Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quickie to say... I was reading on the Affinity thread... man, is it ever wonderful to be back home with my shipper family!!!

Shipper family

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Just a quickie to say... I was reading on the Affinity thread... man, is it ever wonderful to be back home with my shipper family!!!
      I'm gonna take this as fair warning and not go catch up on that thread next. Perhaps the thunk thread is a better idea....
      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Soooo many posts, absolutely no time. Finally managed to see all of Afinity. All I have to say is, YIKES. I feel a bit like I'm on the rollar coaster as its going up the first big hill, and I have a blindfold on.

[spoiler] I agree that the entire lab scene was incredably vague. The only thing I can think of is that TPTB are trying not to piss off any large contingent of their fans, but couldn't they give us something real.

I'm not sure that Sam wasn't talking about Charlie. She was DEFINATELY refering to the relationship she has (or doesn't have) with Jack, but there was more to it than that. There have been two many what ifs in this show and the whole Charlie thing is a big one. Remember in TLC, she was asking about the pictures around his house, about if he still talked to Sara. Charlie is a HUGE part of Jack's past, and any serious relationship she has with him will have to deal with both him and Sara. Other than the one episode in season one (Cold Lazarus, I think) they have never really touched on Charlie's death/Jack's relationship with Sara, except when it works for the plot. If they are going to have Jack and Sam get together don't they need to deal with those issues? Maybe that's the adult conversation we are never going to get ...

My take on that scene (and I apoligize if people have said this already) was she was asking a multi-layered question in a multi-layered conversation.
        Part 1 is : If Charlie was still alive would you have joined the Stargate program? Would you still be married to Sara?
        Part 2 is : If, like in the alternate relalities, we didn't have the regs in the way, would something have happenned between us? Would it have worked? Can we still make it work?
        Part 3 is : Something to the effect of "Do you still love me?" but not quite that, not sure what, but somehow its more than that.

If you look at both of their eyes in that scene they are both pleeding with the other person to give them SOMETHING, anything, just a reason to hope. Sam wants a reason to turn down Pete and Jack wants a reason to give Sam a reason to turn down Pete. We're talking about two people who have been hurt in their pasts and neither one of them is going to take a risk (esp related to this) unless they are sure they are on solid ground.

As for the pressure to find a man thing. I'm single, about to start 5-6 years of work towards a doctorate in astrophysics. I have friends and as much of a life as a physics majors ever get in college, but watching my friends with their sig. others does twing at my heart just a little bit. I totally understand where Sam is coming from, if not at the same magnitude. She is overstating it a bit, but she's stressed and ranting to two of her closest friends. Pete is pushing the relationship past where she thought it stood, and now she is forced to confront these issues. My question is, why don't Daniel and Teal'c say something constructive?

Guess this post kinda got away from me. Sorry if its a bit long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
          OMG, this is too much fun! Does the Shipper Town poster actually have our names in the Points of Interest where Mala mentioned us before? And is any of this stuff getting sent to the studio? You guys are hilarious! I love it!

Also, are more products going to become available?
          Everything Token wrote is on the poster. I added a few more things to the shops and I'll do a few others when I have time-- but were you looking for something specific? No one yet has taken the lead in figuring out what we're sending to Vancouver, although I'm sure we want to send JM a Shipper Town something.

I mistakenly missed posting the Shipper Cookie poster, but it's up now.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity

Originally posted by Critter
            Opinion spoilers for Affinity
            Spoiler:
            When Jack said, "I wouldn't be here" I think he was talking about Charlie but also about Sam. In other words, for a family he wouldn't be there. He wouldn't have joined SGC in the first place if Charlie were still alive and he would leave SGC today if he had Sam.

How's that for sitting on the fence?
            Yep!!! It's not one or the other, it's both! And it's shippy, shippy, shippy! Thank you!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
              Let's see. How many movies did "Insamnity" rip off?

Spoiler:

1. "Shaft".

2. "Saturday Night Fever". The white suit that Teal'c wears in the teaser is classic Tony Manero.

3. "Another Karate Kid". Kristen even LOOKS like the girl from the fourth film.

4. "The Sixth Sense". Nobody is acknowledging Peat's existance. Except Sam.
              hilarious-- and absolutely right!

hee, Insamnity.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                if you look up in the right hand corner of the post you will see a little red triangle. To report a post to the Mods. Go the post that is in error, click on the red triangle and write a small reason of why you feel this post is in the wrong and then click send. The Moderator will then review the post and determine if it has indeed violated Forum guidelines and take appropriate action if it has. If it has not the Moderator may let you know that while they understand your concern this person has not violated anything.

Either way it is best to report it rather than try to deal with it here on thread as all that seems to do is egg on the poster.

Sorry, been busy with RL all day or I would have responded sooner. Thanks for the explanation!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  Well since you've obliged with a pic of yourself and I did promise one the other night, here it is:

http://marimba26.com/Gatecon003sm.jpg

This one is from the Gateworld Get-Together. I'm with Michael Adamthwaite (Her'ak) who David got as a guest for us! He was very funny! Sitll haven't scanned my pics with the stars, have to borrow my friend's scanner and aligning our schedules has been a real problem lately LOL.
                  I am singing Stevie Wonder here...."Isn't she lovely....."

take a wild guess who the *little one* is .......yup ME ....

edited to say --well now that I have read the posts I see you DID notice I wormed my way into the picture ...BUT that is because Marimba wuvs me
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 August 2004, 09:14 PM.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hey Everyone!

Just got back from a fun weekend in Vegas seeing Josh Groban in concert! I had a blast!

Anyway, Holy Cow!! 60 pages that I'm supposed to catch up on! I actually only caught up to about page 165 or something like that just so I could get all of your reactions on "Affinity."

forgot the tag for spoilers, so I'll do it the old fashion way..
                    SPOILER S8 AFFINITY
                    My dad recorded it for me and I watched it last night.....I just feel sick now. The proposal scene made me sick. I think the stalker comment was to poke fun at the shippers. But it seems like Sam just kind of shrugged it off. I guess they might have talked about it before, and now she's okay with it. Oh well. Teal'c looked freakin fine with his huge muscles in this. I liked the storyline but the timing seemed a bit off. As someone mentioned earlier, maybe it was the editing. Anyway, I hope we hear more about the "Trust".
                    Okay, for the S/J scene. I thought it was really good. It showed that Sam had the confidence to open up to Jack about Pete. And when she was going on about babies and families, I thought it was sweet how Jack said, "People do have families on this base." Like he was encouraging her, but inside we all know his heart was being ripped to pieces. He just wants her to be happy. And I took Sam's comment "What about You" as a sign that she still is thinking of the possiblity of them together someday. I didn't take it as a Charlie comment. As soon as the shippy music came on, I knew that she was talking about their relationship. But Jack's answer confused me. "I wouldn't be here." Does he mean that he would have retired and been with her..? hmmm...I hope find out we later on in "Threads" what he meant.
                    Anyway, I really do think that Sam is just saying yes to Pete and holding on to what she has, because she's afraid that nothing will happen later on with Jack. Anyway...I saw the butt grab! hehe! yuck! But I honestly think by the time she dumps him, that I will feel sorry for Pete. In this episode, he didn't give me that "jerk" feeling that I got in "Chimera".
                    Well, I'm babbling...

The only thing sad about this season is...where the hell is the action? When my dad watched "Affinity" the other night he was so sad and he said to me..
                    "Do they even go through the gate anymore." And he is right. I guess I just miss the "old" Stargate. I guess that's why I'm liking Atlantis. It's more adventurous and more "SciFi" than what we have been getting with SG1.

I'm excited for "Threads" though...although we have to wait FOREVER! But I'm thinking it's going to break down some S/J barriers.

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                      fact is, sam is with pete, because pete is her boss. sam has to "play nice" with pete, otherwise she'll lose her job. its sexual harassment! that's how she got command of sg1, by giving pete "favors"
                      ?

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        I have a couple of vids in the queue but they're not as sad as that one thankfully!

Good point. I guess I just wasn't quite sure what you were getting at!

My fault for trying to be clever instead of clear. I'm always getting after my students about that, and here I go and do the same thing.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          this forum is getting on my nerves ..I can only get in to post one message every night ...

I want to access last page ..so I post that ...othervise can't access last page ....

Sam and Jack forvever together

Caty
                          I was having the same problem for a while. GW seems to be cycling through the various ISPs, chucking people off at random. Keep trying. Eventually it should settle down for you.

Bucky

Comment

spoilers. affinity. s8

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Sam did say "yes" five times. Yeah, nobody cares how many, just the fact that she did say it is bad enough, but my work and time must not be in vain, so here goes:

Pete: Just another day at the office
                            Sam: Yes (okay she was replying to his question, but it had two meanings.)
                            Pete:I should have figured you'd be used to it by now.
                            Sam: No, I mean..yes
                            Pete: Yes, as in...
                            Sam:Yes
                            Pete: You messin' with me?
                            Sam: No
                            Pete: Which means?
                            Sam: Yes
                            Pete: You don't need more time?
                            Sam:No
                            Pete: Therefore?
                            Sam: Yes

Cute......not.
                            If she just would have said, 'Yes, I'll marry you,' he wouldn't have kept asking and she wouldn't have kept saying yes. It seemed he didn't believe her, and she seemed not to want to say 'I'll marry you.' Now what's that supposed to imply?

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              I'm afraid I've forgotten who originally posted about this poem, but Marimba, you wanted to see the complete text, and I don't believe it's been posted yet.

"After a While" by Veronica Shoftstall

After a while, you learn the subtle difference
                              Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
                              And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
                              And company doesn't mean security.
                              And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
                              And presents aren't promises.
                              And you begin to accept your defeats
                              With your head up and your eyes open
                              With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.
                              And you learn to build all your roads
                              On today, because tomorrow's ground
                              Is too uncertain for plans, and futures have
                              A way of falling down in mid-flight.
                              After a while you learn that even sunshine
                              Burns if you get too much.
                              So you plant your own garden and decorate
                              Your own soul instead of waiting
                              For someone to bring you flowers.
                              And you learn that you really can endure...
                              That you really are strong
                              And you really do have worth.
                              And you learn and learn...
                              With every goodbye you learn.
                              *sniff*

Mel
                              This should be mounted in the lobby of the Shipper Commune.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                SHIPPERS GATHER ROUND!!!!!

TAME HAS HAD AN EPIPHANY

but only for those that will read spoilers

Spoiler for Threads
                                Spoiler:

I have decided that JACOB will throw a wrench into the whole works. If what we hear is true about Jacob talking to Sam about being bummed he is going to be missing the wedding I think it may be more like this:
                                Jacob lying in bed and Sam is trying to keep him from going ANYWHERE!!

Sam: Dad, I may be getting married (big grin) you don't want to miss that.
                                Jacob: My little girl finally took a chance
                                Sam: Yeah but you have to stick around so you can dance at the wedding
                                Jacob: (sounding sleepy, chuckles) yeah...Then I would finally get to rib Jack about NOT telling me HIS whole plan.
                                Sam: Dad?? Jack?? (Jacob has fallen asleep) He thinks I am gonna marry Jack and it never occured to him that there was anyone else.

okay that is just one of about 8 gazillion ways this played out in my head while I was thinking about how Jacob could tell his daughter that he approved of Jack .

regardless just thinking about this has brought up my MOJO and THAT is a GREAT THING
                                Love it, Tame!

Sally

ps - Literally everytime I write out your name, it comes out 'team' first.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X