Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiwigater have fun! same to anyone else who's going!

Estelle: I've always thought that that was what hallucination Jacob meant...

btw Caty and Marimba I would've included Keith Urban's 'You'll Think of Me' but its too angsty and we've got enough of that...what can I say, I love that cd...I listen to a weird combo of music (Keith Urban, Dido, Michele Branch, Linkin Park,Three Doors Down, etc.) guess we can blame Kel'sha...two people in one head <g>

oh, I need a link to Mala's potatoe collections...I can't find mine Thanks!

//I know lots of people (mostly boys, lol!) who really don't care if the ship is there or not. They aren't militantly anti-ship, nor are they pro-ship. They're just non-ship.//

me too Kari...my good friend (a guy) sees it but doesn't really care...I think he pays attention only cause I do and hes a sweetie (and knows I love it...)

(((SG1Happy))) Glad to have you back!

//Isn't *that* what got us in this mess in the first place?????????? //

lol waterfall, so true

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

SO, as some of you already know, I watched Chernobyl again. (for the aforementioned friend to see it and see why I hate Ptui so much...btw, he agreed <g>). So, he also agreed with our 'Ptui is really a Chimera' idea; he seemed even more convinced then me. Well, he seems to think that theres no way TPTB are gonna keep the story as is; he thinks SOMETHING is gonna happen to take it back to the realm of real scifi.

So Ship Nana, do I get another medal for this?

// agree with Nana -- we need KISSING, KISSING AND MORE KISSING!!//

I say we also need HWMS, HWMS, and MORE HWMS!!!!!

oy, thank God I have no class tomorrow...need to sleep and get stuff done...night shipper family

(((Shipper family)))

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi
      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I was reading a different forum and something that was printed there rang so true that I just had to share it with you all.

About Pete....he just does not fit into the Show

Yes he is a cop and has a working idea of good guy/bad guy, but I don't think that he get the battle that is realy happening. He is the type of person that makes *keeping the stargate a secret* nessacery. He would never be able to understand what Sam goes through so he could never be there for her. Him being there slows the story down to his level

Spoiler:
        Maybe that is why Affinity seemed to drag
        Gatetime

Comment

spoilers for S7 and S8 *eps and future eps and things that might be*

Originally posted by Critter
          I know this isn't a popular view right now but I hold strong to it because I know that Jack and Sam will be together. You can't help but see the shippiness regardless of the episode. So here goes.... I think that shipper angst is good for the ratings....

If you think about all the shows that have shipper angst, the minute they are resolved something is missing from the show. Go back to any show---JAG, Alias (don't watch it but apparently lots of you do ), Moonlighting, Star Trek TNG, Fraiser, Scrubs, the list goes on...let's face it we love to see that possiblity of love in the air. It makes us happy and full of hope. But as soon as the agnst is resolved, something is missing.
          I agree, angst is good and can be very juicy, it's just... I'm not enjoying this type of angst - showing Sam and/or Jack shippy with someone else. I'd have rather had the old reliable block in the road to shipper bliss - the regs! - than this 'other' stuff any day.

Out of the shows you listed above, I only watched Star Trek Next Gen and Jag... what resolutions are you talking about concerning these shows?

And when a ship is resolved, and you say something is missing... it's interesting writing that's missing! It's fun to imagine biting into that piece of cake you've been drooling for for a long time. But it's ten times more rewarding to me to actually eat it! I want my cake and eat it too!!!

Since we all know that our beloved Jack/RDA will probably not be back for another season of Stargate, TPTB are taking care of the loose ends first by giving us a good run for our money, wait, I mean a good story line that will explain his physical absence should there be a season 9. He can be part of the show by Sam talking about him without him being there.
          I can live with that!

Daniel: "Sam, how's Jack?"
          Sam: *smiles dreamily* "He's fine Daniel... "
          Daniel: *raises brow*
          Sam: "I mean, he's doing just fine, Daniel... *swallows loudly* "I'll tell him you said hi."

Whether this will work for us or not for us remains to be seen but it does give TPTB a way to continue the show by having explained it before it happens.
          Yes. If Threads goes the way it looks like, it's a foreshadow of things to come. *crosses fingers*

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
            I love Stargate, and I love all of SG-1, and all of SGC personnel, and everyone else, for that matter. It's hard to watch a regular character leave, very hard, but I still watch because I love the show. There is only one character's leaving that would make me possibly not watch anymore, and that is Jack. However, if Jack (RDA) left the show, but we knew that he was still a fixture in Carter's life, a very definate JackandSam thing, I think I could still watch. If they would just bring his name up in each episode, "Sam, how's Jack?", "you and Jack coming to the party", "Teal'c, here's that book Jack was talking about the other day". Just bring it up now and again so I don't feel like he's out of the picture (Sam's picture, in particular), and that he is still a part of all of their lives, even if *we* don't see him. That's all I ask for. Wish for. Hope for. Oh, and a little kiss would be nice. A big hoking kiss would be even better.
            Yes, blueiris, YES!!!

*quickly goes to make blueiris head writer for stargate*

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
              OK Shipper Family!! This Stargate fan is off to her first convention in about, ohhhhh *looks at watch* 30 mins!! LOL.
              I have my shipper shirts packed, and my camera at the ready!
              I'll try and report back as soon as possible
              Have fun while I'm away!
              Have fun, kiwigater! Bring back a Jack blow-up doll for me... and a Sam blow-up doll too... *considers keeping dolls in closet... hopes they don't pop each other*

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Just thought I'd leave one last post before finishing up my packing for the con in Chicago. Kiwi and I will try to find internet access to leave a report if we can...if not, I plan on updating everyone Sunday night. I'll miss you guys! Talk to you soon!
                Tasha
                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

affinity spoilers, season 8

Originally posted by estelle
                  [spoilers]

Now I don't think that Sam let go of things (!). I think no one can change his/her personality from one day to the other. Sam *is* rational and loyal otherwise she would have forgotten about things/regs in episode no.1. AT said in an interview something like 'her relationship with Pete is an important step towards one with O'Neill'. This somehow fits perfectly into my interpretation. She *wants* to find true happiness, even thinks about leaving the Air Force, but she hasn't depended (with her heart) on anyone since we've come to know her character and I think she wasn't willing to give up her career just yet. Someone who learned to always put duty before personal 'joys' won't change so easily. Maybe she does believe (I want her to)that she can't risk something as important as their frontline (SG1) in the battle against the Goaul'd (et al.).
                  This might seem off from what you've wrote above, but something you said made me think of what I'd been thinking about earlier... did that make sense? Anyhoo, I've come to realize that the 'ring showing' scene in Affinity was made to have multiple conclusions. And here's another.

When Sam said, "what about you? If things had been different.... " She could have just as easily meant things different between her and Jack. And when Jack answered, "I wouldn't be here" could just as easily meant... 'I know you're fretting right now, Carter, on this whole is it worth it to have a family and travel through the gate at the same time stuff. For me, I was able to have both career and family, but I always had Sara behind to take care of things, and I while my job left the possibility that I'd never come back or die, it was still not as dangerous as being on an SG team. So for me... I've already had the prize... and lost it. So you ask me if things had been different... If things had been different, Carter, I wouldn't be here... because I know what I'm missing now, and I won't take the same risks on losing it again. I've had my run, and I have no problems concentrating on family first and foremost now. So if things had been different... I'd retire and let you do your thing, Carter.'

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    affinity spoilers, season 8

This might seem off from what you've wrote above, but something you said made me think of what I'd been thinking about earlier... did that make sense? Anyhoo, I've come to realize that the 'ring showing' scene in Affinity was made to have multiple conclusions. And here's another.

When Sam said, "what about you? If things had been different.... " She could have just as easily meant things different between her and Jack. And when Jack answered, "I wouldn't be here" could just as easily meant... 'I know you're fretting right now, Carter, on this whole is it worth it to have a family and travel through the gate at the same time stuff. For me, I was able to have both career and family, but I always had Sara behind to take care of things, and I while my job left the possibility that I'd never come back or die, it was still not as dangerous as being on an SG team. So for me... I've already had the prize... and lost it. So you ask me if things had been different... If things had been different, Carter, I wouldn't be here... because I know what I'm missing now, and I won't take the same risks on losing it again. I've had my run, and I have no problems concentrating on family first and foremost now. So if things had been different... I'd retire and let you do your thing, Carter.'

Sally
                    Spoiler:

It's interesting--and a bit maddening--how one of the GW reviewers has only one interpretation of the question. He says it is thoughtless of Sam to remind Jack of Charlie.

Comment

spoilers. s8's threads

Originally posted by wynter
                      Hey Guys

i Hope Jacob Does Say Something To Sam I Think If He Were Dying He Knows How Sam&jack Feel About Each Other .nowing Jacob He Will Put On His Stern Face And Say 'i Don't Want My Sammie To Settle For Being Loved,i Want My Sammie To Be In Love With The One Person I Know That Makes Her A Whole Person Not Half A Person'i Think He Wil Make Up Sam's Mind Up For Once And She'll Realise Life Is Too Short For Her To Lose Another Person She Loves When There Is Possibility He Might Have Her Once And For All

Wynterxx
                      I like the way you put that - that to not settle for just being loved, but reach for 'being in love' too. And I love that 'half a person' reference too. Well done!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoilers Season 8 "Threads" in case.
                        .Don't you guys kind of wonder how they are going to get all of this accomplished in one episode? Besides as someone stated earlier, here is another example of Kerry being thrown at us in one episode. If we didn't know (hope) that she calls it quits with Jack by the end of the episode, we would be dying again. I can't help being anxious about this episode, but considering recent events I'm also a little concerned. Consider it, we have Jack starting a romantic relationship, Sam majorly questioning her upcoming (be still my heart) marriage, Sam finding out about Jacks relationship with Kerry, Sam finding out that Jacob is possibly dying, and Daniel is considering ascending again, I don't know about you guys but I have seen two parters that don't have this much going on in them. My biggest concern about all of this is that we are all thinking, hoping and praying that this is going to lead to a resolution, but I am not so sure that TPTB would do all this in one episode. Now of course we are missing the resolution itself in this episode, but I wonder.....I'm just a little apprehensive to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

I checked back to an old tv guide that I have and by this time last year, we already knew that there was going to be a Season 8, that too makes me very nervous. I really hope that there is a season 9 with RDA also returning. They could explore so much with Sam and Jack already established and it would be nice to have Jack either anxiously awaiting a new baby, or with one already; it kind of would bring the whole show full circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          I don't remember who said that in "Broca" Jack ends the locker room scene by kissing Sam's neck. Well, in looking for that-- I noticed something else: when Sam slams Jack down on the bench and she's lowering her head to kiss him, he puckers his lips!!
                          Yes, I know. *super duper lecherous grin*

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                            Ok...so I'm at work today thinking about SG....how unusual is that! And I wanted to ask you guys a question....and it will come around to S/J in the end...

Anyway...last night we were watching Dead Zone on USA and a couple of other Sci Fi shows....and In Dead Zone we spotted the guy who played the Captain from the one where Jaffa are doing training exercises dressed as SG teams and
                            and the General at the AF Academy from the one where Sam finds her protege and we've seen several other SG actors/actresses in some of our other shows that are shot up in Canada.... It's sort of hubs and mine's new favorite game to see who spots one first and can name who they were and in what episode.

So - does anyone else play that game.....and (here's the S/J part) when you see RDA or AT in other movies/series.....does it seem out of place for you? And further more...if they are having a romantic relationship in that show...does your mind go..."Shouldn't he be looking for Carter?"

Ok...so it's random and strange.....my thought process ....

S
                            I know what you're talking about. When I watched AT in The Void, and was able to accept her being romantic with another guy -besides Jack/RDA. I had no probs in accepting it, even though the character that AT played was simpilar to Sam. But I really didn't have probs accepting AND enjoying the guy that AT was hooked up with because a- he was HOT, and b- she wasn't Sam. But I really do know what you mean... it almost makes you do a double-take because you're expecting someone else there.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              I love this episode.

Here's something else I noted in it, but it takes a bit of thought.

In the lockerroom scene, the first thing we see is Jack opening his locker and then wiping his face with a towel. He's dripping wet, fresh from the shower. Sam comes in, he pulls on his shirt, she jumps him, and we all know where it goes from there. Anyway, my thought was, since he was fresh from the shower when the scene began, there are only two possibilities for his attire when he carried her through the halls to the infirmary: he was in a towel only, or he wasn't wearing a stitch from the waist down! <g> After all, he opened his locker and *didn't* take out a pair of pants . . . just the shirt. <vbEEg>

Sure . . . that'll calm down a libidinous captain . . . <g>
                              Ooh.... Love it!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

season 7's chimera spoilers

Originally posted by LtLisa
                                SO, as some of you already know, I watched Chernobyl again. (for the aforementioned friend to see it and see why I hate Ptui so much...btw, he agreed <g>). So, he also agreed with our 'Ptui is really a Chimera' idea; he seemed even more convinced then me. Well, he seems to think that theres no way TPTB are gonna keep the story as is; he thinks SOMETHING is gonna happen to take it back to the realm of real scifi.
                                Make it so!!!

So Ship Nana, do I get another medal for this?
                                For watching Chernobyl again, you deserve a truck full of gold bars as your reward!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X