This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Where are these European dvd clips located?

Sally
    They are all in CoffeeGirls music Vid, Accidentally in Love
    When I watched it I didn't recognise most fo the clips so I asked her where they were from.....

Heres the link to the vid if you want it. Its a very good vid to watch if you're feeling a bit down

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by ravinia
      Hello shippers, yep I'm a newbie although I've been reading you guys for quite a while now.

I just wanted to say THANKS for the shared condolences, thoughtful comments and ever-hopeful speculations that have helped me through this devastating weekend! Where else can you go at 3am where the folks understand how emotionally invested you can get in this amazing series.

I want to believe... I really think I just don't trust the writers any more to do right by our beloved characters. Reality keeps intruding (Christopher is tired of shaving his head! RDA wants to cut back! Peter DeLuise wants to give his brothers jobs!) Like some of you have said, you want to just turn it off but you can't look away!

^Ravinia^
      Hey!
      Glad you decided to de-lurk!!

I know what you mean about reality intruding but try to stay positive!! Eat some shipper cokies, watch some shippy vids...remember al the Sam and Jack moments we've had so far in the series and pray that TPTB will make us all happy in the end!

Personally I think TPTB are just using Pete to test how dedicated we shipper are and how much they can throw at us before we give up, i'm quite positive that in the end they will show us what we want to see because we have been very dedicated fans and have stuck with the show through everything!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Great minds think alike, Sam! ;-)

Thanks for all the positive comments about my sig, but I just had to change it - found that smilie and it's perfect for how I feel about being a shipper right now... *g* Getting knocked down and coming back for more again and again...

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
          Great minds think alike, Sam! ;-)

Thanks for all the positive comments about my sig, but I just had to change it - found that smilie and it's perfect for how I feel about being a shipper right now... *g* Getting knocked down and coming back for more again and again...
          Yes they do

I love your new sig!! Especially the smilie
          Describes shippers perfectly.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Caty! Just watched your new vid!
            Its great as usual

It shows Jack feeling perfectly...can't wait for the sequel once Threads has aired! I need to see some Happy Jack!!

Sam isn't in my good book at the moment...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
              Originally Posted by Ship Nana
              SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
              Lunar
              Caty
              Marimba
              Tame
              Mei Mei
              Kri
              Critter
              LtLisa
              TOKEN
              Auralan
              Melayna
              Mad_Gater
              WaterFall
              Ship Sistah
              Bucky
              Michelleb
              KiwGater
              Faith
              Shinrai

me too, please.

Hi guys I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts. But I thought I would put my two cents in. Watched affinity friday night, Liked the parts with Teal'c but kept leaving the room when was on the screen.

My husband watched it with me(he's a jack and sam shipper too.) and I have to say he was completely shocked when sam said yes to proposal (except he never really proposed did he? He just said he got something for her and handed her the ring, which is a odd way to propose.) Anyhoo, now I have to suffer thru the whole thing again so my daughter can watch it(I taped it for her.)

So I would love to be put on the list too. Pretty please with jack on top.
              sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
              Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                I don't mind taking credit for the original post about it. The author is Veronica Shoffstall. The first time I read it--I was blown away.
                I printed out that poem and hung it up at work! It's beautiful! And so Sam, if she would just realize it!!

Comment

Oh, before I forget: Thank you everyone who was at the SJ Alternative Therapy room yesterday afternoon. I had a blast, you guys made my day. Especially Auralan, you know why.

Since we kept showing each other pictures, I thought I'd link my GateCamp album here. Since 2001, every year about 40 German Stargate fans meet for a weekend of camping and fun. These are the pictures from 2002:

GateCamp 2002

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                  it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                  It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                  And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                    Is anyone else watching SciFi right now? Window of Opportunity is on. I think I'm gonna go have a big bowl of fruitloops. I have to run and get it before the kiss and dip. I love this ep! Especially the smile from Jack at the end. Anyways, that's just how I feel about it, what do you think? (giggle, snort, giggle
                    I'd just like to know how you can watch Stargate (Jack and Sam ) AND type on the forum as well??? I absolutely cannot multi-task anything with the computer. Too much for my brain and my fingers to handle at the same time. I think I just thunked myself thinking about fingers..... Oops! Sorry.
                    Last edited by Critter; 24 August 2004, 05:19 AM.
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by ravinia
                      Hello shippers, yep I'm a newbie although I've been reading you guys for quite a while now.

I just wanted to say THANKS for the shared condolences, thoughtful comments and ever-hopeful speculations that have helped me through this devastating weekend! Where else can you go at 3am where the folks understand how emotionally invested you can get in this amazing series.

I want to believe... I really think I just don't trust the writers any more to do right by our beloved characters. Reality keeps intruding (Christopher is tired of shaving his head! RDA wants to cut back! Peter DeLuise wants to give his brothers jobs!) Like some of you have said, you want to just turn it off but you can't look away!

^Ravinia^
                      Well said and welcome to you and to ALL THE NEWLY DELURKED SHIPPERS! It is so nice to see you all. Someone once said, "Glad you came out to play". Don't know who said it but it made me feel welcome so now it belongs to all of you newbies. GLAD YOU CAME OUT TO PLAY.
                      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                        But
                        Spoiler:
                        why did Jack stop her from confessing in TLC? By that time, he'd seen her break down over the thought of losing him in Heroes and she had made an earlier attempt at his house (and he wasn't helping her there either). I can't believe he doesn't know how she feels, so IMO Jack has to take some responsibility here for the nonsense that we're dealing with. Does he think she'd be better off with stuPit?

I don't get it.

ship sistah
                        Season 8 Affinity/Threads
                        Spoiler:

I agree. Jack has had plenty of opportunities to say what he feels. I thought he really treated her badly at his house. Sometimes I feel he is giving her mixed signals. I am sure he has been under alot of pressure since taking over the SGC, and the ring was a total shock, but the best he could do was say "I wouldn't be here"? He has already lost one woman that he loves, he is going to lose another if he doesn't get his butt in gear.
                        I think Jack is a man in conflict with himself. His heart says yes he loves this woman, but his mind says no you are a terrible husband and father. She can do better so he backs off.
                        I hope Kerry has enough sense that once she sees what going on, she heads for the hills.
                        Last edited by Rogue; 24 August 2004, 05:52 AM.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                          I'd just like to know how you can watch Stargate (Jack and Sam ) AND type on the forum as well??? I absolutely cannot multi-task anything with the computer. Too much for my brain and my fingers to handle. I think I just thunked myself thinking about my fingers and handling. Oops! Sorry.

Laptop and wireless internet. That and I usually wait till commercials to type or read. Especially when jack is on the screen. The fingers slide off the keyboard and I slide off the bed into the gutter. I think I need to add a chain for laptops to the list of supplies given by the gutter gals. That way when I'm thunking, I don't have to worry about the laptop crashing to the floor. Or as in the case with WoO, i start clapping and giggling when Jack does the kiss and dip w/ sam.
                          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Thankyou to everyone who welcomed me! It's so lovely to feel welcome! lol.

Mmmmk....my first jumping into the discussion post!

Spoilers for Affinity...

Spoiler:
                            Ok, firstly! The whole Pete is a chimera thing is probably the most brilliant theory I have heard so far- and it would make perfect sense too. I've missed a few season 7 eps, but from what I have seen so ar of Pete episodes, he really does only interact with Sam, and I did notice this, but I never thought of the Chimera thing, I always assumed that they didn't involve him with the team much because he was Sams thing, and that they were making a show of Sam keeping her personal life seperate, and that also maybe they were trying to preserve the chemistry between SG1, or even just between Sam and Jack.

I watched Affinity without too much fear, purely because one, I knew what was coming, and two, my faith is unwavering- I wont even consider the fact that they wont get together. I was the same with Mulder and Scully LOL. I actually really liked Affinity, apart from that final evil scene, because I'm a bit of a Teal'c fan, and so I enjoyed watching him move out into the real world finally. And Sam's little spiel about society expecting everyone pair off, and that there was an exectation to seetle, and not have the perfect romance, only proved that Pete is not the one she really wants. That paired with her final 'Yes' decision, ultimately proved that she really doesn't want to be with Pete indefenitely, that he's her compromise for what she really wants. Conforming with society norms is bad Sam! lol

I'm curious, and I apologise if this is a repeat question(this thread really does move too fast me to keep up with!), the thing that AT didn't want say in this script, was that the whole talk about society expectations? I kinda assumed that it was, considering she is meant to be a strong idependant modern woman, and wouldn't really care what society expected of her, so therefore she would never really be expressing concerns about what society thought. Or whatever, I think that makes sense!!

Ok, I think I've talked everyones ear off enough now *laughs* I actually had more I wanted to comment on, but I've forgotten half of what I was going to say!! Damn my faulty brain.

Blaise

~~Close To Crazy~~
                            Psychotic Kitten
                            'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                              I thought blarney was irish. We need the scottish equivalent.
                              Patter? Chat? Hmmm.... sleekit?

Actually think we just use blarney, or gift of the gab?

SueKay? Dipso?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                                Caty! Just watched your new vid!
                                Its great as usual

It shows Jack feeling perfectly...can't wait for the sequel once Threads has aired! I need to see some Happy Jack!!

Sam isn't in my good book at the moment...

Yeah that's why I did that video ...I wanted to concentrate on jack and all his pain AND devastation...cuz when Sam leaves SGC ...he knows who she is with ..well specially at the week-end ...cuz Potatoe hasn't moved to colorado Spring yet

Thank you ...I REALLY love that song too

But you know what ..when I captured some clips from Zero hour ..I noticed that when Jack was in the locker room ...and looked at the lockers ..TPTB only showed us Daniel and teal'c 's lockers .....why didn't he turn around to the women's lockers and looked at Sam's ...or at least we should have seen it too ..She is part of the team ....I think this was very mean too from TPTB.... May be they hate the shippers Don't know why ...we are the nicest ...but it could be because we treated Pete as a potatoe head.

Caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 24 August 2004, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X