This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam fan
    Hi all no doubt i'll be shouted at for going off topic but ijust wanted to share something with you- have a little moan if you will, you guys always make me feel better if i've had a bad day but recently- as in the past few days i've found it really hard to deal with stuff. it's nearly been a year since a friend of mine caled Sinead died. I'm not really dealing with it very well and i'm pretty much managing to stay in my room all day long- I don't like people seeing me get all pathetic and teary and yet it's all i seem to keep doing- everything reminds me of her and the other day in english we bloody had to read the poem that was read at her funeral- all i really want to do is forget or just remember but not be upset and I can't do that and i hate that i can't do that- it's still two weeks ntil the actual aniversary and i'm dreading it- i now this has just been one long moan and i'm sorry but i trust you guys and- well now you can tell me to shut up and stop being an idiot.
    (((((((((((((((Sam Fan)))))))))))) NEVER will we say THAT and you can count on us to *hopefully* keep you in some smiles

I am really sorry about your friend and I am not to sure what to say to you about that...But time does heal wounds and the people we loved do WANT US TO LIVE OUR LIVES and BE HAPPY..... So whatever you need you just ask for (((((((Sam Fan)))))))) we will be here
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      (((((((((((((((Sam Fan)))))))))))) NEVER will we say THAT and you can count on us to *hopefully* keep you in some smiles

I am really sorry about your friend and I am not to sure what to say to you about that...But time does heal wounds and the people we loved do WANT US TO LIVE OUR LIVES and BE HAPPY..... So whatever you need you just ask for (((((((Sam Fan)))))))) we will be here
      Definitely. I think you're definitely in the right hands here, Sam Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        One final longwinded observation and then I promise I’ll keep my mouth shut about this for a while. Please remember this is a discussion thread & this is just *my* opinion…

THREAD RATE: the perceptions of how fast/slow the thread goes - it is just that. It’s the relative perception of each individual who reads it. Some posters may view seeing 30 new posts since the morning as a thread being too damn slow. Other posters - they may groan & say WTF - what kind of drugs are these posters on? Me? I honestly like coming in knowing there’s a lot to read – you just don’t see me posting “Oh goody! Lots of great reading material today!” (Lord, the angry looks & red rep points I’d get for typing that in a post!) For me, this thread would be boring as c#*& if there were only 5-10 posts a day on it, even if the posts were knock-my-socks-off kinds of posts. I’d likely have never lurked here anymore or, to be honest, probably wouldn’t have joined any kind of on-line fandom. I would have just continued to go to scifi.com for their schedulebot to see the times certain eps would be on & that would have been the end of it.

OBSERVATION: If every known S/J Shipper (meaning they’ve came to this Thread & said openly they do ship) who’s been a regular here since 5/04 posted just *ONE* serious, well-thought out post per day… do y’all realize how staggering that alone would be???? I don’t claim to be an authority on much of anything, but I will say that I did go through the 15K posts we made in this Thread from the beginning of 5/04 until ShipDay in mid-July (all in the name of pulling some fun Thread posts/facts/etc. out to share w/everyone) and at that time there were over 115 *regular* posters.

115 *regular* posters! Since then we’ve had at least 30 new S/J shiplets delurk and post *regularly.* If all 150 of us decide to post 1 ‘serious’ post per day… hell, we will STILL get complaints for being the most long-winded ‘serious’ Thread out in SG fandom. And even in our own Family - we wouldn’t be able to make everyone happy. So… even if we limited ourselves to just one serious post a day, it would be overwhelming to some.

FLUFF/LORE: We all have differing opinions about what is fluff & what is part of the ‘lore’ of the Thread. Again - perception. Many of the ‘things of lore’ started as fluffy fun & many, but not always all, posters embraced them. If we completely stop fluff, (AGAIN MHO) we stop the fun & creativity & love of the Thread that attracted many of us here. And we stop the creative spark needed to make more ‘lore’ & great memories w/our adopted Shipper family.

PM’ing: Isn’t always good for the thread. I’ve learned some wonderful & funny things about fellow posters, the show, & S/J by reading things that would have been hidden to me & everyone else posting/lurking if people only conversed in PM, or even chat rooms.

CRANKINESS: I don’t think we’re a cranky Thread today. I think we may finally be having the open and honest discussion the Thread has needed since mid-summer. In the 8 months I’ve been here I’ve watched the Thread morph about 3 or 4 times as some posters have dropped out for various reasons & new ones join in, each new group bringing a different flavor to the Thread. And while I won't dispute that there’s been times since late summer that things *have* gotten chatty or wild… I think that’s the flow of the thread… ebb and flow… ebb and flow….

Having said all that:

*Please don’t think I’m here to defend any poster who comes here & states something is a fact/spoiler & it’s only their opinion (because in IMHO, the only authorities are TPTB & they ain’t sharin’ anything w/us until those eps air… unless one of TPTB happen to be in our Thread disguised as a Family member, then hey buddy.. can we talk? ….)

*And if it makes you feel better Starfury, go ahead & give me a red rep point if it makes you feel better. It doesn’t matter to me because in looking at those 15K posts I scrolled past an unbelieveable amount of fluff. From each and everyone of us…and it didn’t kill me – I just excercised that scroll button til I thought I might need a new mouse. And neither will bad rep kill me, so if it honestly makes you feel better… do it.

*Life is about balance and so is living peacefully in this Thread. It’s like adjusting the balance on one’s stereo speakers, except each & every one of us here have different opinions about where that balance setting needs set….

Now if y'all excuse me.... I have some positive rep to go spread around....
        BRAVA!! What SHE SAID...

And if I stop there am I running the risk of being red-repped?

As for the FAQ: I brought the potatoheads and the idea/pix of flaming penguins to the thread... and the red badge of courage...and the term jello squares of love.......and probably a lot more that has contributed to the OTness of this thread.

I make no apologies.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          BRAVA!! What SHE SAID...
          I make no apologies.
          Regret nothing!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sam fan)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

BRAVA!! What SHE SAID...

As for the FAQ: I brought the potatoheads and the idea/pix of flaming penguins to the thread... and the red badge of courage...and the term jello squares of love.......and probably a lot more that has contributed to the OTness of this thread.

I make no apologies.
            and if you even TRY to I may have to slap Pete.......well that doesn't work out well

SHIPPER FAIRY YOU are a Shipper
            NATIONAL TREASURE
            PleaseCONTRIBUTE MORE!!!!!!!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Waterfall - I fixed the link! Enjoy...? lol

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Token, I think this is great.Perhaps you can add a list of all the members of the family...Maybe Ship Nana can give us a full list from all the medal lists.
                It would be my honor to supply the list.

The Shipper Family:

Ship Mum - Shipperahoy
                Ship Daddy
                Aunty Sally
                Ship Nana
                Lunar
                Caty
                Marimba
                Tame
                Mei Mei
                Kri
                Critter
                LtLisa
                Token
                Auralan
                Melyanna
                Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                WaterFall
                Ship Sistah
                Bucky
                Michelleb
                KiwGater
                Faith
                Shinrai
                Chevron Seven
                Zoser
                Sam_O_Neill
                ESTELLE
                MALA50
                Gatetrixer
                Dipsofjazz
                Majorsal
                Isis
                Wynter
                Ses110
                cc_mac
                tauripeg
                Mishy Mo
                SueKay
                Rogue
                Sugarshaker
                Getcarter
                Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                Scottishshipper
                SG1Happy
                Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                Blueiris
                Samisjacksgal
                Sclairef99
                Gatetime
                Col aga
                Gatewatcher
                Angel of Fire SG1
                Muffo
                Emilee
                Bucky
                Tpe78
                Karibou
                Ali_gater
                Athenaktt
                Elfinwood
                Tauripeg
                Waterfall
                MartoufMarty
                Stargate Barbie
                Starfury

If your name is not on the list I give my apologies. Please add it.
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  It would be my honor to supply the list.

The Shipper Family:

Ship Mum - Shipperahoy
                  Ship Daddy
                  Aunty Sally
                  Ship Nana
                  Lunar
                  Caty
                  Marimba
                  Tame
                  Mei Mei
                  Kri
                  Critter
                  LtLisa
                  Token
                  Auralan
                  Melyanna
                  Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                  WaterFall
                  Ship Sistah
                  Bucky
                  Michelleb
                  KiwGater
                  Faith
                  Shinrai
                  Chevron Seven
                  Zoser
                  Sam_O_Neill
                  ESTELLE
                  MALA50
                  Gatetrixer
                  Dipsofjazz
                  Majorsal
                  Isis
                  Wynter
                  Ses110
                  cc_mac
                  tauripeg
                  Mishy Mo
                  SueKay
                  Rogue
                  Sugarshaker
                  Getcarter
                  Scottishshipper
                  SG1Happy
                  Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                  Blueiris
                  Samisjacksgal
                  Sclairef99
                  Gatetime
                  Col aga
                  Gatewatcher
                  Angel of Fire SG1
                  Muffo
                  Emilee
                  Bucky
                  Tpe78
                  Karibou
                  Ali_gater
                  Athenaktt
                  Elfinwood
                  Tauripeg
                  Waterfall
                  MartoufMarty
                  Stargate Barbie
                  Starfury

If your name is not on the list I give my apologies. Please add it.
                  *raises hand* You forgot me. Has it really been that long since I've visited?? Btw...my hubs is now a shipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                    Hi all no doubt i'll be shouted at for going off topic but ijust wanted to share something with you- have a little moan if you will, you guys always make me feel better if i've had a bad day but recently- as in the past few days i've found it really hard to deal with stuff. it's nearly been a year since a friend of mine caled Sinead died. I'm not really dealing with it very well and i'm pretty much managing to stay in my room all day long- I don't like people seeing me get all pathetic and teary and yet it's all i seem to keep doing- everything reminds me of her and the other day in english we bloody had to read the poem that was read at her funeral- all i really want to do is forget or just remember but not be upset and I can't do that and i hate that i can't do that- it's still two weeks ntil the actual aniversary and i'm dreading it- i now this has just been one long moan and i'm sorry but i trust you guys and- well now you can tell me to shut up and stop being an idiot.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sam Fan))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The Shipper Family is here for you.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Try to focus on all the good memories you have of your friend and this will allow Caled to live on through you.
                    Ship Nana

Comment

My apologies for interrupting a perfectly good conversation that is going on, but I kinda nedd your guys' help with something. I couldn't post it anywhere else because I know there are some real antishippers out there that would shoot me down the first shot they got. So...I need to know from which episode the attached pic came from. I've seen it in alot of ship music videos and I could never peg the episode.

Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

BRAVA!! What SHE SAID...

I make no apologies.
                        Nor should you apologize!!! You have made major contributions to this thread and I really don't know what we would do without you!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mala)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Klems
                          My apologies for interrupting a perfectly good conversation that is going on, but I kinda nedd your guys' help with something. I couldn't post it anywhere else because I know there are some real antishippers out there that would shoot me down the first shot they got. So...I need to know from which episode the attached pic came from. I've seen it in alot of ship music videos and I could never peg the episode.

Thanks.
                          Welcome! The pic comes from 1.12 Fire and Water
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.siler
                            *raises hand* You forgot me. Has it really been that long since I've visited?? Btw...my hubs is now a shipper.

The shipper Family:

Ship Nana
                            Lunar
                            Caty
                            Marimba
                            Tame
                            Mei Mei
                            Kri
                            Critter
                            LtLisa
                            Token
                            Auralan
                            Melyanna
                            Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                            WaterFall
                            Ship Sistah
                            Bucky
                            Michelleb
                            KiwGater
                            Faith
                            Shinrai
                            Chevron Seven
                            Zoser
                            Sam_O_Neill
                            ESTELLE
                            MALA50
                            Gatetrixer
                            Dipsofjazz
                            Majorsal
                            Isis
                            Wynter
                            Ses110
                            cc_mac
                            tauripeg
                            Mishy Mo
                            SueKay
                            Rogue
                            Sugarshaker
                            Getcarter
                            Scottishshipper
                            SG1Happy
                            Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                            Blueiris
                            Samisjacksgal
                            Sclairef99
                            Gatetime
                            Col aga
                            Gatewatcher
                            Angel of Fire SG1
                            Muffo
                            Emilee
                            Bucky
                            Tpe78
                            Karibou
                            Ali_gater
                            Athenaktt
                            Elfinwood
                            Tauripeg
                            Waterfall
                            MartoufMarty
                            Stargate Barbie
                            Starfury
                            Sgt.Siler
                            Ship Nana

Comment

OK well since I sorta started this whole Has The Shipper Thread Jumped The Shark thing, I figure I better respond to those who've responded. I pretty much agree with what just about everybody said in response. Not all "Me too" posts are the same (this post is sort of a "me too" post, after all), and not all OT stuff should be taken off thread (for example, Sam Fan, your post is a good example of something "literally" Off Topic but it is On Topic in spirit because we are a family and here to love and support each other! ((((((((((SAM FAN)))))))) ) None of what I mentioned are "hard and fast" rules, they are more like guidelines or things to keep in mind.

I DO NOT want a list of Thread Rules, let alone to be the creator or the arbiter of said rules. It would spoil the fun of the thread--if we ever get to the point where we need "rules" like that, we really will have Jumped the Shark!. Plus I'm not qualified. What I did want to do, and it looks like it was successful, was remind people of the need to consider what they post before they post it. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone or keep people from posting good stuff, that's the last thing I want!

I think that the Shipper Commune is full of fine, upstanding and conscientious citizens. If we had elections, all the candidates would be like Mr. Smith (from Mr. Smith Goes To Washington--mmm, Jimmy Stewart......*Starfury looks up* Eh? Topic? Where was I? Oh yeah...) and every citizen would vote. And if we were a real city, there would be no homeless people and no litter! (Must keep the gutter free of debris after all, our gals' (and guys') THUNKING safety is concerned!)

Finally, I want to say I think the FAQ is coming along great! Plus, once we get it up and running it means I get to make a new, more interesting sig.--maybe even spring for a picture of Swimmy! I'm getting bored with this one.

In addition to the subjects already mentioned, I think the Shipper FAQ should include where to find fanfic, music videos, stills/fan art, etc. made by our fabulously talented members.
                              Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

Ok, I've been reading threads for the last 2 hours now... so excuse me if I'm a bit straight to the point here.

First, TPTB better have not been pulling our legs for the past 8 years (thats right, eight years), to end the show without resolving the whole Jack and Sam issue on a good note. Cos God help me, if it doesn't end with them at least admitting they cared about each other OPENLY and at least leave us with the suspence with what might happen next in their relationship; then I think I have wasted 8 years on romantic suspence on this show for no reason whatsoever.

Secondly, this might sound ironic... does to me anyway. But he was gonna DIE for her... DIE, as in dead. You'd recon he would also sacrific his career just as easily, but nooooo.

And come on, last time I checked when someone is willing to give up their lives, because 'they care about you alot more than they should'... thats actually a big deal.

No offence, but so far, TPTB are turning Amanda Tapping's character, into a very heartless B****, and thats not right at all! I mean come on, he was gonna die for her and she gets
                                Spoiler:
                                engaged
                                to another guy, what up with that???!!!

Ok, I think I'll stop now before I start offending anyone, cos.... so irritated right now! Cos I know they started the show aiming at developing a relationship with those two even when they thought it was only gonna be for 2 seasons. Amanda Tapping said so in an interview at the beginning... they made her stand next to RDA to see if they 'looked good together'.

Ok, stopping now... Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X