This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    But I think many of us were involved in that certain non-PG chat room… at least I’ll step up & admit to it… (I think I was in there for a few hours before you may have gone there) But I won’t name *names* of any other family I just happened to see while I was there!
    Non-PG??? All I remember talking about was food, mainly dessert.....oh wait...now I remember why it was non-PG!!!

But… *big smile* I did work on the fanfic a lot… maybe sooner rather than later I can get it to the point where it can be beta’d & uploaded somewhere to share w/everyone.
    Well stop talking and get writing woman! We need more fic NOW!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

"(Did you ever check out the "Against Pete" Thread"

Thanks ShimmeringStar for suggesting that. I feel strangely better now, knowing there as many others who feel about the way I do. I also posted there myself! ah! horrible man....for my thoughts on Pete, check it out.

Amra
      Last edited by amra; 26 September 2004, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        Hey guys,

I finally got the pix up of julie (sugarshaker), tony (t-gate) and I from the NJ con in August.

http://community.webshots.com/album/191936146aMykRy

It was great spending time with these gals... oh, and the con was cool, too.

ship sistah
        ship sistah...are those some of Ship Nana's great Shipper Cookies that you and our fellow shippers are eating in these pictures?? It is so wonderful to actually see a non-virtual cookie. Maybe you could sell these at your store!!

I am also so excited for you that your t-shirts are getting such wonderful recognition. What a fun place to be.... (((((((ship sister)))))))
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

(((((((Lt. Lisa))))))) and all the other Florida Shippers....Once again, and hopefully for the last time, we send our hugs and love for safety during the hurricane. FCOL. Enough is enough isn't it???
          Desperate Thunker

Comment

[QUOTE=shelsfc]*ahem* You may have been right the first time!

Sorry, I can say it! I'm obsessed! Completely madly obsessed with ship! woohoo!!

I was a J/C shipper too! so I was MASSIVELY biased, it was still a rubbish move on the writers part though. (Off-topic, sorry)

Here be spoilers!

So agree with you on the catalyst Kerry thing. When I actually first found out about Kerry I actually smiled and started laughing. At such a point in the series I dont think she can be anything other than a plot device for S/J. Least I bloomin well 'ope so

Amra
            Last edited by amra; 26 September 2004, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amra
              Adopt me into the shipper family! Its the wee hours of the morning over here in england, I've been cruising around the internet for hours going through countless forums and reading threads on the shipper debates. I feel so down about Sam and Jack right now, I always come back to the GateWorlds S/J thread because you guys somehow manage to be so positive about it that you always make me feel better. You know in all my years of shipping for sci-fi couples, (and I've shipped for quite a few) I dont think I've ever seen such debate over a 'ship' as I have for Sam/Jack, its amazing how much ppl have to say on the topic. Some of the flames and rants I've just read from anti-shippers have really quite depressed me, despite myself. I've always felt thats theres something so intrinsically RIGHT about Sam and Jack, I hate seeing them bashed. oh well, everyone is welcome to their opinions, I must remember that. cheer me up! remind me how great Sam and Jack are! Because I keep thinking they'll never end up together... after 8 years of watching this show they damn well better or....

Amra
              Welcome Amra....you don't have to be adopted into this wonderful family because you're already a member just because you ship!

Welcome to all the other recent de-lurkers too. It is hard to keep up with all the hatchings....the more the merrier. Ship, Ship Away.
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

You know, I think I'm going to refer to kerry now and always as Catalyst Kerry, if only I could find a rhyme for Pete? <looks round> hint hint.

amra

Comment

Originally posted by amra
                  Adopt me into the shipper family! Its the wee hours of the morning over here in england, I've been cruising around the internet for hours going through countless forums and reading threads on the shipper debates. I feel so down about Sam and Jack right now, I always come back to the GateWorlds S/J thread because you guys somehow manage to be so positive about it that you always make me feel better. You know in all my years of shipping for sci-fi couples, (and I've shipped for quite a few) I dont think I've ever seen such debate over a 'ship' as I have for Sam/Jack, its amazing how much ppl have to say on the topic. Some of the flames and rants I've just read from anti-shippers have really quite depressed me, despite myself. I've always felt thats theres something so intrinsically RIGHT about Sam and Jack, I hate seeing them bashed. oh well, everyone is welcome to their opinions, I must remember that. cheer me up! remind me how great Sam and Jack are! Because I keep thinking they'll never end up together... after 8 years of watching this show they damn well better or....

Amra
                  Poor Amra! This is the perfect place to put yourself up for adoption! Welcome! Grab a chair, some cookies, a drink or two. Watch some excellent vids by our movies makers and read some fic and you'll feel better in no time! You can even buy some shipper stuff from the Shipper Store! (Mei Mei is still in love with her cookie mug and "Got Ship" t-shirt!)

I wouldn't say we are obsessed with Jack and Sam, oh, wait, yes I would, but it's a fun obsession! I try not to read the anti stuff cause it'll put me in a bad mood! The Shipper thread (and of course the RDA Thunk thread) are my happy places! And the cookies go well with my happy pills!

(Mei Mei is happier when slightly medicated....and yes, for all you out there that are tsk, tsking their tongues, Mei Mei's happy pills are prescription!)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Suekay presents...

The Third Race

Warning - Spud alert!
                    My Shipper wish, just for me....I sure do wish that RL would settle down enough that I could spend ten hours on the computer catching up on all the new videos and fanfics that you all have been working on...MeiMei, Mala, Marimba, Caty, sueKay and all the others of you that work so hard to keep us in Ship. But alas, that won't be happening any time soon. It's OK don't feel bad for me (well, OK feel a little bad ) I'll get my day soon and then you better watch out because the earth will shake because I won't be able to contain all that Ship.
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

"Poor Amra! This is the perfect plact to put yourself up for adoption! Welcome! Grab a chair, some cookies, a drink or two. Watch some excellent vids by our movies makers and read some fic and you'll feel better in no time! You can even buy some shipper stuff from the Shipper Store! (Mei Mei is still in love with her cookie mug and "Got Ship" t-shirt!)"

Cheers Mei Mei!
                      <grins and munchs on cookies whilst watching S/J vids>

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                        Good job and thank you for these pics!!! And WELCOME Thinkey!!! Post lots and dont forget to stock up on the Shipper Cookies for our SG drought!

I feel speecial now. I got two welcomes

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          *faints with shock*

I can't believe it! It's been nearly 90 minutes since someone posted on this thread! Either you're all dead, or the world is ending......

Well, don't you fear, lostelf and I (who are chatting right now) will take up to cause! We've got plans.......
                          You mean LostElf was awake! LOL!

Well, Mei Mei was trying to write more shippy stories but her headache was interfering! Now her head feels better she had to come in and see what was going on in the Shipper Thread!

Sipping coffee from my shipper mug! (Sacme is the greatest!)

Shipperr family is the greatest!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            Here's what she wrote back:

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks so much. I found your site through the thread at gateworld.net. I love Stargate
                            and as my husband says, I am obsessed with it. One of the people doing the spread
                            with Red asked me to find something to wear that would reflect me, my husband jokingly
                            said it should be a Stargate t-shirt, so I ran with that idea. But like I said, I saw your shirt
                            and loved it. I would be more than happy to send you a copy of the proofs that are used
                            (I should have in Nov/Dec) and a copy of the magazine, which will be out for issue in
                            either January or February. As far as giving credit I have asked my agent about this and
                            really there isn't a way to give credit for the shirt in the Red magazine, the most they
                            might do would be to mention the shirt in a brief article. But he is currently negotiating on
                            the full spread with article in another magazine using the same photos, if this happens I
                            will happily put something in the interview article. As far as them putting an actual
                            reference (usually found in the back of magazines or under pictures) for the shirt they will
                            not do this since they are not being paid for advertising.
                            If this changes anything let me know.
                            I will give your web address and name to my the person who will be doing my fittings and
                            let her order the shirts she thinks will work best. Thanks again.

Much appreciation,

Tabitha

She's a shipper, she'll do what she can for us. I wished her good luck with the shoot and the mags and told her to come visit and say hello.

ship sistah
                            This is absolutely fantastic! And she's on GW? Where? You are the greatest, Sacme! Your hard work reaps not only my new fav coffee mug but international fame and fortune for the Sam/Jack Shippers everwhere!!

Does Mei Mei see a Lifetime movie in the making??

(Yes, Mei Mei watches way too much Lifetime when she's not shipping for Jack/Sam!!)

Comment

[QUOTE=amra]
                              Originally posted by shelsfc
                              *ahem* You may have been right the first time!

Sorry, I can say it! I'm obsessed! Completely madly obsessed with ship! woohoo!!

I was a J/C shipper too! so I was MASSIVELY biased, it was still a rubbish move on the writers part though. (Off-topic, sorry)

Amra
                              Oh boy. Maybe this is my cue to run again before i get caught up...

heh...back in the day i was the one who spoiled shattered and workforce....

Oh...any J/Cers remember voyager virutal season 8? *smirk*

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                                Obsessed? Me obsessed? *twitch twitch* Now where did I put that video?
                                Obsessed!? Nikki!? Nah, fanatical, preoccupied, fixated, possessed, passionate, fervent, zealous, maybe...

Uh, oh, I think I just described Mei Mei, too....

Comment

Working...
                                X