This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
    I agree, and that proves just what a nice guy Jack is.....
    Even though Sam has broke his heart he still doesn't want to do it to her.

I love that guy more and more everyday....
    If only there were more men like him...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
      I agree, and that proves just what a nice guy Jack is.....
      Even though Sam has broke his heart he still doesn't want to do it to her.

I love that guy more and more everyday....

Jack is a great guy ....I love him too

So not Jack and kerry for the time being ...but JACK AND CATY and I kiss him everywhere

caty

Comment

I have to say that if there is a Season 9 but without RDA, I will not be watching. In the past when episodes were Jackless, and the others mentioned him and said he was away for one reason or another, I didn't enjoy the rest of the show. For me he is the reason I watch, besides the ship, and although I have come to like the other characters, I don't think that they are enough to carry the show IMO. I have felt a sense of loss with Hammond and Fraiser gone, could you imagine a major major main character like Jack. Even with Sam and Jack together I would be more interested in seeing their life together or expecting him to walk in, just mentioning his name wouldn't be enough for me. So that is why I am hoping, expecting, praying for a positive resolution to their relationship in Season 8 besides the fact that it is well overdue. On the other hand if there is a Season 9 and RDA does come back, then I think, as I said before, that there would be enough to explore in their relationship. Sidenote; if there are enough people who want Stargate to continue without RDA, I hope for them that it does.

Also I don't agree with, the resolution of ship means the demise of the show. I have shipped over many a show and in most well before the resolution of the ship the show was ailing (Remington Seele, Moonlighting,....) Most of the time they give the resolution to relationships as a means to save the show and pull the viewers back. In my opinion, this is the absolute worst reason for the resolution of ship for the exact reason that it gives ship a bad name. Sometimes I think it is because the writers wait so, so, long before the resolution that most fans give up: also, because they don't write it with the same quality of writing they have for the rest of the episodes. It takes a very insightful writer to pull it off and maybe what we are saying is that there aren't many of those. One more thing, I also think that by the time they do resolve the ship, with the desperation of rescuing the show, that they bring the ship part of the show to the main front or A plot when I think that ship really belongs in the C plot, where you know it is there but the A and B plot carry the show and you visit the C plot every once in a while. In that way you keep all different fans involved at the same time.

Oh well, hope I haven't confused you all, but believe me I have had years of shipper depression where I have had time to think about this.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          I have to say that if there is a Season 9 but without RDA, I will not be watching. In the past when episodes were Jackless, and the others mentioned him and said he was away for one reason or another, I didn't enjoy the rest of the show. For me he is the reason I watch, besides the ship, and although I have come to like the other characters, I don't think that they are enough to carry the show IMO. I have felt a sense of loss with Hammond and Fraiser gone, could you imagine a major major main character like Jack. Even with Sam and Jack together I would be more interested in seeing their life together or expecting him to walk in, just mentioning his name wouldn't be enough for me. So that is why I am hoping, expecting, praying for a positive resolution to their relationship in Season 8 besides the fact that it is well overdue. On the other hand if there is a Season 9 and RDA does come back, then I think, as I said before, that there would be enough to explore in their relationship. Sidenote; if there are enough people who want Stargate to continue without RDA, I hope for them that it does.

Also I don't agree with, the resolution of ship means the demise of the show. I have shipped over many a show and in most well before the resolution of the ship the show was ailing (Remington Seele, Moonlighting,....) Most of the time they give the resolution to relationships as a means to save the show and pull the viewers back. In my opinion, this is the absolute worst reason for the resolution of ship for the exact reason that it gives ship a bad name. Sometimes I think it is because the writers wait so, so, long before the resolution that most fans give up: also, because they don't write it with the same quality of writing they have for the rest of the episodes. It takes a very insightful writer to pull it off and maybe what we are saying is that there aren't many of those. One more thing, I also think that by the time they do resolve the ship, with the desperation of rescuing the show, that they bring the ship part of the show to the main front or A plot when I think that ship really belongs in the C plot, where you know it is there but the A and B plot carry the show and you visit the C plot every once in a while. In that way you keep all different fans involved at the same time.

Oh well, hope I haven't confused you all, but believe me I have had years of shipper depression where I have had time to think about this.

No I agree with you about the ship ...and I wrote a post the other day regarding that but could not submiit it because of technical difficulties ...but I agree ...that shows take too long to resolve a ship ..and it drives the fans nuts .....and when they do ..they sink ...because they usually do it to quickly ...towards the end of the show ...and it's too little too late ..instead of evenly spread out the UST to the RST.

I think Stargate is at the moment copying X-files in that respect..I never realised that Stargate TPTB was teasing the shipper sam and jack fans until season 7....I don't think they were doing it before .

Angst is nice ...but when you see that Sam and Jack are constantly being interrupted by something or someone each time they want to talk ...it's getting a bit frustrating specially at the moment ...

In season 3 and 4 ...they were talking a lot without being interrupted....Divide and conquer .....point of view ..ect ...there was no tease at that time ....they were playing the game very well I think....cuz IT IS A GAME FOR THEM ...A BAD ONE .

Anyway ..all that to say ...that I hope ...they won't wait for the last episode for the RST ...this would be extremely bad.....too little too late ....

Caty

Comment

You make some very good points nickatell especially about the quality of writing going downhill after the angst is resolved in many shows. It's like they run out of stories because they've been concentrating on the angst so much that they lost contact with the content of the show. That's why I think that all of this that we are going through right now with Sam/Jack/ /Kerry is to help with the story writing after. Sort of putting the cart before the horse if you will. Hopefully giving more plot to the stories for possible future episodes.

And I think that I'll still be able to watch even without RDA only because I know how important family is---and that it must come first in RL. He will be much missed since he is such a hunk but if the stories are still good, I'll still be there.
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

The difference between your two examples, Moonlighting and Remington Steele, and Stargate is that the ship in SG is not necessary to the story line. Both of the other shows, the entire show was based on "will they or won't they". The actual plot was almost secondary. They were written that way. Once they "did", the interest waned.

SG has always had the ship but left it a subtle undercurrent to the actual plots. That's why I dont' think that a resolution (positive, of course) to the ship would hurt SG. It would still be in the background, we don't have to see them making out every ep, but arriving together, leaving together, the occasional hugs or touches or looks, would mean that they were a couple and not left wishing for something that can't be. The plot of going through the stargate (you remember the big round gray circle thingy) could continue and still be the fascinating show that we used to see!

If they resolve the ship that way, then stick in the background, that's fine with me! OF course, after all they have put us through on this blasted rollercoaster, I think they have upped the ante on the resolution scene! Fishing would have been fine before, but now, if I have to sit through an ep with a half naked Ptui in bed with Sam, I need the same scene with Jack and Sam to erase the post traumatic stress!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Spoilers season 8(Threads)

Well I think they are true (good source) but things could be taken off . although I don't see the point ....It's only an angsty scene .

In lost city ..they had to (They cut out a kiss anyway ..not an angsty scene)...I t reminds me of the 2010 scene actually except there is a third person in that one .......so just angsty ....nothing to cut out really .....but now we know it's the end of the show ..and even if there was a season 9 ...the sam and Jack ship should be resolved in season 8 no matter what .....and they can concentrate on some team episodes more to make us happier with the lack of Jack. in season 9.

If Jack is not on screen but we know that he is with Sam and we see him from time to time ..all for the better ...and for the DVD sales too. Don't you think?!!!

Caty
                This may have been 10 pages ago (hey I’m slow ) but I thought I would reply back 'cos I agree....

Spoilers season 8(Threads)
                I have thought about it and I don't see the point either... it is the same old same old. We have had this before and we know the outcome. But I guess this could be different in that it might actually be the thing that makes them see sense (sorry if this has already been talked about but I haven't had chance to catch up on all 10 pages yet ). But even so, I am still very much looking forward to this episode.

And yes, ship should be resolved in season 8. And if there is a season 9 (I will miss Jack so much if RDA does not come back) then at least we know they are together.

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  I'll get that song and come back to you see if I like it first

caty

Thanks, Caty!

I think Tracy Chapman is a singer one either loves or hates. You should be able to get a download from Kazaa or a Kazaa clone.

Bucky

Comment

Hey Guys

Spoiler:
                    i Hope Jacob Does Say Something To Sam I Think If He Were Dying He Knows How Sam&jack Feel About Each Other .nowing Jacob He Will Put On His Stern Face And Say 'i Don't Want My Sammie To Settle For Being Loved,i Want My Sammie To Be In Love With The One Person I Know That Makes Her A Whole Person Not Half A Person'i Think He Wil Make Up Sam's Mind Up For Once And She'll Realise Life Is Too Short For Her To Lose Another Person She Loves When There Is Possibility He Might Have Her Once And For All

Wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Mala Mala Mala Mala

Thank-you Very Much For Making Me One Happy Girl,what Would I Do Without My Shipper Family

Once Again Thanks Mala:d

Wynterxx

Comment

I STILL THINK WHITNEY HOUSTONS I WANNA RUN TO YOU IS THE PERFECT SONG

each day each day i play the role of some-one always in control
                        but at night i come home and turn the key there's nobody here no-one cares for
                        me
                        i wanna run to you.....

caty marimba please if you have time.....

wynterxx

Comment

Ooohh, Ooohh!
                          While I am here...Can I be added to ShipNanas shipper medal of courage list???
                          I know I am slow but better late than never. And I love medals ,

~Tracey~
                          Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 26 August 2004, 11:43 AM.

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                            I STILL THINK WHITNEY HOUSTONS I WANNA RUN TO YOU IS THE PERFECT SONG

each day each day i play the role of some-one always in control
                            but at night i come home and turn the key there's nobody here no-one cares for
                            me
                            i wanna run to you.....

caty marimba please if you have time.....

wynterxx

Ok Wynter ..Gonna try to download that one ...could n't see it last time !!!!on Morpheus and I like Whitney I'll come back to you.

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                              Thanks, Caty!

I think Tracy Chapman is a singer one either loves or hates. You should be able to get a download from Kazaa or a Kazaa clone.

Bucky

I'll try Morpheus . a bit safer than kazzaa

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                                Thanks, Caty!

Bucky
                                Yeah ...not too sure if I'm that keen on her but will listen to the song . and see.

caty

Comment

Working...
                                X