This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getcarter
    Oh, that stinks! Why don't they show the same thing? Great now all I will do is think about what we missed!
    With a bit of luck, the whole thing will be on the dvds...The last one had something like 15 mins extra on the dvd. Assuming, of course, that this one will go on one of the dvds....

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
      Oh, that stinks! Why don't they show the same thing? Great now all I will do is think about what we missed!
      well I didn't know it was gonna be different so I didn't tape it ..but if they do a repeat on Friday .. I'll do some screen caps ..I'll check later tonight ...and put it on select

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Updated List:

This is for all the Shipper Family members who have SUFFERED through the entire, essentially Shippless, first half of the 8th Season and have the COURAGE to stick it out! (This of course includes anyone who has watched the entire first half via any method!!) You must however, have watched every episode to date!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Caty
        Ship Nana
        Michelleb
        Samisjacksgal
        Critter
        Tame
        Emilee
        Rogue
        Zoser
        Bucky
        Ses110
        Tpe78
        Karibou
        Auralan
        Kiwigater
        Ali_gater
        Wynter
        Isis
        Dipsofjazz
        LtLisa
        Gatewatcher
        Athenaktt
        Sugarshaker
        Elfinwood
        Sam_o_Neill
        Meimei
        Mad_gater and Kel'dor
        Mala
        Blueiris
        Tauripeg
        Melanna
        Waterfall

*sighs* Well, can I have an honorary one cause I missed Avatar due to hurricane Charley....forces of nature are beyond my control.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Spoiler UK lowdown..

YEAH I know I saw the US lowdown too ..and they didn't show everything apparently .

In the UK lowdown ...They are promoting the show and the lowdown didn't have to have so many cuddle promotion shots ..if Sam and Jack were not meant to be together.

Caty
          i think what happened is....they realised people love the ship. they realised that the had totally underpromoted the ship. pushing pete to the front, ignoring teh sam/jack ship was driving people away. shippers were just saying 'oh sod this, if this is how they treat the ship, then i'm off' . so...when they had to promote it here, via the lowdown.....then they put the ship back. they played up the ship. they showed teh grace kiss twice, one in the middle of a conversation about pete (and right before RDA says pete is no threat to o'neill, with that delicious wicked grin). i think they figured out they want the ship..so they gave it to us. hope they carry on giving us our ship.

it still seems a bit odd that we have no real spoilers at all for the second half of season eight, just vague plot lines..espcially considering how early we were spoiled for the first half (and i mean spoiled...how early was that dreaded
          Spoiler:
          proposal
          photo released?) surely now's the time to show some photos, let slip some plot details, to keep people excited and interested over the hiatus
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

well I didn't know it was gonna be different so I didn't tape it ..but if they do a repeat on Friday .. I'll do some screen caps ..I'll check later tonight ...and put it on select

Caty

As always, you are too good to us! Thanks, Caty!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
              it still seems a bit odd that we have no real spoilers at all for the second half of season eight, just vague plot lines..espcially considering how early we were spoiled for the first half (and i mean spoiled...how early was that dreaded
              Spoiler:
              proposal
              photo released?) surely now's the time to show some photos, let slip some plot details, to keep people excited and interested over the hiatus
              I'm hoping that's because of the rumoured rewrites of the later eps due to the equally rumoured S9. Although since that seems unlikely, I'm also hoping it's because they've been reading this thread, and realising how much we've suffered up to now, they're rewriting it to give us a shippy ending, the likes of which we've never dared dream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                i think what happened is....they realised people love the ship. they realised that the had totally underpromoted the ship. pushing pete to the front, ignoring teh sam/jack ship was driving people away. shippers were just saying 'oh sod this, if this is how they treat the ship, then i'm off' . so...when they had to promote it here, via the lowdown.....then they put the ship back. they played up the ship. they showed teh grace kiss twice, one in the middle of a conversation about pete (and right before RDA says pete is no threat to o'neill, with that delicious wicked grin). i think they figured out they want the ship..so they gave it to us. hope they carry on giving us our ship.

Spoiler:
                proposal

No news ..good news ..I think we're on for the big surprise ...and they just keep the good shippy scenes locked away ...for now

After the lowdown tonight ...got to be ..I hope they 'll repeat the Lowdown on Friday like they usually do ...Haven't checked yet ..I'm scared!!! ....I 'd love to do screen caps for all the US shippers. Let's pray it's back on ..on friday

If not ...has somebody taped it ? send me the tape ..I'll do screencaps ..and send it back to you .. What will we do for Sam and Jack ???hey ..Anything

PS : Apparently it's repeated again at 8pm on Saturday ..so should tape it then.

Caty
                Last edited by Catysg1; 28 September 2004, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Caty
                  Caty, they repeat it on Saturday at 8pm on Sky 1.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    Caty, they repeat it on Saturday at 8pm on Sky 1.

Thank you Bev I should be able to tape it then and do some screencaps on Sunday

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                      howdy shippers! I made my desision thanks for all of your help and i have decided de[site general bad hair from the whole cast apart from Teal'c and hammy (for obvious reasons) I'm going to gow ith season 3 on friday! *bounces up and down* I can't wait!!! And as for the person who is giving red points- no body panic yeah it's annoying but what can we do- we shouldn't waste our breath! We should carry on talking bout s/j!!!!!!just in case any1 says "well yo didn't get one..>" I did get one and the speeling was terrible!! lol.

Great choice on the signature!!! Although I do love the one with Piper and Phoebe too. But that one is just....*big shippy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        WOW!
                        Whose hands are those - unless I've missed a very important episode it's not Sam and Jack (I can dream, however) ?
                        Well, it's the shippy love scene from "Threads"

Just kidding...

It's from "UP CLOSE & PERSONAL" with Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert Redford....

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          I'm hoping that's because of the rumoured rewrites of the later eps due to the equally rumoured S9. Although since that seems unlikely, I'm also hoping it's because they've been reading this thread, and realising how much we've suffered up to now, they're rewriting it to give us a shippy ending, the likes of which we've never dared dream!!!
                          so season 9 is more than just a fantasy, it's at the 'might happen' stage? wow, though i really don't think i could stand to have teh ship stretched out any longer.

as for a shippier ending then we dare dream..i dunno, i've had some passionate and spectacular sam and jack dreams! but, ok, i'll go with your explaination for now . i like that one
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                            okay, I'm back for a minute just to share...I got a bad rep point too...apparently "screw is a derogatory word"...ROFLMAO

oh, and to the person with too much time on their hands who's giving these rep points for no reason: grow up and get a life. And if you give me a bad rep point for this, I'm just gonna be laughing...

so, to my (((shipper family))): I say we just laugh this off and not let it get to us...

<dancing and chanting in my serpent guard armor with a staff weapon> Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                            I got hit by the "Doesn't Know How to Spell" Bad Rep Point Fairy!!

"Hamind is moore honourable than that"

LOL! Too bad they are a newbie. They aren't taking much away with their one little point...

Oh, it really doesn't take much to amuse this Shipper Family!! No ship on SG, we can laugh about people that evidently have too much time on their hands and nothing serious to contribute!!

That's what I love about this thread (other than the wonderful senarios that people think up and videos that are posted) we have a good time with each other and can laugh in the face of adversity!

After eight years of waiting for Jack and Sam to finally be together, we HAVE to laugh in the face of adversity!

Comment

lol right on meimei!!!
                              *big shipper hug*

hobbitrul
                              Sam and Jack...Meant to be!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                                Sorry, This turned out longer than I expected. --and there'll be SPOILERS!! for "Threads," so be careful!
                                Michelleb, this is exactly the way I feel, too. I want to hear for certain that Sam has broken her engagement with Pete, but I don't want to see it. Give the screen time to Sam and Jack, fcol!

I got to thinking about what I *would* want to see, and here's my senario--Cheese alert! I have to admit that I personally don't like dialogue senarios, but that's just how it came out.

Bucky

THE SCENE
                                Bucky....That scene was great...I really enjoyed it and hopefully *something* like that will happen
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X