minded.

3 - Sam's thoughts on Jack in Grace showed us that she's thought about being with Jack for some time. She's considered leaving the AF for him. (that's not leaving the SGC, btw.) The kiss between them, whether it was all in Sam's mind, shows us how passionate and loving Sam wants to be with Jack. I was going to say 'in love', but she doesn't know it yet.<g>

4 - When you put that all together with her having a bf 'after' Grace -where many ship scenes played- then you *know* it's not being dropped.

5 - In SciFi's latest interview with Amanda, she's admitted Sam loves Jack, and that her relationship with bf will only help her when she finally gets together with Jack.

Things will work out in the end. We might be bloodied and beaten by then, but by God, we'll be alive and living the shipper haze!!!

Sally

1-yes
                              2-yes
                              3-yes
                              4-yes
                              5-yes

Just to tell you ....this is exactly what I'm thinking ....and don't forget that AT thinks the same.....Jack and Sam will get together and if AT thinks the same ...it 's because TPTB thinks the same too

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                                I vote for 6 too.
                                me too !!!!!!!!!!!1
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X