Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow shippers I am really starting to feel good about no spoilers or pictures coming out for the remainder of Season 8.(Although actually it is driving me crazy) As many of you have said we certainly did hear the bad news about Pete pretty quickly. By keeping the remainder a secret, I totally feel the power of anticipation building. The only thing that I have to keep telling myself is that it will never be enough for me waiting eight years for Sam and Jack to get together I could take another eight years of them together. I want my memories of Sam and Pete and the wedding invitation erased. It sure would have been nice if all those memories were of Jack and Sam instead. Now, of course after saying all of this I feel the pessimistic side of me returning, OH come on January!

I too want to take the time to thank all of you who do so much to keep our spirits up. I totally enjoy all the fan fic, videos and pictures, I'm sure I don't say it enough but each any every one of these things puts a smile on my face and it would be really cruel of me not to mention it to the people who help put it there. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      The more I read about this, the more I think that two threads is the best idea. A serious Ship Discussion thread (and yes I think that has to be the OTHER thread) and this Ship Family thread where we can talk ship and fluff to our hearts content. Perhaps the "old timers" might visit the serious thread from time to time and encourage newbies to join in here.

Jamaica03 we've all been newbies here, we've all had posts posted and never replied to, I still get that, it's not that we don't appreciate your position, but if you were to walk into a room full of people who were talking would you expect them to change the subject of the conversation for you? I wouldn't for one, I would listen to what was being said, decide if I wanted to stay and then adjust what I wanted to say.

I am very strongly of the opinion that a serious Ship Discussion thread should be started for those who want to discuss Ship only.
      I just came from the other thread and stated I wanted to change my vote. I'd originally said to keep both threads a while and see what happens, but now I really think we 'need' to separate so ppl can focus on what they want to discuss at any given time.

Here's my idea - which I'm sure is going to add more headaches to the already throbbing ones the mods have. Close both threads and archive them. Create two new threads labled: 'Pro Sam/Jack Ship Discussion Thread' and 'Pro Sam/Jack Ship and Chatter Thread'. I'd feel more comfortable leaving out the 'family' reference, because it might give the impression that someone that wants more serious talk isn't really a member of the S/J community. I figure that 'anyone' that loves Sam and Jack and loves talking about it with Sam/Jack shippers is a member of the community and a family member by association.

I wish we'd have been able to keep just one thread, but the size and popularity made it too... chaotic. I'm like Tame, I just wish something would be decided so we can all settle in and start playing again.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        Fellow shippers I am really starting to feel good about no spoilers or pictures coming out for the remainder of Season 8.(Although actually it is driving me crazy) As many of you have said we certainly did hear the bad news about Pete pretty quickly. By keeping the remainder a secret, I totally feel the power of anticipation building. The only thing that I have to keep telling myself is that it will never be enough for me waiting eight years for Sam and Jack to get together I could take another eight years of them together. I want my memories of Sam and Pete and the wedding invitation erased. It sure would have been nice if all those memories were of Jack and Sam instead. Now, of course after saying all of this I feel the pessimistic side of me returning, OH come on January!

I too want to take the time to thank all of you who do so much to keep our spirits up. I totally enjoy all the fan fic, videos and pictures, I'm sure I don't say it enough but each any every one of these things puts a smile on my face and it would be really cruel of me not to mention it to the people who help put it there. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a good feeling too with all the changes they made and the obvious one is the UK lowdown ..

This is a fairly good example that TPTB didn't want the same fiasco of hate mail from the UK ..

so if we promote the lead couple ..this should be alright .. and I think they did it on purpose so they don't receive more hate mail.....bad for the DVD's .

So far the DVD's have been selling like little bread but if Pete carries on ruining the sci-fi show with his opera presence ..they won't sell much for season 7 and 8 ...People will keep their recording tape and tape over the episodes not to be wanted

I think all the fans want a team show and Pete is there caught in the middle and he is ruining the team spirit ...he should back off to Denver and let Sam do her job and not ask questions ..I hate sticky men and what is he doing ON SCREEN anyway??!!

And thank you Nickatell for your appreciation of all creative shippers in this family ... can we still call it family btw??!!! Hope so

Caty

Comment

I forgot I wanted to reply to a fellow shipper who asked about spoilers after they see the next half of Season 8 before us, first I wanted to say thanks for caring in the first place that was nice, as far as I am concerned, spoil away!!! After watching Chimera I have trouble trusting whatever TPTB have up their sleeves. I think I watched most of the first part of Season 8 from between my fingers, so this way I will be prepared. So I am sure I will be thanking you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides I love hearing the excitement from all of you it just makes the episode even better.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            I just came from the other thread and stated I wanted to change my vote. I'd originally said to keep both threads a while and see what happens, but now I really think we 'need' to separate so ppl can focus on what they want to discuss at any given time.

Here's my idea - which I'm sure is going to add more headaches to the already throbbing ones the mods have. Close both threads and archive them. Create two new threads labled: 'Pro Sam/Jack Ship Discussion Thread' and 'Pro Sam/Jack Ship and Chatter Thread'. I'd feel more comfortable leaving out the 'family' reference, because it might give the impression that someone that wants more serious talk isn't really a member of the S/J community. I figure that 'anyone' that loves Sam and Jack and loves talking about it with Sam/Jack shippers is a member of the community and a family member by association.

I wish we'd have been able to keep just one thread, but the size and popularity made it too... chaotic. I'm like Tame, I just wish something would be decided so we can all settle in and start playing again.

Sally

Sally ...Do you think We should mention that here ..people are gonna start arguing again ??? and I'm a bit fed up with that

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
              Hellooooooo! im a newbie here all the way from merrie old england! (pardon the cliche) Huge shipper here just sayin hi to all you other shippers!
              HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Welcome, shipper hannah!

Okay, what's your most fave Sam/Jack shippy moment?

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                .Me too ...and by Gemini ..I'll be really shippy

Caty

Caty...keep up the great work with the vids! I check your website just about everyday for Sam/Jack vids to see what you've come up with...never leave disappointed!

Comment

I forgot I wanted to reply to a fellow shipper who asked about spoilers after they see the next half of Season 8 before us, first I wanted to say thanks for caring in the first place that was nice, as far as I am concerned, spoil away!!! After watching Chimera I have trouble trusting whatever TPTB have up their sleeves. I think I watched most of the first part of Season 8 from between my fingers, so this way I will be prepared. So I am sure I will be thanking you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides I love hearing the excitement from all of you it just makes the episode even better.

Count me in too! I look forward to every little detail of ship that you will be willing to tell us about in the new episodes. But don't forget to put them in the proper spoiler space so anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled won't be. That is very, very important to protect those who don't want to know.

As for me please, please spoil me!!!!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                    Caty...keep up the great work with the vids! I check your website just about everyday for Sam/Jack vids to see what you've come up with...never leave disappointed!
                    Welcome AmberMoon!! Hope you have lots of fun here!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon

Welcome to the shipper family AmberMoon and Thank you Glad you enjoy clicking on the website and all the thumbnails

I'll keep you posted in that thread

Caty

Comment

I agree with nickatell....I love to be "spoiled" BUT that is just us. Please use the special spoiler tags so that those who wish to remain unspoiled can do so. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spoil away...I'm just selfish that way!

Oops..ship nana already said be careful...I didn't read far enough ahead..
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Well... Welcome any newbies I haven't said welcome to yet!

*cough*

If anyone is interested in my Sam/Jack vids and haven't seen them yet, there are located:

http://martoufmarty.topcities.com/samjack.html

The one at the top - Whisper - I made last week. First Sam/Jack vid since the episode Fragile Balance was new

*cough*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Count me in too! I look forward to every little detail of ship that you will be willing to tell us about in the new episodes. But don't forget to put them in the proper spoiler space so anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled won't be. That is very, very important to protect those who don't want to know.

As for me please, please spoil me!!!!!

And you know what ..I'll make spoiler pics of Gemini and the other episodes too ShipNana and on the same night too ..I'll be working very late then but I'll do it for the shipper family in that thread

Aren't we a brilliant bunch of shipper fans or What!!!!??

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              It mus have been very far cuz I didn't see it in the thread ..and I was catching up from page 30 .

Thank you for reposting Marimba I think I have a few of your videos to catch up with and I'll review them all at once ..I like to do that

Isn't that great to keep the shipper family's little heart..contented and joyfull with all the shippy videos and fics and fanarts during the hiatus

PS: What's BWC?!!!

Caty
                              The infamous "black widow curse".

As for catching up, I looked at all your new vids today and I've got a lot to catch up on! So I guess I'm gonna spend the weekend catching up lol!
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

spoilers (and basically speculation) for s8 and beyond (small reference to Atlantis too)

Originally posted by auralan
                                I think it's pretty clear from Pierre's spoilers about the end of season 8
                                Spoiler:
                                that the Sam/Jack end of things isn't something they've changed. They're dealing with it and on screen at that. I'm sure they considered writing it out, but the whole thing got to be such a big story-arc that they probably tied their own hands into finishing it. My personal guess is that the changes involve leaving some of the bad guys defeated, but in a way that allows them to return later to wreak havoc should there be another season. What kind of/how many villians they need to play out one more movie/miniseries/whatever is probably different than how many they think they need for another season. I doubt they'd want to create a whole new threat at this point, so maybe (total spec) they let a few replicators escape and Baal live where before they were going to completely decimate the replicators once and for all and just keep Baal around. That's my current guess, anyhow.
                                I like the way you think (except for them considering wanting to write the S/J love thang out ). Even though I've never seen an ep of Atlantis, the Wraiths (sp?) seem like cool vilians, and I wish they'd bring something creepy like that into the Sg1 universe. But I hope (understatement) you're right that the S/J love story wasn't tweaked to our disadvantage (and theirs).

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X