This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karibou
    Yikes! Was unable to get onto the site again yesterday!! (I was starting to have withdrawl symptoms, LOL!!) Thank goodness things are working again.

For anyone who cares, the next chapter of my fanfic is up.

Anyone watch Scifi's SG1 rerun yesterday? It was "Emanicpation," the season 1 ep where Sam is sold off as property because she's a woman. I love the scene where she's first dressed in the native garb -- a low-cut gown and headdress. Jack does this hilarious, suggestive eyebrow wiggle at her. LOL!

Hey Karibou when You have 4 minutes to spare go and watch my video called"This ain't no thinking thing" Trace Atkins....It's hilarious ...and watch closely at the scene from emancipation in there too .....LOL

my video website link is in my sig.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      That 'taking advantage of Sam' idea never made any sense to me. She is CLEARLY kissing and holding him back. That woman is not upset! Someone likened it to kissing someone in there sleep, but Sam wasn't asleep. She was totally herself at that moment and her reaction was complete acceptance of his affection. The fact that she doesn't remember it now is beside the point. If she didn't like Jack kissing her (especially in front of everyone) she could have smacked him silly right then and there. It says a lot that she didn't and hopefully we'll get to see some more uncontrollable PDA by the end of the season.

ship sistah
      The kiss was unexpected, but she enjoyed it. At the end she had her arms around his neck. If she didn't want it, she would have pushed him away.
      I love the look on General Hammonds face.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
        i'll raise a glass back, and then the entire bottle......

i wonder if the events in affinity will be referred to at all between now and threads
        Spoiler:

i wonder if there will be a moment when jack will say 'so, what was your decision?'..or whether sam is going to have to make an official announcement of her engagment to pete...you know, add him to her list of 'people to be notified'.

it looks like in covenant sam gets kidnapped..wonder if there's possibilty of jack angst there..or if there'll be a scene where he has to phone pete to tell him sam's missing

either way, please, no more jack angst, want jack/sam happiness...i need it!!! before i go insane!!!! (or more insane..)
        Spoilers for Season 8: Affinity onward...

Spoiler:
        Didn't DDL say in his interview that he was in Sacrifices as well? He then added that he was coming back in August to film another episode, which we now know is Threads. I can't remember. I'll have to go find that interview.
        Last edited by Elfinwood; 25 August 2004, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers for affinity, season 8

Amanda said in an article:

"In Affinity there's a scene that after first reading it, I got on the phone to RCC and said 'My character would never say that' As the actress playing Sam and as somebody who probably has the most invested in her personally, I had some real issues with this scene. Rob, however came up with a very compelling argument in favour of the scene because it furthers Sam's relationship with Pete in a big way. We wound up doing it as written and I told Rob 'the fans are going to hate me' He said 'no they won't' and I was like 'oh yes they will' I'm praying they don't. In the end I understood what Rob meant. The scene is certainly going to stir up some more conflict for Sam in future episodes."

I'm thinking she meant the proposal and/or 'yes' scene. Amanda said because it furthers Sam's relationship with PS in a big way.

Sally
          Spoiler:
          I agree. The whole rant with Daniel and Teal'c is the kind of thing Sam would say and made sense within the flow of the episode. At her age, she would feel societal pressure. Any woman past a certain age who doesn't have a husband and kids gets pressure from family, friends co-workers and all kinds of places to settle down and reproduce. Taking her rant out of that scene wouldn't change much of anything going forward. The part that was a bit out of range for Sam that does change things going forward is the sudden yes at the end. There really wasn't any lead-up to it. Look at what we saw in this plot. We got shock at being asked, doubts marriage could fit in her life, some angst over Jack, frustration at society's pressure to couple, and a yes. One of these things is not like the other. One of these things isn't the same.

Actually, the other scene it could have been was the proposal scene itself. I could see there being issues with Sam coming off as desperate in the bit where she talks about being happy he didn't run way when he found out the truth of her career. That was ... odd. I could see objections to that being allayed with some of the same statements. Either way, it's the yes or settin up Sam being desperate enough for a real life to say yes. It's pretty much the same problem: not seeing Sam as being the type to settle.

And I'd imagine this whole thing has gone way past what Amanda wanted from a non-dead boyfriend. Getting engaged goes way past obligatory boyfriend level. It also doesn't make much sense from what we've seen of their relationship so far -- which is next to nothing once you ignore Fifth. In the first episdoe, it's a rocky beginning. In the second, there's a proposal. Um, did we skip something maybe? Or maybe not, Sam clearly had not been thinking marriage at that point. The only part that doesn't make sense character-wise is the yes. And it amuses me to no end that Amanda apparently got an answer more along the lines of 'because it'll create drama and move the plot forward' than a solid answer to her characterization issue.
          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Thanks for posting the list of shipper cookies again Ship Nana. My list was not up to date. When I printed it out the Yellow Shipper Cookies (HWMS) made it onto the second page all by itself...self-sensoring, good job!
            Last edited by Critter; 25 August 2004, 05:11 AM.
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              The kiss was unexpected, but she enjoyed it. At the end she had her arms around his neck. If she didn't want it, she would have pushed him away.
              I love the look on General Hammonds face.

yes exactly, the real sam enjoyed the kiss too ....so we know that she wants to be kissed by Jack . *Sigh* Can't wait for the real kiss to include in my new videos

the forum seems to be back to normal ... touch wood

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                Spoilers for Season 8: Affinity inward...

Spoiler:
                Didn't DDL say in his interview that he was in Sacrifices as well? He then added that he was coming back in August to film another episode, which we now know is Threads. I can't remember. I'll have to go find that interview.

What is Pete doing in "sacrifices" ? Do you think he's goona help them AGAIN? Is "Sacrifices" off world or on Earth?

...and In "threads " i was hoping he would be off screen ...cuz she can dump him off screen although would be fun to see what she says to him" I love Jack ..I can't marry you" LOL

Caty

caty
                Last edited by Catysg1; 25 August 2004, 05:11 AM.

Comment

except Threads!
                  Spoiler Threads:
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm not sure I'd call Threads entirely earth-based. Daniel's off doing something on some plane of existance that isn't exactly terrestrial. They bring the sci-fi in that one and it makes me very happy we're not getting a double dose of earth-based story there. Not sure how many more of those I can take.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
                    TPTB: "Oh, so the USAF changed their frat regulations.. well.. uh..... there still can't be S/J ship because ... uh... they're bloodtypes are different. YAH thats it! They can't possibly be together because their bloodtypes are different...."
                    SHIPPERS: "We don't buy it."
                    TPTB: "Oh. Ok.. well.. they have cooties?"
                    SHIPPERS: *throw rotton fruit*
                    ROFLLL!!!!! Methinks there's a bit of truth in the absurdity of this!
                    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

awww, I'm pretty sure I covered all the ideas the shipper gang came up with. It was an intense project, but I'm so happy it's out there and people are happy with it.

ship sistah
                      I agree ship sistah, you did a great job here. I must have been out of town (or out of my mind) when this was all thought up. I think it's wonderful! I wish there was a REAL award that could be given to all you creative people on this thread. I continue to be amazed and TOTALLY impressed. OK. So I'm easily impressed, get over it!
                      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                        Spoiler:
                        I agree. The whole rant with Daniel and Teal'c is the kind of thing Sam would say and made sense within the flow of the episode. At her age, she would feel societal pressure. Any woman past a certain age who doesn't have a husband and kids gets pressure from family, friends co-workers and all kinds of places to settle down and reproduce. Taking her rant out of that scene wouldn't change much of anything going forward. The part that was a bit out of range for Sam that does change things going forward is the sudden yes at the end. There really wasn't any lead-up to it. Look at what we saw in this plot. We got shock at being asked, doubts marriage could fit in her life, some angst over Jack, frustration at society's pressure to couple, and a yes. One of these things is not like the other. One of these things isn't the same.

Actually, the other scene it could have been was the proposal scene itself. I could see there being issues with Sam coming off as desperate in the bit where she talks about being happy he didn't run way when he found out the truth of her career. That was ... odd. I could see objections to that being allayed with some of the same statements. Either way, it's the yes or settin up Sam being desperate enough for a real life to say yes. It's pretty much the same problem: not seeing Sam as being the type to settle.

And I'd imagine this whole thing has gone way past what Amanda wanted from a non-dead boyfriend. Getting engaged goes way past obligatory boyfriend level. It also doesn't make much sense from what we've seen of their relationship so far -- which is next to nothing once you ignore Fifth. In the first episdoe, it's a rocky beginning. In the second, there's a proposal. Um, did we skip something maybe? Or maybe not, Sam clearly had not been thinking marriage at that point. The only part that doesn't make sense character-wise is the yes. And it amuses me to no end that Amanda apparently got an answer more along the lines of 'because it'll create drama and move the plot forward' than a solid answer to her characterization issue.

YES ..I think her hallucination dad in "Grace" told her to get a life NOW ..and not wait for her true love ...It may never happen ..

Saying that ..Both Sam and Jack are mature adults ..and it shouldn't be difficult to sort out their emotionnal trauma ..Either they both agree to wait a little longer cuz he knows he's gonna retire soon ....or they both say "we can never be together" and move on for good.

But this hasn't not happen yet ....if Jack want to listen to what Sam has to say next time instead of answering "I know" May be they'll get there...Sam needs to have the same conversation she had in Grace with Hallucination jack..for crying out loud.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          I also miss the gate travel and exploring other cultures. The stories are dry and lack action. I don't know if I can stand another Earth-base story.
                          Gate? What Gate? Oh yeah, it's that big grey ring with the funny symbols, right? Gads, I'm feeling so snarky today. But I'm with you, I'm not sure how many more earth-based eps I can stand. I read somewhere that we get and average of 6 per season and that we'll have 7 this season, does that mean we're just about done? Let's hope we're getting them all this half...
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Sacrifices & Threads spoilers:

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            What is Pete doing in "sacrifices" ? Do you think he's goona help them AGAIN? Is "Sacrifices" off world or on Earth?

...and In "threads " i was hoping he would be off screen ...cuz she can dump him off screen although would be fun to say what she says to him" I love Jack ..I can't marry you" LOL

Spoiler:
                            Sacrifices does seem to be off-world for the major Teal'c plot. It looks like Jacob is also in Sacrifices. He clearly knows about the engagement in Threads, so perhaps this is where he finds out about it and meets Pete? I'm guessing here. It seems odd to show that kind of thing, but I can't come up with much else based on what we know about the episodes.

And Pete does seem to be in Threads. I'd prefer him off-screen, but we seem not to have much luck with that this season.
                            Last edited by auralan; 25 August 2004, 05:12 AM. Reason: There is no 's' in 'world.'

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              Gate? What Gate? Oh yeah, it's that big grey ring with the funny symbols, right? Gads, I'm feeling so snarky today. But I'm with you, I'm not sure how many more earth-based eps I can stand. I read somewhere that we get and average of 6 per season and that we'll have 7 this season, does that mean we're just about done? Let's hope we're getting them all this half...

The gate is now on Sam's finger ..until "threads"

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                                Sacrifices & Threads spoilers:

Spoiler:
                                Sacrifices does seem to be off-world for the major Teal'c plot. It looks like Jacob is also in Sacrifices. He clearly knows about the engagement in Threads, so perhaps this is where he finds out about it and meets Pete? I'm guessing here. It seems odd to show that kind of thing, but I can't come up with much else based on what we know about the episodes.

And Pete does seem to be in Threads. I'd prefer him off-screen, but we seem not to have much luck with that this season.

So in season 8 ..we have Pete in "New order" "A$$INITY" , "Sacrifices" and now "Threads ".....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's gonna ruin the whole DVD boxset...

I hope Sam won't mention his name too in other episodes otherwise ..that's it ....The DVD's season 8 won't get sold and stay on the shelves for infinity.

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X