X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    Loved your new video Caty!!!!!!

As a matter of fact I love everyone's new video's including "At This Moment" by Marimba and "Accidentally High" by Coffeegirl.

Ya know what I've decided? Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway!

IT'S IN THEIR EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget their words, forget

Just look into Sam and Jack's eyes when they talk to each other and it's all there.

The angst, the fear, the concern, THE PASSION and yes THE LOVE!!!!!!!

There is a whole lot being said with their eyes.

Just turn the sound off and LISTEN TO THEIR EYES!!!!!!!
    Yep! That's why they make for good vids!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      Gee if they actually had an ADULT CONVERSATION, the world would fly apart!

(that would be because all the shippers would collapse and hit the floor all over the world at the same time causing cataclismic earthquakes and tidal waves!)
      LMAOOO!! Hubs would have to get the salts to revive me!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        Well, I definitely see your point about where RCC may be going with this. The phrase that bother me here is
        Spoiler:
        'even if they never consummate the relationship'. Gads! Just the thought makes me want to leave now and never go back.

I don't need them to get married--they're not anywhere near that point anyway. Heck, they can't even talk! You can't get married and not TALK!! It just doesn't work. But I really think they need to take the next step and start exploring a real relationship. Will the reality work? Now *that* would be interesting to see. Sam and Jack getting to know each other outside of work would be interesting because it would be totally new for both of them!

And she'd right away tell him he couldn't pop beer bottle tops all over the floor, I betcha.

Comment

Ah, but see, therein lies the beauty of the theory. If Pete is actually a hallucination brought on by the alien in Grace and Sam is possessed, then it's not her fault. She's not crazy, she's not weak, she's possessed so she can't help herself at all. And hey, the last time she was possessed she attacked Jack So if the alien from Grace is controlling her, then she's still the strong and independent Sam that I loved and THAT I can live with!

hey Marimba ..make sure you post that in the EPISODE Affinity thread so that Joe Mallozi reads it. ..

I don't think he'll read that extra long thread we're in anymore.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
            yeah, but at this stage, jack doesn't know he's an illusion

Spoiler:

i like the idea that pete could be the alien from grace..that wouldn't make sam a fruitcake, just someone who's been tricked. but if jack believes pete's real right until the last moment, then he could still have the motivation to actually do something about it..if thinking pete's real forces him to say something (anything, please, jack say something) then he's not the kind of guy to withdraw it once he finds out the entire thing has been a massive lie...plus he has the bonus of sam actually being free.

this whole thing really is a wonderful idea..i wish i could believe TPTB were taking it that way. i could cope with all this if i knew it was a lie
            Spoiler:
            Don't forget the added bonus of her NOT breaking yet another engagement! I too could definitely deal with it if it was one big alien possession scheme!! Talk about the sci-fi arc to end all arcs! This would go down as the most relieved fandom ever!

Comment

yeah, but at this stage, jack doesn't know he's an illusion

Spoiler:

i like the idea that pete could be the alien from grace..that wouldn't make sam a fruitcake, just someone who's been tricked. but if jack believes pete's real right until the last moment, then he could still have the motivation to actually do something about it..if thinking pete's real forces him to say something (anything, please, jack say something) then he's not the kind of guy to withdraw it once he finds out the entire thing has been a massive lie...plus he has the bonus of sam actually being free.

this whole thing really is a wonderful idea..i wish i could believe TPTB were taking it that way. i could cope with all this if i knew it was a lie
              I'd really love to see the whole thing play out this way. It would definitely squash the "soap operay" feel of this story line so far and bring it back into the realm of sci-fi. It's such a twisted plot, and I hope this is where they're going with it.
              Maria
              "Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness."
              -- Anon.

Comment

tell you what, if this ' is chimera' plot is what is really happening, i will fall at RCC's feet and worship him, becasue it would be frigging brilliant..instead of wanting to shake him, and point out, very quietly and very sanely, that he knows sod all about women...

so i will reserve final judgement until the very end, just in case (cos seriously, i thought he was a better and more creative writer than we're getting right now)
                Well, I'm with you. If that's what they're on about then I'll be joining the worshippers! I *might* even be willing to forgive RCC for Pete because it would be brilliant!!! *you can credit Waterfall for the brilliance on this thread, it was her theory to begin with*

Comment

tell you what, if this ' is chimera' plot is what is really happening, i will fall at RCC's feet and worship him, becasue it would be frigging brilliant..instead of wanting to shake him, and point out, very quietly and very sanely, that he knows sod all about women...

so i will reserve final judgement until the very end, just in case (cos seriously, i thought he was a better and more creative writer than we're getting right now)
                  LOL I'll be right there with you.
                  Maria
                  "Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness."
                  -- Anon.

Comment

that's right!!!! and i haven't eaten an entire tub of haagen-dazs praline and cream ice-cream today. why would i need to, after the unutterable happiness of Affinity gave me all the comfort i need?

(i may be a touch too sarcastic.....)
                    Ya Think?

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Marimba ...

Vaughn is more mature for Syd.....She was very upset though when he was married ..and miserable ..and ..Do you know about Will and Syd?

I watched your video "At this moment" I love the song ...and you concentrated on the affinity scene ..which was great ...AH the ring ....the ring..

well done again Marimba

Caty
                      Thanks!

Actually, I don't know anything about season 3 yet other than Vaughn gets married because he thinks she's dead and how it ends. It comes out on DVD Sept 7 and I'm still in S2. Hubs just hooked me on the show a few weeks ago when I was angsting about Stargate. Methinks he was trying to distract me so he didn't have to hear any more about Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        And she'd right away tell him he couldn't pop beer bottle tops all over the floor, I betcha.
                        Yeah she would! And I bet he wouldn't have to wash a glass for company to have a beer any more either LOL!

Comment

i agree with you. they bith have very expressive eyes. i mean, look at the corridor scene in d and c...neither saying a thing..but it's all there, in their eyes.

Spoiler:
                          and you know that lift scene in chimera? i didn't really get how much that hurt jack until i was watching as part of a music video, so i wasn't concentrating on the conversation, and that's when i realised the poor guys eyes were filled with pain. and in that scene with affinity. they're having their usual dysfunctional conversation out loud, and a completely seperate one with their eyes. i mean, i haven't tried it yet, but i bet if you watched that scene with no sound, you'd come up with a very different impression of what's being said
                          Exactly Michelle! There is an entirely different conversation going on between Sam and Jack through their eyes from what is being said or if you like, in addition to what is being said. I didn't really notice it until I watched Caty's new video. Maybe it's because there were so many closeup scenes but there it was. Hit me like a ton of bricks. It's in their eyes.

I'm not worried about potatoehead anymore because I've read the ending in Sam and Jack's eyes. It's there and it's conclusive!!!!!!!!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Yay!! Site's back up! Was it just me, or did we experience some technical difficulties??

Hey, I just posted another chapter in my fanfic. Let me tease you with a paragraph. Then, if you're interested, you can check it out. (I'm totally addicted to fanfic, and I get a cheap thrill from reviews, LOL!)

There was no way of knowing who moved first. In the space of a heartbeat, they were entwined in a passionate kiss, the likes of which Sam had never felt before. Longing, desire, fear, affection, and need all blended together in a brilliant wave of emotion. When it crashed over the pair, the rest of the world faded into a distant corner of reality. They existed only for each other.

The link to my fanfic work is in my signature.

So, was it just me, or did the site actually crash? Hard to tell sometimes, because my computer has been acting all wonky of late.
                            -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Well, it's fine for a woman to choose a family if that's what she wants. Personally, I have a family and I stay home with my kids but that's not for every woman. If Sam wants a family, great! More power to her! But she should NEVER settle for one if that's not what she truly wants and she should never settle for a man who she obviously does not love and respect. I'm not talking about an idealistic fairy tale type of love here (doesn't exist) but a real, mature, mutual respect and affection. If that's not there then the relationship is basically over when the passion fades and she has condemned not only herself but her husband and any kids they may have to misery. And it's very selfish of her to have children just to "check the box"! Children that wouldn't have a choice in whether their mom actually loves their dad but would feel the consequences.

And all the while, she is crushing the man who could give her the love and respect that she craves and who she already feels that for. All because she thinks she can't have him. I'm sorry but if I loved a man as much as we are led to believe that she does, I'd climb mountains to be with him. Better yet, I'd sit down and talk to him and try to find a compromise so we both win. I just hate the way they've made her seem so self-serving and unconcerned with Jack's feelings.

It makes me sick to think that the writers gladly make her look like a fool. Personally I hold RCC responsible, it's his crap that led to Chimera in the first place. I used to be so positive and hopeful about this whole thing but I'm tired of the only woman on the show--who used to be a strong independent woman--being made to look like a fool and the blame for that lays squarely in the lap of the man who considers himself in charge, RCC. I miss Brad! I really wish he'd come back and spend more time with SG-1.

K, Rant done (I think)
                              I think that what you said is worthy of applause!!!!!!!!!!

And I would like to 2nd your comments to RCC!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to stand up and be heard again Shippers!!

Do I hear a 3rd voice in the crowd that agrees!!!!!!!!!!
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Shinrai
                                I watched it on my computer. Of course, I had to watch the lab scene over again just in case I missed something the first or second... or third... well, you get the idea.
                                SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                                Lunar
                                Caty
                                Marimba
                                Tame
                                Mei Mei
                                Kri
                                Critter
                                LtLisa
                                TOKEN