X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Jack is a great guy ....I love him too

So not Jack and kerry for the time being ...but JACK AND CATY and I kiss him everywhere

caty
    There is nothing not to love about Jack he's just amazing
    And those eyes....how can anyone not love those eyes!!!

If you can fight off Tame and Mala and Jacksbabe and Kliggins and the oh so many other people who love Jack then, until he and Sam come to their senses and get together, he's all yours and you can keep on kissing him everywhere

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      I have to say that if there is a Season 9 but without RDA, I will not be watching. In the past when episodes were Jackless, and the others mentioned him and said he was away for one reason or another, I didn't enjoy the rest of the show. For me he is the reason I watch, besides the ship, and although I have come to like the other characters, I don't think that they are enough to carry the show IMO. I have felt a sense of loss with Hammond and Fraiser gone, could you imagine a major major main character like Jack. Even with Sam and Jack together I would be more interested in seeing their life together or expecting him to walk in, just mentioning his name wouldn't be enough for me. So that is why I am hoping, expecting, praying for a positive resolution to their relationship in Season 8 besides the fact that it is well overdue. On the other hand if there is a Season 9 and RDA does come back, then I think, as I said before, that there would be enough to explore in their relationship. Sidenote; if there are enough people who want Stargate to continue without RDA, I hope for them that it does.

Also I don't agree with, the resolution of ship means the demise of the show. I have shipped over many a show and in most well before the resolution of the ship the show was ailing (Remington Seele, Moonlighting,....) Most of the time they give the resolution to relationships as a means to save the show and pull the viewers back. In my opinion, this is the absolute worst reason for the resolution of ship for the exact reason that it gives ship a bad name. Sometimes I think it is because the writers wait so, so, long before the resolution that most fans give up: also, because they don't write it with the same quality of writing they have for the rest of the episodes. It takes a very insightful writer to pull it off and maybe what we are saying is that there aren't many of those. One more thing, I also think that by the time they do resolve the ship, with the desperation of rescuing the show, that they bring the ship part of the show to the main front or A plot when I think that ship really belongs in the C plot, where you know it is there but the A and B plot carry the show and you visit the C plot every once in a while. In that way you keep all different fans involved at the same time.

Oh well, hope I haven't confused you all, but believe me I have had years of shipper depression where I have had time to think about this.
      I know what you mean, its taken me a while to get used to all the changes in Season 8 and I still haven't got used to Sam calling Jack General and everybody calling Sam Colonel and I really do miss Hammond and Doc Fraiser
      And i've got to admit that Jack is the main character, I love every member of SG-1 but Jack is the integral one, without him Stargate wouldn't be Stargate...but saying that I would still watch Season 9 without RDA as long as Jack and Sam got together at the end of Season 8 and Jack is off base because he has retired...as long as he was mentioned in nearly every episode and RDA had some guest appearences in at least 5 episodes then I would be happy to watch a season 9 I think it would be worth it just to be able to see Sam and Jack as a couple!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
        I STILL THINK WHITNEY HOUSTONS I WANNA RUN TO YOU IS THE PERFECT SONG

each day each day i play the role of some-one always in control
        but at night i come home and turn the key there's nobody here no-one cares for
        me
        i wanna run to you.....

caty marimba please if you have time.....

wynterxx
        I like the sound of that!
        It would be a great music vid
        Now its just up to one of our brilliant Music Vid makers to snatch it up......let the battle commmence

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
          Threads spoilers
          Spoiler:

I was one of several people who've said the relationship is being kept a secret. Kerry says something in the scene in Jack's backyard to the effect that Jack didn't want anybody on base knowing about their relationship. It doesn't strike me as terribly characteristic, but there it is.

Personally, I agree with whomever said up thread that it's just contrivance to up the drama. They're all acting a little out of character lately for the sake of drama. We wouldn't get the shock value if Sam knew about Kerry, so it's a secret.

Whatever. They want their big drama. Don't try to look much deeper into it than that, it'll only make your head hurt. We just need to hang in there for the happy ending.

Sam admits she's not happy with Pete and feels like she's making a big mistake. Kerry dumps Jack because he's still hung up on Sam and notinvested in them. She even suggests a solution to the regs problem. No way this huge dramatic arc is going to end with Jack dumped by one womand and rejected by another so she can go make her big mistake and live unhappily ever after. No way. This ship's sailing.
          You use the word "drama" a lot in your reply here, auralan, and I find that interesting. When my hubs and girls (one was watching and one was on the computer listening) watched Affinity with me (yes, I did make them watch it) they all agreed that it was like watching a soap opera. The acting had just way too much "drama". And, now that I think about it, I can see their point---even though they hurt my feelings when they said it. It is being played a bit over the top. If it were Sam and Jack causing the drama, well then, bring it on!
          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            Oh Yeah. I forgot to mention that I love the Spud and Stud names. It took me awhile to catch up with the posts today and you reminded me with another snicker. Good one! Of course, we do know which is which, yes?
            ROTFL!
            Rogue's post reminded me too
            I love the Potatohead name, but 'The Spudster' beats everything!!
            And I love the Spud or Stud comparison!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
              Has anyone read on Gateworld that TPTB are considering a straight to DVD movie for Stargate? I am not thrilled with their ideas so far. First, it is straight to DVD. I want a big feature film! Second, the story is set to take place in season 2. Um, hello? We want to see how things continue (esp with Jack and Sam), not go backwards!

What does everyone else think?
              But this does mean that RDA will be in it AND we can watch it over and over and over and over and over and over again. To see if we can spot any Sam/Jack angst, of course.
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Well, reading over Auralan's recent posts, I can only say...

Spoiler:
                Pete's no threat to O'Neill; Kerry's no threat to Sam.

Ten little words, folks, ten little words.

Mel
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                  Spoiler:

Can you imagine sam thinking she has lost jack well and truley and decides to bring the wedding forward like that afternoon!!!!

wynterxx
                  I almost died when I saw that!!!!
                  Don't scare me like that ever again! Please...I can't take it...TPTB are playing with my emotions enough

I need a cookie.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    Has anyone read on Gateworld that TPTB are considering a straight to DVD movie for Stargate? I am not thrilled with their ideas so far. First, it is straight to DVD. I want a big feature film! Second, the story is set to take place in season 2. Um, hello? We want to see how things continue (esp with Jack and Sam), not go backwards!

What does everyone else think?
                    Do you think there's any possibility that they may try to actually confirm the S/J ship in this movie, somehow validate that it does exist, so that in the series finale they could get by with a more subtle ship ending? I was thinking they could have a moment where they confirm that Sam and Jack have an agreement that when the battle is over they will be together. Then, in the series finale, all they need to do is say "it's time to fulfill that agreement" or some such. Then the anti-shippers could just avoid the movie and all is well.
                    Just trying to cast a shippy cloud over it, I guess.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

You use the word "drama" a lot in your reply here, auralan, and I find that interesting. When my hubs and girls (one was watching and one was on the computer listening) watched Affinity with me (yes, I did make them watch it) they all agreed that it was like watching a soap opera. The acting had just way too much "drama". And, now that I think about it, I can see their point---even though they hurt my feelings when they said it. It is being played a bit over the top. If it were Sam and Jack causing the drama, well then, bring it on!
                      I agree that it's too over the top. I'm not big on this kind of soapy drama, but I know the form well enough to be able to see where they're going with it. I'm more worried about not enjoying it than I am where it's going in the end.
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                        I almost died when I saw that!!!!
                        Don't scare me like that ever again! Please...I can't take it...TPTB are playing with my emotions enough

I need a cookie.
                        Have an every color shipper cookie. It'll make you forget all about that little bit of speculation.

It's all going to be okay in the end. Pete's just a speedbump on the way to the happy ending. Our ship will sail.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                          Do you think there's any possibility that they may try to actually confirm the S/J ship in this movie, somehow validate that it does exist, so that in the series finale they could get by with a more subtle ship ending? I was thinking they could have a moment where they confirm that Sam and Jack have an agreement that when the battle is over they will be together. Then, in the series finale, all they need to do is say "it's time to fulfill that agreement" or some such. Then the anti-shippers could just avoid the movie and all is well.
                          Just trying to cast a shippy cloud over it, I guess.
                          I think season 2 is way too early for that. Denial was a bit of a plot point in season 4, so they can't have really talked about it before them. Sigh. It was a nice thought, just unlikely IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                            I agree that it's too over the top. I'm not big on this kind of soapy drama, but I know the form well enough to be able to see where they're going with it. I'm more worried about not enjoying it than I am where it's going in the end.
                            I agree, again, with you here about not enjoying it. I am not worried about the outcome because, frankly, I don't see any other possible resolution than for Sam and Jack to get together. But getting there isn't too fun at the moment. I miss the UST. Instead we have: In Your Face Ignoring of Feelings Laced with Stupit (stupidity). Or whatever you want to call it.
                            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              ((((((((Tracey)))))))and for you I'll make the Celine Dion song that you have requested.

Caty
                              well I just know the lyrics are perfect for M&S or Sam and Jack and that’s why I suggested it. So I take it you actually got sent the mp3 of it??? I have a few more ideas for X-files ones but I won't bug you with it yet!

You Know, I am in such a good mood today (apart form the fact that I have to work tomorrow) that in a moment I have decided to put on a marathon of shippy episodes. I have my friends (I will make them shippers ) and some wine so I am all set.

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I agree, again, with you here about not enjoying it. I am not worried about the outcome because, frankly, I don't see any other possible resolution than for Sam and Jack to get together. But getting there isn't too fun at the moment. I miss the UST. Instead we have: In Your Face Ignoring of Feelings Laced with Stupit (stupidity). Or whatever you want to call it.
                                On the plus side though, we have been getting some very shippy scenes as a result! Like the one in Affinity - from what people are saying, yeah it was angsty scene, but a very shippy one too. And I think someone made this point before, but while Pete is in the picture, Jack & Sam can have more caring moments, like in Heroes & Death Knell, without the threat being accused of breaking any regs - if anybody says something, they can just say, "don't be ridiculous, Sam's going out with that guy"

Comment

Working...
                                X