X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    LOL ..A video only takes me 2 hours to make ..so no stress here .. I'm fast

Caty
    Oi... I'm so jealous. I spent four hours on 'She Will Be Loved' eventually crawling into bed at three in the morning. I have this habit of linking loads of itty bitty clips together that take ages to cut and slice into place. I just discovered a new toy on my movie maker though, so I'm merging clips better now with fade and pixellate effects...
    Liking the new vid, btw.

Comment

I would give a donation towards that myself <BG> and welcome back marimba.

smiles and hugs
      scottishshipper

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
        Der Song von Pur ist sicher gut, oops ... The song from Pur is great, but I think maybe it should be done from the fans p.o.v. I mean we *are* still here after all these years and we even endure , ... and we still stay 'troy'.
        As a matter of fact, it's become a bit of a hymn for Shippers over at Stargate-Palace. (For everyone who doesn't speak German, the song's title means "We are still here".) I would love to do a fan video. Thing is, I'd need lots of convention videos and pictures and it would probably take months to collect them. We'll already have to edit Accidentally in Love for the German City Con because it includes scenes from other conventions and we're not allowed to use them.

Another song is "Sie sieht die Sonne" (She sees the sun), I'd love to do an Amanda/Sam-Video for that one. It just has her name written all over it.

Xavier Naidoo's music is really great because it's not that "I love you, oh baby baby blah blah" music that's all over the place. There are some really good lyrics which talk about the kind of life are we living, how we treat other people and so on. I really like that. And "Dein Leben" (Your Life) would make such a great Stargate-over-the-years-video. You can watch the video online at his official site, btw:

http://www.soehne-mannheims.de/conte...framepop7.html

At the bottom of the screen, the left button is for "Dein Leben" and the right one is for "Babylon System" (which, come to think of it, would be cool for a video about the fight against the Goa'uld).

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Clap, clap, clap. I have to say TPTB would be proud of you .. this little scene has about the right amount of vagueness ... could have been a little more IMHO, but then I'm no expert on this field. Just teasin' ya, sounds really nice. My personal favourite is still that one where Jack just shoves a ring on Sam's finger ... that is the most subtle of all the scenarios we have come up with so far.

Estelle xxx
          I guess my mind was filling in the blanks so nicely, I didn't notice just *how vague* it was. Aaaccckkkk! I've been brainwashed by TPTB!

So, at the end, he pulls out a ring box with 2 rings, engagement and wedding, and shoves the first ring on her finger and says "this will do till we get there."
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            OK, I know this is not how it's going to be (my disclaimer), but this scenario could be interesting (S8 Gemini):
            Spoiler:

Sam(holding RepliSam by the shoulders): NO! He's mine Da** it!"
            RepliSam(dropkicking Sam back away from Jack, who is crumpled in a heap on the floor): I don' think so!
            Sam(rushing back up to punch RS back against the wall): I don't think you heard me too well the first time did you?!
            RepliSam(grabbing hold of the neck of Sam's uniform): Apparently I didn't.
            Sam(grabbing RepliSam's throat): Mine.
            RepliSam: Mine!
            Sam:MINE!
            *Jack moans in pain*
            *both Sams turn toward him*
            Jack(moaning deliriously) Couldn't I have both of you? (moans again) ...be like having twins.... (faints)

Just an off the wall scenario that struck me when I read Lunar's statement...
            Let me go back to RL stuff... will check back in later today...

LOL.....Well done Shimmering Star post the script to TPTB .........................now....

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
              A little question: I was just watching "Fire and Water" again and during the wake at Jack's house, there's this beautiful guitar music playing in the background. Does anyone have the DVD and can take a look at the credits and tell me if there is any information on that music? I'd love to know the title or who wrote it. Thanks!
              The credits don't give specific song titles. I looked. I've looked before on other eps. The music editor's name is Marc S. Perlman. But that is the only credits given for music besides the original Stargate themes by David Arnold.

Sorry.

ETA: I think I recognize the music. If it comes to me I will let you know!

Comment

To all my shipper Sam and Jack family

Caty's new video 65 "Why don't you and I" Carlos Santana ..feat...Chad kroger

Everytime Jack tries to talk to Sam, he gets tongue tied & all comes out wrong but.......he's like a love-sick puppy chasing her around.

I love Carlos Santana's music and will do more of him later

The link is in my sig

Enjoy

Caty aka ShipDiva
                Hold On: I love your choice of clips for this one. You used a lot of none-standard S/J clips but I think they fit perfectly. Great job.

Why Don't You and I: Now this rocks! There's this one line and the clip you chose for it*rofl* ... I had to laugh so hard my sides still hurt. It's when he sings 'oh here we go again'. Anyway the other line that was fabulous is when he's singing 'everything I say to you comes out wrong, never comes out right' and you added the TLC scene *melts* ... wonderful vid, really gorgeous.

Estelle xxx
                Abu: This is a woman?
                O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I love the fight in Avenger 2.0... Does that make Felger a shipper too? (Why else insert Jack, who tells him to shush no less and settles down to watch the fight, does he not?) It would be so cool if Sam was fighting replicarter for Jack in Gemini, even if it wasn't in an explicitly 'shippy' way...you know, like any member of SG-1 would have done it she just happens to be the first one that turns up or something like that (You know how tptb like to leave us projecting scenarios onto their vague outlines!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                    Oi... I'm so jealous. I spent four hours on 'She Will Be Loved' eventually crawling into bed at three in the morning. I have this habit of linking loads of itty bitty clips together that take ages to cut and slice into place. I just discovered a new toy on my movie maker though, so I'm merging clips better now with fade and pixellate effects...
                    Liking the new vid, btw.

I cut and slice too ..but it 's quiclky done ..I suppose it's because I did so many ..I speed up whithout noticing it ..but I always check each bits of clips straight after ..to make sure it matches ok...with the music ...the words ..ect ...and if I'm happy ..I move on to the next cutting and slicing.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      OK, I know this is not how it's going to be (my disclaimer), but this scenario could be interesting (S8 Gemini):
                      Spoiler:

Sam(holding RepliSam by the shoulders): NO! He's mine Da** it!"
                      RepliSam(dropkicking Sam back away from Jack, who is crumpled in a heap on the floor): I don' think so!
                      Sam(rushing back up to punch RS back against the wall): I don't think you heard me too well the first time did you?!
                      RepliSam(grabbing hold of the neck of Sam's uniform): Apparently I didn't.
                      Sam(grabbing RepliSam's throat): Mine.
                      RepliSam: Mine!
                      Sam:MINE!
                      *Jack moans in pain*
                      *both Sams turn toward him*
                      Jack(moaning deliriously) Couldn't I have both of you? (moans again) ...be like having twins.... (faints)

Just an off the wall scenario that struck me when I read Lunar's statement...
                      Let me go back to RL stuff... will check back in later today...
                      Oh, you are so bad, missy!! But I like it!!

Comment

I cut and slice too ..but it 's quiclky done ..I suppose it's because I did so many ..I speed up whithout noticing it ..but I always check each bits of clips straight after ..to make sure it matches ok...with the music ...the words ..ect ...and if I'm happy ..I move on to the next cutting and slicing.

Caty
                        Okay. somebody told me how to make vids before, but I can't remember!!
                        My computer doesn't play dvds, so what software do I need; Where can I get it from; and how much does it cost?
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hold On: I love your choice of clips for this one. You used a lot of none-standard S/J clips but I think they fit perfectly. Great job.

Why Don't You and I: Now this rocks! There's this one line and the clip you chose for it*rofl* ... I had to laugh so hard my sides still hurt. It's when he sings 'oh here we go again'. Anyway the other line that was fabulous is when he's singing 'everything I say to you comes out wrong, never comes out right' and you added the TLC scene *melts* ... wonderful vid, really gorgeous.

Estelle xxx

Estelle .. When I put the clip on the "Oh here we go again" ...it matches the music so well and made me really laugh too ...I thought everybody would love it great moment in the video ....and the TLC clip ..I Remembered...that Jack was doing something with his mouth ..and was a bit shy for a moment ...so I used that one .

Thank you

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Okay. somebody told me how to make vids before, but I can't remember!!
                            My computer doesn't play dvds, so what software do I need; Where can I get it from; and how much does it cost?

Hey are you ready for that ..the first time I made a video ..my very first ..it took me 3 weeks ..

For the software... Hollywood Movie maker(I use that one ), pinnacle studio.(I have that one ..but very complex ....and a little problem to accept my mpeg clips ..., but I can't wait to get started ....once I get more memory for my PC)....
                            if capturing from VHS ...you need a TV tuner card ..hardware ..and software.
                            If capturing from DVD...you need a Dvd Converter.

.....and that was the easy part...

Then ...you need to learn how to use all those things .... not an easy job I'm glad ...I don't have to do it again...blind me ..it took me a while

Good luck Suekay

caty

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                              I guess my mind was filling in the blanks so nicely, I didn't notice just *how vague* it was. Aaaccckkkk! I've been brainwashed by TPTB!
                              Now you see what happens when you're hanging around with the wrong guys ...

So, at the end, he pulls out a ring box with 2 rings, engagement and wedding, and shoves the first ring on her finger and says "this will do till we get there."
                              *nods* Yes that has potential. *floating away in my ship of love* I think those yellow cookies have finally kicked in.

Estelle xxx
                              Abu: This is a woman?
                              O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                              O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                              Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                              Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                              Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                              Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Practise makes perfect, I guess. I only recently got bitten by the music vid bug so I don't claim to be any good at it! Fanfic is my medium, For the most part I find songfic a bit tedious, so that's why I like videos. You can get all the emotion of the song... sometimes the words alone can't convey it.

Comment

Working...
                                X