This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey caty,

How is my whitney houston coming along i can't wait!!

it seems every-one is not coming on-line that often i wonder if they have found some-where else or they are still having problem with servers

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      Estelle: I've always thought that that was what hallucination Jacob meant...
      Phew, after no one replied I thought I was the only one. Thx for reassuring me,

Estelle xxx
      Abu: This is a woman?
      O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
      O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
      Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
      Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
      Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
      Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        affinity spoilers, season 8

This might seem off from what you've wrote above, but something you said made me think of what I'd been thinking about earlier... did that make sense?
        Hm, ... nope.

Anyhoo, I've come to realize that the 'ring showing' scene in Affinity was made to have multiple conclusions. And here's another.

When Sam said, "what about you? If things had been different.... " She could have just as easily meant things different between her and Jack. And when Jack answered, "I wouldn't be here" could just as easily meant... 'I know you're fretting right now, Carter, on this whole is it worth it to have a family and travel through the gate at the same time stuff. For me, I was able to have both career and family, but I always had Sara behind to take care of things, and I while my job left the possibility that I'd never come back or die, it was still not as dangerous as being on an SG team. So for me... I've already had the prize... and lost it. So you ask me if things had been different... If things had been different, Carter, I wouldn't be here... because I know what I'm missing now, and I won't take the same risks on losing it again. I've had my run, and I have no problems concentrating on family first and foremost now. So if things had been different... I'd retire and let you do your thing, Carter.'

Sally
        I think that's perfectly possible. In fact I like all the interpretations I've heard so far and since we all have so many different opinions and views on it it may well be possible that they were talking at cross-purposes.

Estelle xxx

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          I love your band! What's the name of it?

Sally
          I think it's the "Band of Hope"!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            You make some very good points nickatell especially about the quality of writing going downhill after the angst is resolved in many shows. It's like they run out of stories because they've been concentrating on the angst so much that they lost contact with the content of the show. That's why I think that all of this that we are going through right now with Sam/Jack/ /Kerry is to help with the story writing after. Sort of putting the cart before the horse if you will. Hopefully giving more plot to the stories for possible future episodes.

And I think that I'll still be able to watch even without RDA only because I know how important family is---and that it must come first in RL. He will be much missed since he is such a hunk but if the stories are still good, I'll still be there.
            I agree - if the writing improves I'll continue to watch without RDA. (I could watch him read the phone book). But as back story I'd like to know that he and Carter are together so we can concentrate on Sci Fi and not Soap opera. I certainly would not be opposed to him showing up a few times a season to help out Thor or his other buddies when only the best will do.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
              it seems every-one is not coming on-line that often i wonder if they have found some-where else or they are still having problem with servers

wynterxx
              Dunno, I think GW pissed many of us off with it's 'issues'. It's hard to participate in a discussion if you can't read the posts of your shipper friends. I just hope Darren & Co will have this fixed soon.

Estelle xxx

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                Threads spoilers....well,not really spoilers, just discussion,but to be on the safe side...
                What's more right now I'm a little confused:who said that J/K relationship is a secret?Frankly I don't see Jack as a guy who would have secret affair with anyone if he didn't do it with Sam.
                Threads spoilers
                Spoiler:

I was one of several people who've said the relationship is being kept a secret. Kerry says something in the scene in Jack's backyard to the effect that Jack didn't want anybody on base knowing about their relationship. It doesn't strike me as terribly characteristic, but there it is.

Personally, I agree with whomever said up thread that it's just contrivance to up the drama. They're all acting a little out of character lately for the sake of drama. We wouldn't get the shock value if Sam knew about Kerry, so it's a secret.

Whatever. They want their big drama. Don't try to look much deeper into it than that, it'll only make your head hurt. We just need to hang in there for the happy ending.

Sam admits she's not happy with Pete and feels like she's making a big mistake. Kerry dumps Jack because he's still hung up on Sam and notinvested in them. She even suggests a solution to the regs problem. No way this huge dramatic arc is going to end with Jack dumped by one womand and rejected by another so she can go make her big mistake and live unhappily ever after. No way. This ship's sailing.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by meimei

Fishing would have been fine before, but now, if I have to sit through an ep with a half naked Ptui in bed with Sam, I need the same scene with Jack and Sam to erase the post traumatic stress!
                  Talk about something leaving a bad taste in your mouth - these vile images in my poor brain!

What would you like to see for RST - Jack and Sam in the cabin and one of them saying "Whatcha doin'"
                  Don't want Carter using the gaint magnifing glass on Jacks...ah... you know (this is pg right?)
                  sigpic
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    Talk about something leaving a bad taste in your mouth - these vile images in my poor brain!

What would you like to see for RST - Jack and Sam in the cabin and one of them saying "Whatcha doin'"
                    Don't want Carter using the gaint magnifing glass on Jacks...ah... you know (this is pg right?)
                    Oh bite your tongue woman!! We know that Jack has a big honkin'.........gun!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      Spoilers Season 8 "Threads" in case.
                      .Don't you guys kind of wonder how they are going to get all of this accomplished in one episode? Besides as someone stated earlier, here is another example of Kerry being thrown at us in one episode. If we didn't know (hope) that she calls it quits with Jack by the end of the episode, we would be dying again. I can't help being anxious about this episode, but considering recent events I'm also a little concerned. Consider it, we have Jack starting a romantic relationship, Sam majorly questioning her upcoming (be still my heart) marriage, Sam finding out about Jacks relationship with Kerry, Sam finding out that Jacob is possibly dying, and Daniel is considering ascending again, I don't know about you guys but I have seen two parters that don't have this much going on in them. My biggest concern about all of this is that we are all thinking, hoping and praying that this is going to lead to a resolution, but I am not so sure that TPTB would do all this in one episode. Now of course we are missing the resolution itself in this episode, but I wonder.....I'm just a little apprehensive to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

I checked back to an old tv guide that I have and by this time last year, we already knew that there was going to be a Season 8, that too makes me very nervous. I really hope that there is a season 9 with RDA also returning. They could explore so much with Sam and Jack already established and it would be nice to have Jack either anxiously awaiting a new baby, or with one already; it kind of would bring the whole show full circle.
                      That's what I thought---
                      Spoiler:

how can they do all this in one episode? I also think, in spite of this being a crucial episode for our hopes for S/J ,that this is probably a Jack/lite ep. BTW, is anyone else getting a bit tired of those one or two scenes of Jack in his office, like we're being thrown a bone, just to have him in an ep? I should be appreciative, since they're doing their best to work around his schedule, but sometimes it's just so obvious what they're doing. What am I saying--I am appreciative, but can he get out of that office and into some other clothes for the one or two scenes per ep?

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                        it shows sam is scared that if shows her true feelings to jack he might turn her away owwwwwwwwwwwww as if he would.

wynterxx
                        Didn't he say "Excuse me" when she called him Jack and her lying on a hospital bed with a concussion. I might be leary to tell the general I love him. (Actually I would have jumped him a few seasons ago but I'm not Carter, that silly, silly girl)
                        sigpic

Comment

//I can live with that!

Daniel: "Sam, how's Jack?"
                          Sam: *smiles dreamily* "He's fine Daniel... "
                          Daniel: *raises brow*
                          Sam: "I mean, he's doing just fine, Daniel... *swallows loudly* "I'll tell him you said hi."
                          //

me too!

and when does my truck of gold bars get here? Cause I'd be happy to cancel my student loans...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            yes, but
                            Spoiler:
                            as kerry is part of the oversight commitee isn't she, technically, jack's boss? and wouldn't that make him the boss' squeeze?
                            Somehow I like that much better.
                            sigpic

Comment

//I've just seen "Affinity"...and don't get me started.Was it even STARGATE episode?I guess as far as credits are concerned. //

no, we watched an AU version known as Soapgate

//May be ....Have you also tried to right click and "save target as" ..on your PC first ...You may just have to do that .//

tried it...I can watch Marimba's vids but not yours...will try DLing the program you suggested

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi

Comment

yeah, but he wasn't upset, just surprised...she never calls him Jack...remember my theory?

Well, my theory: Sam never calls him Jack cause she needs to keep him as 'Sir' or 'The Colonel' to keep her feelings under control. Same with Jack always calling her 'Carter'

btw, In the Line of Duty is SO shippy...watched it last night <g>

~Imzadi

Comment

Working...
                                X